Start by marking “Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)

Second Chance Cowboy

(Road to Romance #2)

Dancer Larissa Martine is ready to start over and Las Vegas seems like the perfect city for a shiny new beginning. But first, to honor her pact with her girlfriends, she wants to make a quick stop in Cheyenne, WY to make amends with her first love, the guy she left to chase her dreams of Broadway fame. Except rancher Matt Briggs isn’t nearly as interested in her regrets as ...more
Published August 21st 2017 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance Cowboy

Start your review of Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Road to Romance series - Joanne Rock

Second Chance Cowboy is book two in the Road to Romance series by Joanne Rock. I’ve read several of Joanne’s books but didn’t know about this series. But the cover caught my attention. It kept calling me back until I decided I needed to read the book and now I’m so glad I did.

Larissa Martine left college and the only man she had ever really loved, Matt Briggs, eight long years ago. She broke things off with a text message, something she has always regretted. She needed to honor
"Avonna
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: http://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SECOND CHANCE COWBOY (Road to Romance Book, #2) by Joanne Rock is a second chance contemporary romance that demonstrates this author’s seamless ability to immediately allow you to become emotionally invested in her characters and immerse you in the beauty and uniqueness of her settings. Even though this is the second book in this series, it is easily read as a standalone.

Larissa Martine left Cheyenne, Wyoming eight years ago for the
Coco.V
Aug 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon US today (8/13/2019)! 🎁
Elaine
This is a delightful second chance contemporary romance set in beautiful Cheyenne. Larissa Martine promised her dying Mum that she’d try to make her dreams of being a Broadway dancer come true. Following her mother’s death and her father selling the family ranch, Martine left her first love, Matt Briggs, behind with only a text before trying to do as she’d promised her Mum. Now, eight years later, she’s heading to Las Vegas for auditions but stops en route to try to explain to Matt why she reall ...more
Melody Cox
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
When dancer, Larissa Martine, was heading from New York to Las Vegas to attend a dancing audition she planned to make a stop in her hometown of Cheyenne, WY. She had abruptly left the young man she met in college and fell in love with saying goodbye in a text. He was devestated. She's been gone eight years and she wanted to apologize for the way she left him and explain why she did what she did.

Now, maybe I'm much too selfish to make the sacrifice she did. Her mother was dying of cancer and her
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Second Chance Cowboy is a sweet, sexy, second chance romance. Larissa has always regretted leaving Matt with just a text as a breakup. Now, years later she and some friends have made a pact to resolve their pasts, make up some wrongs, so she's off to Cheyenne to tell Matt just how much she regrets leaving him the way she did.

When she gets back to town, Matt's sister is about to get married and she insists Rissa stay for the wedding. Matt's all for it, too, because it means he'll get another chan
Toni
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

In Joanne Rock’s Road to Romance series, four friends listen to a self-help guru and resolve to make peace with their past. In the second installment, Second Chance Cowboy, Larissa Martine goes home to Montana to apologize to the “one that got away.” As things are never as easy as they seem from a distance, Larissa is dragged into the Briggs family and realizes that there is more to life than following her mother’s dreams. This is a quick, second chance read. It is trademark Rock humor and story
Becky Burciaga
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A tender story that completely took me by surprise. Never having read this author before...and not knowing what to expect (I enjoy reading new authors to expand my reading repertoire)...I have been totally captivated by her writing.

The description of characters is so vivid and realistic that I can picture their every move and expression, not to mention their body language. Matt and Larissa were so real in my mind that I could envision their passion for each other...as well as their heartbreak..
Isha Coleman
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
How sweet is. Sentiment, sisterhood and second chances make for a hard to put down romance. Joanne Rock tempts the heart with this stroll down memory lane. Larissa and Matt's history consists of regrets. She left him behind to follow her dreams. He lost his heart the minute she walked away. Years later, memories and a promise bring them face. Will a wedding give them the chance to start again? Second Chance Cowboy is a first rate romance.
Anna's Herding Cats
Second Chance Cowboy was an okay read. I enjoyed it even if I had a couple quibbles along the way.

The Gist: 8 some years ago Larissa high tailed it out of town doing the classy thing and breaking up with her boyfriend via text. Now she's coming home to mend fences before she starts her life over in yet another city. Matt? Poor lug that's along for the ride.

I liked Matt. The guy doesn't have an easy life. He's managing two large ranches after his father died and trying to survive his baby siste
Lola
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley and voluntarily reviewed it.

