Start by marking “Exes with Benefits” as Want to Read:
Exes with Benefits

Exes with Benefits

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  2,077 Ratings  ·  323 Reviews
***He wants a second chance. I want a divorce. To get what I want, I’ll have to give him what he does.***

From New York Times & USA Today bestselling author, Nicole Williams:

The only benefit I want from my ex is a divorce.

We got married for all the wrong reasons. The one thing we got right was our separation. I should have known better than to think I could bet on fore
Published September 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Exes with Benefits, please sign up.
Greyland Reviews
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

EXES WITH BENEFITS: is a second chance full-length stand-alone romance novel by Nicole Williams. In this we meet Canaan Ford and his wife Maggie.

With a turbulent rocky relationship newly wed Maggie reaches the hard decision to walk away from her marriage to her childhood sweetheart Canaan and the only boy she'd ever loved. But his boozing and fighting and coming home with scars and scrapes and her playing nurse maid had taken it’s toll on Maggie and she’d finally decided enough was enough.
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

OMG. OMG. OMG!! This book was absolutely AMAZING. I swear to you MY HEART WAS RACING on every single page!!!! ***DEEP BREATH*** It's a super intense, emotionally charged second chance romance between a married couple and — HOLY HELL — the way this man LOVES this woman... His LOYALTY and DEVOTION to her. It'll take your breath away. I absolutely adored this book and can't recommend it highly enough!

Nicole Williams is such a strong, talented author. I love the way she writes. Her words bring the s
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“The man was the boy again, and I wanted to save him the way he’d saved me. But I couldn’t. The only person who could save Canaan Ford was Canaan Ford.”

Nicole Williams is back baby……well it actually hasn’t been that long since I read her last book, but I do get uber excited anytime she comes out with a new story. I always get fully invested in her well written plot lines, dialogue and the characters she creates. Exes with Benefits was not at all as I expected it to be and I’m not saying that
Olga therebelreader
Exes With Benefits is an emotional, gripping tale of a love so raw and bittersweet that will leave you breathless. This book has humor, steam, mystery, angst..... My emotions were all over the place. The storyline was addictive and had the right amount of angst, misunderstanding, humor, drama, and resolution to keep me flipping those pages with a smile and an “oh-no” plastered on my face. We all make mistakes and some are harder to forgive than others. The relationships in this book pushed my bo ...more
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Right guy, wrong time' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Ardent Prose PR in exchange for an honest review.

Can we take a moment to appreciate how Nicole Williams i sable to make me experience every feeling possible while Reading her books? Yeah, I accept it. I am a mess of emotions when I finish her books! And she did it. AGAIN. She made me love the journey back to love between this couple.

Exes with Benefits is Nicole’s newest standalone novel and contrary to the humor aspect we had in h
Nicola
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I think god was a child the last time I read a Nicole Williams book—not sure why I've left it so long—and Exes with Benefits was a enjoyable second-chance romance balancing hot and heartfelt with humour and that lovely pull you get when one party is reticent.

description

Ever watched Sweet Home Alabama, the one where Reese Witherspoon married her small-town childhood sweetheart, lost a baby, left him for the big-city because of how he acted afterwards, never divorced him, met someone of stature (
Melanie (mells_view)
This read was okay, but it felt like it was lacking something to make it GREAT. If that makes any sense at all. It was also kind of hard to like the heroine, but it was easy to understand her actions and motivations. The hero was written well and redeemed himself well. I think this story could have benefited from a more dramatic prologue. It was emotional and gave back story, but it didn’t hit me in my gut and make me FEEL for the characters.

Still a pretty good read if you’re looking for exes wi
Alex ♈
Denna✌
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paige
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 "One Month" Stars

Exes with Benefits was a sweet and sometimes emotional second chance romance. Maggie and Canaan were childhood sweethearts but their love story turned more rough than romantic not even a year into their marriage. So Maggie made the difficult decision to leave. For her own good. Now years later she's back to the place she never thought she'd return after her grandmother passed away. Canann is still there. And still determined. When Maggie finally serves him divorce papers, he
Pick a Book
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
English / Português

4 stars

The name of this book, EXES WITH BENEFITS, deceived me. When I took this book I imagined that it would be an older couple, late 30s, and that after they separated they would end up meeting again, that it would be very spicy, they would fall in love again and in the end they would realize that it was bullshit to separate and they would be together again. Did you imagine that too, right? However Nicole Williams gives the reader something better. She delivers a book about
Kindling Micky
If you want a book with heat, depth and substance then EXES WITH BENEFITS is the perfect autumn read to cozy up with. From the title, I thought this would be all kinds of light reading but what I got was some story with punch (there's a pun there) and characters to get my teeth into.

This story couples some themes that I love, second chances and bad boy turned around. In fact, Canaan gave me serious hero-swoon because he was a great guy in the most believable way. Canaan was a man not about to re
Katerina
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm going to start of with saying the title of this book sounds seedy and unfaithful. He doesn't want "benefits" from her; he wants his wife back.

We have to remember they were both 18 when they married out of wedlock. They both went on to lose that child a week later. Previous to that, Canaan lost his younger brother and drowned himself in drinking and brawls. Eighteen is horribly young to not only be married but deal with grief, and guilt because in a lot of ways - your maturity is evolving.

I
Shayna
Nicole Williams never fails to turn out an emotionally driven and intense romance! Add the second-chance trope into the mix, and you got yourself an absolute WINNER! My heart and my head was put through the ringer with this one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. EXES WITH BENEFITS is an addicting second-chance romance between a married couple and it WOW is it super INTENSE! I was hooked the second I read the prologue. I was on the verge of tears in the first few pages...my heart broke im ...more
Tpagirl
Exes with Benefits was a second chance standalone by Nicole Williams.

