Start by marking “The Wendy (Tales of the Wendy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wendy (Tales of the Wendy, #1)

The Wendy

(Tales of the Wendy #1)

When the world doesn't want
you to be who you are,
you must become more yourself
than you knew you could be.

London. 1789. More than anything in the world, Wendy Darling wants to be the captain of a ship, but women aren't allowed in the Royal Navy. When she learns the Home Office is accepting a handful of women into its ranks, she jumps at the chance, joining the fight against
Published January 16th 2018 by Trash Dogs Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Wendy, please sign up.
Erin Sky EDIT: October 8! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... (Cover reveal soon!)

Thanks for asking! As of this moment, book two is in final editing. The…more
EDIT: October 8! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... (Cover reveal soon!)

Thanks for asking! As of this moment, book two is in final editing. The publish date will be roughly four months from now, but it will be up for preorder sooner than that. We'll keep you posted! 💖(less)
Erin Sky Edit on May 10, 2019: Hooray! The audiobook is now up on Audible! (Or check our website for more options: https://dragonauthors.com .)

Steven Brown
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Definitely one of my top two favorites of all the books I have ever written.
Ashley Daviau
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to start this review by stating that I received a advanced reading copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way changes or affects my review.

This book had me completely sucked in right from page one! I’m a huge fan of fairy tale retellings but it’s extremely rare to find one that is truly original amongst the many that there are. The Wendy is one of the rare gems that manages to be completely unique and absolutely fantastic!

I really loved the settin
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
PROBABLY MY FAVOURITE PETER PAN RETELLING 😍❤

If anyone had seen me while I was reading this book, I imagine they must have seen something like this: 😍🤩. Because that's how I felt! I was loving this book from the very first chapter! The writing, the characters, the originality while still maintaining the feel of the original! I mean, what's not to like??

"So there you are, the most basic of introductions complete, the rest to be discovered as time goes on."

THE THINGS I LOVED! ❤

Writing: The firs
Alaina
This was a really fun book and I'm excited to dive into the next one!

The Wendy was a retelling I didn't know I needed. Ugh, peter pan.. it has been a while since I've read anything dealing with characters from that place. I was also completely down for a bad ass version of Wendy. Sword fighting and shit. Count me in bitches.

Now that I have said something about my love for this character.. but Michael kind of annoyed me. Mostly for like 85% of this book though.. so he had something to redeem hims
Erin Sky
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I give the writing experience on this one 5 stars. SUPER fun to write. The characters did an excellent job of communicating with us, which is always a plus. I expected the historical research to be tedious, but boy do those Brits have some organized websites. Top notch museums and historical centers. A+.

The dogs could have gotten along better, and the innisfay made a mess of the yard on more than one occasion, but these were minor issues compared to the overall positive experience of writing thi
☆Stephanie☆
Happy New Year, all! I'm hoping to start the New Year off right with blogging some more. I know I get wrapped up in work or watching Rick and Morty...but my blog means a lot to me. So I'm making it a priority. Let's hear it for 2018!!

So I've been keeping this under wraps but I have been DYING to share it with you!

I read this awesome book, The Wendy, awhile ago. As they didn't plan to release the book until today, I had to keep it to myself and it was hard!!

I finally get to share the cover with y
Margaret Robbins
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviews to follow in both JoLLE and School Library Journal, but...for now I will say that I loved this book! Wendy is a sixteen-year-old sassy, smart, and strong sixteen-year-old young woman in the late 1700s in England in this version of the story. She wants to be a sea captain, but she's told that as a woman, this route is not an option for her. So she does the next best thing...work for a military fleet. In her new position, she meets Peter Pan himself and has to report to the revered Captain ...more
Jody
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was great! I loved the way the authors did this, with Wendy being an orphan and making her way up in a world that expected women to be silent baby makers.
Wendy is a strong character but she is a bit of a Mary Sue, and has far too many potential love interests which is why I only gave it 4 stars.
But I loved the way they portrayed Peter and the boys as everlost, and the Fae aspect they added to it. I thought that was really cool.
I also liked the way they incorporated Captain Hook and the who
Rae
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan!

This is a fantastic, smart, and beautiful take on characters everyone can connect with. The writing is skillfully done to bring you into the setting. The action and danger is stressful, but balanced with lightness and humor. Peter Pan is exactly who you think he is. And the twists the Dragon Authors add to a classic story are crazy and perfect. It's a great bedtime story, for all ages. All the thumbs up.

