Start by marking “Courting the Country Miss (Courting #2)” as Want to Read:
Courting the Country Miss (Courting #2)

Courting the Country Miss

(Courting #2)

Cynical and broken-hearted, Leticia banishes dreams of marriage. When her childhood friend, Tristan, wagers he can find her the perfect husband, she hopes the challenge will coax him to forgo his devil-may-care lifestyle. Meanwhile, Leticia throws herself into forming her charity school but meets opposition—even from the people she’s helping.

Guilt-ridden that his past mis
Published August 4th 2017 by The Wild Rose Press. Inc

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
There is a reason Ms. Hatch is one of my top favorite Regency authors! I always get so excited when she has a new book coming out and jumped at the chance to joining the tour for Courting the Country Miss. This is a companion novel to Courting the Countess, but stands well on its own.

I have really come to enjoy the whole friends-to-lover plots and thought it was handled really well in this one. Leticia and Tristan have been friends since childhood, they have a very strong friendship that really
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I loved reading about the characters again from Courting the Countess and seeing the story continue. I'm not a fan of "rakes" so it took a while for me to warm up to Tristan, but as the story progressed his vulnerabilities were revealed and his choices to become better and worthy of Leticia made him easier to like. Leticia's disappointment in her love life is the focus of her thoughts early in the book, so I was glad when she put her efforts into creating opportunities for education for the lowe ...more
Katie W
Donna Hatch is on my favorite author list because she has a way of transporting me right into the Regency era with ease. I feel like I'm experiencing a season and always feel an interest in the characters that she writes about. This story is a companion, of sorts, to Courting the Countess, but it can stand alone.

Tristan is a womanizer for sure. Heck, I couldn't help falling for his smooth talking ways and charming personality. I could even imagine his swoony, good looks. And I must say, I was
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Donna Hatch's books.  Every single time.  She has such a way of making me love her characters- imperfections and all.

Tristan is a notorious rake.  It's hard to shake a label like that even when you want to.  Tristan and Leticia have been friends all their lives so they know each other well.  I love that they both had that relationship to draw upon throughout the rough waters of this book.  It helped them and it helped me to see Tristan through Let
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
The more books I read written by Donna Hatch, the more I realize what an amazing author she is. She pulls me into the book and the setting. The characters come to life for me.

This book is about when good intentions have unexpected side effects. Tristan feels bad that his actions (in a previous book) had unintended side effects. His good friend, Leticia, was on the loosing end when he lured a pretty girl into a garden. Now, he wants to make things right and help Leticia find a husband. Fortunate
Melissa
This was a well written regency romance. I think this is the best rake to reformed story I have read yet. It took a while to get going and the book was a little long for me. There was a bit of repetition but I understand why the author took her time. She wanted to show his change over a year but I think that making the book so long wasn't the best way to do that. I liked both of these characters and that kept me reading. The ending was a little over the top drama after the quiet pace of the book ...more
Deborah
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love me a hatch book!!! Also love a friends turned into love story. Loved it!!
Amy Koster
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency
Cynical and heart-broken, Leticia banishes her dreams of marriage. Tristan, a childhood friend, wagers he can find her the perfect husband. Throwing herself into forming her charity school she begins to meet opposition from all angles. Meanwhile Tristan has discovered two “perfect” gentlemen but discovers his own feelings for her. Will Leticia be willing to risk feelings for Tristan?

I loved this book! Another great romance from Donna Hatch. It was fun watching the story unfold to a sweet romance
Wanda Luce
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited to read Courting the Country Miss by Donna Hatch. She is one of my favorite authors. The plot line is excellent. The characters are well-developed, especially where Tristan is concerned. He is a hero to love. Ms. Hatch has done a masterful job showing his inner thoughts and feelings and taking him through many stages of learning and change. He is masterfully portrayed. I admired Leticia. She has high principles and a desire to do good by establishing a charity school. She acqu ...more
Alisa
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
4.5 stars, rounded up to 5 stars

I liked Tristan and Leticia. Leticia was so gracious when her heart was broken in the first book. She has accepted the fact that she may never marry and has joined forces with Elizabeth to help those less fortunate than herself. Tristan feels guilty because he is the reason Leticia's heart got broken in the first book, even though he didn't mean for that to happen. So he is determined to help her find a husband who is worthy of her.

But the more time Tristan spends
Kristen
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 -

I didn't love this book, I think I had a hard time with it because the main character Tristan was such a womanizer in the previous book and all his misconduct came out more in this book. Yes, he changes but Leticia is far more forgiving than I would have been in her situation.

