Start by marking “The Floodgates (Iron Breakers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Floodgates (Iron Breakers, #3)

The Floodgates

(Iron Breakers Trilogy #3)

Anik is gone and an army of white and gold approaches. Cornered inside Fort Llyne, Ren is forced to salvage what he can and follow Princess Evalyne's lead in an attempt to save his people and flee the fort.
Left with no other option, Ren travels with Evalyne's army to the one place he thought he'd never go – across the border into Skarlan. Ren does everything he can to pre
Published June 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Floodgates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Floodgates

Start your review of The Floodgates (Iron Breakers, #3)
Emma
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

It was a fitting ending to this series. I was involved because I've grown attached to the characters and so I wanted to see them succeed in their mission. There were a little bit too many battles for my liking, but that's just my personal opinion.
Some things were also a bit too convenient, like for example (view spoiler)
We finally found what
emma
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, na-lit, lgbtq-lit
A fitting end to the series. My only problem was that I wish it had been longer
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
This book wasn’t perfect but I have to say I adored it. The ending was a little unbelievable but without a doubt fun as hell. The world building still lacked but my love for the characters overcame even my interest in the plot. When I started this trilogy I never expected to enjoy it as much as I did. Now I’m thankful to have read it.

Full review to come :)
jessica ☾
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While I loved all the books from this trilogy, this final installment was by far my favorite! I can’t believe it’s over, Zaya Feli please please please give us an epilogue novella or something- don’t leave us hanging!
D Fox
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,5 Stars.

I am very fond of the series and I'm honestly surprised it is not more popular.
It's well written and planned. I really like imperfect characters and strong female ones.
The ending was a bit rushed, and as other readers have mentioned as well- it leaves a sense of incompleteness, but I am hoping Zaya will surprise us with an epilogue :)

P.S. Amazing cover as usual from this author
Francesca
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
So yesterday I left Akata Witch, the book I am currently reading at home and this all trilogy - courtesy of Line who pointed out it was free on amazon - was on my kindle.
I started reading on the commute to work and I was hooked. I am in fact half way through book three type of hooked.
I have decided to come back and rate the trilogy when I finish book 3, in the meantime though: this is a highly entertaining series, an easy (as in a well written, easily flowing) read with interesting characters a
Alice Worthley
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Floodgates is the final book in the Iron Breakers Trilogy and it combines everything that makes the first two great and then dials it up yet another notch. There is action, romance, mystery and on the edge of your seat moments that made it hard for me to put down the book.

The hints and foreshadowing in the first two novels were cleverly resolved in this book in the most satisfying of ways. Mysteries that have left me wondering in the first two books were wonderfully answered, leading to a f
Jessica
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ★

This series is by no means perfect, but I really did love every moment of this last volume. Ren and Anik, and Jayce and Ilya are my precious babies and I won’t be forgetting them or their story any time soon. The only downside is that I wish there was more!

If you like MxM fantasy with a slow-burn romance and a lot of good action and interesting plot twists, please, please give this trilogy a try!
iam
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book a lot, but it really lacks an epilogue, or any sort of closure.
L.M.
I thoroughly enjoyed this last addition to the Iron Breakers series. This author is multi-talented given her art skills and I have loved looking at her drawings that accompany the story on her Tumblr.
ᴿᵃˡᵘ
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best book series I've ever read. It will always be in my heart. ...more
maddie
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
an epilogue would have been nice but it was an entertaining and short read and i’ll probably reread this series sometime in the future :)
Littlebookterror
I got to admit, I am a little disappointed in the ending. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it left me dissatisfied. ...more
Anja V
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 star

rtc
Carrie-Anne
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, series, indie, fantasy
This concludes the Iron Breakers trilogy and it did it in a pretty decent way

Lots of battles and cunning plans, lots more smushy Anik with actual feelings, rather than bottling them up like he has been

Sad ending to some characters, happy ones for others

All in all a very enjoyable series.

I do still think the covers are stunning!
Riina Y.T.
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it - super sad it's over 😔

Also kinda unhappy with the abrupt ending... where's the epilogue when u really need it!!???? 😔

Hana Milanez
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
I tried reading this book until the end, but I couldn't. I tried and tried and I am ready to face my failure.
I had read the first two books of the series in their entirety and they were fun simple reads; nothing mind-blowing or spectacular, just average YA books. However, they do have some noticeable decisions made by the author that I do not personally agree with as they break the feel of the story or make it seem unbelievable to the reader (a story like this albeit being fictional should striv
Cami Franceschi
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I enjoy a lot these books even though they are not perfect or anything.
I was waiting in this book for the built world to develop a little more, and the end left me wanting more, as if it lacked a chapter or two to close things. I do not know, maybe it's because I liked the characters a lot and I wanted to know more about them. I think it could have developed much more everything, but the author keep it simple and short, which I agree sometimes, but as I said before, I liked a lot the
Pandora
All in all, really good.
In my opinion, there just isn't enough iron breaking for a series titled Iron Breakers, you know? In the end, it is the quest of a prince to regain his throne. Sure, in the process he comes to realize slavery is a bad thing and he states once his intention of eventually abolishing it. But this is very much in the background of the main story.
Also, I didn't like the way the Thais thing was handled.
You can tell that the first book was reedited and the other two weren't, the
Oliwia
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt-shelf
Zaya Feli said, "gays created democracy" and it's a fact, thank you very much.
I've grown so attached to the characters, it pains me this is the end. I wish there would be a sequel of some sorts, I would love to see a specific event mentioned in the epilogue play out (I think everyone knows what event I'm talking about.........).
Anygays, I love growth, character development is the best trope and I adore the journey Ren went on and how many inner struggles he overcame, never once acting selfishly
Avid Reader
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
3plus stars for the trilogy, down from 4 for a few reasons. On the whole, well written swords and sandals (no sorcery) saga with plenty of character growth by Ren, the bastard prince who is the main character. The action is well paced and a good supporting cast add to the general atmosphere. The is a believable slow burn mm romance underpinning the relationship between the 2 MC’s who should be enemies. My quibbles are:
- there are two many present day colloquialisms. Whilst I don’t want a mediev
Kathleen
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I finally picked up the final installment in the series! Everything came to an interesting end, however, I think that it was a little easy. The stakes were high but I feel that the ending came a little abruptly and we could have done with an epilogue or something that took place in the aftermath of the war.