I've always been a fan of the old children's stories (and adventure novels): The W
Audrey
Jul 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
** This book is free July 25-29 **
Fernanda Granzotto
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Thank you INscribe Digital and Netgalley for providing me of a copy of this book for review,all opinions are my own*

I really enjoyed seeing this new version of a story I already love so much, one of the reasons I love retellings is that we can see a story we already know in ways we never imagined.
I loved it so much how the writing makes it very clear that they are British,I was very good at reading correctly and listening to the accents well.
One thing I didn't like is how often I had
Steff Pasciuti
"But this particular glance was so eloquent as to come dangerously close to conversation, and everyone knows it is impolite to enter into conversation without first performing the proper introductions all around. So let us pause for a moment to do just that."

From the year of 1902 when Peter Pan first appeared in literature to the very year we find ourselves in now, the tale of the boy who would never grow up has been told in more ways than I could personally count. As an avid lover of Peter Pan
Angela Basilio
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, favorites, own
Can I just say this book is by far one of the greatest books I’ve read my entire life? I received an early copy of this book and in no way, does this affect or influence my review. I would love to give a huge thank you to Trash Dogs media LLC for making my wish come true and allowing me to review, “The Wendy”, by Erin Michelle Sky. I am so happy to have read this book before its release date. This also happens to be my very first review and the first book I have read from author Erin Michelle Sk ...more
Cassie C
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Review to come!

Update 1/20/18:

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

I received an advanced copy this novel in exchange for an honest review

I could not get enough of this story!! The Wendy is an absolutely fantastic novel that truly sweeps you off your feet! You immediately are sucked into the story...into a world where the story of Peter Pan is not quite how you remember. Peter Pan retellings have been very hit or miss for me, and I am happy to report that this book is truly a winner.
Errin Krystal
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Wendy is a fantastic retelling of J.M Barrie’s classic story, Peter Pan, and follows Wendy Darling’s pursuit in sailing the high sea’s. The problem, Wendy is a girl, and girls can’t join the navy. No, their place is in the home, raising children and tending to their husbands, right? Well, Wendy is just not willing to sit back and accept her fate.

This is definitely Peter Pan as you have never seen it before. Wendy is a diviner with the British Home Office and Clandestine Services, recruited t
C.L. Ogilvie
In this imaginative re-telling of Peter Pan, Wendy Darling is an orphan who longs for a life of adventure at sea. Ignoring the insults and doubts of the other children, she is determined to master the skills necessary to one day command her own ship. At sixteen, Wendy seizes the opportunity to serve under the handsome but insufferable Captain Hook as one of the handful of women selected to help protect the country from a threat unlike anything they have ever faced; a mysterious band of magical b ...more
Jack Cook
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book explores an age old problem of a woman striving for leadership that crosses the gender barrier. This in the late 18th century where brotherhood was literal, exclusive, with every male determined to belong and protect the barrier –– especially at sea.

Wendy is born into Jane Austen’s London, and uses wonderful creativity to be herself (reflecting the brilliance of the book’s authors). Does Wendy succeed,- really? I look forward to volume 2!
Laura E. Mackey
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I have never read "Peter Pan", but I have seen the animated Disney version. Reading through this book is like seeing an alternate universe where Wendy, John, Michael, and Nana have changed but also remain. Wendy's courage has always been there. Peter talking about his shadow, and explaining "good thoughts make you fly" are the same yet very different. It has been wonderful reading this book I started only a few hours ago. I could not put it down. I wait with much excitement for the next
Stephanie Grace
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best Peter Pan retelling I've read. All of the characters were lovable and remarkable. I can't wait to see what happens next. If only 2019 were closer.
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
I would like to thank Trash Dogs Media for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

“If women ever sail the sea,

They’ll scrub the decks for men like me!

They’ll marry none but Davy Jones,

And for their children, only bones!”

These are words that Wendy Darling had chanted at her all her life as she grew up dreaming of the sea and joining the Navy. When she begins to think that maybe Davy Jones will be preferable to just growing up to the women’s duty of “having babies” she finds Olaudah
Siobhan
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Erin Michelle Sky and Steven Brown have been on my radar for quite some time. In fact, from the moment I stumbled upon The Intuitives, I was curious and in need of more. It sounded like such an interesting read, something I would really enjoy. Instead of reading The Intuitives, though, I did my usual trick. Instead of picking up the book to have left me curious about the authors, I picked up a different book instead. Thus began my foray into The Wendy.

I love a good Peter Pan retelling and was in
Megan
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a re-imagining of how life would be if Peter Pan were to visit Wendy's time as England's enemy and Wendy was an orphan who dreamed of going off on adventures on a ship in a world where women were not taken very seriously.

Wendy is no young child but a woman of eighteen who joins the military in the hopes of having adventures and hopefully getting a chance to get out of the area. Michael and John are grown men in the military who just h
Meg
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I enjoyed this. You can tell the authors are good story tellers.
Favourite quote:

'"Where is my Wendy?"
"She's not your Wendy!" Michael snarled. "She's not your anything!"
"Where is your Wendy then," Pan tried again, addressing Michael this time.
"She's not his either," John snapped, ......
"Fine! Not my Wendy. Not your Wendy. Where is the Wendy? You must tell me at once!"'
Rachel
OMG! Just been talking with Erin (the author) and I'm getting a copy of this book from her!!

