Start by marking “Cross Breed (Breeds, #23)” as Want to Read:
Cross Breed (Breeds, #23)

Cross Breed

(Breeds #23)

The Breeds are humans altered before conception with the DNA of the predators of Earth. But although they all carry the genetic material of beasts within them, Cassandra Sinclair stands apart. A unique mix of wolf, coyote and human, she is revered by many—but preyed upon by others. She is fiercely protected by her community…but no one manages to stop her when she slips awa ...more
Published September 25th 2018 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Cross Breed, please sign up.
Angela Goodrich Because some members use the rating system to designate how much they are looking forward to reading an upcoming release. And it's unbelievably easy t…moreBecause some members use the rating system to designate how much they are looking forward to reading an upcoming release. And it's unbelievably easy to accidentally rate a book without meaning to when using the app on a tablet. I had to stop accessing Goodreads via my Kindle Fire when I discovered I had rated about a dozen books without realizing it. (less)

Start your review of Cross Breed (Breeds, #23)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
***This is finally LIVE, FYI for Breed fans!***

Thank you, lawd, Lora Leigh.

Thank you for making this not suck and giving Cassie a good story.

Cause the stakes were high here, peeps.

But let's back up.

description

I read my first Breed book waaaaaaay back in the day. I think I was in college or something. Which isn't bad considering I started reading smut waaaaaaay before it was age-appropriate. We are talking 12 years old here, people.

description

In fact, one of the books in this series (Coyote's Mate) is one of my fa
Sophia Triad
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cassie and(view spoiler)
The Lady and the Tramp
The Breed Princess and the Bad Bad Bad Boy

“The Breed princess wants to see what it’s like to get down and dirty for a change?”

The bad boy who wants to crumple the perfect princess and then to set her finally free.

“Cassie, aren’t you tired of playing the perfect little Breed princess?” he asked as she passed him. “Haven’t you gotten sick of being a good girl all the time? You’re not human. You can’t keep pretending you are.”

Coyotes
Aisling Zena
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

We finally got Cassies book and it was a fucking good one!! And from the way things ended at least two more books are coming.
description

I don't know if I should say more. We got the mate we wanted, the mating we wanted, we didn't have to wait half the book for them to be together, the sexy times reached epic levels and we had a good plot foiling it all. I could have done with a touch more grovelling but that's just me, I always want more grovel, can never have enough. Other than that, a stellar B
Lover of Romance
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-shelf
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

*May contain a few spoilers....so be aware before reading! Thank You. *

Cross Breed was such a wonderful read in fact it was definitely met my expectations. I have been looking forward to Cassie's book for so long, for YEARS so I was so excited that Lora Leigh finally wrote her
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Can’t really review this book so far from the release date, so this is mostly random thoughts.

The ‘World of the Breeds’ bit at the beginning was terribly heavy-handed, and not particularly true to events in previous books. The prologue was an expansion of the long ago scene on the island in Seth Lawrence’s atrium; expanded (and altered) with new info to fit the needs of this book. That was when most readers figured out who Cassie’s mate was; as well as what he was really doing.

Latter books of t
ȷαεlα
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I know most of the reviews will start with “I’ve been waiting for this book since forever”, and it’s very true for each and every one of us. We, the readers that have been following all this saga, have waited for so long to read Cassie’s book.
I’ve always wondered who her mate would be, I’ve had my doubts for 2 breeds and I wasn’t disappointed at all with Lora’s choice.
The starting was a bit rushed, but soooo very steamy. OMG, I had forgotten about the eroticism of these books.
I liked how the Her
Holly
Disclaimer: I did not read any of the prior 22 books in this series

Why in the world is "Breed" used as a pronoun throughout this book?! Characters whose names are given are simply referred to as 'the Breed' mere sentences later for no apparent reason. It's like the author did a 'find and replace' in Microsoft Word and changed every instance of the words he/she/man/woman with 'the Breed' and called it a day. So practically every other sentence has the word 'Breed' in it. It was enough to drive me
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Cassie’s story is terrific!

I’ve been waiting since Cassie was a young child for her to grow up and find a mate of her own. I knew that time on Seth’s island when the mysterious Coyote Breed shot her that he was her mate. I never would have guessed who it turned out to be, but it makes a lot of sense now. They are perfect together.

