Start by marking “Pause” as Want to Read:
Pause

Pause

The heartbreaking story of one man's struggle to walk away and the woman who refused to let him.

An instant.

That's all it took for Trey's life to change, twisted into an unrecognizable mess. Paralyzed by the weight of his guilt, he was numb to anything that wasn't his self-induced loathing and isolation. And that was on a good day.

Callie spent the first part of her life
Published July 10th 2018 by Micki Fredricks

To ask other readers questions about Pause, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pause

Start your review of Pause
Dri ✰
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
★ 3 stars!! ★

“Love is love. It’s demanding, agonizing, and at times can be a downright bitch. But it’s the one thing we all crave. When it’s right, it’s incredible and there’s nothing else like it.”

Esse livro é narrado em terceira pessoa e no início me senti confusa e perdida. Tive uma certa dificuldade e demorei um pouco para me situar dentro da história e conseguir entrar no ritmo.

Eu gostei dos personagens principais e secundários desse livro. Devido ao estilo de narrativa deu pra acompa
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
"In the darkness of the night, on a back road, in the middle of a rainstorm, I paused.”

PAUSE is one of those books that gripped me on the very first page, an emotional and heart-breaking story of second chances, beautiful prose, and characters that will make you want to reach through your Kindle and hug them. I need more from Alex O’Brien!

Callie and Trey were brought together under difficult circumstances. She was there to heal him—them, little did she know they were going to heal each other
Renee at Book Happiness
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
i recieved this for an honest reveiw...

First off WOW!! This beautiful love story between Trey and Callie simply amazing and one that everybody needs to read. such a wonderful story written by a wonderful author

I just dont have the words to tell you how much i enjoyed this book of two souls who were perfect togther
Lisa
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written that came with all the feels. Like all-of-the-feels. Pause is a book you want to climb into and be apart of the O’Brien family almost immediately. Every character in this book made me want to hug, squeeze, laugh. cry with, and cherish forever. Pause is definitely a 5 star read, but I honestly think it deserves more than that.

Fingers are crossed that we get a book for Jesse.

5 ‘I Got You’ stars!
Beth Ann
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pause by Micki Fredricks is one of those books that holds readers in its spell for the duration of the book. Two people - Callie and Trey - are brought together under difficult circumstances and it is those same difficult circumstances that may be what determines the future of their relationship. Is there a secret from the past that could unhinge everything? Or will that same secret be the glue that can make their emotional and intense relationship actually work?

Author Micki Fredricks skillfully
Lori R.
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet, well-written, new adult romance that gripped my heart from the very first chapter. With every turn of the page, I fell more and more in love with the main characters, even the secondary ones.

After a terrible tragedy he takes blame for, Trey goes down a road of self-hatred and refuses any sort of happiness for himself. Then he meets Callie, who’s so full of light and spirit. Is it possible she can break through those walls of stubbornness and make him realize he’s worthy of l
Tori
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ STAR!! This is a beautiful, heart wrenching love story. The love between Callie and Trey is a slow burn, never knowing if it will develop. Their past tragedies so engrained in their present, they unknowingly hurt each other. Each are haunted, one wanting to move forward and the other stuck in grief. This line from the story is a glimpse of the pain, "It was both tragically beautiful and terrifying to watch as someone's soul tried to fade out." This was a story that touches your heart, s ...more
Cathy
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Micki Fredricks is a new author to me and I bought this one because I fell in love with the cover so I went in blind. Luckily for me I really enjoyed Trey and Callie's story, it was fast paced and had my attention right from the beginning, there were lots of light hearted moments woven through this emotional story of second chances and overcoming tragedy. Grief is a powerful emotion and this shows how differently people deal with it. Not entirely sure why Trey was kept in the dark, the logic of ...more
mybookcraze
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: july-2018, arc-2018
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

My first book by this author and this book is all about life giving you a second chance. Callie was there to heal Trey, but they ended up healing each other instead. It was a story that dealt with the grief of losing a family member and how everyone deserves a second chance.
LadyDevil
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ок
Шикарная история, написанная отличным языком. 🤗
Не стану лгать и говорить, что влюбилась в эту историю с первых страниц. Нет, такого не было. Но чем дольше я читала, тем больше проникалась этой историей, и тем больше она мне нравилась.
В наше время редко можно встретить книгу без постельных сцен. Здесь их нет, и книга ни грамма не потеряла, скорее наоборот. Я люблю, когда упор делается на эмоции, а не на сексуальное притяжение.
Хотя честно сказать, я больше порадовалась бы отсутствию хэппенинга.
Brenda Buschmann
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the best love stories I've read this year, and there have been a few. This was my first book by this author, and I will for sure be reading more of her stuff. I laughed, cried, hoped, laughed some more and loved right along with them. And I'm hoping to get some of my own pearls from the mob.
Liz
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pause is an excellent love story filled with all the emotions. You'll fall in love with Callie and Trey and love reading how their stories intertwine and unfold. I struggled with wanting to binge read the entire thing but not wanting it to end. I highly recommend you read Pause!
Jennifer LeBlanc
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 out of 5 Stars

This was a heartbreaking and wonderful story. I loved it from beginning to end. <3
CJ at Book Happiness
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A charming clean romance with drama, heartbreak, friendship and the bond of a strong family tested after tragedy and loss. Very well written and enjoyable characters throughout. I hope to see Jade and Jesse’s story in the future.
Dita
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow...this one is a romance read packed with emotional moments.
The man who doesn't want to move on and the girl who's full of life and push him to move on. Oh yes this story got me hooked from the first chapter and keeps me turning the page after page.
The story and the characters bring all the feelings, I smiled with all those sweet full of love moments, got teary with those heartbreaking moments, got frustrated with those angst moments.