I'm super excited!!!

Plus, seriously, this cover is divine !!!! 😍😍😍😍

************************************************************************

*thank you to Erin Michelle Sky for sending me a copy of her book in exchange for an honest review*

4 stars.

Omg this was so enjoyable!! It was so much fun to read and I just zoomed through it. I really liked Wendy. She is a girl to look up to, such a great role model.
Ducky
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-in-2018
Wow! If I could give this book 6 stars I would. This is a delightful re-imagining of the classic story with The Wendy as the main character. The Dragon Authors have created a story that is an intricately woven work of art. Historical England of the of the late 1700's is the warp which forms the backdrop for a tale of courage, passion, determination, ambition, and grit at a time in history when women were not expected to possess any of these characteristics.

As the story wove its way through my i
April
Ahhh, sooo good! I cannot wait for the next installment in the series (2019)! This is a wonderful spin on the Peter Pan story; yes, there are similarities (characters names/roles) but it is its own unique story. “The Wendy” is wonderful... brave, quirky and uniquely her own; a character you can root for and easily love.
The mystery, the characters and the adventure are so well done and leave me eager for more! Don’t miss out on this tale!
T.A.
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I stumbled upon this book by pure coincidence a few weeks ago, I was immediately struck by the cover art. To be perfectly honest, that was probably 75% of the reason why I decided to give the story a try. I know, I know - don't judge a book by its cover and all that. But I can't help myself. I'm an artist. I love pretty pictures, and I especially love pretty book covers. I mean, that's the entire point of a cover anyway, isn't it? To draw people in? And fortunately, this book is far more th ...more
Mary LaPointe
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I loved the unique take on this old tale. I started the book right after loading it to my Iphone and just kept reading every spare moment I had. As I swiped left to continue the adventure and saw the words, the "second book is expected in 2019". I gasped. It was as if Captain Hook, himself had put his sword to my heart. It reminded me of when I was reading the Harry Potter books as they were being written. I will be waiting on pins and needles for the next installment
Julie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Usually, when I write a book review, it's because I received a free copy through Netgalley in exchange for a review. I want to start this one by saying that I am writing this review simply because I want to, because this book deserves a review.

I've had a rather sluggish reading year so far. I am rereading old favourites instead of delving into new books, because the new ones didn't satisfy me. However, I read The Wendy within a few days (and that was only because I already had plans out of the
Bee Loves To Read
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I'd like to say a huge thank you to Erin Michelle Sky and Steven Brown for granting me an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I first read the summary for The Wendy I was hooked, the plot was engaging, original and I found myself wanting to know more about how these two authors had used the characters of Peter Pan to come up with their own story. I was not disappointed.

Girls can't be in the navy! Girls take care of babies! Let's be real, everybody has their own Mortimer Black.

Wome
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book page not displaying both authors 4 22 Jul 24, 2018 11:35AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine Kindle and ebook versions - same ISBN 3 17 Jan 06, 2018 02:19PM
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Author 3 20 Dec 23, 2017 02:09AM

• Ocean Realm (Crystal Doors, #2)
  • Wish (triology Faerieground, #1)
  • Blart: The Boy Who Didn't Want to Save the World
  • The Doomsday Machine: A Further Astonishing Adventure of Horatio Lyle (Horatio Lyle, #3)
  • The Nightshade's Touch (The Messenger Chronicles #3)
  • The Eye of Ra (Repeating History #1)
  • Menagerie
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Wonder Woman: The Official Movie Novelization
  • Scion of the Fox (The Realms of Ancient, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 5
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts: The Mad Hatter's Late Night Tea Party, Vol. 02
  • Disney Princess Comic Strips Collection Vol. 1
  • Have Courage, Be Kind: The Tale of Cinderella
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • The Rise of Azlyn (Planet Urth, #4)
  • Uncanny Valley
  • The Marquise and Her Cat: A Puss in Boots Retelling (Fairy Tale Kingdoms, #1)
Erin Michelle Sky & Steven Brown, Dragon Authors

As a child, Erin fell in love with llamas and with the books of Anne McCaffrey, whose Dragonriders of Pern series inspired her to become a writer. When she finally met Anne McCaffrey at a fantasy convention some two decades later, she wept uncontrollably throughout the entire affair. She does significantly better with llamas.

Steven Brown spent hi

Tales of the Wendy (2 books)
  • The Navigator (Tales of the Wendy, #2)
“Wendy knew, however, that sometimes the best way to win an argument was not to engage in it.” 2 likes
“Books allow everyone a traveler’s education,” 2 likes