Start by marking “Encore” as Want to Read:
Encore

Encore

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
When shy programmer, Charlie, is dragged to a male revue show in Hollywood by his co-workers, the last thing he expects is to be pulled onstage. But when he’s approached by Ramon, a dancer whose only focus is to bring him pleasure, something awakens in Charlie that can’t be denied.

Heated attraction only goes so far however when one man dreams of true love and a life finall
285 pages
Published August 17th 2017 by Clampett Studo

To ask other readers questions about Encore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Encore

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Charlie lives in Los Angeles with his sister - Sasha is in a wheelchair after the accident that killed their parents.
By day he's a talented but very shy & geeky & awkward programmer and by night he's a guy who's creating his own apps and dreams of finally finding a man to fall in forever ever after love with.
But he doesn't think anyone would want to be with him - he doesn't see himself as this hot and cute gay guy. But he is.

Ramon is a barkeeper and dancer at a male strip club.
That's whe
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I haven't read anything by Ms Clampett before, haven't read the book Unforgiven or met the character Ramon, however this did not affect my reading at all, as this could be read as a standalone.

Charlie and Ramon's story is cute and adorable, with a little bit of drama and suspense thrown in for good measure.

I adore Charlie right from the start. There is something a little naive about him that just makes him all the more likeable. Plus, the way he looks after his s
Beneath The Covers Blog
Charlie is a geeky guy who has a problem with putting himself out there, until he meets Ramon, but the thing is Roman is a bartender/male dancer at an exclusive club who caters to women if you know what I mean. Can there be love or just nothing but lap dances?

I have read this author before, and it was another M/M book and I loved it, but unfortunately this one didn't do it for me. Charlie, oh Charlie, for most of the book he came off desperate. It was a little painful and awkward at times to rea
MillsyLovesBooks
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Encore is the newest standalone m/m romance novel by Ruth Clampett. This is the story of Charlie and Ramon with some great secondary characters. Charlie's life is busy, work keeping him the most occupied the other is his sister who he loves and adores but also lives with since she was in a car accident killing both their parents. He's shy and thinks of himself as geeky and that nobody would be interested in him. His self confidence is low the other problem is the fact that he hasn't been honest ...more
Cadiva
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
It's hard to get first person present tense right without the reader feeling they're just been told everything instead of being able to see it happening through the narrative.

I don't think this quite works all the time, we see far too much random thoughts from Charlie's and being in his head all the time, especially in moments where he's being a dick, is a bit wearing.

I swapped between wanting to tell him to get a grip and slapping him, he's not the most sympathetic of characters in my view and
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Interesting story. The nerd and the stripper. Interesting and a wee-bit hot. But, Ruth Clampett made it work and gave us a nice romantic story.
Charlie is not really sure what his sexuality is about. He knows women do nothing for him and has absolutely no interest in going to a strip club with the women from work but, he’s talked into going. Now, he couldn’t be happier that he went.

Ramon has a past that is both inspiring and terrifying. He’s had no interest in much of anything after his
Stephanie
DNF @ 19%

Charlie was way too insecure for me. It wasn't even in an awkwardly adorable way, but in a "this is making me uncomfortable" way. Then he shows up at Ramon's job the next night and the night after, and he wants to KEEP paying him for these dances? It was just awkward. Don't get me wrong, the dancing scenes were great, but everything else in between made me uncomfortable.

The real moment that i had to stop reading is when Charlie's co-worker and "friend" Kate (I think thats her name) tol
Laura ~Passion flower
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, arc
Encore (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Social Butterfly PR for an honest review.

"Through Fated Love and Dreams.."

As I sit here trying to wrap my head around the magnificence of the book that I have just read, I've come to the realization that I don't think there exits sufficient words to adequately describe just how incredible this book was. I will say with utmost certainty that this book is now one of my Top Books Read in 2017. It was an amazing read filled with absolutely gripping an
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Encore by Ruth Clampett
3.5 stars!!!

“What I’ve learned is that love isn’t about being practical and safe. Sometimes you just have to jump off a cliff and hope you fly.”

Ruth Clampett is a new to me author and this one was chosen as my first read because it is a M/M and I have not read enough of them lately and also because I loved the cover. I’m easily pleased! Ruth Clampett regales us with the story of Charlie, our little computer geek and Ramon (think Magic Mike) stripper. Polar opposites in
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
3.5 Stars

"Encore" was a M/M love story that brought together two completely different characters. Charlie was the sensible, slightly nerdy computer guy who needed someone to hold his hand on his journey of sexual awakening and Ramon, who I had already met in "Unforgiven", was the confident and sexy erotic dancer that seemed like the perfect man to help Charlie find his true identity.

