Start by marking “Lost in Deception (Lost, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lost in Deception (Lost, #3)

Lost in Deception (Lost #3)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Private investigator Esmeralda “Peach” Morales watches in horror as the crane her uncle is operating topples into Lake Erie. He disappears and she’s convinced he’ll be the scapegoat. She’ll do anything to prove he’s innocent. Seducing the lead investigator is just part of her strategy, at least that’s what she tells herself.

Thomas Riley is at Elderberry Farm when he learns
ebook
Published July 31st 2017 by Entangled Publishing (Select Suspense)

To ask other readers questions about Lost in Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in Deception

Elaine
The story starts with Peach Morales going to give her uncle his lunch. She stops en route, talking to him by phone and watching him operating the huge crane. She videos it to share with her grandfather, not expecting to record the crane toppling over into the near Lake Erie . . . . She knows it isn’t her Uncle’s fault and is determined to put her skills as a private investigator to use to help discover who is and to prove her Uncle innocent . . . .

Thomas Riley is a forensic investigator who is c
Hannah
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Esmeralda Morales, call her Esmeralda at your own risk it's Peach, is a badass private investigator former Air Force staying with her grandfather while she gets stuff sorted in her personal life. She was watching and on the phone with her uncle, a seasoned and expert crane operator, when something went horribly wrong and the whole thing crashed into the frigid lake. Peach has a feeling it wasn't an accident and after over hearing the boss say he's going to lay blame on her uncle Peach
Elizabeth Neal
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Esmeralda (Peach), a private investigator, is devastated as she watches the crane her uncle is operating tip over, sending it and her uncle into Lake Erie. She just knows all the blame will be placed on him, and that's something she will not allow to happen. Her plan? She'll seduce the lead investigator, thereby allowing her to be close to him as he uncovers information. Yes, that's why she's doing it...man, she can't even really convince herself that's her sole reason.

Thomas, a forensic investi
Nellie Rivera
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. This was the third in the series, and it was enjoyable. This book was about Tom, who was a nerd in a gorgeous packet. Tom was hired by an old friend of the family to investigate an accident, while doing so he meet Peach, an ex military bad ass chick. Peach is also investigating the accident, but she is out to prove that her uncle was not responsible. Tom and Peach are combustible together, Peach was a trip, and we get to read about the rest of th ...more
Didi
To say I had issues with this book is an understatement. I liked the idea of the story with the sabotage and embezzlement, also the forensic engineering investigation and sleuthing that followed. Yet somehow the writing style didn't agree with me. The plot ran in every directions and the characters making wth moves that just felt out of context with the story.

I'm known to jump into an ongoing series, be it penned by familiar or new-to-me authors. But I don't think the bafflement was due to this
Bec - Book Magic: Under a spell with every page Reviews

Esmerelda 'Peach' Morales is determined to find out what happened to her uncle after she witnesses the crane he was operating topple into Lake Erie. Determined to make sure her uncle isn't blamed for the terrible tragedy, she'll investigate until she has the answers. Tricking forensic investigator, Thomas Riley, to get information shouldn't be a problem, but the more time she spends with him, the harder she finds it to deny there's something more between them than her using him. Will they be abl
books are love
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Tom and Peach have pasts that have them want to flee from the idea of love. For Tom he was burned for Peach it is a culmination of many people.

Tom is a strong smart guy who needs someone like Peach to break his barriers. She was smart, sassy and stubborn. She was also independent. She didn’t need someone so if she was with you it was because she wanted to be.

Peach and Tom were both after the same thing when they meant. Finding out the truth behind a horri
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Esmeralda, aka Peach, Morales is a private investigator, who is currently staying with her grandfather in order to put her life back together. While she goes to give her uncle some lunch one day, she sees a deadly crane accident that left several more injured, and her uncle missing. When she learns that her uncle is being blamed, she puts her PI hat back on to prove that he's not at fault. Thomas Riley is at Elderberry Farm when he learns of the accident, and he goes to investigate, as the foren ...more
Lynn Reynolds
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating; 4.5 Stars

Esmeralda “Peach” Morales sees something she doesn’t ever expect to see. She shows to what lengths some people will go to for family – do not try this at home. But the story is about the love of family and that can be tried at home. The scene is one that will grab the reader’s attention. Tom Riley is a man that likes to solve puzzles.

We get to find out about who Tom is as a man and what shaped him into what he is now. But I found that I was more curious about Peach and what see
Victoria Bunce
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance, romantic suspense
Shelves: reviewed
Please note: I received a copy of LOST IN DECEPTION from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the publisher and author.

FIVE STARS! Here’s why:

Anita DeVito wrote a sassy and smart romantic suspense that kept me turning the pages until the very end! Peach is a private investigator who will go to extremes to clear her uncle’s name from a tragic crane accident at a construction site. She hooks up, literally, with Tom – the engineer hired by the construction company’s owner to sol
Linda Quick
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! Peach is a sassy and clever private investigator that watches her uncle fall from a crane in a tragic accident. Tom is the engineer called by the company's owner to investigate the accident and determine what happened. Peach begins her investigation by eavesdropping and snooping, leading to some very entertaining scenes....and one totally trashed hotel room. I loved the interactions between Peach and everyone else. She's the type of character you'd love to have as a friend.

This
Caro
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: t
3.5 stars.

We have Peaches and Tom trying to find out the truth about a construction accident for their own reasons, and finding themselves in the middle of a big mess, lol.

The thing is, though I liked both these characters, I felt they were a little all over the place; particularly Peaches, going back and forth. I got why, but I got tired of it and just wanted them to make up their minds.

It was still a fun read, action packed with some surprises.

*Thank you to Entangled Publishing for providing a
Katrina Berry
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy habanero, now that was one hell of a romantic suspense! DeVito splendidly balances the heat, drama, suspense and action with Lost in Deception, bringing this original storyline to life...not to mention it really sets it apart from other reads out there. A must-read!

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
Amanda
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

I would like to have given Lost in Deception 4.5 stars.

Many of the events in the story seemed far-fetched, but it was still an entertaining book and I enjoyed it. I haven't read any other books from this series yet, but I am planning to go back and read them now.

You don't have to have read any other books in this series to enjoy this one, though I suspect there are some spoilers in here for the other books if you haven't read them yet.
Tami
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: devito-a
3.5

Interesting intrigue along with some good action was found at the heart of this romance. Nice read.

The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
DNF: I just couldn't get into this one.
Rebecca
Will Griesmer
Rachel Griesmer
Rita Wray

Lost (3 books)
  • Lost in Tennessee (Lost, #1)
  • Lost in Shadows (Lost, #2)