Start by marking “The Thirteenth Horse” as Want to Read:
The Thirteenth Horse

The Thirteenth Horse

(Mill Farm Stables #1)

New girl in town Kristy Moore is desperate to fit in. So, when she lands a job at Mill Farm Stables, she hopes she’ll make friends with the children who keep their ponies there.

When she’s given the cold shoulder by their ringleader, bossy Norah Bergman, she seeks solace by befriending the mysterious and mighty black Percheron, Cassius.

To her surprise, Norah and her frien
Published June 20th 2017 by Amanda Wills

To ask other readers questions about The Thirteenth Horse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thirteenth Horse

Start your review of The Thirteenth Horse
•°•°•°•°Serena•°•°•°•°•

To her surprise, Norah and her friends invite Kristy to join their quadrille team.

Fate deals them one disaster after another and Kristy begins to wonder if they ar
Clare O'Beara
A Percheron - a French draught breed - is the unusual choice of mount in this lively book about the ups and downs of a riding stable quadrille team. The other kids have their own ponies but a newcomer asks to ride the noble Cassius, a black Percheron turned out to grass. Cassius has a problem though - he's blind in one eye. This means he will need very special handling and riding if he is not to spook or have accidents.

A quadrille is a team of four riding to music, and the team struggle towards
Lyla B
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good! If you like horses read this book
Claire (Cem)
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Thirteenth Horse is the lastest pony centric book from the fabulous Amanda Wills. It's sweet, sad, and laugh out loud funny at times. I could barely put this book down. Once again Amanda has written characters who are so real, you feel like you're there with them. From annoying parental concern, to crazy antics between siblings, from the emotional rollercoaster of being the new girl to the fear of losing your closest furry
Cressida Ellen Schofield
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this very well constructed pony story. Kristy takes a job at the local livery stables where she meets gentle giant, Cassius - a beautiful black Percheron and the stables' 13th horse! But there are problems. Cassius is being prepared for sale, plus the kids who own some of the livery ponies aren't exactly welcoming. However, the chance to compete in a local quadrille competition brings everyone together, albeit somewhat unwillingly. As the story unfolds it becomes evi ...more
Kate Gordon
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Amanda Wills book I have read and it certainly won't be the last. The Thirteenth Horse is everything I wanted in a pony story.
Kristy is just like so many of us - all she wants is a pony to love, but her family simply can't afford the luxury of buying her one, let alone regular riding lessons. Kristy's determination to work hard for her dream is what makes this story for me.
She has problems, for sure, after her discovery of Cassius, the Percheron, in the far paddock, and she do
Sudarshan Kadri
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely fell in love with Kristy and Cassius as soon as I met them and they are such likeable characters. This book is so sweet and amazing with a bit of a sad twist which turns out all right in the end, leaving you hooked on until the very end. lIke all of her work Amanda Wills has definitely nailed it with this book and I would ways recommend her other books to readers who like this book.
Debi Russell
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book

From the second i started reading this story i was hooked. Couldn't put it down and have just bought the second book in this series. Highly recommend for all horse lovers, takes you back to childhood ponies!
Chrissi
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Thank you for a lovely story of human kindness, hard work and success! I love a joyful ending and a thoughtful, well-told tale with surprises. I await more fun from the author.
Eliza
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book.
katie lovatt
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved every minute of it, couldn't put it down, a story of true friends over coming all odds, and having fun at the same time
Sally S
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely pony story from Amanda Wills!
Vanessa McCormick
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fab teen read

Great first instalment in the series. I look forward to following the 4 friends in their future endeavours. Great story for a pony mad teen.
Liam
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with all her books they are great and this has a nice ending too. They are aimed at people a lot younger then me but I do love the books.
delores ballard
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know you books are for the younger but at 71 yrs old I love them all. Can't wait to read more. Thank you for helping me remember my past growing up. Will be waiting for your next books.
Bobbi Pratt
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

Very sweet and fun story. Shows how making friends and just having fun can overcome lots of things. Recommend it to fellow horse lovers.
Christine Meunier
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the Thirteenth Horse, readers are introduced to 12 year old Kristy Moore. Kristy loves horses. Until recently she has been able to enjoy regular riding lessons at the prestigious Coldblow Equestrian Centre. A change in her father’s working situation has resulted in the family having to move house; to downsize. On top of this, Kristy is at a new school struggling to make friends and she also no longer has riding lessons to look forward to.

Read more at http://equus-blog.com/thirteenth-hors...
chacha
Nov 04, 2017
Hannah Wastney
Jan 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Falling In (Show Jumping Dreams #46)
  • Irish Summer (Show Jumping Dreams #44)
  • Cross Country (Show Jumping Dreams #42)
  • Stable Companion (Show Jumping Dreams #43)
  • Pony Pals (Diary of a Horse Mad Girl #4)
  • Secret Rider (Show Jumping Dreams, #1)
  • High Horse (Show Jumping Dreams, #39)
  • Dark Horse (Show Jumping Dreams, #23)
  • Boot Camp (Show Jumping Dreams, #24)
  • Barn Sour (Show Jumping Dreams, #26)
  • Defining Gravity (Defining Gravity Series Book 1)
  • Catch Rider (Show Jumping Dreams, #28)
  • Second Chances (Show Jumping Dreams, #25)
  • Double Standards (Show Jumping Dreams, #20)
  • Beginner's Luck (Show Jumping Dreams, #18)
  • Hunter Pace (Show Jumping Dreams, #7)
  • Time Faults (Show Jumping Dreams, #34)
  • Lead Change (Show Jumping Dreams, #29)

Mill Farm Stables (2 books)
  • Trophy Horse (Mill Farm Stables Book 2)

News & Interviews