This is another example of a Breeds book where Graeme is awesome 😎. I just love him. He is not as psycho as he used to be, but he still gets crazy now and again. He lov
Beth
The Breeds is twenty three books in and still going strong. I LOVED finally getting Cassie's story. What can I say, Lora Leigh ROCKED it. Riveting the reader with a captivating and original plot, I couldn't help but read into the wee-hours of the morning because I just couldn't put it down. Sexy, seductive and suspense-filled, don't miss Cassie Sinclair's story in Cross Breeds.

I received this ARC copy of Cross Breed from Berkley Publishing Group. This is my honest and voluntary review. Cross Bre
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
4-4.5 stars – looooved this one. I was new to the Breeds series when I got this galley, so I read the first 4 Breeds books to prepare (I would've read more but there are wayyy too many) and I freaking LOVED Cassie and her mate. This is definitely my favorite Breeds book I've read so far. Cassie is an alpha female to her core and I loved her for it. Cross Breed was sexy without being cringey (how I felt the first couple books were). If you're new to the series, I highly recommend you give it a tr ...more
Karma♥Bites ^.~
Read (audio) 03 Oct 2018 (★★½)

So. 14yrs since we first met Cassie in Elizabeth's Wolf (which, BTW, is still one of my favs in this series). 14yrs. But extended wait makes sense, given that we had to wait for Cassie to grow up, no? 😉

No matter how lackluster previous Breeds books have been, there was no way that I would delay or pass on reading this one. Especially since a buddy & I split the pot from a 10yr bet (re: identity of Cassie’s mate) placed after Dawn's Awakening. 😜

B/c of build-up over t
Chitra *CJ*
Ah Cassie! I’ve waited too long and you need to arrive soon!!
Dawn’s Awakening was forever ago! Who is your coyote?!

“Love you, halfling,” he whispered. “More than life, I love you.”
No, you're crying.

"Cross Breed" is the story of Cassie and (view spoiler)

Firstly, PHEW ITS FINALLY HERE!! I've been WAITING for this book since Dawn's Awakening, and it feels like forever later its HERE!!!

Secondly.. I KNEW IT!! We were left guessing who the elusive Coyote mate was, but I alw
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Riveting paranormal suspense…

I LOVE this series! I may have mentioned that each time I read the next instalment in this series that has built its characters and storyline through dozens of storylines and even more characters. And all of them, contributing to a world that I get lost in each and every time…

Breeds have been fighting for their basic ‘human’ rights for years. To be counted as equal, for their right to live happily. To even exist at all. Yes, they are different but not of their choosi
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
SPOLIER FREE

Cross Breed is book twenty three in the Breeds series by Lora Leigh

Oh my how I’ve waited and anticipated Cassie’s novel. I first feel in love with her as a child in Elizabeth’s Wolf and then she pops back up in other novels throughout the series. She is a hybrid, unique, and many fear her and her gifts. She has been hunted since the day she was born and that will never stop.

As for her mate. I had an inkling of who he was and it was whispered at in Dawn’s Awakening, so their are clue
Linda
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fans of the series finally get Cassie’s story, and for those who’ve been paying attention, her mate is not a surprise. As with all these stories, though, things do not go smoothly. Cassie must deal not only with her own mixed feelings but those of friends and colleagues, all while it appears someone is gunning either for her or her new mate.

There are a lot of ongoing threads from the series that culminate in this book, and some of them do so in so oblique a manner as to be unsatisfying and incom
Jane E
Nov 07, 2017 marked it as to-read
This book is a big deal in Breeds world - and Lora Leigh delivered a book that I like, that is better than recent books, and has a nice story. But it isn't wow. But equally, it doesn't disappoint. I'm not Goodreads' rating - purely because I am not sure what an accurate one would be.

On my Breeds Rating scale (where I am ONLY rating against other Breeds books, using lion paws not stars)
Dawn's Awakening is 5 paws (Roar)
Anything in Window Rock is 1.5 paws (Hairball)
Cross Breed is a 3.5 - 4 paw Bre
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Yes, the wait is over my friends. Over the decade we have been all patiently waiting for this story, and it is so darn good you guys!
Breeds series, is one of my all time favourite series, it has had some ups and downs over the years but it is safe to say this was all round 5 stars, Cassie is everything and more. She is all grown up and she is mated, to her mate! Thank you Lora, thank you for providing us with this kick ass story. The main couple is perfect. I'm not going to tell you who the main
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Readers who follow Lora Leigh’s Breed series have been clamoring for Cassie’s story since she first appeared in Elizabeth’s Wolf back in 2005, and its finally here.

