Start by marking “The Parable of the Dumbass” as Want to Read:
The Parable of the Dumbass

The Parable of the Dumbass

Each of us has a dream, and we all know how long, hard and tricky the path to achieving it can be. So it may be wiser to not even start … However, some choose to give it a try. And they go because something pushes them not to give up when obstacles pop up: the examples of those who have made it. They're there on TV, happy and smiling, exhibiting the reward for their sacrif ...more
Published June 22nd 2017 (first published April 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Parable of the Dumbass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parable of the Dumbass

Start your review of The Parable of the Dumbass
Stacey
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You've got a dream, a passion? To achieve that you can't sit idly and wait for it. It takes work, a lot of hard work. Faith only takes you so far and helps out when the chips are down, but then you better get back to focusing on making that dream come true.

After finishing this super short parable, sit back and think on it. How's that dream of yours coming along? Don't be a dumbass. You can do it.

Thank you Antonio Scotto di Carlo for this free download!
Majenta
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short, sharp, and may inspire you to give Bunyan's PILGRIM'S PROGRESS another try.
emma
Jun 24, 2017 added it
Shelves: short-story
I had the honor of helping Antonio edit this quirky, satirical short story. Needless to say, I'm slightly biased, but I think it's pretty good! :)

If you have a free moment, please consider checking this out and leaving a review. The story is only ten pages, and Antonio has provided the free download links in his review here.
Roopkumar Balachandran
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Superb short story with a twist at the end. I enjoyed reading.
Jessica Ann
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick and fun read. I was pulled into the journey of the "Dumbass" and it was enlightening. And the end was EPIC!
Antonio Scotto di Carlo
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Essendo io l'autore di questo racconto, approfitto di questo spazio per postare un commento ricevuto su Amazon:

Un'originalissima riflessione sul valore dei sogni, su chi li abbandona alla prima difficoltà, chi coltiva ma alla fine lascia perdere, chi li insegue davvero e si gioca il tutto per tutto per arrivare fino in fondo.
Una piccola perla da leggere e rileggere, non solo perché scritta benissimo, ma anche perché credo che ognuno vi possa trovare un per
Majenta
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breve, affilato, e puo farti volere dare un altro tentativo al PILGRIM'S PROGRESS (Bunyan). Perche no?
Ann
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This parable is sure to strike a chord with many readers following a dream. It packs a powerful message into a few pages and almost ends on a note of indomitable hope, only to falter (? ) — not sure, but I think the author could have done better at that crucial point. Nevertheless, he handles language well and shows creative promise that deserves recognition. I wish him well as he waits (but not idly) at the threshold of his Eldorado.
Denise H.
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** A very thought provoking parable. ***
Parable: a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.
I have read it three times. At the conclusion of each time, I just smile ! ENJOY !
==========
Un pensiero molto provocante parabola. Parabola: una breve storia allegorica progettata per illustrare o insegnare qualche verità, principio religioso, o lezione morale.
L'ho letto tre volte. Alla conclusione di ogni volta, ho solo sorridere! Godere!
=
Kimberly Hicks
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: Black Butterfly
Shelves: read-on-kindle
For such a short story, it packs a huge punch! Ouch! This story resonates with me on so many levels because I’m that dumbass that dares to dream. In this story, you have the dreamers, the believers, the faithful, the marchers, the quitters, the movers, the skeptics, and the ones that have self-doubt and eventually succumb to giving up.

I’ve been all those emotions plus some. Think about the dreams you’ve had or still have. How many of you have the balls to see your dream through? Dreams can be ac
A Penna Rossa blog
Un racconto intelligente e ben scritto , che fa riflettere profondamente: vale la pena o no partire determinati e tenaci all' inseguimento del grande Sogno, anche a costo di voltare le spalle alla realtà?

Rossella Romano
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un racconto poetico, che al di là di quel che il titolo porta a pensare, esprime un concetto profondo: la lunga ricerca di chi, a dispetto di tutto e tutti, continua a vivere inseguendo il proprio Sogno. Molto accurato nel lessico e colmo di immagini evocative e potenti, lo consiglio.
P.S. Winn
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting read. As readers are taken into a story that tells of a never ending search for a dream. I like that the author makes readers think and delves into an age old question of will you find what you dream about and when you do, what will it really be? The author has a unique, inviting writing style that is reader friendly and makes for a quick, but compelling read.
Ylyth Maeve
Deliziosamente dissacrante, spietato.
Ho apprezzato l'ironia e il messaggio a doppia lettura.
Kelly Rhodes
It was okay

Nothing profound about the book. It was just okay. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It was short so I didn't waste much time while reading it.
Romaine Heart
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone has a dream or a goal in which they desire to achieve. With faith and determination, a daredevil will do what it takes to suceed. Whereas a naive person dreams, but does not follow through.
Are you naive or are you a daredevil?
A beautifully written parable.

La Parabola del Dumbass

Ognuno ha un sogno o un obiettivo che vuole realizzare.
Con fede e determinazione, un temerario farà di tutto per riuscirci.
Mentre una persona ingenua si limita a sognare.
Sei ingenuo o sei un temerario?
Una par
Claudio
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Questa è una breve parabola che racconta il cammino di un idealista all'inseguimento d'un sogno, le difficoltà incontrate e i blocchi, fin quando non si rende conto che per alcuni i sogni sono del tutto impossibili da realizzare, compreso per lui, sopratutto se si continua ad essere idealisti. Arrivare a questa conclusione lo porta a maturare e a perdere quella sua naturale ingenuità che l'aveva portato a credere all'esistenza di qualcosa di superiore. Questa è una parabola ironica ma amara sull ...more
Adrien Julious
Eh

Interesting short story about chasing your dreams and having faith. I liked it enough especially the ending but it wasn’t soul shattering like a lot of the reviews lead me to believe it would be.
Deb Diem
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
The Parable of the Dumbass by Antonio Scotto di Carlo is an interesting little book. It's so short it's hard to write a review, so I'll just say it was a well-written short story. And yes, I felt sorry for the dumbass.

I voluntarily read a free copy of this book.
Francesco Martini
Una bella idea. Stop.
Black Butterfly
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: Author

THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS A LONG AND TEDIOUS JOURNEY, LOOKING FROM THE OUTSIDE IT MAY APPEAR TO HAVE HAPPENED QUICKLY. NOT SO! A SHORT VERY DEEP AND MOVING, TRULY A BEAUTIFUL READ. I HOPE YOU REACH ELDERADO, I REALLY THINK YOU’LL MAKE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALL READY. ONE BIG THING YOU DO HAVE IS TALENT. GOOD LUCK! ;D
THIS WAS FREE ON AMAZON.
Marialetizia Faragò
Mar 07, 2017
Marian Schwartzbart
Dec 05, 2016
I'm an Italian Author because I was born in Italy, so I must be Italian. Then I happened to write a couple of novels, so I started to call myself an Author. Eventually, I dared to have them translated in English... so here I am :)