Start by marking “Misguided (Fallen Aces MC Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Misguided (Fallen Aces MC Book 5)

Misguided

(Fallen Aces MC #5)

Only by losing my freedom, did I realize I was never free at all.

My father, the president of the Fallen Aces MC, sent me away to save me from a cold-blooded fate handed down by a tyrannical drug lord. Now, over a year later, my brother has come to take me home.

Only it doesn’t feel like home anymore.

I’m lost, wandering familiar yet foreign halls as I try to work out what
Published July 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Misguided, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misguided

Jessica Alcazar
I know a lot of reviewers are telling you that this story can be read as a standalone, but no, it really just can't. It's your choice, but this series should be read in order :)

First let me say that the slow burn between Mel and Dog was perfect for this story-line. Anything else would have just been ridiculous. You see, Mel has been in hiding for a year. She gets to come home now but there's an adjustment for her. It's all new to her so pilling on an insta-relationship to that would have been ri
Donna
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell!! This book is just bloody amazing and I really didn't think Max would ever be able to come close to my book of 2016 Tormented but Misguided is up there with that one for sure. The raw emotion  that I got from this book had me really shook up and I couldn't write this review for a time as to put into word how I feel is bloody hard.

The characters Dog and Mel are a match made in heaven, they both know it but are both to scared to say just how they feel. Both feeling beaten by the losess
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
What a great installment to this series!! If you haven't read this series before you could read this one as standalone but I think you may enjoy it better if you read the others but I like to do it that way anyway. This book was about two people who have been hiding but in two different ways.

Mel has been in hiding in the deep woods from everyone for the past 14 months and now its time for her to come back into the world. Unfortunately her world isn't what it was when she left. She has now lost
Julie
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biker, mc, romance
Mel has been in hiding, but it's now safe for her to return. She's missed her MC family but it will not be the same as it was. Her losses cuts deep but she must carry on.
Dog has problems with his blood family. His father is ill and Dog is being used, pulled back and forth between the company and the MC by his brother, but he has only time for his Fallen Ace MC life and turns the other way from his family.
He's happy that Mel has returned. It's great to see her, she looks as hot as ever, and he wa
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

This is the 5th book in the series it can be read as a stand-a-lone but highly suggest you download the previous 4 and catch up. I enjoyed the chemistry between Mel and Dog. My heart went out to Mel watching her struggle with her place and where she fit in then to see the other side to Dog than just the cocky playboy had me in aww.

How does a woman who has been on her own in the deep woods get back to the life she once knew over a year later? M
Brandy Roberts
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Misguided so much even though this can be read as a standalone I highly suggest that you read Existential before this one . Right from the first page I was really drawn to the story and characters I wanted to know more about them to see what they were going through and how their growing attraction is going . Mel and Dog have had different childhoods but in a way had to pretend to be someone that they are not and are unhappy being they'v also are going through loss of the ones they trul ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mel has spent the last year of her life, in hiding, away from her family, and everything that she loved. When it was safe for her to return, she was a different girl. And although she's back at home, she feels completely lost, so she struggles to find her purpose in the MC. Dog comes from an mentally abusive/well to do family, so he already carries some serious baggage, in which he's not willing to share with anyone. But he's so happy when he learns that Mel is alive, and he's been sent to pick ...more
Wednesday Stanley
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book..... I don't think I have the right words for this book. I actually missed the book before this one so it feels like I haven't read these characters in a while. So it kind of felt like coming home to me to be able to read these characters again. I will say this though this book is a bit different than Mrs. Henry's other books in this series. This one is much lighter, and what I mean is there's not a bunch of action/killing/gore. Which isn't a bad thing it was nice to see a lighter side ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell!! This book is just bloody amazing and I really didn't think Max would ever be able to come close to my book of 2016 Tormented but Misguided is up there with that one for sure. The raw emotion that I got from this book had me really shook up and I couldn't write this review for a time as to put into word how I feel is bloody hard.

