Start by marking “Darkbeam Part I” as Want to Read:
Darkbeam Part I

Darkbeam Part I

(Beam #2)

Everyone in Paegeia knows that only one Rubicon dragon lives at a time.
If more than one, they will destroy Paegeia and eventually the rest of the world as they crave that constant power for dominance.
Blake Leaf is this era's Rubicon, and is destined for great things if his darkness can be won.
Darkbeam Part 1 follows the story of the Rubicon and how he tries to keep his bea
ebook, first, 660 pages
Published 2017 by Fire Quill Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Darkbeam Part I, please sign up.

Mandie
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this dark and twisted story, more than I actually thought I would. It was original and kept me entertained. I can’t wait to read the next book.
And I am totally in love with this cover!
CrazyCat (Alex)
I loved the Dragonian series and I devoured book 1, “Moonbeam”, in the spin off series Beam. And when I found out that there would be a whole book from Blake’s POV i was so excited. Finally we where given the opportunity to learn more about the Rubicon, his feelings towards Elena and, of course, the darkness he has inside. So I couldn’t wait to start reading the book, my expectation high. And it was just as brilliant as I thought it would be. Mind, this not a YA story, there is a lot of cussing, ...more
Bobbi
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love when an author gives you the backstory and the struggles of a main character. Explains more of what they have gone through to get where they are now.
Seraphia
He’s the Rubicon. He’s destined to either be one of light or succumb to the darkness. He needs a rider if he is to make it but the royal family was murdered. The King and Queen were murdered before they could produce an heir. Now, Blake battles every day with the darkness that grows within him. He’s fighting, but for how much longer can he hold out? This is his story.
Darkbeam Part 1: The Rubicon’s Story is a spinoff of Adrienne Wood’s Dragonian series. While I have not read the original Dragoni
Genelle Themann
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
There is darkness inside us all...but THE DARKNESS was awakening inside of Blake, consuming him, controlling him, and driving him to kill. Blake was losing control, as the beast began to take over his dragon-self, and the Rubicon grew in size, strength, and power. It was time for the claiming where Blake would discover who was strong enough and destined to become his rider. However, the beast did not want to be controlled, and was slowly taking over Blake's entire existence. A dream about a red- ...more
Amy
Blake is going down a dark path

Blake is destined for darkness, but maybe not all is as it seems. He's hiding things. This follows Blake’s path at Dragonia Academy.

Previous books deal with who he is and what he's going to do. This is about how he gets there, and covers some of the same storylines but from his perspective and shows what was really going on in his head.

I hadn't read any of the author's other books set in this world, so at times, I felt a little confused or like I was missing info
Elena
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 stars due to slight grammatical errors; fortunately, they do not distract from the story.

Overall, Darkbeam, Part I was absolutely fantastic!!

Darkbeam is in Blake's POV. I absolutely loved this read. Can't wait for Part II. Adrienne Woods never disappoints. The characters are the same but the focus is on Blake and his demons. We get to see the struggles he go through pre- and post-Elena. You definitely get a more in-depth look of the Viden and Tabitha. This book should be on the top of
Georganne
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Young, self-assured, half human, half dragon, fighting the dark side.
This is a tale of a young man fighting with his inner demons of good and evil. Blake believes that his destiny of darkness is waiting for him and he tries to find ways to avoid that destiny. This fantasy is a page turner with the adventures of Blake who is so self-destructive that it appears that he will destroy himself. His mind games are amazing. He is the “bad” boy. Read to see what happens to Blake and his self-destructive
Anika
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just wow

Here it is this is what we all have been waiting for Blake's side of the story.
Man o man this man gives us a lot of incite as to where and when Blake was.
Every girl wants this man every gay wants to be this man.
Blake struggels with his dark side a lot all his adiction and personal problems.
All of the woman in his life the ones he loves the ones he cant stand all of his lovers and minipulation.
Man this is a bad boy but who doent love them.
This so worth the read.
Well done Asrienne Woods fo
Destanie
First stating. I have read the entire series. I received the first book free for my honest review. It's an okay book with a great world that was created bu the delivery could be be so much better. I felt many heartbreaks with this series with the amount of deaths taken place. The storyline is fine. Has mystery. Adventure. Love. It's just that Blake is an annoying character for me. I just think the way he is portrayed is mechanical. The book itself is good I just don't personally like Blake and t ...more
Aimee Dennis
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I devoured the Dragonian series and so excited to finally get a chance to understand Blake’s side of the story. There are many layers to this Rubicon, Blake Leaf and relieved to know his conscience was still there…buried deep down. Makes my heart go pitter patter all over again.
Can’t wait to learn more about this misunderstood creature and fall in love all over again.
Although reading the Dragonian series is helpful, it is not necessary to dive into this new series.