"In the presence of this man, I have nothing to fight against,
and everything to surrender to."

I loved the pre
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review***

I can’t stop smiling as I write this, because I love Charlie and Ramon’s story so much!

Charlie is a computer programmer in LA. He’s a shy guy, usually keeps to himself, and tries to stay away from the dating scene. When his co-workers drag him out to a bachelorette party one night, at a strip club featuring male dancers, Charlie crosses paths with Ramon, the bartender at the club. Instantly captivated by the gorgeous young guy servi
Holly
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Encore tells the story of Charlie, the kind of awkward, shy type who doesn’t have any sense of who he is and Ramon, the off the charts hot erotic dancer as they meet and work towards a HEA. Charlie attends a bachelorette party with his work colleagues and ends up getting a dance from smoking hot Ramon, this forces him to face the reality that he is gay and he may have been missing out on living his life.
This is the first Ruth Clampett book I've read and I for sure didn’t hate it. Although I don
Jackie Wright
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ruth Clampett is a new author to me and omg what a first book I choose to read by her, I was blown away by this love story and if you love M/M romance this is a must read.
Charlie and Ramon come from very different backgrounds and are very different people, Charlie a shy programmer, Ramon a dancer at a male revue show but as they say opposites attract. Charlie is dragged along to the show by his female work colleagues and the last thing he expects to happen is for him to be pulled up on stage by
Elaine Pilkington
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an Arc in exchange for an honest review.
Once again Ruth has shown us her undeniable talent for writing the geek that we all want to know.
Encore is a stand alone novel that sweeps you in from the first chapter making it very difficult indeed to put down. It's fast paced chapters are filled with emotion, humour & compassion so beautifully written.
As with all Ruth's other books Encore is based in LA & I love how she succeeds in making the city as central to the book as the chara
Dara Nelson
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Parts of this story I adored. Charlie was sweet and smart and nerdy and hot and naive. While Ramon was, well, hot of course but there were things he did that confused me. I mean, he was smart enough to get his college degrees and yet he was so stupid when it came to Miami. Why? I get that he was stubborn when it came to opening his club on his own. But there's stubborn and then there's stupid, and he crossed that line several times. It was frustrating for me. But, overall this was a good story, ...more
Debbie
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are so many levels of awesomeness in this book, I'm not sure where to start. Ms. Clampett has written another winner. This book is not just a beautiful love story with depth and incredible characters, but in essence an ode to LA! I can't wait to see what comes next!
Michelle Rodriguez
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Encore is Ms. Clampett’s second book in the m/m genre. Many may or may not know, but Unforgiven was the first m/m Ruth Clampett wrote. For those of you that read Unforgiven, Encore is not as emotionally charged.

Charlie is a quiet and shy computer programmer, he’s also the sole caregiver to his younger sister, Sasha. Charlie somehow gets convinced to go to an all-male revue by his female co-workers.

While getting a very sexy dance from a beautiful girl, he’s not really feeling it until she switc
Girlfriend
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
Okay. First things first. Disclaimer: I DNF. I was flicking pages at 60%, gave up and closed the cover at 80%. Second disclaimer: Reviews are subjective and to each their own. The only book prior to Encore of Ruth Clampetts' that I've read was Unforgiven, a brilliant, angst filled dramatic love story. So, so good. So imagine my delight when a new M/M of hers novel hit the shelves.
Yeah, not so much.
So disappointed with this newest addition to her library. I was reading it and by chapter two I was
Tanja
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good love story about two men who couldn’t be more different. Charlie is a software programmer, a bit of a geek, who is dragged into a nightclub where one of his co-workers is having her bachelorette party. He has never had a boyfriend, isn’t even out, but he falls head over heels for Ramon, the sexy bartender/dancer. Ramon isn’t looking for a guy as he is still grieving over his lover’s death, but in Charlie, he sees something different.
This story is written in the present tense and I have to
Renee
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Charlie is a shy programmer who is dragged out to a male revue show in Hollywood by his co-workers. The last thing he expects though is to be pulled on stage by one of the hottest guys he has ever seen in his life. When Ramon dances for Charlie bringing him the greatest pleasure he has ever know, something awakens in Charlie that can not be denied. However heated attraction only goes so far and Charlie
MJ
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2017-books
Encore is a wonderful book. Ruth Clampett writes a beautiful tale of taking that leap for love when it might just be the hardest thing one can ever do. Both Charlie and Ramon are hesitant to take that one chance at forever love but the author manages to tell their story with a certain sexy charm that was utterly irresistible. There are plenty of stops and starts with these two and yet the computer geek and the erotic dancer were clearly made for each other. It wasn't with much surprise that thes ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
I'm going to say straight off that while I enjoy this authors books and her style of descriptive writing there is something that I can't put my finger on that stops me feeling fully connected with her characters. I feel like something is being held back and at times find them a little too much of the stereotype gay best friend trope. I'm hoping that with experience with the author I find I move past that opinion.

