Start by marking “Spy Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador)” as Want to Read:
Spy Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador)

Spy Night on Union Station

(EarthCent Ambassador #4)

Spy Night on Union Stationis is Book 4 of the EarthCent Ambassador series. The story picks up less than a year after the events of High Priest on Union Station, with Kelly coming to the conclusion that EarthCent needs an intelligence service. Of course, EarthCent has no institutional knowledge of what spies do, or how they work, so the new agency gets off to a slow start. ...more
Published December 12th 2016 by Independently published (first published January 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Spy Night on Union Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spy Night on Union Station

Start your review of Spy Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador)
Kara
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, humor

What if spying was low stakes? What if it was just another job, just another part of business and commerce, with no torture or killings? Everyone happy to share information?

The 4th in this sci-fi series is comedy version of the Bourne movies, a G-rated version of the Bond films, all of the spy troupes happily torn up and tossed into the air as confetti.

The humans realize they are a little behind the rest of the universe in the galactic spying arena and set out to set up their agency and spies.
Dave Weiss
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy these books. They are clean and really well written. In reading them, you an clearly see that Foner has a great grasp or science, socio political circumstances, psychology and a lot more. There is a lot of humor and wit in these books. I've read four of his books this year and E.M. Loner has yet to disappoint. This was a really interesting. This is not your basic science fiction but it hits in all the right places. Can't wait to crack open the fifth book.
Zachary
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun EarthCent book

Foner continues to deliver his short, sweet stories of Union Station. Though I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the last, it was still a lot of fun and he managed to wrap up all his various plot threads concisely at the end (as he usually does). I really do enjoy Foner's slightly zany sense of humor which lends a sort of fun chaos to his stories.

If you like the series, you'll enjoy this book, if you haven't read any of them, is highly encourage you to start with
Michael
As always, an enjoyable book in this series. It took me some time to get into the Lynx story and I kept wanting to get back to Kelly and her colleagues but once she had joined the team it became fun again.
shannon  Stubbs
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't too bad

Out of all of the books in this series, I have read, this one isn't my favorite. It was still cute and funny.
Robert Luff
Not quite as strong an entry as the previous books in the series, but still plenty of fun. Kelly and the original gang didn't show up until chapter 4 due mostly to the author introducing and developing new characters. But once he got them going, I enjoyed the new additions nearly as much as the originals. Foner also matured one of my least favorite characters from the earlier books, so that I really enjoyed reading about her, too. Really looking forward to the next installment, as always. This ...more
Groucho42
This one is almost a complete yawn. It's hard to believe the Earth government would be that inept and that Blythe, the kid, would be that brilliant. Then the plot really goes nowhere. The only saving grace is that some of the characters are developing and evolving and Foner does have a good turn of a sentence. It seems he was churning these things out and should have spent a bit more time on them.
Susan
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story introduces three new characters – two of them APs (artificial persons), which makes for a rather flat start compared to the previous books. As the EarthCent ambassador to Union Station, Kelly is trying to sell the idea of setting up a spy service. The fledgling organization gets off with a bang by setting up an espionage trade show and it is at this point that the story becomes as hilarious as any in the series.
Joe Pardue
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are very lightweight in so many ways, and that is exactly why I love them. Sort of like a delightful sitcom in space. I'm certain to be diverted without being grossed out or angered and that is a nice change of pace from all the too serious stuff I can't avoid.
Michelle Boyea
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I love this series but I wish the books flowed together better. While it is very important to read the books in order, I feel as if there is too large of a gap between books.

The characters are wonderful and easy to relate to. The plot lines are always engaging and funny.
Jennifer Linsky
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continues to be a fantastic series -- though it occured to me late in the book that Kelly and Joe could truthfully claim to be part of a Eugenics program organized by an Alien superintelligence. 8)
Christine Kostrubala
It can use a lot of fattening up where characters no longer become two dimensional. It is a fun reading but I wish I can feel into how the characters are thinking and feeling.
Josephine
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never new starting a spy agency could be so funny.
Eric
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun series to read

The bureaucracy of space is an interesting setting for a sci-fi series that is well done. Nothing Nobel worthy but a fun read.
Chelsea
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick, funny reads

These are great books for when you need a light-hearted, entertaining escape. I usually devour a book or two in one sitting when I read them.
Patrick
pretty light on plot even for these books.
Matthew
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite one so far. Not to mention it is the funniest as well. I couldn't count how many times I burst out laughing.

This time we get to have fun with a new character in the form of a spy. A few past characters (Kelly included of course) get the next steps in their storylines. And we also get a glimpse into other worlds and other ambassadors.

