Start by marking “Need You Now (Cloud Bay #1)” as Want to Read:
Need You Now (Cloud Bay #1)

Need You Now

(Cloud Bay #1)

Welcome to the small island town of Cloud Bay, where it’s never the wrong time to find a love that’s oh-so-right in Need You Now by Emma Douglas. . .

Caleb White knows what he wants out of life—and being a star tennis player is not it. After speaking to the press about his plans to retire, Caleb decides that a trip to quaint, beautiful Cloud Bay for its legendary music fe

Published August 29th 2017 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Nicola
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

It's no secret that I love my small island town sexy romances, something St. Martin's Press get right time after time, and when you add a sports star and a holiday romance into the mix, you're already on the right footing with me.

"I have it on very good authority that I’m your favorite tennis player."

Following surprising the world with his retirement, tennis superstar Caleb White decamps to Cloud Bay for some time out to decide what's next and his what next comes in the form of Fait
Claire Robinson
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
3 - "If you're looking for love... I'm not your girl." Stars.

Emma Douglas begins the new Cloud Bay series, telling the stories and loves of the Harper siblings with middle daughter Faith’s story coming first.

"Sometimes you need a little crazy."

Living on a small island, and being known by everyone who lives there means that Faith has kept her romantic dalliances off the island and of the commitment-free variety up to now. Her father, the now deceased, but once a world famous rocker was well known
Kathryn
The synopsis for this was intriguing taking place on an island off the California coast and taking place during a music festival, but unfortunately I was left wanting something more. The chemistry, or more actually the sex between the two main characters, Faith Harper, the daughter of a deceased rock idol and Caleb White, a recently retired top tennis player. I usually enjoy small town romance series, but this one for me was lacking something. I think the day after they met they were already in ...more
Kathleen
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
NEED YOU NOW by Emma Douglas is the first book in the Cloud Bay series. The gorgeous cover with a beach and ocean attracted me to this contemporary romance book.
Cloud Bay, a little town on a small island, is heavily populated one week of the year when throngs of people come for the annual legendary music festival put on by Harper Inc. Faith, daughter of deceased rock star Grey Harper, works hard to ensure that everything goes smoothly and seamlessly at CloudFest.
Caleb White, star tenn
Irene

Need You Now by Emma Douglas was an enjoyable afternoons read.
The storyline was entertaining, the characters were likable and I liked them together.
Faith and Caleb weren't looking for a nothing more than a good time but the more time they spent together the more their feelings grew and soon they were falling in love.

description

Overall, I enjoyed Need You Now, it's a lovely start to the Cloud Bay series and I'm looking forward to the next book, A Season of You coming October 3rd.

*Buy Links*
Amazon -
CMDH
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Need You Now by Emma Douglas is their first in a new series, Cloud Bay. I was instantly drawn to the premise of this book about a sleepy island that hosts a music festival each year. Faith Harper, the daughter of a famous rock star, is the festival coordinator. She meets Caleb White, newly retired tennis pro, and it's spontaneous combustion at first sight. As these two spend more time together it's clear what has begun as a fling is developing into much more. What isn't clear is if Caleb can be ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I have to admit that I was not as thrilled with this book as other reviewers. Maybe I had a bad day or just wasn't interested at the time. I did not find any of the characters very interesting. The story got better as it moved forward, but still left me wanting something more from the author. I'm just not sure what it is.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
3.5 Stars

I'm not a fan of rock star romances or anything closely related to them, but this book had one thing that made me want to read it: the charming small town setting. I can never pass up books set in small towns up and this one was right up my alley.

Faith Harper is no stranger to fame and the pitfalls that come with it, having had a front row seat to the turbulent lifestyle that was her father's and the hurt, disappointment and disillusion she and the rest of his family felt from his beha
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: Need You Now by Emma Douglas 'Need You Now' by Emma Douglas is The First Book in The "Cloud Bay" series. This is the story of Caleb White and Faith Harper. Caleb is retiring from Tennis and wondering what the next chapter will be for him. During this time Caleb thinks to take a trip to Cloud Bay to see the famous music festival. There he finds Faith. Faith knows allot about famous people because her Dad was a famous Rock Star. So when they meet their is a instant attraction. But ...more
Book Lover
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Faith Harper is the daughter of a deceased legendary Rock Star. She and her two half siblings were raised by her mom while their dad flitted in and out of their lives. Faith has taken over Harper Inc. and running the music festival, established by her dad, every year since her dad died. She loves the island she lives on and has no desire to live anywhere else. Caleb catches her eye when he and his friend come for the music festival.