I enjoy a good second chance romance and enjoyed the first book in this series, so I jumped on the chance to read and review this one. Second Chance Cowboy is a book about making peace with your past, healing, second chances and that following your dreams also means reevaluating those dreams now and then. My favorite part of this book probably was the setting, I loved visualizing the nature in th
Cathy Geha
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second Chance Cowboy by Joanne Rock
Road to Romance #2

Quick easy second chance at love romance that takes place eight years after college sweethearts abruptly separate with Larissa Martine heading off to Broadway to dance after her sophomore year in college while her boyfriend, Matt Briggs, graduates and heads home to live on the ranch he bought next to the family spread.

On her way to Las Vegas for a dance audition Larissa stops to make amends to Matt for the way she departed and tell him why sh
patrick Lorelli
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-cowboys
Dancer Larissa Martine is back in her home town Cheyenne Wyoming on her way to Las Vegas for a try out. Her career is over in New York after eight years. She now wants to make things right with the only man she has ever loved and she broke up with him through a text message. Matt Briggs is working to ranches is own and his families after his father died in an accident. He is now also dealing with helping his sister getting ready for her wedding. He is stressed but it is okay that is until he see ...more
Nicole Laverdure
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second chance love story!

I have read Joanne Rock's other novels, but this series, Road to Romance, is new to me! Her second story, Second Chance Cowboy, was a charm to read! It tells the sweet story of Larissa and Matt, two ex-sweethearts who get the chance to start all over. This author is so talented with her words, that she knows how to pull you in! I simply could not put it down! Some scenes are emotional, but very well written! Will Matt win Larissa back? Can they finally put the past beh
Suzie Quint
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, romance-cowboy
This started off well but then the pacing died and I got bored. Pushed on for a little ways hoping it would pick up but then I started getting frustrated with the hero. He just got over everything--her leaving the way she did, never telling him about the baby she lost--without even getting upset and, even though he doesn't think she's staying, he starts pursuing her.

I also don't understand her reason for leaving. I mean, she left BECAUSE she was pregnant. Huh? That makes no sense.

It's also too
Bonnie Gonzales
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
She had left him years ago with a cold text message good bye, she left to follow her dream of dancing on Broadway, she left with a secret and no plan to return.
Now eight years later she is back to apologize to ease her conscience for the way she had left Matt, she is only planning a quick stop and then to move on, but will circumstances make it so she has to stay a few days and will she and Matt try for a second chance for love? Or will pride and old hurts stand in their way?
Wendy Irving
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for enjoyable plot but inaccurate setting details

While the romantic relationship development in this novel is fairly believable and the character growth especially insightful toward the end, I am annoyed that the setting details are poorly researched. I live in the corner of Wyoming where this fictional story takes places, and I dislike that the author inaccurately describes key features.

First, one cannot see mountains from Cheyenne. If a person is close enough to see the rocks of Vee
Danielle Urban
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance Cowboy is the second book that I've read by Joanne Rock. I was amazed by her talent with her other book that I read before this one. Her characters literally pop off the pages. Bringing the story to readers in live motion. I felt like I was there experiencing it all in both the main characters' shoes. I got the best perspectives from the leading female and male protagonists. Their thoughts, actions, and words could easily be felt and understood.

Joanne Rock made me cry happy tears
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Eight years ago Larissa made a decision. One that haunted her ever since for without closure on her past she cannot move forward to a questionable future as she’d planned. In order to honor a mother’s dying request she’d had to break a young man’s heart, and her own as well. Now she’s coming home to find the closure she desperately needs. What she didn’t expect was that home truly is where the heart is… and her heart belongs right here with Matt.

One text message was
Jaymy M.
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So a New York dancer walks into a Wyoming cowboy bar on her way to Vegas? Sound like the set up of a joke? It's not. That's where Joanne Rock begins "Second Chance Cowboy," as Larissa returns to the town where she graduated and the man she left behind in her hasty flat flight to New York.

Larissa needs to revisit the past in order to truly let go of the past and move on. Matt is everything she remembers and so much more. Just being near him has every nerve snapping to attention.

She reminds herse
Gaby
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd consider this book a must read if you're a Joanne Rock fan but I'd also totally recommend this book to lovers of the romance genre, I really enjoyed this story, it was very charming and sweet.

Second Chance Cowboy is the story of Larissa and Matt, and as you might guess from the title, this is a second chance romance story, which I should say is one of my favorite tropes. By the way this is book two from the Road to Romance series but it can be read as a standalone.

The premise is simple enoug
Kerry Croucier
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Larissa Martine's life hasn't worked out quite as she expected. She left Cheyenne years ago to fulfill a promise to her mother, breaking things off with her boyfriend with just a text. After she and her friends listen to a self-help guru, they decide that they need to make amends in order to move on with life. Larissa stops in Cheyenne to apologize for the way she broke things off and then she can head to Las Vegas to reboot her career as a dancer. It should be quick and easy, right?
Matt Briggs
Wit & Wonder Books
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** ARC provided by the author for an honest review ***

Second Chance Cowboy is the second book in the Road to Romance series by author Joanne Rock. A pact with friends leads to a detour on the way to Vegas and a possible second chance at love in the Wyoming countryside.