I received a free copy of this
Raina Collins
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very intense and dark book. If you are looking for romance you won’t find it in this one, but I have a feeling some extremely intense changes will take place in the next book. The story is written exclusively through the view of Blake. He is a dragon shifter that has a darkness in him. The darkness is taking him over and he finds several ways to tame it for a moment. He uses killing, sex and drugs but even those aren’t enough. Definitely no happily ever after sin his near future.
Girlsnbooks
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an eye opener wow.
I just love to be in Blakes head this man who was so secretive now gives us all the incite to what and where he was in all those empty gaps. For all of you who was wondering what happened to Blake when he just deciphered All his thoughts all his emotions this this is a must read for you.
Well done Adrienne for a little more of Blake the man we all fanaticise about and all want.
Cant wait for the next one
Melonie
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting to see things through Blake's eyes for so long, and was not disappointed! It was an eye opener to see his internal struggle, and at times really felt his pain and conflict. It gave me a new respect for him and I cannot wait for part 2. This book made me laugh and cry, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Ms. Woods writing.

Stephanie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-copy, paranormal
With the rest of the Dragonian Series under my belt, it was awesome to read this from Blake's perspective and to live the story through him. It really adds to what I already knew and loved from the overall series! What's even better is that if you haven't read the Dragonian Series yet, you can still read this and not be lost.

On to DarkBeam Part 2!!

I was gifted an ARC in return of an honest review.
KATHY BROWN
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Non-stop action, adventure, and intrigue with plenty of twists! Dragon shifters and riders with the problems of teenagers and young adults trying to grow up! The action and adventure is permeated with intrigue! The twists will keep you guessing. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!

Jennifer Sencenbaugh
P.O.V from Blake is very insightful.

I have always loved series that have the P.O.V from other characters. Reading Darkbeam allowed me to understand Blake a bit more but I still think he is a ass. Can't wait to read part 2 and see how he keeps fighting both Elena and his dark side.
Scarolet Ellis
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darkbeam Part I: A Dragonian Series Novel: The Rubicon's Story by Adrienne Woods is an amazing new author for me to read. This story is an amazing read and I can not wait to see what comes next I loved reading this story so much.

Lea Cherry
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The novel delves into Blake Leaf’s mind before Elena arrived at Dragonia Academy and half way through we get to see what he thought when she finally did arrive. We get to see how he started creating his journal and what went through his mind during a dark time.
Can’t wait for part 2 of the dark descent that is Blake Leaf.
Stephanie
Cchat
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this without reading any of the previous series.
It is a dark fantasy, and not for young adults, as the author warns.
I'd like to read more of this series.
There are quite a few typos in the e-book.

Pat W
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an interesting read. It’s a well written book and the storyline will keep you gripped. I enjoyed how the characters brought the book to life. Looking forward to the next instalment. I recieved a copy via Booksprout and this is my honest review
Lynn Dawson
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book from Blake's point of view as the Rubicon.
His feelings and internal struggle with the Beast.
Can't wait to see what happens next for Blake.

Tanya
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only one Dragon can live at one time or the result will be war and destruction. This follows him as he tries to control the darkness inside him. Can he keep it under control? See if he can

Nicole Black
Redundant sentences

This book was just Not captivating. It was just too much of repetitive sentences. I think it was just added fluff to add to the page volume. It was a lot of inner dialogue and depressive thoughts that made storytelling through Blake’s view point, pathetic.
Amanda Williams
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised reading this book. I absolutely loved it. It was full of action from start to finish and it was something a little bit different to what I am used to reading. It breathed fresh air into the paranormal genre and I cannot wait to devour the next book and it's contents.
Erin
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved all of the characters and the premise of the story.Enjoyed Blake's Point of view in the story. Looking forward to reading the next book.

Dawn Kenestrick
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprising

I wasn't sure about reading the story from Blake's point of view, but even though it covered several points from other books in the series it was just as gripping. Now waiting for the next one to be released.
Courtney Huchton
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Blake's life, how things were for him, you get the Elena part towards the end, which we know what happens but you learn how Blake deals with all of it. You read how hard he struggles with his darkness, and how there is no hope in his eyes yet he still fights.
John Piper
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
I loved it! Great writing, characters, storyline, dialog, and action! I highly recommend checking this series out!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: add to "Beam" series 2 17 Nov 19, 2017 03:42AM
Adrienne Woods is a USA Today Bestselling author.
She published her first novel, Firebolt, in 2013, followed by Thunderlight, Frostbite, Moonbreeze and Starlight.

Her second series Dream Casters followed and Millue, the third and final part is scheduled to be released early 2019.

She is currently working very hard in getting the Dragonian Series translated into many languages and hope to reach new go

Beam (2 books)