CYNDY
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*****5 Misguided Stars*****
This series is something else so raw, so many emotions in each book; each story is so good and different but still keeps all the characters in series in each book. Mel is a ghost to her family Fallen Aces MC for 2 years now, they believe she was caught in the war cross fires. But her brother Hooch president of the Fallen Aces MC Fort Worth chapter knows different he had to keep her safe from the clubs enemies. Dog (Koen) is known amongst his club chapter as clown and m
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Mel has been in hiding for a year thanks to her crazy ex Carlos who put a hit out on her head. Dog a.k.a Koen comes from money but, he wants nothing to do with it. He resents his father and brother because of how they are and how they misuse their power instead of using it to do the right thing for all parties involved. Dog has always had feelings for Mel but, she thinks that she is too good for him being a biker princess and all that. Hooch has gone AWOL the club has had no contact with him in ...more
Linda
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Didnt excite me as much.

I liked the other books in this series, but this one was boring. There was chemistry with the H/h and love but also alot of questions. Her previous relationship with Sawyer yet he loved the sister. And she never ran into him during the month there and the back and forth. That would have made a great section of the story. Talking about her sister death since Sawyer was there. I think Ms Henry missed a great chance at a minor emotional plot in this story. Unless it will be
Louise
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, mc, romance

Although the Fallen Aces MC chapters are featured through out the book, it didn't have a hugely MC feel to it. I think a lot of this was because Dog, the hero, hadn't grown up in the lifestyle. That said I still enjoyed this book, it is very well written with an interesting plot.

The book was mainly about Mel coming to terms with bereavement and Dog/Koen trying to convince Mel that he was worth taking a chance on. I really liked the 'slow' build up of their relationship, although I didn'
Konny
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a Ride !!!
Misguided by Max Henry is the fifth book in the Fallen Aces MC Series. This book can be read as a standalone, but I recommend to read the books in order. These are:
Unrequited, King and Elenas book
Unbreakable, King and Elenas story s conclusion
Tormented, Sawyer and Abbey
Existential, Hooch and Dagne
and now Misguided, Mel and Dogs story.
Mel was in hiding for more tha one year, after the threat against her life is neutralized, shes able to come back to her family. Only that her family
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Dog

***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

This is a raw, gritty and wonderful addition to the Fallen Aces MC and I have loved each and every book in this phenomenal series and can't wait for more. Koen (Dog) as everyone calls him shows people the person he want to be portrayed as but not the one who he is deep inside. The only person who even got a glimpse of the real him is Mel who was and is his friend who he thought was dead. Mel was put into hiding by her father but some things g
Robyn Corcoran
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again Max Henry has woven her magic with words and created another fabulous story!

Dog aka Koen, is pleasantly surprised to find his friend Mel is still alive. This is their story.

When Max Henry creates her characters she describes them so expertly than you almost feel like you can reach out and touch them, they are that three dimensional. Dog's father I could have cheerfully slapped and his brother too for that matter! Whereas I'd really like to get to know the other characters for real.

