Start by marking “Empires of the Mind: Lessons to Lead and Succeed in a Knowledge-Base World” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Empires of the Mind: L...

Denis Waitley

Empires of the Mind: Lessons to Lead and Succeed in a Knowledge-Base World

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In order to succeed in business, people must continually reinvent their positions in the corporation. Empires of the Mind is the first book to show readers how to do exactly that. Denis Waitley offers personal strategies for self-leadership that are critical to getting ahead in today's lean global marketplace.
Hardcover
Published by Morrow, William Company In (first published January 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Empires of the Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empires of the Mind

Sandhya
Sep 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Liked the title of the book and the foreword seemed interesting so I bought the book. As always I appreciated my gut feeling of being right as always.
Its a fantastic book. it's about:
"Individual leadership and personal responsiblity is the call of the hour in this fast paced borderless world. Nothing is more important and urgent than integrity and wisdom today.
Its well stated and substantiated that empires of the future will not be built of walls of stone and concrete, turnet, armies and gat
Connor Fullam
I felt as if the title sections throughout this book were unnecessary, and at times made it hard to read the book. It almost feels like Waitley did not plan a single word he wrote, for the beginning of one chapter seemed to be on an entirely different topic from its conclusion. Although this book has no structure, Waitley does have some insightful things to say about life. This is not a book that's meaning stays constant over time. The best example of this is the paragraph that Waitley explains ...more
Keith
Feb 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This book languished on my shelf for over a decade before I realized that I hadn't quite finished reading it. So, I started over & read it through. I already had quite a bit of it highlighted. The last third of the book didn't get as many highlights.

There are lists in each chapter of suggested action steps. To my mind, the biggest action step is to plan, do, and don't take myself too seriously.
Olamide OPEYEMI
Div
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book with Great quotes. Every Story is drawn from real world. That makes you follow what do leaders do. Every Chapter has a set of dos and donts that would be great if you are looking for motivation from leaders
Marc
A book of Platitudes with very little substance. I gave it a star but still put it on the Turd Heap.
Rizwan Javid
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book for self development leadership qualities.
Tolga Yıldırım
öğrenmek istiyorum türkçe çevirisi olursa sevinirim
Merve
Aug 15, 2016
Scott
Aug 07, 2011
Damn
rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2015
Jul 25, 2015
Sunoj Mathew
Nov 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt: Do What You Love, Love What You Do, and Deliver More Than You Promise
  • Even Eagles Need a Push: Learning to Soar in a Changing World
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • You Can't Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
  • Leadership Jazz: The Essential Elements of a Great Leader
  • Trump: The Way to the Top: The Best Business Advice I Ever Received
  • Teach Yourself To Think
  • The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
  • Getting It Done: How to Lead When You're Not in Charge
  • Over the Top
  • Other Powers: The Age of Suffrage, Spiritualism, and the Scandalous Victoria Woodhull
  • The Pursuit of Wow!: Every Person's Guide to Topsy-Turvy Times
  • Macrowikinomics: Rebooting Business and the World
  • Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies
  • How To Get What You Want And Want What You Have
  • The Age of Unreason
  • Never Check E-mail in the Morning: And Other Unexpected Strategies for Making Your Work Life Work
  • A Better Way to Live
One of America's most respected authors, keynote lecturers and productivity consultants on high performance human achievement. 10 million audio programs sold in 14 languages, Denis Waitley is one of the most listened-to voices on personal and career success. A graduate of the U. S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, and former Navy pilot, he holds a doctorate degree in human behavior.
More about Denis Waitley