Start by marking “Faded Gray Lines (Carrera Cartel #2)” as Want to Read:
Faded Gray Lines (Carrera Cartel #2)

Faded Gray Lines

(Carrera Cartel Series #2)

4.7  ·  Rating details ·  125 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Love is the deadliest lie.

Leighton

I’m jaded. The truth is a bitter pill to swallow.
My first taste of love was my first betrayal.
Now, all I want is to start over, but they want my life.
Everyone says all’s fair in love and war.
Except I’m done playing fair.
I’m tired of turning my back on his darkness when it’s the light that always burns me.
I’ve danced with the devil. Now i
Published June 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Faded Gray Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faded Gray Lines

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_Faded_Teaser3
⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2 STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-28/6/18

So unlike a lot of other readers, I haven't read the previous book in this particular series and Know I managed to follow along fairly easily here there were still some instances where I was left feeling a bit out of the loop overall.
So I am going to go out on a limb here and say; though this can be read as a standalone as all the necessary components are present; reading the two books as a series makes more sense to me and would probably make the
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
Fifteen months ago I read Blurred Red Lines and LOVED it. Ever since then I have been dying to get my hands on book two. So was it worth the wait? Very much so. Did I enjoy it as much as book one? Well, not quite, but it was still a very enjoyable and solid read. The writing was excellent. It was well paced. The plot was engaging and kept me turning the pages. So why not 5-Stars? I am not a huge fan of secrets, or rather, secrets that are stretched out for almost the ent
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Faded Grey Lines is the 2nd installment of the Carrera Cartel.

How does the saying go? Blood is thicker than water, well let me say that Cora has proven in this book that Blood only makes you related, and loyalty makes you family.

Cora went above and beyond my expectations with this book. Blurred Red Lines was fantastic but this one is just magnificent.
This is Mateo and Leighton's story and hell what a story it is.

Leighton lands herself in a mess she didn't see coming, she calls her brother and h
Joy Westerfield
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg! What did I just read! I wish I could give this book a 10+ star review! I have been anxiously awaiting this book to come out. Yes, you can read this as a stand-alone, but some of the characters in this book were in Blurred Red Lines, so you might want to check that out as well as it is also an amazing read. But back to FGL, this book is definitely my top read of 2018, hands down, no doubt! The story of Mateo and Leighton blew me away. The chemistry between these too is “off the roof” Hotness ...more
Tami czenkus
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***** One of my TOP 10 READS thus far!! *****
Just when I thought I knew what I was getting into with reading Faded Gray Lines, Cora Kenborn tosses my world on it's head and sucks me into the vortex of Mateo and Leighton world!!
To say that this was an emotional rollercoaster would be the largest understatement of the century!!
Hmmm Where to begin.. I don't think I can say too much without spoiling for others so I will just say that The Carrera Cartel Series is an absolute MUST read and even th
Soraya Naomi
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clearly, I absolutely adore mafia stories with a hot, possessive alpha, and Cora Kenborn had me on the edge of my seat with this enticing second chance romance. From the beginning, her writing style sucked me in and didn't let go as twists and turns were thrown at me. An "unputdownable" romantic suspense is a story where I can't turn pages fast enough - well, I got five hours of sleep and read this in one night...And I regret nothing! The descriptive writing is a perfect world-builder, and she's ...more
Doris
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+++ This is one of those books that had me up until 3:30a.m. because there was no way I could put it down. The Carrera Cartel series is one that will leave you so tied up in the characters that you will have a book hangover like non other. Ms. Kenborn has done an exceptional job in creating people that leave a mark on you.

Be ready for some twists and turns that will leave you crazy, betrayal like no other, love given another chance and the darkness of the underworld. This was an exceptional re
☆Tweety ☆
"Faded Gray Lines" is the second book of the Carrera Cartel series, and it tells the story of Mateo, Val's most trusted man from "Blurred Red Lines". When I read that book, I saw potential in him because he is not the typical cartel guy. He has a sweet edge to him, and I wanted to know more about his personality and who would he like.

You don't need to have read "Blurred Red Lines" to read this, but there could be spoilers if you haven't read it.

