Start by marking “Moments of Clarity (Moments #2)” as Want to Read:
Moments of Clarity (Moments #2)

Moments of Clarity

(Moments #2)

Blessed.
That was me.

In every way that mattered anyway. I had a close, loving relationship with my parents, my older brother was my hero, and with graduation right around the corner, I was on the verge of turning my love of photography into a career.

Then there was Carter, surprisingly he turned out to be the yin to my yang. Where I was alternative, slightly nerdy and a w
Published June 22nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Moments of Clarity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moments of Clarity

DJ Sakata
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

The best seduction technique I have at my disposal is my extreme awkwardness. Who needs flirty when you’ve got awkward, right?

It’s hilarious. Mr. Perfect wants Ms. Awkward. It’s comedy gold. I mean, seriously, how is that going to work? Are you even capable of carrying on a conversation with a hot guy without divulging something horrifically embarrassing, or rambling about weird facts that only you care about?

So what, you’re getting into matchmaking now? Running the paper doesn’t
Carlene Inspired
3.5 Stars

Chance and Carter are opposites, one is a football star and the other is a unique photography student. Chance has embraced her quirkiness and Carter finds that she's exactly what he needs to break the mold and be is own person. Together they find happiness, but the happiness is new, undeveloped, like it requires more time to process in the dark room. When events happen in both of their lives that change everything they know they both seek clarity. That clarity may drive them apart or ma
Tamara

Moments of Clarity was everything I was expecting and more!

Chance is the type of female lead I love reading about, she was strong, determined and knew who she was. She was a little quirky and different, but she owned it and didn't change who she was, just because society deemed her a little strange.

Carter was the not so typical jock. Underneath that tough exterior was a man with a heart of gold. He loved fiercely and only a few were lucky enough to have him in their corner.

From the outs
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Moments of Clarity was such an amazing book by (new to me author) JB heller. It had such a classic NA feel that it swept me of my feet. It was sexy, had great banter, a HOT alpha male and a sassy heroine that gave as good as she got. This was a fantastic read.

When Carter, Mr. Perfect college football captain, wanted something or someone he made sure to get it. That is exactly what happened when he sets eyes on Chance Haynes and decides to just go for it after noticing her for a few months. They
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

"Photography, to me, is like being given the opportunity to see the world with a whole new perspective. Like when you have a problem and you ask a friend for the opinion, because sometimes you need an outside view to get a batter handle on the situation. I want to show other how I see life through my lens."

This probably wasn't the right quote to start with, but to me, it just sets the tone for the story as a whole. Chance Haynes sees life unlike many other people and she reflect
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

I enjoyed this story so much. I love reading about nerdy/plain girl next door type of girls meeting their one and finding happiness.

This was one of those books. Chance is a strong determined women who knows what she wants. And Carter might look like your typical jock but definitely not. Hot, Sexy and sweet to boot.

This book will have you LOL in some parts and then have you #sigh and then it will give you all the drama and angst that you want. Because wha
Michelle Austin
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

Moments of Clarity was a great 5 star read.

Chance is an unusual girl with her own style. She loves photography and when she is given a new assignment it changes her whole world. She has to get pictures of Carter one of the Football players.

Carter plays football but it’s not his true passion. He loves to fight MMA, it gives him an outlet to deal with stress and anger issues.

I have to say that when Chance goes through with a dare her nephew threw at her, it
Christie72
~4 1/2 Stars~

I loved this book and the characters! I love when a book surprises me, and this one definitely surprised me. I was expecting one thing, and I got something much, much better! It was a book filled with love, forgiveness, and acceptance!

Chance is quirky, and she definitely owns it! I loved her! Heller made her personality completely jump off the pages. Carter is completely opposite of her. He’s the popular football player who can have any woman he wants. However, there was so much mor
Jess Lawson
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow.... This book has so much depth. It was a little hard for me in the beginning. Once you over look a lot of high school drama you see the depth that takes place.