Again, there are quite a few typos that could have been fixed but that didn't take away from the story. What did though was the repetition, not only do characters often repeat the sa
Lindsay M.
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
4.5 stars!

I truly LOVED this fantasy series, and I wish more people would give it a try. Is it perfect? Nope. But the characters are amazing and the slow burn is a true one. Zaya Feli's writing improves greatly with each book, and I'm so excited to follow this author and devour all of her other work. I can add this to my favorites shelf and know that I'll revisit this series many times in the future.

Also, PLEASE don't be put off by the ratings of the first book in the series. It's a starting poi
Lie
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
What dramatic chapter ends like tvs with "tune in next week" I WILL READ THE ENTIRE BOOK DURING THIS LUNCH BREAK YOU CAN'T STOP ME WITH CHAPTERS.
I hope the epilogue gets updated in existing kindle versions yooo, I assume it'll be something smutty or ridiculously sweet and nice and cute and I WANT. If it's some plot closure then meh, I thought plans for future were p much implied during the book. Unless it's Ren waiting Anik's return from the LowlANDS LIKE A PUPPY
I loved the relationship between
Rosie
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, fantasy, military
I could've sword I'd already reviewed this wtf. BUT ANYWAY from memory:

There were a few good storylines and twists from the book before, but they just fizzled out in this. The awesome twists ended up not being utilized to their full potential, so the plot lost its pacing and stagnated quite a bit. There wasn't too much driving it and I ended up skimming the second half.

This is such a let down, since it started so well and there's so little good quality m/m fantasies out there! But it was so unre
B. Jean
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this one much better than the other two, but again, I think it would have benefited had there been more to the other two books. The events in this book would have been more dramatic, more grand, if there had been more for me to invest in before.

This book would have also benefited from an epilogue. There's still so much that has been left undone. What about the lowlanders? How will peace be settled? What about the kingship?

And, pet peeve... I don't think I've ever seen the word "canted"
Celeste
Lovely

I will admit this genre isn't something I usually read, when it comes to fantasy/medieval fiction it's usually a hit or miss for me, but this was definitely a hit. Never a dull moment. I loved the characters, they felt so real. The character development with Ren was fantastic, watching him grow to a better person was such a nice read and the relationship between Ren and Anik was so beautiful, I honestly can say I can't wait to read Zaya Feli next stories, she was a fantastic writer and sto
Autumn
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
So this is crazy but where was the sex. I thought this was a romance, and honestly besides the language, this could have been YA. Not saying this was bad but I had preconceptions about this book and didn’t really get anything that I was expecting to happen.
I did enjoy it, the ending was weird, almost like something I would end up with on Wattpad. But still. I loved the characters to a fault. I loved Illias and Jayce and totally want that to happen but I felt like i missed out on a lot of closur
Mixeura
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
A fitting conclusion for a nice trilogy. It kept me guessing until the end!
The last chapter left me wanting more, though. I would have loved to see an epilogue.
This story had lots of good points, but also some weaknesses in its plot.
A few of the character deaths felt like they were only there for shock value and manpain, they didn't resonate at all.
It was also nice to have a strong woman warrior, but she ended being kind of a wallflower, disappointingly.

All in all, it makes me curious and eag
Khadeeja ☆
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I reallyyy like this series, it was such a good story, nothing really original or unique yet I loved it. I loved the character growth in almost all characters and also the slowburn romance was written really well. The only problem I had was that their were too many obstacles and events happening and too less words, I usually love a fast paced short novel but I really wished this was longer also because of Ren and Anik. Their relationship was so cute and I really wanted to read more of it. This w ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Reign of Darkness (The Prince's Assassin #2)
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
  • A Light Amongst Shadows (Dark is the Night, #1)
  • Servants of the Crossed Arrows (Rifter #2)
  • Black Blades (Rifter #3)
  • Witches' Blood (Rifter #4)
  • Curse of the Dark Prince (Prince's Assassin, #3)
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 1 (Lord of the White Hell, #1)
  • The Black Prince (Silk and Steel #4)
  • The Prince's Dragon (Fire and Valor #2)
  • Iron & Fire (Silk and Steel #2)
  • Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel #1)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • The Assassin's Dragon (Fire and Valor #3)
  • Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, Book One (Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, #1)
  • Blood & Ice (Silk and Steel #3)
  • Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, Book Two (Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, #2)
  • The Shattered Gates (Rifter #1)

Iron Breakers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Stag's Run (Iron Breakers, #1)
  • Endurance (Iron Breakers, #2)

News & Interviews