Mateo didn't have it easy, and he arrived to the r
Michelle Dunklee
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! BOOK HANGOVER HARDCORE! Absolutely love Mateo and Leighton's story, Mateo is literally the Carolina reaper of men sweet baby jesus have spare underwear handy while reading this story he's a panty melter. Leighton at first I was skeptical ehhh you don't deserve the hotness of Mateo, but alas this author spun this mind numbing, intense, sexy, humorous story that I'm still spinning over, can not wait for Brody's story
Sassy Southern
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh god I feel like I just binge watched a series on Netflix! That was an amazingly story-the first I’ve read by this author, and i must admit I was totally and completely engrossed in the story. I can’t remember the last time I lost myself so completely in a world created by an author-but it was just too thrilling of a story to not want to be running right along side the characters.
I do believe I guessed the secret correctly when Leighton first started dropping hints- I’d like to say I’ve pretty
Crystal
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-arcs
Faded Gray Lines is the second book in the Carrera Cartel Series. It CAN be read as a standalone novel, but seriously, get Blurred Red Lines, it is so worth the read!

I am going to be honest, after Blurred Red Lines, I wasn't truly interested in Mateo's story. I was just hoping to get Brody's story LOL. However, once I begin a series I am invested and will finish to the very end. Man am I glad that I did! This book was explosive! Just as Blurred Red Lines did, this one just starts with a bang. T
CoffeeMom Hodges
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this story, old friends and new come together, Mateo and Leighton were perfect together.
Mateo...mmm....alpha all the way. I love a good dark romance, but wow what a read!!! Cora Kenborn has done it again. Faded Gray Lines kept me glued to my seat as I embarked on a journey into the Carrera world. Readers have been anticipating Mateo's story and they are in for one epic ride. Great story, great characters, good pacing and just the right mix of angst, comedy, plot twists and suspense to k
Jamie
Faded Gray Lines
Carrera Cartel #2
Cora Kenborn

Do you ever read a book so good that you're not sure you'll be able to write a proper review? Faded Gray Lines was such a phenomenal read that I feel my words may fall short... Kenborn's writing is definitely at its peak, she has a way of drawing you into the story and keeping you there for a long time, her characters seep into your soul and consume your thoughts. I love books that make me feel, and you get that with Faded Gray Lines--all the feels.

I
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
After reading the amazing Blurred Red Lines with Val and Eden I was excited to read Mateo's story in Faded Gray Lines. I liked Leighton and Mateo's story and felt like their chemistry and backstory was fiery and compelling!

Leighton and Mateo had an enjoyable story. I loved their connection and the fact that they had such a heated history. I loved how dominant and protective Mateo was. But there were times I was lost amongst all the secrets. I felt like there were so many hidden agendas and secre
Janice Kidd
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faded Gray Lines is the second book in a trilogy, however, it can be read as a stand-alone. This is one of those books that you will not want to put down. Mateo and Leighton's story has all the feels. It kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the end.

I will definitely read this story again. Do yourself a favor and get your copy today!
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faded Gray Lines is the second book in the Carrera Cartel series, and it was an intense, explosive addition! Leighton is in over her head, and she's on the run, leading her to Mateo Cortes, a blast from the past.

Both bitter with doubt and unresolved anger, they're full of emotional upheaval while trying to figure out each other's secrets. Who would come out on top? Their battle of wills was explosively steamy and so angst-ridden! Hidden agendas abound in this high-paced joyride!

This was one hug
J. Lynn
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the 2nd installment of the Carerra Cartel. They dont need to be read in order to know what's going on, but this author is brilliant diving into the mind of a known mobster. From hurt to pain to punishment, the author does NOT disappoint. Very well written and I loved every second, every twist and turn
Gina Burkart
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I don't even know what to say about this book. This book had me hooked from the first page tell the very end of. This book will have you on edge at all times as it is very dark and intense. This book was very hard to put down. This book I hope will be more to Mateo and stars story as this is a second chance of love. This book will show that trust and true love will have to over come the dark times.
Bonnie Mancuso
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A-MAZ-ING!!! Core does it again in this second installment of the Carrera Cartel series. Cora never ceases to amaze me with her work. Faded Gray Lines surpassed Blurred Red Lines, and I didn't think that was possible. Mateo & Leighton!!! OMG the whirlwind of emotions with these two!!! I couldn't put this book down, as usual with Cora's work. You don't necessarily need to read Blurred Red Lines first, but I'm sure you probably want too. This series is incredible.
Kelly C
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Faded Gray Lines which is the second book of the Carrera Cartel. This book tells Mateo’s story who we meet in the first book Blurred Red Lines and Leighton. When Leighton finds herself in some trouble she calls upon her brother for help. Once her brother advises her to return home, and lays eyes on Mateo, her life will never be the same again. With a past together and hot chemistry what will the future hold for Leighton and Mateo.
I highly recommend this book to all ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cheryl O'Harney (The Book Whisperer)
Title: Faded Grey Lines (Carrera Cartel Series #2)
Author: Cora Kenborn
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5/5

I received an arc of this book in return for an honest review.