Caleb White is a recently retired, #1 ranked professional tenni
Debi Lantzer
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I LOVE Blog Book Tours because 9 times out of 10, I get to read a book from an author that I may not have otherwise heard about.  Today's post is about one of those books that I would have missed.  Now that I've read this book, I'll definitely be checking this author in the future!

Need You Now by Emma Douglas is the first book in a series called Cloud Bay.  This is the story of Caleb White and Faith Harper, and it takes place in the fictional town of Lansing Island, California.  Lansing Island i
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Need You Now takes place in the fictional town of Lansing Island, California and as such has a very small town feel complete with all the charm, quirkiness, and everyone knowing your business that comes with life in a small town only this small town hosts a huge rock music festival every year that was started by the front man of Blacklight and now carried on by his daughter following his death. Need You Now is everything I look for in romance and a fantastic start to a new series!

Faith
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
This is the first in the series and by a new pen name for Melanie Scott.

Faith Harper is the oldest child of a deceased rock god Grey Harper and she has been carrying on with the annual music festival Cloudfest every year since he died.

Caleb White is a tennis legend in America and has just retired after playing at Wimbledon and is only going to Cloudfest thanks to his friend Liam and is coming off the dock that he first encounters Faith from a distance.

Things happen very fast with these two, espe
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Here we find ourselves ensconced in yet another small-island-town. A small-island-town that has charm, beauty, and peace. Caleb is famous. Faith is a child of someone famous. Together they know maybe just a bit too much of what fame can do to a soul. The both find their way to the small-town of Cloud Bay for different but the same reason. They both want to have some peace, a little fun, just some carefree distraction.

I had fun and this was a carefree distraction for my afternoon. I enjoyed Cloud
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

When I read the blurb about this book I really couldn't wait to read it. I loved the idea of it being a small-town on a island. What fun, right?

The story started off really well I was there with the characters and enjoying where it was going, and then somewhere it took a turn for me and it just lost my interest. I'm not sure how that happened!

It wasn't like I didn't like the characters because I did. Yes, they are
Dixie
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a fan of the whole "lots of hot sex will lead us to love but I'm afraid you will leave me" trope, so without a problem to overcome or a mystery to solve, and with no real conflict besides her angst, this was a disappointment for me.
I voluntarily read an advanced review copy provided by the publisher via Netgalley and I offer my opinion in response.
Heather
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is the first book I have read by Emma Douglas, and I have to say I am curious about where she will take the Cloud Bay series. The first in this series centers around Caleb and Faith. These two relatively famous individuals are not looking for any type of relationship when they meet. In fact, Faith has a rule about dating tourists that initially puts Caleb off limits. But rules are meant to be broken!
This was an enjoyable contemporary romance set on a small island rather than a small town. H
Susan Gorman
Emma Douglas does a fabulous job setting the scene and introducing the main characters in the first few pages of her novel Need You Now. I could sense the anticipation of the crowd as they disembarked from the ferry, feel their excitement of attending the CloudFest music festival on Lansing Island and identify with the connection Faith made with the blue- eyed stranger in the black SUV. Need You Now is well-paced novel with dynamic characters, great dialogue and well-plotted storyline.
Faith Harp
Austine (NovelKnight)
There's something to be said of reading a book at just the right time, and I read Need You Now exactly when I needed to. Y'all know how I feel about contemporary romances. I've come around to them but they've always been hit or miss.

The first in a new series, Need You Now covers the events of a big music festival in a small town with a rockstar's daughter and a famous tennis player. Talk about an interesting combo. And this book had a few good points (and few not-so-great).

Faith could have been
Books and Spoons
The romantic cover drew me in, and the blurb's promise of a small town romance enhanced the allure. The setting between the daughter of a rock star and the pro athlete is unique, and the island as the premise of the new series sounded charming. As this is the book one of new series, there are bundles of secondary characters introduced to the reader, the author pays a considerate amount of attention to setting the scene for the series.
Faith Harper is keeping her father's legacy alive by arrangin
Mandie Foxylutely
Read in August 2017

This is the first book in the Cloud Bay series about the rock royalty family, the Harpers. This is Faith Harper’s story.