Yep yep, this is a great book, I recommend it.
Stacey
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, unlimited, scifi
Human double agents wanted.
I started this series on a whim. At about 180 pages a book, they are shorter than I usually read because books that short feel a bit too fast paced for me. That said the fast pace suits this lighthearted, amusing, sci-fi series. It reminds me of the series Babylon 5 in it's setting, but with the benevolent but rather nosy Stryx running things and humans being at the bottom of the alien pecking order. I do like that as a nice change from 'humans dominate the galaxy' or
Roland Flynn
An affable, light read. Not much plot.
Eric Warren
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the previous

It's basically just a story about setting up a spy agency with some humorous parts but I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous books because it didn't really have too much of a plot to it. Good for the most part but not my favorite one of the series.
Jacque Holst
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are fun sci-fi. A new reading experience, a change of pace. Being the new kids in the universe it's a learning curve for the humans. They're fast learners. The kids have set up a baby setting service that is making them rich. The aliens love the service, why didn't anyone think of it eons ago? The Stryx are sending their youngsters? does that work for intelligent artificial life? to school with the human kids, it seems to jump start their creativity and imagination. In fact, although it's ...more
Kathy Bryson
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the things I particularly like about these stories is the complex ideas that they explore. Rather than starting from the assumption that government and spies exist, the book explores the whole reason why you might have them to begin with and by so doing, delves into the irrational and hilarious. If an actor hits on redheads for a group named EEK, will the ambassadors get to resign? No, well then obviously they need better intelligence to swing better deals and finally get some respect! ...more
Kevin Black
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a great read

Entertaining and keeps you wanting more. I enjoy the family and friends as they add more members to their extended family. Kelly is always a great character. It is nice clean fun reading. I am on my second read through the series. Each book gets better than the last with so many interactions between the characters. I am finding on the second read much more depth to the series than I thought on the first read. Each book holds my attention until the end, looking forward to
Alice
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#4. It's hard to be a Spy

Without money, military, and high enough tech, Earth and it's humans can't compete with the various senior alien species in intelligence gathering. Ambassador Kelly takes steps to fill this void, but everyone knows everything she's doing because she's being spied on. Earth hires a couple of actors to play the role of Spy Director and agent so they can enlist a couple of real agents. Pretty funny.
Rob
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun being a spy

A young woman is asked to be one of the first of intelligence collectors for the Earth's off world ambassadorial government . With a twist that bring her in with the characters from the earlier stories .as the plot thickens all sorts of miscommunication keep you immersed in hilarious situations , and the spy equipment, though funny is not far off track. It was a wonderful story keeping you page swiping to the end!
Denise Weldon-siviy
Engaging fantasy world

This installment added some great new characters I look forward to seeing again, but the ending didn't have quite the same umphh as the last three books. I was looking for more resolution. Nonetheless I'm still quite engaged with this alternate universe and looking forward to more...
Ana
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and captivating easy-read

All the books in the series are from the beach & train reading category. Do not expect character depth or a new top for sci-fi literature....Expect to be entertained by most amusing characters and situations brought together by a well designed plot. I look forward to a new story.
mirba
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, humor
This serie is really something else.
A light funny universe, with a series of wonderful characters, funny situations and a perfect balance of storyline and humor.
it builds and grows on the previous, making it even better and more enjoyable. I found myself laughing out loud more than one time.

This fourth is probably the funnier book for me. The whole spy thing was just hilarious
Charles  van Buren
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting new characters

I like this series. I like the new characters introduced in this book. However, I thought the ending a little flat. Still an enjoyable read, but I did not like it as much as the preceding volumes. Probably just a matter of taste.
Janean
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good but not the best

I love this series, but since this book didn't have as much action with the main characters, it wasn't quite as good. Still plenty of laughs and Stryx manipulation of humans, though.

• Third Moon Chemicals: Adventures of a Jump Space Accountant Book 3
  • Orbital Claims Adjuster: Adventures of a Jump Space Accountant Book 2
  • Hood (Hyllis Family, #7)
  • The Search for Splurt (Space Team, #3)
  • Trans Galactic Insurance: Adventures of a Jump Space Accountant
  • Tech Mage (Technomancer, #1)
  • Dial D for Deadman (Dan Deadman Space Detective, #1)
  • Space Team: A Lot of Weird Space Shizz: Collected Short Stories (Space Team, #6.5)
  • Song of the Space Siren (Space Team, #4)
  • The Wrath of Vajazzle (Space Team, #2)
  • The Guns of Nana Joan (Space Team, #5)
  • Return of the Dead Guy (Space Team, #6)
  • Warden's Vengeance: A Sci Fi Adventure (The Ancient Guardians Book 4)
  • Dragon Denied (The Covert Dragons, #7)
  • Hot and Haunted (Wakeman Grimore, #1)
  • Astraeus Station (Technomancer, #2)
  • Exit the Dragon (Newport Pagnall #1)
  • Sentienced to Death (Space Team, #11)
I wrote Date Night on Union Station while taking a break from work on a science fiction epic I've been struggling with for years. The goal was to cheer myself up and to find out if there is still an audience for a science fiction comedy that gets its laughs from dialogue and funny situations rather than from gross-outs and shocks. As many readers have pointed out, the EarthCent series could be ...more

EarthCent Ambassador (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Date Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador #1)
  • Alien Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #2)
  • High Priest on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #3)
  • Carnival On Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #5)
  • Wanderers On Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #6)
  • Vacation on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #7)
  • Guest Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #8)
  • Word Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #9)
  • Party Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #10)
  • Review Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador, #11)
“I’ve never been to Earth myself, but I know from the immersives that most planets have this weather thing, where you can be walking along outside, and then all of a sudden, you can drown or freeze to death.” 0 likes
“electoral systems have always favored candidates who say what the people want to hear, and your great vice as a species is your ability to believe them.” 0 likes