Cross Breed is all about Cassie and her mate-who will remain unknown in this review for fear of spoilers. While I have known for a couple of years who her mate was going to be, I didn’t know several things about him that come to light in this story.

The book is intense, with Cassie fighting her mate fiercely in the beginning, then havi
Mara
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, futuristic
A few days after and I had to read it again. And unexpectedly liked it more, hence the new rating.

As N. said: "The bar was set so high for Cassie’s book it was difficult for anything to actually live up to the expectations".
I wouldn't have minded some less smut, and some more plot. That said, this is one of the few series that I keep reading with pleasure and expectations. And now I want K's..
I would suggest you to read Sofs' review: it perfectly highlights what isn't exactly right...
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Finally Cassie's book which has been fifteen years in the making. With so many hints and storylines over a number of books this instalment came with a lot of expectation... and I'm glad to say that Ms Leigh stayed to the script and everything pretty much fell into place with a resolution that I was completely satisfied with.

This series sure has had its ups and downs over the years including numerous publishers, convoluted book order and storylines but still remains one of my original "guilty p
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bbf, pnr
I'd been a fan of this series since I read my first breed book. I collected them in paperbacks and ebooks until the quality degenerated and I quit the series.........then I saw this book and absolutely had to read it.

While I've been interested in Cassie's story for years her mate is actually the reason I read this book. For years I've been intrigued by him and would frequently check in just to see if he had a book.
Thankfully I wasn't disappointed,while he had his sweet moments he was still the s
Erica Chilson
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars

Cross Breeds is the 23rd installment of the Breeds series. I need to confess, I read the beginning novels a few times over, up to Megan's Mark, and read the previous release. I can attest to how easy it is to read these novels as a standalone, with little to no confusion and overall with good entertainment value. If you're well-versed in this genre, some things are similar across the board to be able to read between the l
SheLove2Read
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifters, 2019
I knew it! Always figured there was something extra about Cassie. I loved her and Dog together. 5 stars
Tina Christopher
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Lindsay
OMG. FINALLY!!!!! I can't wait to read Cassie's story!!!!
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

If you don’t want to know who Cassie’s mate is then do NOT read my review!

As a long-time fan of the Breed series, I’ve been waiting for Cassie’s book since the first whisper of her mate in Dawn’s Awakening. It’s been hinted at throughout subsequent books, and I’m happy to report Ms. Leigh does not disappoint. If you haven’t figured it out by now, YES, Dog is her mate, and he’s waited six years to claim what is his.

Overall, I enjoyed Cassie and Dog’s story. Their romance was fill
Sam~OTT Alpha Male Addict~
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMFG. Jesus H. CHRIST. After 13 years since her debut, Cassie finally, FINALLY gets her mate. And what a Mating it was! Thank you, Lora, for giving Cassie an amazing story. I admit I haven’t enjoyed the recent breeds books...I was really just biding my time until you published Cassie’s book, then Dane’s...I was even scared this would be as lackluster as the previous books...But golly did it entertain me.

Dog was perfect. Cassie was perfect. Everything, all details so intricately placed in each o
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
3.5 Stars
For months now I’ve been looking forward to this book. Cassie made her first appearance in the series in the first few books and always left an impression. She was more than just a Breed-she was a special child with more secrets and played a role in almost every step of the Breed journey. I enjoyed the fact the Breed generalized plot continued and the threats for them never leave them peace. Unfortunately given all that I just wasn’t all that impressed with this book. Granted it has bee
Rachel K
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars 🌟
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's about time! Knowing that Cassie was FINALLY getting her own book I picked the series back up a few months ago and got caught up. I'm glad I did. Cassie and (view spoiler) story was 6 years in the making. Well 6 years for them but about 10 years for fans of the series.

A few long unanswered questions in the series were answered, but of course, many more still need to be answered. Plus a few new ones popped up. It's been a long time since I was excited by this long-runni

• Leopard's Run (Leopard People #10)
  • Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #11.5; Feline Breeds, #9; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • Dark Sentinel (Dark #28)
  • Vengeance Road (Torpedo Ink #2)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Vampires Like It Hot (Argeneau, #28)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink, #3)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Hour of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #2)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Breeds (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #9; Wolf Breeds, #3)
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #10; Wolf Breeds, #4)