Chance and Carter have a lot of intense hot sexual chemistry for high school students. This is what was turning me off the book but let's be real high school students do often engage in sexual acts. The love they have for each other as well as the family that surrounds them is amazing.

Chance is her own person who will not let anothe
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Moments of Clarity - JB Heller

I was given this book for an honest and unbiased review.

***** 5 BRILLIANT STARS

Chance Haynes is not your average girl, on the cusp of graduating and moving onto adulthood. She's anything but cookie cutter, cheerleader perfection, she is a nerd and is proud of it. She sweet and caring of her family and friends but she's definitely got some sass about her.

Her best friend is Kassidy but they're more than friends, Kass is also Chance's nephew. Her very much older brot
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Moments of Clarity - JB Heller

I was given this book for an honest and unbiased review.

***** 5 BRILLIANT STARS

Mary Dean
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so in love with this book. This a story aboutChance Haynes & Carter Cross. Chance is a quirky aspiring professional photographer who lives life by her own beat and doesn't conform to what others see as "normal." Carter is a college football star who wants more out of life. They seem like total opposites. But they are the best match. At first the reader doesn't really understand Carter's want and need to make Chance his girl. He is a player and the girls he is usually with are the opposi ...more
Bloggers From Down Under
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Instant love……
This is what Moments Of Clarity was for me.
I couldn’t put it down. It totally consumed me. I was completely spell bound from beginning to end. Just brilliant.

We meet Chance and Carter.
Chance is quirky, nerdy, sassy, all things awkward and very unique.
Carter is a football star, self assured, confident and all things delicious.

Two complete opposites.

And their worlds are about
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
Moments of Clarity is book 2 in the Moments Series, but it can be read as a standalone. I enjoyed Chance and Carter’s story, it was a quick and sweet romance and wasn’t overly angsty- just what I was in the mood for!

I really liked the main characters and although they appeared very different, they fit very well together. Chance is a strong, funny and quirky girl who keeps to herself and doesn’t run with the typical crowds at school. Carter is a sexy and popular jock, but he has a secret passion
Lula Pantoofle
Quirky awkward nerd Chance meets jock fighter Carter. He’s popular and a manwhore. She is awkward and geeky, sent to photograph him for the school paper.

This was a sweet tale. Carter was definitely hot and the chemistry was good. I loved the initial locker room scene. Great! And I love the cover. I want to look like that!

I would have liked a bit more push/pull before they got together. Chance caves in pretty easily. I mean we can all see why; Carter was hot. That definitely came across and the
Vicky Salgado Esquivel
Sigh. Do I love a quirk one.

Every time JB hits me with her ARC I'm surprised and super impressed.
With Moments of Clarity was no different, I loved everything she created with this story.

We have a love story between the all star jock and the quirky artsy girl, no one would say they could even get along with each other since they have such a different perspective of life.

But then their game changed, what started as a task, it ended up with something so raw, deep, vast and amazing it would blow y
Medavis66
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Heart-wrenching in so many ways. Totally not what I was expecting when I read the blurb on this book. It was great. I liked both the main characters and felt that they helped one another put the world in focus. Chance is quite a strong individual and I love the character because she doesn't let anyone else dictate who she will be. Carter is the football star every boy wishes they could be, but he doesn't even want that life. I found great admiration for him when he told the coach to bench him, b ...more
Kari Hansen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chance is a little nerdy and awkward but she knows who she is and is doesn’t want to be any different. Photography is her first love as everything is so much clearer through a lens.

Carter is the star of the college football team and is a player on and off the field. He is trying to fulfill the dreams of his family rather than his own.

These two appear to be complete opposites as he is Mr. Popular and she is Miss Awkward but he knows that there is something about her that he needs and she realizes
Deborah Harrell-jones
*I read an ARC and this is my honest review*

This was a great story filled with laughter, tears, and forgiveness. Chance is all grown up and you would know her if you read the first moments book with her brother Huxley. She is graduating from college and starting work with her brother when she meets Carter. Carter is the big-time football player on campus and the player with the girls. Chance is awkwardly cute and Carter thinks she is the most attractive girl. He is tired of keeping his distance
CDBW
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-arc
4.5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!

