Start by marking “Safe From Harm (Sam Wylde #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe From Harm (Sam Wylde #1)

Safe From Harm

(Sam Wylde #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B01F2MYJRK.

YOU CAN RUN

Sam Wylde is a Close Protection Officer to the rich and powerful. In a world dominated by men, being a woman has been an advantage. And she is the best in the business at what she does.

YOU CAN HIDE

She takes a job protecting the daughter of the Sharifs – Pakistani textile tycoons – but she realises/>YOU/>YOU
Published June 2017 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published December 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Safe From Harm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe From Harm

Start your review of Safe From Harm (Sam Wylde #1)
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
4 1/2 starts

My View:
This is an action packed, adrenaline fuelled thriller! It took me a little time to absorb the acronyms and the back story – the story of PPO’s (Personal Protection Officers) I know this needed to be done but I felt this bogged down the narrative…for a short while, then when we were all up to speed - I could not put this book down!

A great opening hook – a job description – sounding more glamorous than dangerous – but don’t be fooled – this is a narrative whe
Angela
Well.....I read it to the end, so that says something, I suppose.

Safe From Harm by R.J. Bailey is full of action and suspense, but there were times when I thought "Oh, what now?" There seemed to be so many interweaving storylines - some unresolved by the end of the novel. However, that does leave it open for a sequel, which is promised for 2018.

Some Goodreads reviewers have likened the female protagonist to Lee Child's creation, Jack Reacher. Certainly, if you enjoy lots of action and a
Bookread2day
What I liked about this story is that it is a woman named Sam Wylde the main character and not a man in a suit doing this job. Sam's job as a female Close Protection Officer to protect her clients from kidnap, extortion, and assassination. On a long- hall flight a disturbance takes place. It is great news for RJ Bailey as an early film interest. RJ Bailey has created a serial hero to rival Jack Reacher. Safe from Harm is based on real-life experiences researched by the author and is terrifyingly ...more
Paul
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thrillers
Safe from Harm – A Spectacular Debut Thriller

Safe from Harm is the spectacular debut thriller from secretive writing duo (I think) RJ Bailey who have created a female hero in the mode of Jack Reacher that Tom Cruise cannot ruin. This is a well written, well thought out thriller that grabs you from the beginning and keeps hold of you all the way through and have already laid the hook for the next in the series.

Sam Wylde is a Close Protection Officer, an enhanced personal body guard to us peasan
Bella Ryan
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, really good character development and tense throughout. A clear amount of research gone into it too. Highly recommend for anyone who loves a good thriller.
Emily Ross
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

I actually really liked this book. It reminded me very strongly of Jack Reacher, except Sam Wylde is tied down to a house with a family. I didn't quite follow all of the different aspects - Bojan and his crony, the Asparovs, the Sharifs, Tom and MI5 - and how they interlinked, especially alongside the Matt / Jess home storyline. However, the book was fast paced and enjoyable. I really liked the character development of Sat Wylde, though I thoug
Caryl Williams
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I loved this book. This will most definitely be on my Outstanding Books of The Year list.
A fast paced, thrill a minute, edge-of-the-seat glimpse into the world of a female Close Protection Officer.
I had to read this in short bursts because reading it sent me into fright or flight mode with adrenaline levels so high, I thought a heart attack might be imminent!

Not for the faint hearted or those with an aversion to reading about women in dangerous situations who know
Jeannette
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book blurb...

London: a city where the super-rich flock – and where their enemies follow. And in this city of eight million people, where any stranger could be a threat, a close protection operative is the must-have accessory for anyone who is anyone.
But not just any close protection officer. A female close protection officer. One who can blend into the crowd, but who is tough enough to counter any threat.
Safe From Harm is the explosive opening to an exciting new series by
Pam
Oct 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a PPO (yes an annoying 3 letter acronym - many more of which appear in this book). Anyway, the Personal Protection Officer protects clients from danger but it appears her past is likely to cause more danger to herself and those around her.
The book started badly with way too many unfamiliar terms that were then explained in excruciating detail but I persisted.
Now, here's the spoiler, just as it gets interesting the book stops. Just ends. No conclusion just ends. I h
Gillian
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. The narrator is a professional PPO (more than a bodyguard) whose husband, Paul, has recently been killed. She needs to get back to work now and gets two interviews through her agent. One is to protect the wife of a Oakistani businessman and her daughter. The other is for a Russian 'oligarch' whose interview techniques are unusual to say the least.

Tom, an ex-colleague of Paul's, comes into the story and leaves again on his barge. Why does he feel the need to move on so qui
Sandra Hipkin
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book grips you right from the first chapter, I love the way the book moved around from when the lead character was in the army to her current role as a PPO and by the end of the book you really felt that you knew her and her friends.

Having been involved in a Q&A session with the author this week, I can really feel the passion and expertise that went into this book.