Thi
Anne Milne
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The time is now safe for Mel to return home however the Mel that comes back is no longer the same woman. Dog is known as the ladies man, the joker of the MC who doesn't take anything seriously but they've always been drawn to each other.
Dog's past has always been shrouded in mystery his MC brothers know nothing about his life before he joined them. Mel has faced unimaginable sorrow on her return and things will never be the same again,
I liked the push and pull between them the sexual tension lea
Natalie Miernicki
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again I am blown away by Max's ability to capture so much raw emotion in a story. This book had me on the edge of my seat waiting to see where she was going to take the characters next. Dog the charismatic playboy of the MC and Mel the feisty, take no prisoners Presidents sister take what they need from each other to heal the pain they've both suffered. Great tragic losses help to shape them into the people they are... and in each other they find the strength and courage to fight for their love! ...more
Milena
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Misguided is a great book. It covers love, lust, finding yourself and finding you other half. Both Mel and Dog go through this journey and it was powerfully written. I was drawn into their story by both of them, this is not a case of liking the h more than H. You want to see them both come into their own and do it together. The excitement of an MC book is there as well but it doesn't take over the plot. We get to see parts of the story of Hooch and Dagne from another perspective which is one of ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book in this amazing series, and can be read as a standalone. Mel has been in hiding for a year, and when the threat is eliminated, it is safe to be brought home. But home no longer feels the same as she is forced to come to terms with bereavement. Dog, who turned his back on his own family, lives for the family he has now, which is the MC, and he is very happy that Mel is back. These two are great together, and Dog is determined to convince Mel to take a chance on him.
This is a
Kimberly Harrell
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Misguided by Max Henry. This book pulls you in with the first page and keeps you engaged until you get to the very end. I love book about brothers in the MC. Dog doesn’t hesitate to show Mel what he feels but Mel is very hurt because of the things that happened to her family while she was in hiding. It was so endearing to listen to this strong Alpha male talk about his feelings for his mom. Dog and Mel have hot chemistry and I love how he stops and puts his forehead to M ...more
Daniela
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker-romance
Enjoyed this one a lot. It's bad enough that Mel was stuck in the woods for a year by herself but to come home and find out what happened to her family is beyond devastating. I understand her feeling of displacement and purpose. Dog (Koen) was awesome! Just goes to show you that having money doesn't make a scrap of difference, his family is even more disfunctional then the rest of them put together. Looking forward to the next one as there's so much more to happen.
Reva Coomer
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with all the boys of the Fallen Aces MC and the MC world they live in. Hooch will always be on of my favorites...but Dog is right up there with him. I love this MC and how they are with each other. There are so many MC books out there to choose from, but Max and her Fallen Aces are one of a kind. This series is fantastic! Mel blew me away. To go through so much and come out the other side the way she did, amazing. Great read! Brilliant writing and story.
klondikecrusher
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Max Henry delivers yet again another five star read & a great addition to the Fallen Aces MC series. You can't help getting invested in Dog & Mel's journey & cheering them on as they help each other overcome their pasts and find the strength & courage to fight for their love. Can't wait to see what comes next. I highly recommend Misguided as well as the stories of the other members of the Fallen Aces MC family!

I received an ARC for my honest review of this book
Lisa I
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book along with the whole fallen aces series, although not as MC heavy as the others in the series I was pulled into the storyline from the first few pages! Very well written and totally worth the read however I do recommend you read the series before hand as so much happens leading up to Misguided, trust me it will be worth having the big picture going into it, although you can get away with reading it as a standalone. Enjoy!!!
Lisa
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great story in this series! I loved the chemistry between Mel and dog (Koen) as they found each other again and worked out their direction in life together after both faced many challenges. It's always great to recognize the other characters in the story that have been in other stories an also get a glimpse into how things are with them also. Story could also be read as stand alone.
Ursula Schutte
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unrequited, Unbreakable, Tormented, Existential, Misguided.
Max Henry is a truly gifted author, I have still yet to read a book by her that does not grab me from page one. Well done Max on another awesome story.
Tersia Eloff
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Misguided is one of the most beautiful MC Romance books I've read. When I met Mel in Existential (Book 4 of the Fallen Aces) I was curious about her story, never thought that Dog had such a sad story to tell.

Misguided is a beautiful love story, even if MC Romance is not your thing, this is a love story you have to read.

Well done Max Henry!
Sherry Bohrmueller
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great book!! Excellent story. The characters were great, Dog and Mel seemed real and loved how it wasn't instant love it took awhile before they gave in to each other. Definitely recommend this book and the others in the series.
Jenna
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really loved this story a lot. It had some conflict but it was really just all about Dog and Mel. I loved that the storyline was just all about them and they're developing relationship. But Max kept it just as interesting as any other storyline. I can't wait to see where this MC goes next.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Facebook -> http://bit.ly/2F4XrG3
Instagram -> http://bit.ly/2ruERF3
Newsletter -> http://eepurl.com/gchq5z

For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey w

Fallen Aces MC (5 books)
  • Unrequited (Fallen Aces MC, #1)
  • Unbreakable (Fallen Aces MC, #2)
  • Tormented (Fallen Aces MC, #3)
  • Existential (Fallen Aces MC, #4)