Start by marking “Secrets of the A-List (Episode 1 of 12)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the A-List (Episode 1 of 12)

Secrets of the A-List

(Secrets of the A-List #1)

A billionaire on the verge of death. And his family? In free fall…

Published September 3rd 2017 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the A-List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the A-List

Dash fan
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
5☆ Intriguing, Mysterious, full of secrets.

Secrets of the A List is the 1st instalment of 12 parts.
Wow what a first instalment. Plenty of Secrets, Lies, Power, Hidden Agendas, Secret Passionate Liaisons and a Possible Attack.

The Marshall family hold alot of power and wealth and are not people to be crossed.

So when head of the family Harrison is involved in a very serious car crash. He's left fighting for his life. With no one around to say what happened.
Leslie
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is part 1 of 12. So nothing is going to be resolved when you get to the end. I knew that going in and don't hold it against the book.

It is the story of a .1% family. Daddy is a billionaire hospitality mogul, Mommy is from an old,old,old, old California family. The eldest son is a plastic surgeon to the stars, son number 2 is a flighty gay decorator and the daughter is even a flightier party planner with a penchant for married actors. There is a cousin, who is Mom's nephew (??) a
Catherine
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This is one of those books that isn't quite 4 star material, but also not 3 stars. I wish there was half star rating because I'd definitely give it 3.5 stars.

Harrison Marshall and his family are part of the A-list, they are extremely wealthy and successful. We enter the scene as the family gathers at the hospital after Harrison is in a nearly fatal car accident. Suffering from serious injuries, tensions run high between his children. When Harrison is transferred to a private hospital without th
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the first of a dozen installments in the story - which will be passed around for different authors to complete, which I think sounds like a fascinating idea.

I have recently read a couple of slow release books, and much to my surprise found that there is something rather magical about repeatedly getting short bursts of information about an unfolding drama. I guess that should not be a surprise, given that Dickens, Thac
Coco.V
Jan 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/8/2018)! 💝
Michelle (Michelle's Book Ends) Shealy
"The Fixer had no doubt that the Marshalls would rally together and face this challenge as a united front, but there was a strong possibility that the secretive nature of what they did would be revealed. No problem was unsolvable, however, as they proved over the years."..........

Harrison Marshall has been in a horrible accident. Harrison isn't just anyone, he's famous and rich, and hiding a few secrets. Seems his wife and three children, and nephew, have their own little secrets. ...more
Veronica
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The first episode in this 12 part series introduces to the main characters in the Marshall family. Harrison, the patriarch, has had a car accident and is in a coma. His wife and matriarch Mariella is trying to keep it together as her husband, the man she loves, is fighting for is life.

Their sons, Luc and Rafe who are very different and don't get along well and as tensions run high the end up fighting. No one can get in touch with their sister
Cora Tea Party Princess
Oct 23, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF.

This just wasn't quite my cup of tea, but I know some people who will love it, and will gladly let them know about it.
Kim
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, 2017
This first episode got me quickly hooked and desperate to find out more about the Marshall family. Following a bad car accident , Harrison is taken to hospital where his family gather, trying to find out more about his prognosis.
You can feel the tension between the brothers and the underlying resentment towards their cousin. Their sister is also hiding some secrets from everyone.
There are plenty of secrets being kept in this family and some of them seem to carry danger. The Fixer doe
Helen
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was really good I thoroughly enjoyed it so much going on this is going to be a great series can't wait for the next one to find out more bring them on.

MS Wood has started the series with a bang with characters that have such different personalities and there looks like there is going to be a lot of tension between them all. It will be very interesting to see how they all handle the journey.
Joan
I dnf'd at 60% : This is ghastly. Rich, spoiled, thoroughly obnoxious adults none of whom are believable. The mother is appalling, the daughter is even worse. I’m at 60% and it’s taken me less than five mins to read so this is a very short book.
Terri
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I must say for a short book, this uses way too many words. It is overly descriptive and could be even shorter. The “Fixer” is a person that I don’t understand. The family is a mixed up mess of rich, entitled people who need to figure themselves out! If the father didn’t get himself into an accident, I don’t think they would even be in the same place at the same time! I just couldn’t get into the story and identify ...more
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I started to read the first installment of it and while it has an interesting premise, I found I didn't identify with any of the characters. It seems like none of them has any redeeming qualities. I probably won't read the rest of the installments.
Lace
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luisa Rivas
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Intriguing! Like the Dallas soap opera, a powerful family with secrets and whose members have rivalry and competition between each other. The family owns an empire that started in the catering business, then branched out into hotels, restaurants, etc. The patriarch, Harrison Marshall, came from poverty and worked relentlessly to make a name for himself. He married into the Santiago family, whose pedigree dates back to when Los Angeles belonged to Spain. Part of the reason he worked so hard was t ...more
AnnMarie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Secrets of the A-List is the first episode of 12 in the series titled A Secrets of the A-List Title. This particular episode is written by Joss Wood. Each following instalment will be written by a different author.

Harrison Marshall is the head of an A List family. He is involved in a serious car accident which leaves him in a coma fighting for his life in hospital.

His family come together at the hospital, but although they show a united front in the public eye, there are a lot of ba
Gigi staub
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley, arc
A billionaire on the verge of death. And his family? In free fall…

The wealthy Marshall family is untouchable. Or so they thought. But when a car accident puts patriarch Harrison in a coma, cracks appear in the family facade. It seems Harrison had an awful lot of secrets, and he’s not the only one. His wife, Mariella, and children, Luc, Rafe and Elana, not to mention nephew Gabe, all have things they’d rather keep hidden.

