Start by marking “Vengeance From The Dark (D'Vaire #3)” as Want to Read:
Vengeance From The Dark (D'Vaire #3)

Vengeance From The Dark

(D'Vaire #3)

A thousand years. That’s how long Chieftain Lorcan of the Acwellan has waited to have his vengeance. At last his mate has distanced himself from the sanctity of the magic stealing stones the Cwylld elves are notorious for and finally Lorcan can end his miserable life. It is no more than he deserves after abandoning Lorcan and igniting a war between their people which has ...more
Published June 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Vengeance From The Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengeance From The Dark

Start your review of Vengeance From The Dark (D'Vaire #3)
Blaine ToraTsume
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read a lot of books. On average 300-500 new books a year and it is rare for a book or a series to throw me so off-balance as the D'Vaire series. If not for Kindle Unlimited, I probably wouldn't have even touched Grand Redemption. This series alone makes Kindle Unlimited a great choice.

These books are something magical. Do they have mistakes or moments that take me out of the story? Yes and that's the only reason none of them are 5 stars for me. But you know what? Each book is getting better
JoAnn
This is steadily becoming a new favorite series.

Spoilerish below, but what I’m going to say is explained early in the book.

Two mates ripped apart after only a year together. One feels he’s been betrayed and starts a war in revenge that ends up annihilating his own people. He spends the next THOUSAND years plotting how to locate and kill the mate that betrayed him.

The other was actually betrayed by his own people, after a spell is placed on his back he is not only blind but has no memory of his
Deeze
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
The first 3 quarters of this one were very enjoyable, and that's why this one gets 3.5 stars. I loved learning the hows and whys regarding Edion/Talfryn.

Cadlyr was also an interesting character and I enjoyed the insight we had of him.

I did find myself questioning things too often though. For example (view spoiler)
Zane Kage
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
D'Vaire is a fantasy series with each book focusing on a pair of mates that are fated. Talfryn and Lorcan are the fated mates in this book, and boy do these two elves have to work for their happy! Thankfully their stumbling path is my entertainment. With a captivating story and sharp, witty dialogue/banter, Vengeance was impossible for me to put down.

This author. These characters. This world building. I just cannot get enough. I swear, every book in this series is my favorite, at least until I
Hillary
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dragon-bam
I really enjoyed this addition to the D'Vaire series! I won't post any spoilers, but I really enjoyed how this author deviates from the typical "insta-love" storyline of Fated Mates! She still makes an emphasis that the characters still have a choice in their fated partners, which I really enjoy. It makes for good interaction and conversation between the main couple. It was also wonderful to see characters from her previous books again! While this technically can be read as a standalone, you'll ...more
llv
Rating: 4 stars
Another good book in the D’Vaire series. I really felt bad for both of the MCs and what they went through. Though I must say I couldn’t understand Lorcan’s obsession with blaming Talfryn. It seems to me he was way too quick to believe the lies for someone supposedly happily mated and once they were reunited his stubborn refusal to hear the truth was baffling. I think that is my major criticism of the book. The two MCs took way too long to finally get together. Still, I did enjoy
Michele Evans
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!

This series just gets better and better. It is impossible to put down and always leaves you with a good feeling of happiness! In this book, the most recent addition to the dragon family is the blind elf, who is actually the mate of a demon hybrid elf under a black curse that was placed against him. His mate, outraged to have been abandoned has no idea it was not of his mates own choice to leave. They have a rocky start and a lot of hurdles to jump, but they get their second
Denise White
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good.

I'm s glad I stuck with this series after reading book 1... This series gets better with each book and couple... I adored this couple as well and was sucked into the story from the beginning .... I also love how the author introduces us to fabulous new characters... Off to book 4
Melodie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Fascinating world

Somehow I started with this book even though it's the 3rd in the series . There are whst I assume are minor spoilers for the earlier books.
I felt this book had a little too many words. It started to feel repetitive. But a good story and excellent character development .
Stella Gladden
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book...

What a romantic ending, this was such a beautiful story, from revenge and hate, come love and forgiveness. That's what they found, I am so happy to have read this third book of D'Vaire series. I can't wait to read the next book, to see what adventure awaits them. I highly recommend this series.
Pandora  Phoenix
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book... just felt... contrived. Like the sulking that could have been cleared up in a page or two stretched out over 75% of the book, hashed and rehashed in mental reflections by the MC. I'm invested in the story in so much as I have already read this far so I am currently downloading book 4.
I'm somehow hoping the writing style improves the further the author gets into the series.
Julia - Books, Bunny & me
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: july-2019
Hardheaded men doing the grunting man thing and not listening.

It wasn't bad, it was just annoying how this chieftain wouldn't listen to his mate. The guy went through enough already, give him a break.

There were still great elements to this book, again the magic and the family aspects.

I did continue on with the series, this was just not one of my faves.
Tiffany
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These just get better

This series has been a wonderful surprise. We pick up new characters each book while still keeping an eye on ones we loved. So glad our two elves found their love again.
Carolyn Elias
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hatred and lost love...

Lorcan and Talfryn began their mated life blissfully and so much in love. Then loss, war and hatred infiltrated their lives. This outstanding story of strife, betrayal, and love will bring tears to your eyes as you read their story. Outstanding series!
Christie
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

I love the series and I reread the first two books before I started this one. Still love it!!! Can't wait for more adventures and craziness of the entire court. So grab a copy and read it. Happy reading!
Tony Williamson,jr.
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An awesome series!

This series gets more exciting with each book. Great world building and a cast of characters that you will both love and hate. Oh, I still love Renny!
DeWanda
Jul 20, 2019
Rlcwt9
Mar 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • Azaran (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #1)
  • Give Him Hell (Hellhound Champions #3)
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Malachite (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #4)
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One, #4)
  • Next to Nothing (The Chosen One #3)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Wild Magic (Triad #4)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
Jessamyn Kingley lives in Nevada where she begs the men in her head to tell her their amazing stories which she dutifully writes it all down in what has become a small mountain of notebooks. She falls in love with each couple and swears whatever book she wrote last is her absolute favorite.

Jessamyn is married and working toward remembering to start the dishwasher without being distracted by the

D'Vaire (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Dra'Kaedan's Coven (D'Vaire, #1)
  • Sentinel's Dagger (D'Vaire, #2)
  • Resurrection of the Fallen (D'Vaire, #4)
  • Rise of the Lich Sentinel (D'Vaire #5)
  • Fall of the Arch Lich (D'Vaire #6)
  • The First Sentinel (D'Vaire #7)
  • Disregarding Fate (D'Vaire #8)
  • Irresistible Indigo (D'Vaire #9)
  • The Summoner's Path (D'Vaire #10)
  • Becoming D'Vaire (D'Vaire, #11)