I loved the premise of the story and although sad, the prologue had me hooked from the beginning and I stayed that way to the end.

Canaan Ford and Maggie Church grew up together in Farmington, MO and were high school sweethearts. They married at 18 and were married for eleven months before she finally left him. She loved him but they were toxic together. She had not been back to the small town in five years but couldn't avoid it
Shari Kay
Sep 07, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
Unless they were both celibate during the separation(still MARRIED)...no can do Update (view spoiler)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... I'm thinking I wouldn't like this h too much anyway
Brandie
Basically the book version of Sweet Home Alabama, which is one of my favorite movies. But the book just isn’t working for me.
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Williams writes the BEST second chance love stories. They make me feel all the things.

This story is about a couple who gets married very young, and along with being young, and tragedies striking left and right, things are bound to fall apart. Cannan is making bad decisions, drinking to much, fighting to much. Only considering the things he's going through. Maggie is done she has given all that she feels she can give. It's now 5 years later.

CANNAN
This man, there was never a point in the
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Stars!

Exes with Benefits was a super cute, easy read! Not super heavy on angst, we still got the right balance of heart and emotion. Our heroine Maggie, left her husband Canaan five years ago. He was young and a hot mess of drinking and fighting. She'd packed up her life and left him, never once looking back. A half decade later, she's forced to go back and face this man, this life she'd left in the shadows of her mind. Can she make it through the trip home without letting her heart falter f
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Second Chance CROWNS

Exes with Benefits by Nicole Williams is the perfect angsty, second chance romance I needed in my life. From cover to cover, I was infatuated with Canaan and Maggie.

Canaan develops into such an amazing man, showcasing exactly how losing the "love of your life" can change a person. The Canaan readers get to see is kind and compassionate, and while he still has the demons that plague him and the destructive desires, he has learned to control t
NinaReader
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!

I love going in and not knowing too much about a book except that it's a second chance and that's what I was in the mood for.

Well this was definitely that and I surprisingly loved it! It was light enough but it wasn't just light. It had substance and a really sweet hero, a full bodied story with just enough heartfelt moments!
Kim
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Maggie is coming home to Farmington, Missouri from Chicago for the first time in five years...since she ran away from her small town life, and her first love and husband. Her heart was broken and she created a new life for herself. But now she is back for a funeral, but also plans to deal with the pesky little business of getting divorce papers signed while she is there. But she has not idea that it is not going to be that easy.

Canaan Ford had been a man on downward spiral due to tragedies in hi
Beneath The Covers Blog
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, kelly, 2017-reads
A second-chance love story full of hurt and heartfelt romance!

Exes with Benefits was and eye-opening and unconventional novel. The title alone gives the reader an insight as to what the story is about. But it can also be deceiving, as it does not express everything that does happen in the book.

As I began reading and was further invested in the story of these two characters, I couldn't help but see the book's similarities to the movie "Sweet Home Alabama". If that was the author's intention, I th
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Such a sweet second chance romance. I'm such a sucker for the trope, and this book ended up being exactly what I needed. Review to come!

Thanks to the author for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Terri
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
LOVED this ! Omg this was one of the best second chance romances that I have read in a long time. Canaan and Maggie grew up together and married young. Although they were soul mates and so much in love the hurt from their pasts made things hard for Canaan to cope. With the marriage strained Maggie up and moved to Chicago leaving Canaan totally heartbroken. Five years later another tragedy brings Maggie back to her home town and the husband she left behind.
This story was heartfelt, sexy and funn
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

This is probably my favorite book by Nicole Williams.
I really loved it and it hit just the right spots for me. Second chances, damaged hero and all together lovable characters.
I read it literally in one breath. I haven't read the blurb on purpose, because I knew Nicole wouldn't let me down.
I couldn't stop reading. She truly outdid herself with this one.
When I got to the end, I wanted to start all over again.
BRILLIANT!
It was actually so much more than a second
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star-2017
Exes with Benefits by Nicole Williams
4.5 stars!!!

“My husband forfeited his rights years ago…He’s here to reclaim them.”

Nicole Williams never fails to deliver and Exes with Benefits more than delivered. This is one emotional second chance romance, where leopards really can change their spots given the right motivation. Nicole Williams always delivers a well-executed plot, fantastic dialogue and character connection and heart-felt emotion and for me it is these aspects that made this book. Wor
Jan
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A second chance romance.

The Title? I don't think it suited this book at all. It suggests something like friends with benefits but sleeping with your ex, an arrangement. This wasn't that kind of story at all and that title belittles or cheapens the heartwarming and moving moments within this book.

A beautiful story of regrets, heartache, promises of change and fighting for what's important.

"You fight for what's important.
That's the way life is. And you are worth every fight I have in me. "

Cana
Courtney
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

I have written and deleted the start of this review I don't know how many times. First and foremost, there is not one book that Nicole has written that I have not loved entirely. I fall in love with her characters and their stories so easily. That's what Nicole's writing does to me - she captures me completely and I never want the story to end.

And this happened once again with Exes with Benefits. I have to say, this was different than what I anticipated and that's not a bad thing. The
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams
Instagram: author_nicole_williams
Twitter: nwilliamsbooks

More about Nicole Williams

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“Because I couldn’t love anyone else but you.” His throat moved as the corners of his eyes creased. “I know there’re more romantic ways to say it, but that’s the truth. I might have made a vow on our wedding day to love you forever, but I’d known that years before saying those” 3 likes
“Getting you to realize that you and me, we’re not over.” 2 likes