Start by marking “Foundation (The Hunted #5)” as Want to Read:
Foundation (The Hunted #5)

Foundation (The Hunted #5)

This edition retitled as The Light to My Darkness — ASIN B07328GVMQ

Fame. Fortune. Penny has the whole world at her fingertips. What more could a woman ask for?

But all she wants to do is work on her manuscript - a novel about defying the odds. After getting denied by dozens of literary agents, her confidence has been unwound. Her husband should be enough. Her family shoul
Published September 19th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

Debra
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The light to My Darkness is book five in the Hunted series but read very well as a standalone book for me!

Penny and James are expecting their second child and they both think they know the gender of their baby. They have a fun back and forth with each other. Penny believes she is having a boy. James believes they are having a girl. They have a three-year-old daughter and on the surface, things seem to be going great for this family.

Penny has been turned down by several publishers and is feeling
Jennifer Miller
*** I received an advanced copy and chose to review it ***
** 100% spoiler-free review **
* 5 heart stopping stars *

Ivy Smoak has once again given her readers a heart stopping, completely engrossing read centered around our favorite professor and his former student, James and Penny. Just when we think everything is going smoothly for our 2 favorite characters, Smoak drops The Light to My Darkness and blows our minds! This book is everything readers have come to expect from the author---super sexy,
Erica
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
whyyyyyyy??? Ivy, this book tugged on my emotions the entire time. A part of me knew what was going on, but I didn't expect all of this. That precious smart Scarlett. Thank God for her. I laughed, cried, and by the end, I was pulling my hair out. Amazing book, but why put us through heartache by ended it like this. I need James right now, and I need Penny too. You can't do this to us. Please don't do this to us.
Lori
The Light to my Darkness by Ivy Smoak is the fifth book in the Hunted Series. I have not read the other books in this series but was able to jump right into this story. I don't feel as if you have to read the previous books in this series to enjoy this book, Ms. Smoak does an excellent job bringing the new reader up to speed. But, this book was just soo good, I definitely feel the need to go back and read this series from the beginning.
This book is a continuation of Penny and James’ story. Be
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
WOW!! Just WOW!!

I absolutely love this couple, Penny and James, and the trials and tribulations that they seem to always find themselves in. This story was like a slowly moving storm, - not so slowly that the story didn't have me hooked - I could just see something was coming, and it wasn't going to be good.
I knew that the shiz was going to hit the fan, but what actually happened caught me off guard! Totally! I'm left with shock, suspicion, and anxiety. All the feels. The next book can't come
Stephanie Purpus
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy for my honest review.

This book is #5 in the beloved Hunted Series. From the first page you are sucked into James and Penny's world. Is the baby a boy or girl? Is it one baby or multiples? Has James and Penny made peace with James' parents?

I could hardly put it down and stayed up late into the night reading just to find out what is happening. I laughed, cried, and may have wanted to head out east, find Ivy and demand answers. I may have had to Google a thing or two.
Melida
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book . . started reading it 9/23 at 9ish and finished reading it 9/24 145ish. I was crying the whole time reading this book. It was beautiful yet heart wrenching. To know that Penny still had doubts of her love from James. It is a beautiful story from the beginning. Very taboo the whole professor student thing. But their love was strong. Strong enough to get married and start of family. When reading the hospital scene when the doc said about "poison" my thoughts went st ...more
Renee
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutley loved this book. Penny and James are such amazing characters. I loved every single second that I got to spend with them. I dont know that I could deal with living in the spotlight and my picture constantly being taken. This is the way its always been for them and Pwnny fewls like she doesnt deserve the life she has. She decides to basically to herself that she is not worthless and writes a novel. Then the rejections start to pour in. All this while being pregnant with thier second c ...more
Shailyn Hoffman
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow parent life...

Getting straight to it, this book doesn’t have near as many love scenes as did the other books in the series but Penny is pregnant with their second baby & of course it’s difficult to find that alone time. We get all the worry, hormones & emotional episodes thanks to baby #2 but Penny would do it all over again. The fears that come with pregnancy are real but more so with Penny because the stakes are high.

There’s a serious curveball towards the end and Scarlett is in th
Maureen
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK if you want to sleep. I have read thousands of books and this is one of the first I felt the need to leave a review. It has been 3 days since I finished this book and am still having a hard time dealing with the ending. I read the other 4 in The Hunted series and cannot believe Ivy did this. If I had known how this would unwind ( or wind up), I wouldn't have read it. Not wanting to give any spoilers, I won't write any more, but I will also not be reading any more of her boo ...more
Penny Sharpton
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of Ivy Smoaks books. I have read almost every book she has wrote and have became a huge fan. The stories suck you into them and you become attached to the characters. You feel as if you were there. I have never read a series I have loved more then hers. These books have made me laugh, cry, and feel so anxious that I stay up till the wee hours in the morning reading them. I get up at 5am so that’s not a good thing for me to do. I can never put her books down and my only complaint is sh ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Penny and James are now expecting their second child, but life is never boring for these two. Health issues, fears, insecurities, and the return of an old threat keep driving a wedge between our beloved couple. Their struggles were real, and I was enthralled with the continuation of their lives. Do they have a strong enough foundation to weather these next challenges? I also loved getting James POV! Throughout the book I worried and fretted, I cried and rejoiced, and I kept hoping that they woul ...more
Modern
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for a voluntary, completely honest and non incentivized review. I don't know how Ivy Smoak does it but she has some major powers! Just when I thought (and dreaded) the ending of The Hunted Series (because seriously, how much BS can happen to one sweet couple), she goes and writes this heart wrenching, tear streaming, gut twisting book. I'm frozen yet all over the place, I feel like how this book ended.
Don't get me wrong, it's also quite funny, sweet and just like Penny and
Lisa Varn
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ivy, you have done it again! Not only could I not put this amazing book down, I am having withdrawals from the James and Penny saga. I love how you pull us in, grab our hearts with their love for each other and then hold on to us until the next book comes out.