Cant wait for the sequel
Anna
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! This was a rollercoaster, fast-paced and punchy, a bit graphic and rather fighty but not too much, and a great lead-in to the next book which I need to find right now! Highly recommended if you’re a Lisa Gardner fan or love action-packed stories 😁
Simon Skelton
Entertaining thriller mystery, appealing super capable heroine with interesting friends.
Some loose threads at the end of the book but it leads to a sequel which I for one am very much looking forwards to.

I'll look for more from this author.
Mrs L Lightfoot
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely fast paced from beginning to end.

This book from beginning to end was so fast paced and kept you intrigued and will be definitely buying the next, even my 82 year old mother can't put it down.
Gwen Samson
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride

Absolutely fantastic book. Fast running plot and a heroine you would want at your back. It is indeed an unputable book. I will keep because I am sure I will read it again.
Karen Ross
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent enough thriller. Sufficiently entertaining to make me want to read the next one.
daisy riddle
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really, very good!

I had my doubts as I started this book, but my goodness, it turned into a real page turner! Lots of action, thoroughly recommended!
Peter Cotter
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. A female close protection officer, who is a victim, and a hero at the same time.

My only complaint is the finish...read it and see if you have the same reaction.
margaret pearce
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!

Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Fast paced with twists and turns in evey chapter. Will definitely look for more by this author
Simona
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner - looking forward to book 2
Bob Burch
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: detective-murder
Couldn't put it down.
It's nice to read a book with story line UK based so that the hero is not some neanderthal jock who goes about shooting all the bad guys.
Philip Carman
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant. Completely unexpected twists throughout.
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Explosive Story

This was soooo damn good. From the first page you know it's going to grip you, and it did not disappoint. The main character is just fantastic with her life experiences. I strongly advice people get this book ...Today!! I loved the ending because I'm now eagerly awaiting the second book to follow this independent woman on a mission.
V.E. Lynne
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like many ex soldiers, Sam Wylde has become a private protection officer, spending her days guarding politicians, the mega rich and celebrities, all for a nice pay day coupled with a dose of boredom and stress. But when Sam's husband is killed, her world falls apart and she can't take care of herself, let alone anyone else. Lured back into the PPO game, after many months of personal anguish, Sam finds herself pitched against the following: extremely violent Russians, a Pakistani family who are n ...more
Tim Gray
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this in a Goodreads giveaway. It's engaging, has lots of nicely realized detail, and great characters. The plot jumps occasionally, but is generally sound, I note it's the start of a series. It's got originality, style, and its a page turner, well worth a go.
Michelle
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on a goodread giveaway. Great plot and main character I have never read this author
before and highly recommend The only downfall is the ending was not tied up so you will
have to wait till the next book.
Rosie Hughes
This is very much 3.5 stars from me and almost 4. I loved the protagonist, the London setting, the pace and the characters. The violence was essential to the plot, but would not be to everyone's taste (or stomach!) despite being entirely believable. I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Breakaway Reviewers
A Brilliant Action Packed Thriller

This book had me totally absorbed from page 1. Sam Wylde has seen it all in the army. Death, destruction, being shot at, nearly fatally wounded in Iraq but survived it all. She is rude, crude, raw and not to be messed with. She makes Xena Warrior Princess look like Tinkerbell!

She is now a professional Personal Protection Officer (Bodyguard to those of us who are over 60!) and she's got the job of looking after two wealthy oligarchs and their wives a
TheCosyDragon

Sam Wylde is a Protective Officer for the rich and famous. With army combat experience behind her and a few bonus skills, Sam must try to protect those she is working for, while also protecting her own family.

This novel was a disappointment. It could have been written as a psychological thriller and been much more effectiv
Stefennie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this for a book club not my usual read but really enjoyed it and will be reading book 2 when it comes out

• Mercy Killing
  • Dangerous Behavior
  • Multiple Motives (Kate Huntington Mysteries, #1)
  • Trophies (Emma Kane / Jacob Thorne Book 2)
  • The Brief (Charles Holborne #1)
  • Enemy Within
  • The Box of Bones (Skye Cree, #3)
  • True-Life Adventure (Paul MacDonald, #1)
  • Suspended Retribution (DI Rosalind Kray #3)
  • Where There's A Will (Inspector Stone Mysteries, #1)
  • Cruising for Death (Kate Jones Thriller #1)
  • JAMES 516 (London Carter, #1)
  • Trigger Break (Warriors #10)
  • Solomon Bull: When the Friction has its Machine
  • The Closing (Whippoorwill Hollow, #1)
  • All The Difference
  • Murder in the Woods (Inspector Skelgill Investigates, #8)
  • The Debt Collector (The Debt Collector, #1)

Sam Wylde (3 books)
  • Nobody Gets Hurt (Sam Wylde, #2)
  • Winner Kills All (Sam Wylde, #3)
“the most insignificant event can have momentous consequences down the line.” 0 likes
“It had some relevance to the way the dominoes had fallen in my life. At least, I have come to think of them as toppling dominoes, when in fact it was a pile-up of unrelated events that only in hindsight appeared to display some sort of logic.” 0 likes