Enter a mysterious figure called the Fixer… Who is t
Adele
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Enter the world of the very rich and powerful with this new 12 part mini series. Harrison Marshall was lying in a coma battered and bruised following a serious car accident. His life was hanging by a fine thread and his loved ones including his wife Mariella, two sons and daughter are shocked and distressed. Emotions are raw and tempers are at breaking point. Harrison was the head of his empire, a self-built entrepreneur and he with his wife was the cog keeping the family turning, now one cog is ...more
Dmcl
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets of the A List is the first episode in a serial written by many talented authors. Episode 1 introduces the reader to the family of Harrison Marshal, as they gather at the hospital after his near fatal accident. They learn that there was more to their father's business than they knew. Even his wife and business partner, Mariella, was left startlingly in the dark. This other layer of Harrison's life is tinged with shadows and his partner in it, known only as The Fixer, is now calling the sh ...more
Sara
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama
I received a free ARC in exchange for a honest review via NetGalley and the author.
This book introduces us to the Marshall family. A an affluent and private family. When The head of the family, Harrison Marshall ends up in a coma in the hospital we're introduced briefly to his family members and some trusted employees. It was a quick read but a lot of information. I would compare this to one episode in a soap opera. The author gave just enough to have you wanting to know more.
This is the first
Fluff Smut & Murder
This series has potential to be fluffy and smutty along with the best of them! I'm not sure if I can wait the month or so between "episodes" as I may seem to forget what happened previously but I'm willing to give it a chance.

What I loved: So its got sex, money, power, fabulous lifestyles, a mystery person or 2, and drama. What's not to love?

What I didn't love: I'm not sure if having each episode written by a different writer is going to work - I'd rather hear one consist
Angelica
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, adult
A rich family and a horrible accident. Even money can’t hide everything. This is a lesson that the Marshall family will learn when their farther is in a coma and secrets are alive.

This was a short kind of novella. It was a fast read but a little drawn out. There are lots of point of views in this book which takes a little away from the depth the book could have. The change of view didn’t really allow me to get to know the characters as much as I would have liked. The characters are some what cl
Brenda
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first in a series of twelve episodes, we're opened with a scene from a tragic accident. While nothing is settled in this issue, we do see the family dynamics involved. We (and the family) get a couple of surprises, along with all the drama that ensues when large quantities of money are involved. I am looking forward to the other eleven issues. This was six chapters, enough to wet your appetite and leave you hungry for more. It had me drawn into the story from the first page. The writer has a ...more
Linda Joplin
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first episode/novella in a series of 12. First of all, there is a mysterious fixer introduced at the very beginning. Story involves an extremely wealthy family: dad is a hospitality/hotel mogul, mom comes from an important California family, oldest son is a doctor, youngest son hasn't settled on a career, and the daughter is engaged but fooling around on her fiance. When the dad is left comatose from a terrible car accident, the family gathers at the hospital. But they aren't all hap ...more
Izzie d
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I was a bit confused.
I hadn't quite caught on this is a serial of books, I saw 12 parts and thought it was 12 different stories in the series but it's not so beware for those who like reading a complete story in one go.
This is well written. It's about a family and it is unique as it deals with so many people, a bit like a TV show.
I did get a bit confused at the start, it talks about 'The fixer'.
There is family dynamic or non dynamic as is the case with some family members
Nancy
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Harrison Marshall has been in a horrific car accident. He is in the hospital but not knowing whether he will survive or not. Then without the family's permission he is moved to a private hospital and the family has no control over when they can see him or what his care will be in the future. They are completely at a loss as to what has happened. This episode sets the family characters and a clue to what has been happening that they have no idea about but all of a sudden they do not control any o ...more
Simera
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great start to a series. Episode one introduces us to the Marshall family. The head of the family Harrison has been in a serious car wreck. His family isn't sure if he will make it and what will happen to them. They each have their own issues and then they find out that someone else it calling the shots.
I received a copy from NetGalley for an honest review. I look forward to getting to know this family and seeing all that unravels.
Michele
Jul 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!! Don’t waste your time reading this series!!! I enjoyed reading this series until I discovered that at the end of episode 12 none of the mystery is solved! With no plans for further episodes this series (which was fun to read) has left me beyond disappointed! If you enjoy intrigue & sexy plots with no conclusions then go ahead and continue with this series that leaves all questions unanswered!
Terry Hammoutene
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a short book but i learned alot about the Marshall family. The story begins with the patriarch of the family having an accident and is in the hospital. Which puts "the fixer" into action. Throughout the whole books I was dying o know who this said fixer was. On the other hand the drama in this family is crazy and I can't wait to read the next episode.

** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
Melanie Cesa
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, this is an intriguing start to this new serial. Secrets, lies, affairs, money, power, mystery. This short story sure packs a lot of info and sets up for much drama and excitement to come.

This family's world just had a bomb dropped on them at a very difficult time. This story is filled with lots of intrigue with what's happened thus far. Looking forward to seeing what will unfold in the next episode.
Joss Wood loves books and travelling— especially to the wild places of Southern Africa and, well, anywhere.

She’s a wife, a mom to two teenagers and slave to two cats. After a career in local economic development, she now writes full time.

Joss is a member of the RWA (Romance Writers of America) and ROSA (Romance Writers of South Africa.)

Secrets of the A-List (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 2 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 3 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 4 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 5 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 6 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 7 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 8 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 9 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 10 of 12)
  • Secrets of the A-List (Episode 11 of 12)