Well, well, well... after reading Blurred Red Lines earlier this year and being left gasping for more I finally got my “Mateo” fix, and what a fix it was. It’s no secret that Mateo was my man in BRL but I honestly did not think Cora would be able to top that book, I mean c’mon it was Val “fkn” Carrera we’re talking about here,
Julie
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I’ve just finished Faded Grey Lines, and I feel like been I’ve through a wringer. I haven’t read the first book from this series, it’s not necessary as this story is a standalone, but Valentin has peaked my interest, so I will be reading Blurred Red Lines now.

The many twists and turns leave you guessing who to trust as this plot leads us on a rollercoaster ride of deceit, lies and misunderstanding.
The story grabbed me right from the start and on edge, turning the page faster to see what’s n
Teresa Lara
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say this is the best book I've read,this year.I love Mateo and Stars♡Amazing love story.Intense action packed twists.Sorry it ended.Need Brodys book .
Ann Kelly-Uhryn
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Cora Kenborn has knocked this out of the park. Every time I had to put the book down I cursed because I didn't want to adult, I wanted to keep reading. When this book was announced I was excited because I wanted Mateo's story when I read Blurred Red Lines, the first book in this series. The unexpected twists that were in the book kept me guessing, and I was even wrong with some of my guesses of what was happening. I have to admit that this is one of my top 5 reads of this year!
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mateo and Leighton's story was packed full of sexy hotness, endearing sweetness and the twisted, suspenseful plotlines that readers of the author come to expect. This highly anticipated book two of the Carrera Cartel immediately grabbed my attention and sucked me into their underworld. While this is a stand alone and can be read as such, I do recommend that readers start with book one, Blurred Red Lines, to know more of the other pivotal characters and their roles played.
Nancy
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic read!

After reading the first book in this trilogy, I just couldn't wait to read this. The characters and story line are rich and well developed. Loved Mateo and Leighton's story. Lots of twists and turns in this stunning romance.
Sue's Romance Reviews
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Faded Gray Lines by Cora Kenborn is page-turning, exciting and absolutely gripping.

Leighton is in the wrong place at the wrong time. She hears things that she should not know. Because of this, there is a body lying motionless on the floor.

Now she is between a rock and a hard place. Embroiled with the DEA and the Carrera Cartel, she must look out for herself and her family.

She seeks the aid of her brother, who tells her to pack her bags and move in with him.

Mateo is a criminal in the Carrera ca
Nicole Swan
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Mateo is everything. The man is DEVOURING, complex, intense and deep – once you taste him, you’ll want every depraved drop!

A very, very HOT, intense, and fast-paced read. Mateo is sent to clean up the mess after one of the Cartel's men’s sister kills one of their own…
But that's the least of his problems. Someone is hell bent on bringing the Carrera Cartel down, and a ghost from his past threatens to unravel this sexy, brooding, Cartel underboss. I’ve been over-amped with anticipation (drool may
April Symes
Faded Grey Lines is the 2nd installment of the Carrera Cartel. It tells the story of Mateo, Val's most trusted man from book 1 "Blurred Red Lines". Mateo and Leighton are that couple that is destined to be separated. Mateo is all tied up in illegal activities and would do anything for his boss which his boss knows and his boss will trust him with his life. Leighton is innocent, pure, untouched by evil , sweet, angelic—everything Mateo is not. But what might look like she has a perfect life isn’t ...more
Jos
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Underwhelming Stars!

OK, so I may be in the minority her and yes, I LOVED the first book but this book on Leighton and Matteo....was very disappointing:(

I just wasn't onboard with their storyline to being with and Leighton annoyed me!!!!! Matteo, well, I still loved him BUT again, I just couldn't;t connect or fully invest with other one of them sadly!

Ughhhh, I hate when I love the first book of a series only to be "let down" on the next book but this does happen even with the best. I plan to st
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I'm a southern girl living her dream. A writer of romantic suspense and contemporary romance fiction, my characters live in my head and won't leave me alone until I tell their stories, so I just obey them.

I create worlds with strong, sassy heroines, larger than life bad boys, and a lot of snarky banter.

Keep up to date on new releases as well as my works-in-progress or just hang out with me on soci

Carrera Cartel Series (2 books)
  • Blurred Red Lines (Carrera Cartel #1)