Larissa Martine is a Broadway dancer. Things have sort of slacked off, so she has packed up and is moving to Las Vegas. However, the pact she made has her stopping in Wyoming to apologize to an old flame she broke up with by text
Marcie Robinson
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wished you could go back in time and right a wrong?
Larissa Martine, the heroine in Joanne Rock’s “Second Chance Cowboy”, does just that when she returns to Wyoming to see Matt Briggs – the guy she broke up with eight years before.
Matt had convinced himself he was over Larissa and the hurt she caused. Well, until he saw her. Now, with his sister about to get married, asking Larissa to stay for the wedding was the perfect opportunity for Matt to work through the memories so when Lar
Lynn Brooks
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

Sometimes, you really can go home again! College sweethearts torn apart by one's ambition meet up again in the gentle countryside that was the backdrop of their relationship. One seeks forgiveness and clarification that she did the right thing ... the other seeks answers as to why they weren't enough and possibly a second chance. Great setting, fun supporting characters and a sweet love story that keeps us crossing our fingers for a happy ending!

When Larissa Martine decides to leave
Yvonne Cruz
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance Cowboy is book 2 of Ms Rock’s series, Road to Romance. Rest assure it’s a stand alone.
Ms. Rock gives us a very touching story about second chances in love, when one least expect them.
Larissa, left her hometown and her boyfriend not only because she promised her mother in her deathbed that she would follow her passion, which meant going to NYC to become a Broadway dancer, but also because she was scared. She broke up with her boyfriend via text.
Now, after an injury and deciding to
Janine
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

Eight years ago, Larissa Martine left Wyoming to follow her dream of becoming a dancer on Broadway. She broke up with her boyfriend, Matt Briggs, by just leaving a note. Matt never got over the way Larissa left.

When Larissa’s dreams came to a crashing halt after an injury left her sidelined, she decided to try Las Vegas. But before she could go to Las Vegas, she needed to fulfill a promise she made with her friends. She needed to make a detour to Cheyenne and make amends with Matt for how she l
Paula
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second Chance Cowboy by Joanne Rock is a heartwarming second chance romance but the cowboy involved is first rate all the way. The story-line is deeper than the synopsis implies with real likable characters. I found the story interesting, thinking this is exactly how hearts are broken and mended by the normal tragedies of life and death.

The struggles of today’s individual ranchers are as much of this story as the romance is. It shows the strains that that the struggles to keep the ranch going pu
Eileen
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed Second Chance Cowboy by Joanne Rock, the second book in the Road to Romance series. Larissa Martine left Matt Briggs by telling him in a text. Although she reached her goal to dance on Broadway, fulfilling her mom’s death request, she felt the pull to apologize and explain things to Matt. On her drive to Las Vegas to restart her dancing career, she takes a detour to Cheyenne, Montana to make amends with Matt. Matt is shocked when he sees Larissa again, and even more unsure when h ...more
Miriam Wolfe
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

I am a fan of second chance romances so I loved this book! Larissa and Matt had a relationship when she left town and then texted him a "dear john" text. Eight years later, Larissa wants to resolve her past and goes back home on a side trip on her way to an audition in Vegas.

Their story was enjoyable to read and I loved them together! The only thing that annoyed me was that Larissa didn't seem to have her own goals and instead was focused on living
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Cowboy Takes a Bride (Wyoming Matchmaker Book 1)
  • Taming the Texas Cowboy (Forever Texan Book 1)
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • The Southern Hero (Driftwood Bay Book 2)
  • The Convenient Cowboy (The Hansen Brothers #2)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • Just the Way You Are: Love and Family Life in a Seaside Town (Dunlin Shores Book 1)
  • Montana Cowboy (Big Sky Mavericks, #2)
  • Saving the Sheriff (Hills of Texas, #1)
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • Troy (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #5)
  • The Cowboy's Last Rodeo (Men of the Marvell Ranch #1)
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2) (The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)
  • Flirting with Fire (Men of Marietta #2)
  • The Lawman's Apache Moon
  • Coming Home (Texas Sisters, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Joanne Rock writes romance novels in a variety of sub-genres, from family sagas to sexy contemporaries. A popular workshop speaker, Joanne parlays her experience in the college classroom to substantive seminars that motivate, educate and inspire. Her book Self Promotion: Your Guide to Launching a Book is the culmination of requests for her notes on this topic. She has ...more

Road to Romance (3 books)
  • Last Chance Christmas (Road to Romance #1)
  • A Chance This Christmas (Road to Romance #3)

News & Interviews