Faith is living in the shadow of her now deceased father, the famous lead singer rock star of the Backlight legendary group. Each year the band did a rock festival on Lansing Island, where Faith now lives and carries on the tradition of the festival. Being a small island, everyone knows everyone’s business so whenever Faith needs an itch scratching, she take
Cathy Geha
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Need You Now by Emma Douglas
Cloud Bay #1

An island off the California coast is home to Faith Harper, daughter of legendary Rock Star Gray Harper. She is one week from putting on a huge music festival – Cloud Fest – when she meets recently retired tennis pro, Caleb White. The two are drawn to one another from the beginning but neither is really in the market for more than just a summer fling… But, as with many such stories, more than a fling is definitely a possibility.

This is the introduction to
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

3.5

Favorite Quotes:

Ivy didn’t share her views on island guys. She was newly moved in with her boyfriend. She had a bad dose of love cooties.

That man is worth a squee or two.

“Are you training to be a ninja or something?” she said, trying to calm her heartbeat and look innocent at the same time. “I think I’m going to buy you some clothes that aren’t black. At least that way I’ll see you coming.”

Because every night this week, I’ve fallen asleep wishing the day was just a little longer so
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Need You Now is the first book in the Cloud Bay series and has a lot of promise although it missed the mark in a couple of spots for me. This book centers around Faith Harper who is the daughter of a deceased rock star and Caleb White who is the #1 ranked professional tennis player. Caleb just announced his retirement and is visiting Cloud Bay while he figures out what is next for him. Faith runs Harper Inc. and is in the middle of running the huge music festival that her dad established years e ...more
Karen
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful life on an island and yet a bit lonely, although the rock festival is the focus of her next week, the daughter of a rock star, Faith meets Caleb, a retiring tennis sensation and that's that.
I loved all the build up of planning and execution of the festival by Faith. Her faithfulness to seeing it's success each year is important to her. It's stability and her rock. She can be safe here.
Caleb seems a bit one dimensional and perhaps because he doesn't have POV in this book. I would of l
Dottie Legatos
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This was the first book I’ve read by Emma Douglas. It turned out to be a good start to a series about life on a small island off the coast of California. I’m always attracted to these series set in small towns where everyone knows each other and life seems simpler. On the Island of Cloud Bay we meet Faith, whose famous father died from liver cancer, the result of the hard life of a rock star. She takes care of the day to day business of her father’s estate, along with coordinating the annual roc ...more
Lisa Richards
I've got to admit, I've kind of gotten tired of the typical contemporaries that have been flooding the market, Billionaires, Royals and MC gangs, so it was refreshing to come across this book. I guess I've always had a desire to see what's behind the curtain of a Rock Star's families life. It was fascinating to get just a taste of what it takes to set up a Woodstock type concert. Faith Harper was a kick-ass character who knew exactly what she wanted out of life and what she didn't. It was fun to ...more
Tammy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, netgalley, own
Release Date: August 29 2017
Need You Now is a good start to the Cloud Bay series by Emma Douglas.
You meet Faith who is the daughter of rock star and Caleb who is a famous tennis player. Neither of them are looking for a relationship and have no intentions of settling down, but they find love unexpectedly.
Caleb needs some time to get his thoughts together after his retirement from tennis, so one of his friends rents a house on Cloud Bay and they make the journey for the festival. Once Caleb has
Carolyn's
I love the start of a series when the book not only draws you in to that story but makes you anxious for the upcoming books in the series.

Faith Harper is a force to be reckoned with. Taking over a rock and roll empire after the death of her father, Faith knows how to run the show. The only thing is, she is hiding behind the safety of the work rather than getting emotionally involved in life. Caleb White is number one in the world of tennis until he abruptly retires. Hopping a ferry to the island
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Storming the Castle
  • Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1)
  • Merrily Ever After (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly, #2.5)
  • All The Ways You Saved Me (Love Unplugged, #1)
  • It's Me Again, Baby (O'Connor Family #3)
  • Under the Surface (Alpha Ops, #4)
  • Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3)
  • Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3)
  • The Hot Guy
  • Fearless (Irresistible Attraction, #3)
  • Putting It To The Test (Harlequin Blaze #392)
  • Rockstar Romance
  • With This Christmas Ring (Studies in Scandal, #2.5; Lords of Anarchy, #3.5)
  • Wish
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Fallen Angel
  • Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
Emma Douglas has read like a wild thing since she was small. She discovered romance novels at an age that way probably way too young but she survived unscathed. When she realized you could make up stories as well as read them, she started taking notes about what the characters wandering through her head were telling her and then, eventually, books happened.

Before the books happened she did the us

Cloud Bay (3 books)
  • A Season of You (Cloud Bay, #2)
  • No Place Like You (Cloud Bay, #3)