Foundation, is such an emotionally charged book... those that have not read this series, you are certainly missing out on an adventure that starts with Temptation, the first book in the Hunted Series and is still going strong. Don't take m
Lisa Varn

Viper Spaulding
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
We want to think that a HEA means smooth sailing for the couple, but we all know real life doesn't work that way. James and Penny get their follow-up story in Foundation, and they show that the path of true love never runs straight! Don't worry - their relationship is still strong - but they've got married-people problems and we get the fun of reading about every bit of it. We get a nice peek at the other characters that have been featured in their own spin-off books, and in true Ivy Smoak style ...more
Amy
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to see that Ivy was going to write another book for James and Penny. What happens after Happily Ever After? James and Penny are happily married and planning for a baby. The whole time I was reading, I was waiting for that proverbial shoe to drop and when it did all I can say is wow!

We also get to see for the first time, James' point of view and it was well worth the wait.

And holy cliffhanger! Can't wait to see how this continues!
Denise Levendoski
Thank you to Ivy Smoak and Goodreads.com I won this book in a Giveaway.

This book just spun for me, the first two parts were more of the same ideas and thoughts. Finally in part three things started moving along but just in another persons voice. Although the writing did have a nice tempo I found there was too many characters that were never explained who they were and how they related to the story.
Nichole Phillips
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In love

I am in love with these books. I bought them all and read them twice. I am going to read them again. I can't wait till the next book comes out this year. Ivy is one of my favorite writers. I have tried to read all her books. I love the penny and James stories the best. And I hope the next book ends in a happy ending with the family all In good health. They had to much bad happen to them but it still draws me in no matter how many times I read these books.
Leeann Pule
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Happiness?

Penny and James are on their second child and life seems to be blissfully amazing. But something is very wrong with Penny's pregnancy and she is beginning to feel like something is very wrong with her. Can they survive this latest drama?

I am so upset with the cliffhanger ugh...I so wanted to know what happened. I cannot wait for the next book!
Ashley Lubawy
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Penny and James life has been up and Down but the love that they had for each other never got less. These were amazing books i cant wait for the 6th book to come out I have never cried with a book before and book 5 had me in tears my heart broke Penny and James. I hope the sixth book comes out soon I can't wait to read it to see what happens
Katie
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got an ARC through a goodreads giveaway. It's the 5th in a series and I usually won't jump midway into a series, but I'm glad I made an exception this time. It started off a little slow but once it hooked me, I couldn't put it down. Twists I didn't see coming intrigued me enough I'll continue on with the series!
Crystal
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Foundation is about my favorite professor James and his former student Penny. The story is well written and so riveting that I couldn't put it down once I began reading it. The characters are Awesome! I Love them! The cliffhanger left me wanting to throw my kindle. Really need the next book ro find out what is going to happen. This is a must read series!
jennifer klein
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg

O absolutely love this book and it definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat.Can't wait to see the story unfolds. I did not see that coming with james. One minute i am like I hope penny will be ok and then I am saying I hope the baby is ok then the email with james collapsing...ugh
Shaunette
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow 😳! I'm in so much turmoil and I simply can't wrap my head around it. I laughed, I cried and I swooned but now my heart is in pieces for these two beautiful people. Scarlet you are so precious but that ending just had me tied in knots. Another outstanding piece of work Ivy Smoak but my heart is truly broken 😭😭
C.C. Hrivnak
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The final installation of The Hunted Series….I can’t believe it’s all come to this. These books are like candy for me. They aren’t good for me, I know it, but I can’t get enough of them! I had a few teary moments because this book touches a special place in my heart.

My beloved book candy is officially over and I wish I could have more, but wickedly pleasant things must come to an end….
Stephanie
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to review an ARC in order to provide an honest review. OMG! I SIMPLY CANNOT!!!! I totally didn't see this curveball coming. My heart was breaking for everyone. And now, the agonizing wait for the conclusion.
Tammy L
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Light to My Darkness by Ivy Smoak
Loved the continuing story of James & Penny. It was nice to see some of our favorite characters making a return. Look forward to what Ivy with bring us next. "I received an advanced copy of this manuscript and am voluntarily leaving an honest review."
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! I started it later than most and after the ending in this book, I am glad because I would have died if I had to wait too long to see what is next! I was not expecting that ending even towards the end of the book. You did not disappoint Ivy!
Karen
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a captivating romantic story. It is a cliffhanger. Good strong characters, well developed. It is written well. I appreciate reading this book. I am voluntarily reading and reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Ivy Smoak is the Amazon bestselling author of The Hunted series. When she's not writing, you can find her binge watching too many TV shows, taking long walks, playing outside, and generally refusing to act like an adult. She lives with her husband in Delaware.

Get a FREE sexy short story and find out about all Ivy's latest releases by joining her newsletter: http://eepurl.com/byfJUv

Learn more abou