So onto the book. Charlie is a typical awkward geeky type working in the tech indust
K
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to another MM book from this author but I am really disappointed with Encore. Charlie comes across as very childish and insecure yet older when he takes care of his sister who is a paraplegic after an accident that resulted in the loss of their parents.

He's also a college graduate who has a very highly skilled and highly paid job but the timeline with his age didn't add up. And the co-workers. I had to go back and make sure I was reading about adults in their twenti
Lisa Marie / Words We Love By
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Charlie is in the closet. After losing his parents to a car accident that left his sister a paraplegic, his love life has taken a trunk to the self-imposed responsibility of being there for her and supporting the both of them. When he goes to a male revue strip club with some people from work, he finds the captivating Ramon who makes him re-evaluate his life.

Encore is a heartfelt, moving story of not only coming out but of making yourself a priority in your life. Ms. Clampett's characters are wo
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Encore is Ruth Clampett's second M/m Romance. I loved her first one, Unforgiven. So when I heard she was writing Encore I was so excited for it. In Unforgiven I fell hard for Jason & Dean. Their story totally consumed me. I was hoping for the same connection in Encore to Charlie & Ramon, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I felt so frustrated because I really wanted to be emotionally invested in them. However, their storyline did keep me entertained for the most part, except for a few s ...more
Claire Cronin
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Ruth Clampett, but I was intrigued and drawn in by the blurb and couldn't wait to read this!!

Charlie is a shy programmer who gets dragged to a strip club by his work colleagues, only to be danced to by the hottest guy he has ever seen, who has him more turned on than he's ever been in his life!! Ramon is the bar tender and occasional dancer at the strip club, but has lots of baggage with him, and is not looking for a relationship, while Charlie is looking for his HEA. C
E.M. Summers
Title: Encore
Author: Ruth Clampett
Series: standalone
Genre: romance
Themes: sex worker
Heat: 3/5
Rating: 3/5

I wanted to like this one a lot more than I actually did. It had a fantastic beginning, and a few points during which really piqued my interest and kept my intrigued, but unfortunately I had a few too many issues with it, which meant it took me longer than anticipated to finish. For me, it never became a book I was desperate to devour but remained one of what I term a 'backburner' book.

My most
Tabitha Willbanks
Shelves: arcs
*ARC Provided For An Honest Review*

Ruth Clampett is one of my favorite authors, and I was super excited to get an ARC of Encore. I absolutely adored Unforgiven, and when I heard Ramon was getting his own book, I was stoked! But unfortunately, Encore fell a little flat for me. I just couldn't connect with the characters. I just didn't feel the raw emotion between Charlie and Ramon.
When I read a book, I have to be invested in the characters, and I just wasn't when reading Encore.

When Charlie and
For the love  Of romance
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author and whilst I enjoyed the book, I didn't exactly love it. I love a good m/m story but i just didn't really connect with the characters in this one. One of the things that annoyed me a bit was not knowing the characters age. Then I just found it hard to get into Charlie's character. But I did want to see if they make it and I was glad I stuck until the end.
Charlie and Ramon meet at the strip club where Ramon works as a barman and stripper. Charlie is on a nati
Anima
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-romance
Clampett has found a new genre and she excels! This was a bit different from her first foray into M/M, less angst and far more maturity in her characters. Charlie has suffered greatly and is left to care for his paralyzed sister. He is innocent in the intimacy department but far wiser than most when it comes to programming or finance. Sasha is adorable and a sweetheart despite the challenges life has left her. Ramon is a stripper by night and dreamer by day, planning to open his own night club. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Ruth Clampett is a 21st century woman, aspiring to be Wonder Woman…now if she could only find her cape and magic lasso. Meanwhile she’s juggling motherhood, a full-time job running her own art business, and writing romance late at night. Travel is her second obsession after writing, and it’s enabled her to meet reader and writer friends all over the world. She’s happily frazzled, and wouldn’t chan ...more
More about Ruth Clampett...