As for characters, I can't not root for Trey and Callie
Jamie Chomyc
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book!! I was captivated right from the beginning all the way to the end in one session!! This is Trey and Callie's story!! This book was an emotional story that pulls on your heartstrings!! I laughed I cried and I loved every moment of it!! I highly recommend this book!!
Polly Barreto
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fabulous read! Callie and Trey’s story will give you all the feels and tug on your heart strings. Pause had just the right amount of love and angst, to keep me turning those pages. I will definitely be recommending this book and taking time to pause in my own life.
Jennifer Ann
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an advanced copy of this beautiful story, and it's one that will stay with me for a long time! Emotions run raw and deep in this sweet, heart-wrenching romance as the characters struggle with emotional scars that prevent them from their happily ever after. Filled with heart and soul, Trey and Callie's adventure is one not to be missed.
Sara Gross
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Micki Fredericks and I am so glad that it caught may eye and I picked it up. I absolutely loved the O’Brien family, especially little Alex...she definitely stole my heart. The story of Callie and how she was tethered to the O’Brien’s was a tragic and beautiful story. I wanted to just hug Trey and tell him that everything would be okay if he would just pay attention to those around him. Always take time for the pause...
Peta Benjamin
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You definitely know you have found a beautiful book when you start it and can't put it down. And when you finally finish it, you wished you hadn't because you want it to go on and on.

This was how I felt after reading Pause. The depth of emotions in this book are something I haven't felt in reading a book for a good long while. The characters are so strong and real you almost feel you are watching every scene unfold before your eyes.

There are many heartbreaking moments but also so much positives
Jennifer Hanson
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would give this book 10 stars if I could!!! Yes, it is that good and it's been a long time since I've read a book that gave me all the feels and made me want to reach through my kindle and hug these characters. Every single character in this book...Callie, Trey, Lauren, Eve, Andy, Jade and especially Alex stole my heart at some point in this amazing book. I honestly don't think there is anything in this book that I would change...Micki does a fantastic job of telling this incredibly emotional ...more
Kelly
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is an amazing feeling when you read a book that you have never heard of, by an author that you never heard of, and fall head over heels in love with both. This is the case with Pause by Micki Fredricks.

Pause is a book that has all the feels as the author makes you a part of the O’Brien family. You are pulled through this family's journey and you smile, laugh and feel their pain right along with them. I absolutely loved Firefly and somehow Micki made the youngest member of the O’Brien family,
Helene Book Hoarder
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell deeply in love and became totally heartbroken by the end of Chapter 2! That twist totally hit me like a truck, I didn’t see that coming. This is an emotional read, I loved that I kept waiting for the shoe to fall and became emotionally attached to the characters.

The cover of this book is as beautiful as the story it tells. One of my most favorite book cover of 2018 is now one of my favorite reads of 2019.

The Title of this book is PERFECT.. Micki reminds us that in the midst of the chaot
Dawn Inman
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when the worst happens?

Life changes in a moments notice- Trey and Callie, two strangers with nothing in common... until-

The story is beautifully written, grabbing you and pulling you in with the turn of the first page. The emotions bleed from the page and into your soul. You feel the love, the pain, the heartache and the joy.

Once started I couldn’t put the book down, I wanted to pause, to savor the moment- but couldn’t put the book down!

Well worth the read!
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written story, which is an engaging page turner from beginning to end. This story is filled with heartbreak, emotion, angst, secrets, humour, and pulls at the heartstrings throughout. In my opinion, this story is worth so much more than the 5 star rating allowed, and I cannot wait to read more of this authors’ work.
Jessica De witt
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING

This is an amazing book the story keeps u hooked from chapter one. A classic love story everyone wishes to have. I am so in love with this book, and this author is pretty amazing as well. She is strong willed, loving, and passionate about everything she does. BUY THIS BOOK!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!
Nicole
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Wow!!!

This book blew me away!!!! I spent most of my time holding my heart, shedding a few tears, and smiling like a loon. I adored Trey and Callie's journey. But, above them...man, did I LOVE me some Alex!!! That girl was a riot!! This it's my first book by this author. No way in heck it will be my last. She has made a believer out of me!!! AWESOME READ!!!
Iluzija 8
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.8
Jordan
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected

I had no idea how much this book would touch my heart. I felt their emotions! Full of love, grief, and and happiness. The writing was beautiful and the story more so.
Kristie
Mar 21, 2019

• Three's Company
  • Oryon (Tornians #3.5)
  • Regular Sex ~ Issue 5 ~ Maid for You (The Regular Sex Weekly Series ~ Raunchy coffee-break reads)
  • Bad Boy Daddy
  • When a Beta Roars (A Lion's Pride, #2)
  • Dear Killian (Love Letters #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Three (Spencer Cohen, #3)
  • Taxes and Tardis
  • Raziel (The Fallen, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
  • Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Two (Spencer Cohen, #2)
  • Point of No Return (Turning Point, #1)
  • Finders Keepers
  • Unexpected Reality (Unexpected Arrivals, #1)
  • Imago (Imago, #1)
  • Dear Gage (Love Letters #2)
  • Dear Maverick (Love Letters)

If they’d known about ADHD when I was little, my Ritalin dosage would've been OFF THE CHARTS!!

It goes without saying; I spent A LOT of time by myself after the teacher moved my desk out into the hallway. ** Silver lining** With all that alone time on my hands, I used my imagination to make the world a more interesting place.

When I was little, people said I had an active imagination. In elementar