Moral Note: Talk of sex outside of marriage between main character & widowed women, women making innuendos at main character, etc.
Annette
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency
I don't usually like reformed rake stories—they usually seem disingenuous at best and slimy at worst. However this one worked. The motivation for change, both before the story and during, made sense and it felt like a realistic progression. The romance was sweet and I enjoyed watching their relationship progress and change.
Lindsey
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency
I am giving this book 5 stars because of character and plot development, and because I loved Tristan so much. But honestly, I did not really see what they saw in Leticia. She didn’t grab me. But of course since I am a female, if there is a swoon-worthy flawed male, I am usually sold.
Sydney
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Courting the Country Miss is a delightful new read from author Donna Hatch. From page one, Hatch pulls readers into her enticing regency era story with her charming characters and engaging story. As always, readers will immediately fall in love with this splendid, fun, sweet, and witty regency romance novel. This is a story that readers will thoroughly enjoy and will want to stay up late reading to see what happens next in the relationships of the wonderful characters. This is a story that reade ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

As a lover of period-inspired pieces, I really enjoyed this book. It's romantic, captivating, and even a little bit cheeky. Great book!
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks a lot, Donna Hatch, for making me burn the chicken. Note to self: do not try to cook dinner while reading a Donna Hatch. I DID NOT want to put this down! Donna consistently spins a romance in such a way that makes me root for the hero and heroine. I loved this story of Tristian and Leticia. Fabulous characters and pacing. The dry chicken was worth it!
Robyn Echols
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful story. Still feeling the effects of losing the man she loved almost all her life, Richard, to Elizabeth who later became a good friend and partner in organizing a school for orphan girls, Leticia determines to remain a spinster. Richard’s brother, Tristan, who has lived a life typical of many of the well-to-do in the hedonistic Regency era, wagers he will find her a husband that meets her high standards before Christmas. She agrees to his efforts, mainly to encourage him to ...more
Julie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy books from Donna Hatch and this is no exception. All the characters simply come alive and practically jump off the page and into the theatre of my mind. Tristan is about as perfectly imperfect as a hero can be. His dashing good looks and affable manner endear him to all who come to know him. And being a bit of a recovering rake make him all the more desirable to the young ladies, though perhaps not their mamas.

Leticia is just about the sweetest little miss. I love her friendship w
Judy Bullard
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Love Donna Hatch books. This one lived up to my expectations. She has a way of writing that you feel you know the characters.
Rosanne Lortz
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
The story opens with Leticia (“Tish”) heartbroken. Richard, the man she had always assumed she would marry, is now married to another, and it all his brother Tristan’s fault. Fortunately, she has made friends with Richard’s new wife Elizabeth and the two of them are planning to start a charity school for poor girls to teach them enough skills to rise in the world.

Tristan is a charmer, a rake, and Leticia’s best friend. Feeling guilty for having destroyed Tish’s happiness, Tristan comes up with a
Patti
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Courting the Country Miss” is another winner by author Donna Hatch. Can’t say it grabbed my attention right away, but it was enough to keep me reading and enjoying the whole story. Young Leticia Wentworth signs on as her little sister’s escort for her first London season. Leticia figures she’s a has-been because she has not garnered any attention in the marriage mart game the past two seasons.

Leticia’s best childhood friend, Tristen, a known rake, makes a bargain with her to find her a husband
Shannan
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Courting the Country Miss is the sequel to Courting the Countess. Although you can read then each as their own, I really suggest reading Countess before Miss. Especially since our main characters are in the spots they are at the start of the book because of what our hero's dissipated behaviours at the start of book one.

If Tristan hadn't compromised Elizabeth's reputation at the start of book one, Richard and she wouldn't have wed. Their marriage and love is what aggravates Leticia so much at th
Bethany Swafford
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Leticia expected to marry Richard, a serious, perfect gentleman. Seeing him happily married to someone else breaks her heart, but she carries on. Tristan, feeling guilty for his part in shattering his childhood friend's hopes for the future, sets out to find her a husband. Can past feelings be overcome when new feelings begin to bloom?

Having first met Leticia in book one, I wasn't overly impressed with her character. She improves somewhat in this book, however I can't say that she is a favorite.
Suzie Waltner
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love best friends to more stories and I enjoy the Regency period stories, so Courting the Country Miss had two points in its favor before I even began reading it.
It took a little while to get everything set up between Leticia and Tristan, but once all of the pieces are in place, these two friends’ story came together quickly. As Tristan realizes he wants more than friendship from the only person who has stood by his side over the years, Leticia fears giving her heart to him. Tristan must prove
Silverscarf
I love Donna's books and even though I haven't read the first book in this series I still jumped at this new book. I love Donna's books because there's always great characters that are realistic and grow throughout the story, and this was no different. Leticia was a good heroine, she has a great friendship with Tristan to build off of, and loves to help others, though she's not my favorite out of some of Donna's other heroines. Tristan was really the star of the show for me, he has to grow and m ...more
Leah Feltner
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book took me a bit longer to get into...I liked all the characters and enjoyed it but it wasn't until half way through that I really got into the story line.
I also enjoyed the banter and chemistry between Leticia and Tristan even though at times they frustrated me with all their misunderstandings.
Overall, it was a fun regency read! :)
Vonda Dastrup
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So so so good!

I can’t believe Dinah/ had to get better with every novel! I have read so many of her books and they continue to draw and excited and entertain. These are actual love stories! She gently weaves a story of how true love builds. Perfect!
Chesney
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am glad Tristan had his story and Leticia had her happy ending.
The Doctor's Companion
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't know that my husband realizes how much he has Donna Hatch to thank for the frequency of our make out sessions when I'm in the midst of one of her books.
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another excellent story by Donna Hatch. Adventure, wit, romance and more.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Donna Hatch is the award-winning author of the best-selling “Rogue Hearts Series” and is published in sweet Regency romance and fantasy. Her professional memberships include Romance Writers of America (RWA)and American Night Writers Association (ANWA). A sought-after workshop presenter, she juggles freelance editing, multiple volunteer positions, not to mention her six children (seven, counting he ...more

Courting (2 books)