Start by marking “Pretty Girls Don't Eat” as Want to Read:
Pretty Girls Don't Eat

Pretty Girls Don't Eat

Sixteen-year-old Winter Mae Jones knows exactly what she wants: a career in fashion design.

There's only one thing standing in her way - fat girls don't work in the fashion industry.

A strict diet seems like a good fix, but Winter's weight may not be the only thing holding her back...
Published July 2nd 2017 by Ford Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Girls Don't Eat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Girls Don't Eat

Start your review of Pretty Girls Don't Eat
Emmeline
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, read-2017
I enjoyed it! The pace was a little slow at the beginning, but I thought it was quite well done :)
Katrina
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where was this book when I was growing up?!!!
Where was with author??? She is amazing. I would have loved to be bff's with these characters!
TheCosyDragon
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it

Winter dreams of being a fashion designer. Her designing talent can’t be denied – but Winter believes that she will never get anywhere unless she is thin. The more compliments she gets for her weight loss, the more uncertain she feels about life, and what actually makes her a worthwhile person.

I wanted to love this novel. I was super excited abou
Bonnie Batton
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up off the library shelf because it looked interesting, and next thing I knew I was a chapter in! The writing was engaging and I loved the way the author wrote about sewing - as someone who loves making my own clothes, the descriptions of clothing and the process of making your own designs were so wonderful to read. They were so accurate that I have a strong suspicion the author is a bit of a sewer herself, or knows someone who is, and reading this book has left me itching to ...more
Sally
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I picked this up at the library on a whim because I forgot my Kindle and it was quicker to run to the library before my train than to go home ;) Just needed something short and simple to get me through the day. What a find! What a gem I stumbled upon. Set in Melbourne - instant love there - and with such wonderful characters and such a great story. Super enjoyable and realistic, I could feel for Winter so much with her struggles. Just loved her.
Sandra
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable young adult novel set in Melbourne, Australia. Winter is an intelligent, clever 16 year old girl. Very capable with a sewing machine and great design ideas. has two fabulous friends she confides in. However, Winter never feels good enough, slim enough in her mother's eyes.
When she meets Oliver at a party and when she starts working part-time for a popular designer, Winter decides the only other thing needed to make her life perfect is to lose weight.
Mahta
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SUCH AN AWESOME BOOK! I love how touching this story was. Not only was it very enjoyable to read, it also shined some light on very important topics such as eating disorder and body image. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to be inspired to make a change to their lifestyle, or to anyone who has enjoyed watching the movie "To The Bone".
Taylor
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I want Winter to be my BFF. It was inspiring and I couldn't put it down. My new favourite. It has to be the best book I've read in 10 years! I absolutely loved it!
Tanika Naicker
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
A refreshing portrayal of eating disorders and diet culture.
Paul Rodger
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny, insightful and honest, but definitely not preachy. Great dialogue. Recommended!
fanny  Kaplan
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit of cheese but the writing is funny.
silene
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put down!
Absolutely amazing book with a very interesting plot.
Recommended for teens, although some parts are more for grown-ups.
Tanvi Nair
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is gripping right from the get go! It's interesting to read, and written in a way that is engaging for anyone. Winter is a fun and dynamic character, and her experience with body image issues is so real and raw. Absolutely love this book and would definitely recommend to anyone!
Sammi
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The author has done such a fantastic job with this book. Winnie has managed to keep a fun, easy to read mood whilst never detracting away from the serious issue that arise within this story.
This book explores issues such as friendship, body image and eating disorders. These issues may put some people off. However the author has approached these subjects with tact and consideration.
Winter is a brilliant MC, the author has created a fun, dynamic character who is relatable. Along with her friends
Alannah
Rachel
Jul 27, 2019
Genevieve Sturzaker
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting story line with a positive message :)
Amanda
Sep 18, 2017
Maka
Sep 13, 2020
Taylor Gralton
rated it did not like it
Nov 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• It Sounded Better in My Head
  • As Happy as Here
  • Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend
  • Prisoner of the Inquisition
  • Punching the Air
  • The Loop (The Loop Trilogy, #1)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • How to Grow a Family Tree
  • Unpacking Harper Holt
  • The Erasure Initiative
  • The Dark Tide
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • When We Wake (When We Wake, #1)
  • The Darkest Bloom (Shadowscent, #1)
  • Your Soul is a River
  • The Shadow Cipher (York, #1)
  • The Last Girl (The Last Trilogy #1)
  • The Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5)