Start by marking “The Valentine's Day Resolution” as Want to Read:
The Valentine's Day Resolution

The Valentine's Day Resolution

Huxley carries invisible scars from a near-fatal car accident. He sleepwalks through a job at his father’s company, marking time until he can quit and pursue his own dreams.

Everything changes the moment he makes eye contact with a stranger while riding to work. It’s as if he’s been shaken out of his stupor, and Huxley vows to find the man.

Thanks to a thieving ex-lover,
Published August 2nd 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Valentine's Day Resolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Valentine's Day Resolution

Start your review of The Valentine's Day Resolution
Ami
I thought this was sweet.

I LOVED Huxley’s determination to tackle his amaxophobia – fear of riding in a vehicle – after a near fatal car accident that happened to him almost a year ago. It must be pretty hard for him but Huxley didn’t give up. Duly noted he started to want to live again after he got a glimpse of Paul when Huxley was off to work, but still, it made Huxley wanted to get back in the saddle again, which was GOOD.

I also liked how Huxley slowly but surely dealt with his day-to-day job
Serena Yates
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, holiday, read-2018
Two men in trouble, both wounded emotionally, might not be ideal partners, but as it turns out, Huxley and Paul have got just what it takes to help each other deal with their individual pasts and their common present. Their story is one of waking up from a routine that left them vulnerable, freeing themselves from the shackles of their self-imposed restrictions, and a certain degree of coming of age as they learn to deal with the demands of their daily lives in a more constructive way. It’s a ...more
Pixie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't know why but something was missing for me. A lot took place but something about the tone of the book kept things that should've been serious too light.
Lucy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

Huxley is a rich kid who’s life is controlled by his father. He’s working at one of his father’s companies, riding out the time until his father will release his trust fund and he can go do something else. He doesn’t do anything at the job, doesn’t care and puts up with crap from Bob, a manager. Doesn’t matter to him, he exists in a state of gray and just wants do something else. He sees a therapist because since a bad car accident with his mother he is unable
Amber
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review available at: https://optimummblog.wordpress.com/20...

I loved The Valentine’s Day Resolution by Ava Hayden. It sucked me in and wouldn’t let me go. The book is wonderfully written and nicely edited. I loved both Huxley and Paul although I wanted to shake Huxley and Paul a couple of times and may have yelled at my Kindle a time or two. But they both made me smile and also laugh and just made me feel. This is the first book that I have read by this author, but it won’t be the last.
Les Joseph
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh this was a just a really lovely, charming book! I was in the mood for something short and sweet and I got that with The Valentine's Day Resolution by Ava Hayden. Yeah, I know it's July not February, but really, it's always a good time for love. Sorry, couldn't resist, but really, this book was just all kinds of good. Two characters who I was really rooting for, secondary characters that were funny and added a lot to the story, and a romance that's worthy of Valentine's Day.

Huxley Herrington
D.
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reviewed, mm
Originally posted at Just Love Reviews: https://justlovereviews.com/2017/08/0...

Never underestimate a book that looks more fluffy than angsty. Angst does not necessarily mean a book is written well, and something that looks super sweet does not mean it is a brainless, poorly written mess. The simpler the book, the better the writing needs to be for it to stand out.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way… I really really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a bit odd that there was a Valentine’s
Melanie
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit http://wp.me/p220KL-bdq

From that review: 'The Valentine’s Day Resolution by Ava Hayden was such a delight to read. Not only did I fall in love with the characters but the way in which the author brought Huxley slowly back to life, small step by step in every part of his life made this story a real joy to read. You can understand Huxley, a man bound by his past and his fears. Several changes slowly
RE Reader
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story, even though it frustrated me that Paul had his moment of refusing to communicate (and just assumed, instead). Still, both Huxley and Paul are sympathetic characters, and I (as always) enjoyed the dual-POV between the two of them. Huxley was the one I liked the most, so I was definitely more in tune with his struggles and felt more deeply for him. But I thought Paul held his own.

The secondary characters in this are also quite good, especially Carson (Paul's best friend) and
Ashley
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Huxley has some emotional scars that are causing him to just sleepwalk through life, until he spots Paul opening his floral store. Paul made one mistake and it could cost him his family business. Paul has decided he can’t trust his instincts any more, but when he meets Huxley he starts falling fast, but he feels like Huxley is hiding something.

Both of these guys had some major baggage that they were bringing into the relationship, but neither were willing to talk about them, so one
CB
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet love story - exactly as described in the blurb so I got just what I wanted!
Rissa
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read, dsp
New author for me!
Enjoyed reading Huxley overcome his fears!

Will definitely be on the lookout for this author's other books! :)
Pavlinafi
Mar 22, 2019
Angelique
Aug 26, 2017
Blaine
Interesting and flawed characters who sucked me into the story and made me root for them. Very enjoyable read.
Leah
Aug 04, 2017
Dragonhyde
Oct 23, 2019
P.
rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2018
Feb 19, 2019
Christa
Jun 16, 2018

• The Last Text
  • Rebuild My Heart (Lexington Lovers, #4)
  • Joy
  • Unexpected Christmas
  • Whiskey Business
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • The Secret of the Unicorn (Tintin, #11)
  • Tintin in Tibet (Tintin, #20)
  • Confession Is Murder (A Lucille Mystery #1)
  • Once in a Snowstorm (Nortown, #1)
  • Buck Godot: Zap Gun for Hire (Buck Godot, #1)
  • Surrender the Dark (Boston After Dark, #1)
  • Cited to Death (Jamie Brodie Mystery, #1)
  • Riven (Riven, #1)
  • Corruption (Bureau, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • Pins and Needles
Ava Hayden lives and in Canada but grew up in the southern United States.

When not writing, she loves reading yaoi manga and LGBTQ+ romance, taking afternoon tea, baking, seeing plays, hearing live music, and hiking (even though she once came face-to-face with two grizzlies on a trail). Most of the time her life isn’t that exciting (and doesn’t require her to carry bear spray), and she’s okay with