Start by marking “When Houses Burn” as Want to Read:
When Houses Burn

When Houses Burn

Dr. Delilah Hedley is a well-respected Doctor of Psychiatry in a small, affluent city on the East Coast. Despite her professional success, Delilah is physically unable to have children, causing increasing turmoil in her marriage.

When Delilah begins seeing a new patient, a man previously accused of murdering his parents, a woman is simultaneously found dead in the river. As
Published August 15th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about When Houses Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Houses Burn

R.K. Gold
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not for the faint of heart, Delilah is a well-respected therapist with a troubled past and a disturbing home life. Throughout her career she has been able to successfully separate the shambles of her domestic life from her well-maintained business practice.

But what happens when she welcomes the beast in? That's the question this book has in store for its reader when she takes on a new, high profile client who has no problem being open with his therapist on just how dark his dark side can go.

Th
Carissa Hudgins
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thrillers
Im going to get it out of the way and say it now, this was the best book I have read by an author who has provided me a copy in exchange for a review so far. This is very well written, and well thought out, and has to be one of the better thrillers that I have read as of late. You immediately get sucked into the story, and it is very hard to put the book down once you get going, and that is exactly what I look for when I read from this genre.

read more of my review on carissareadsitall.wordpress.
Giorgiana
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
First, I wish to thank Lauren Lee for sending me her book in return for an honest review.
I have this book for a few weeks now, maybe two months (I should apologize for my lateness) but I really forgot about it. A few days ago, I found it while I was ‘cleaning around my digital library’, haha, So I start reading it. I finished it in less than 24 hrs.
If I should use just one word to describe it, it would be AWESOME. I am so mad at me right now because it took me so much to start reading it. It i
Kayo
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun book to read. It was entertaining and it kept you going all the way to the last page. Great job!
Emerald
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This twisted psychological thriller held me in suspense from the first page.
Skillfully written, When Houses Burn is the perfect read for fans of flawed, complex characters.
Dr. Delilah Hedley, a well-respected Doctor of Psychiatry, invites you into all aspects of her life for a chance to see the real, raw, and often dark things hidden behind the door to her office, house, and mind.
Looking forward to reading the rest of Lauren Lee's stories. I'm hooked!
Lisa
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“People don’t just grow apart. People let the distance in; sometimes, they even invite it.”

What. A. Ride.

This story. These characters. The craziness… *sigh*

The main character was so well written – so relatable - that I could feel every single emotion she felt,right down to my bones. Lee did such a fabulous job fleshing out Dr. Delilah Headley that I sort of felt like I’d quietly sidled up into her body and was just along for the ride. Her joys were my joys. Her sorrows, mine. Any anxiety she f
Rachel Renee
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really don't know how I completely feel about this book. It was a fast-paced, very exciting read. I didn't want to put it down because I had to know what was going to happen. It's the characters that I can't get a grasp on. Did I love them? Hate them? Fear them? I'm still trying to figure that out. If you want a book that will keep you in suspense, pick this one up. It will definitely do that!
Rebecca Austin
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-author
Dr. Delilah Hedley is a psychiatrist and unhappily married to James. Since she has been unable to conceive properly her marriage has been falling apart and James has been drinking more and more.

When Delilah meets her new patient, Lucas Finch, who may or may not have killed his parents things begin to get interesting. Delilah questions Lucas's innocence/guilt but she finds herself more and more fascinated with him.

But when Lucas discovers things that Delilah wants to keep secret how far will he g
Elizabeth Perrillo-Jenkins
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Lee's When House's Burn caught me by surprise. She builds suspense with her characters showing evils is not always black and white. I loved the book and all the twists. Staying up late to finish it because I couldn't put it down.
Shiloh
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, disturbing book and I freaking loved it! It had everything I love in a book. It was crazy, it was sexy and it was down right evil!! It was a little far fetched but I thought it ROCKED! Well done!!!
Terry Moskowitz
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delilah is a well respected psychologist but what happens when her patient starts mocking into her everyday life. Her life is going to hell and she doesn't like where things are heading. She knows she needs to stop this behavior but she can't. This leads to things you can not imagine.

This book will keep you on the edge of your seat. The story has twists and turns at every turn of the page.

** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**
Karla K Thompson
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well done. This is my first read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Lucas made my skin crawl. I wanted Delilah to smack James. And I loved how it ended. I have Running in Circles ordered.
Judy
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW

wow this was an exciting story! I loved it. First time reading this author will read more...Hope there are a lot more books
Michelle Austin
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

When Houses Burn was a great 5 star read.
Wow, where to start with this review. I’m still in a little bit of a headspace on what I just read.

We meet Delilah who is a psychiatrist with some of her own personal issues that she is dealing with. She gets a new client, Lucas he has been in the news recently for killing his parents. He challenges Delilah and turns her on at the same time. There is something dangerous about him but yet intriguing.

We go between pas
Bee
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(A copy of this review can also be found here: beautifulilies.wordpress.com/2017/07/31/when-houses-burn-by-lauren-lee/.)

It’s unbelievable to think there is this much talent in one author. This novel was so carefully crafted, and completely defied my own expectations – as Lee undoubtedly intended. Lee players on the readers’ assumptions really well to make the characters hugely complex and at the same time, suspiciously simple. I was caught out numerous times throughout this novel.

The plot is wil
Debbie Oxier
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I finished this book with mixed feelings, not all of them good. For one thing, I had a difficult time liking any of the characters. There's a major twist that makes that nearly impossible. However, I found it impossible to just put it aside and walk away. I see where it got several five star ratings but I just can't justify it. If anyone had any redeeming features about them I guess it would have been the good doctor, but the fact she hooked up with Lucas left plenty of room for doubt. I'm afrai ...more
Mary  Carrasco
rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2018
K.C.
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2018
Feb 19, 2018
Jen
Aug 09, 2017
Laurèn Lee
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Luke ( LUCI ) Peterson
Sep 27, 2017

• Shear Malice
  • The Beginning After
  • Left for Dead
  • Tärningen är kastad (Leona #1)
  • Under Her Skin
  • Dark Chapter
  • Sacred Signs & Symbols: Awaken to the Messages & Synchronicities That Surround You
  • Hell Will Rise (Bloodthirst Mafia #1)
  • Desert Remains (Gus Parker and Alex Mills #1)
  • Carry Me Home
  • Feel Me Fall
  • My Family
  • Anything But Extraordinary (Extraordinary, #1)
  • Life in a Northern Town: Cooking, Eating, and Other Adventures along Lake Superior
  • The One Eyed Pug
  • Lifted
  • Inspired
  • Quiet Phoenix 2: From Failure to Fulfilment: A Memoir of an Introverted Child
Laurèn Lee was born and raised in Buffalo, New York. She loves hockey, chicken wings and spending time with family, friends and her boyfriend. Reading and writing are her life’s passions and becoming an author is her ultimate dream. As a child, Laurèn became enamored with the Harry Potter series. As an adult, she loves psychological thrillers and mysteries with a twist.