I really enjoyed reading this! The whole popular guy/nerdy girl trope fills the NA genre but the storyline and characters gave this it's own unique spin.
I totally love Chance. She is so damn funny! Some the stuff that came out of her mouth. I'm still laughing about at the meet-the-parents scene. Oh, and let's not forget the "tickle your pickle" comment. There's more where that came from but I'm stopping now because I'm giving away too much already.
Carter had me falling in
Trudy Bettinger
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
So happy to see the life of Chance

I loved the story of Chance's big brother, Huxley, so to get to know Chance and how different her life was in comparison to the horrible upbringing that Hux endured from the same father, was an eye opener.

So many beautiful moments in this story, and on my gawd, Carter was amazing from start to finish.

My only negative was that I thought the ending was too rushed, missing important key pieces, and left me thinking it was unrealistic.

Won't explain, you'll see what
Karen Harper
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I saw that J. B. Heller had written a sequel to Moments of Beauty, I immediately bought this book simply because I loved the first book so much. I reread Moments of Beauty before I dived into Moments of Clarity and this amazing author did not disappoint me. The only disappointment came when I reached the end.
Once more J. B. Heller took me on a journey that not only entertained me, but touched my heart.
Michelle  Brown
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Freaking Awesome Book...

Love, love, loved this book. So hard!!

Chance and Carter are an amazing couple. Their dynamics and chemistry jumped off the page at you. You couldn't help but fall in love with them and their story.

Great story line as well and especially Chance's photo shoot for Bella. That was lovely.

JB Heller has the ability to write such fantastic stories with characters you can fall in love with so easily. It is breathtaking. My heart is full!

Gizel Alvarez
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
We need half stars

So this book is almost a great book and too many it will be, I HATED the Nick name "My Girl" in I am all for something original and all but that pet name ugh just no please, the only other thing is the slight immaturity in the characters it can be over looked since they're in college I suppose but at the same in some instances they felt younger.

And again just my opinion still good story should be checked out.
Melinda Smith
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again another outstanding book by JB!!

Chance a young girl that is so much like her brother he tried to remain invisible but she was quirky, funny, smart, caring and had a wicked dress sense. she wasn't like everyone else she loved to be herself and dress the way she wanted not caring what others thought.

Chance crashed into carters world, he was there for her when he world crashed but can she be there for him?

A beautiful love story that's jammed packed Thanks for a great read JB
R yatsko
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book!!!
Chance is my new hero!

She was incredible, funny, smart...
...I love her quirkiness, awkwardness, and candor..
And style!

Carter knew behind those glasses was amazing girl..
...so the pursuit begins...

This book was funny, enduring, steamy and deep...
.. brilliant read, I laughed, sighed, fan myself, and cried...
D.L. Gallie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again JB has written a book that completely sucks you in, envelopes you and leaves you wanting more. I cannot put into words how much I love this series. What I loved most about this book was that it wasn't cliched, I thought it was going to go in one direction and she took it in a different way that way simply perfect.
JB's writing is detailed and you can picture everything clearly.
Michelle Harris
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing and well written. The execution of it was fantastic and I really loved the characters. Everything just flowed so well. I would definitely recommend. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Emma Woods
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love them

I loved both books . I loved the people and the heart of the story . I really like how they high issue real people have in life and relationship and with mental health. Would recommend this book to anyone ,
Charlene
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy this one. I preferred Hux's story more, but Chance grew on me. Really curious for Mase.
JB Heller is an average Aussie housewife in her early 30’s with a wicked sexy imagination. JB and her family live in Central Queensland, Australia on a mini farm of sorts, surrounded by animals.

She writes both romantic suspense and contemporary romance with a healthy splash of wit. You'll love her dashingly handsome alpha hero's and their feisty counterparts. Then swoon over her beautifully damage

Moments (2 books)