Start by marking “Blood Magic (Blood Books, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Magic (Blood Books, #2)

Blood Magic

(Blood Books #2)

Avah Taylor thought she had already faced the worst.

As her coven’s chosen one, destined to receive a power that could kill her, Avah was forced to make the ultimate sacrifice when she gave up her mortal life to become a vampire, the witches’ greatest enemy. But just when she begins to adjust to her new life, even as she falls in love with her sire, the high priestess of he
Paperback, Second, 334 pages
Published August 1st 2017 by OfTomes Publishing (first published March 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Magic, please sign up.
Danielle Rose Hi, Kelly. This is actually an issue many face. When you accidentally select "read," it is very easy to then select a star option. I Googled this…moreHi, Kelly. This is actually an issue many face. When you accidentally select "read," it is very easy to then select a star option. I Googled this issue for you, and I found these: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... and https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/.... They both list steps to remove accidental ratings. Your other option is to contact Goodreads directly. They can also assist you in removing accidental ratings. You can contact them here: https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta.... Simply go through the steps and submit a question to them. Remember to link them back to BLOOD MAGIC's page, though. BLOOD MAGIC's ISBNs are 1517105544 (ISBN13: 9781517105549). That will help them easily find the page and clear your accidental rating. Thank you! :) (less)
Danielle Rose Hi, Mark! Thanks for posting your question, and I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying the series so far. To answer your questions, yes, I have…moreHi, Mark! Thanks for posting your question, and I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying the series so far. To answer your questions, yes, I have been planning this series for quite some time. About 6 years, actually! I used part of BLOOD ROSE as my undergraduate and graduate school theses. The inspiration for the series came from a lack of finding the "right book" when reading. That's when I knew I wanted to become a writer. I couldn't find the book I wanted to read, so I wrote it. :) (less)

Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Danielle Rose has created a seamless transition from the superb first book in this series, to this excellent continuation. I found this second book to be as good as, if not better than the first book.

The vampire, witchy setting is a great blend of two of the best paranormals out there, and Rose makes it even better by adding in the angst and fear that their world may be in danger. The story really does have you hooked within the first few chapters. You become so involved in the characters and w
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
An enjoyable continuation of the first book. I really like the originality of the plot. The story was well paced and I was excited to see more depth of the characters and a little more of a glimpse into this new world. I like the idea of a hybrid vampire/witch. I just wish there was more explanation with the power and stuff since she seemed to learn it in a matter of seconds.
I do like where the story is going and am interested to read more about the characters. I'm still on the fence with the ne
Narrative Ink Reviews
*I received an ARC of this book.*

Blood Magic, the follow up to Danielle Rose’s Blood Rose, may be one of those few books where the sequel is even better than the original. Rose takes the world she created in her first book to new heights with secrets, lies, betrayal, and the threat of a vampire war that raises the stakes to new levels.

At the end of Blood Rose, Avah Taylor, a witch turned vampire, was left devastated when her new vampire coven was attacked and her priestess captured by Rogue vamp
Sharon Obelenus Holland
I am so hooked on this series!! Once I started reading I couldn't put this down. The high priestess have been taken by rogues. Avah and the hunters have to save her, but to do that Avah has to use blood magic to locate her. The only problem, she learns what she has been taught growing up is a lie. Needing the witches help, they go to Avah's old coven. What she finds there, her mother almost dead and her evil grandmother is ruling, puts her on the defensive.

After doing the locator spell, Avah fi
Linda Levine
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been really enjoying the series. There are interesting twists and turns that keep you in suspense. The characters are very well written and I enjoy how they relate to one another.

The relationship between Avah and Jasak is very strong and feels right to both of them. Avah is exploring her powers and learning more which in some ways could jeopardize their bond. She is also learning more about the witches and her role as a chosen.

There is an intriguing storyline about saving their high prie
Ariel
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm auto five staring it because I really love this series!

*Update*
-I was given a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review-

An exciting book filled with twists and turns, with steamy moments that'll leave you wanting more.
Molly
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*spoilers ahead; I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a review*

As witch-recently-turned-vampire Avah Taylor settles into (un-)life with her new vampire coven, she joins her fellow Hunters, vampire protectors of the coven, in conducting a search for their lost High Priestess, who was captured at the end of the last novel. While they roam across the Pacific Northwest of America, Avah learns more about herself and her abilities with the help of half-breed witch-vampire like herself, Sebas
Mihai Bunea
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
If I would compare the sequel with the first book I would definitely go with the first book. I don't know why but some parts felt too long (for me).

The relationship between the Avah and Jasik ran dry and the whole Sebastian drama was just too much for me.

I did enjoy some chapters and there were definitely amazing parts in this book as well. The plot got thicker but if there something I missed it was a plot twist. 😕

It's a 3,5-4 review from me and from what I read from the third book it only gets
Em and Rosi (Bibliobibuli YA)
Blood Magic picks up shortly after the ending of Blood Rose and in the aftermath of the battle with the Rogue vampires and the kidnapping of Avah's high priestess. Avah and her team set out to track down their leader and uncover some closely held secrets and some new friends and enemies.

In this sequel, the relationship between Jasik and Avah is solidified, after some initial upset from the surprise guest at the end of the first book. There is more heat in this sequel than in Blood Rose and can't
Jessthebookslover
Review! Blood Magic by Danielle Rose.
Rating 4.75/5 stars!
Don't be mad at me for the rating I have an explanation for it, and I am gonna write it at the end, as Grand-Finale.
Ok, so Blood Magic starts right were Blood Rose finishes. Some big questions we had in the first book find their answers here in the second chapter of this series and I loooved it. I loved it. Really. What I mostly liked about Blood Magic is the character development, especially Malik and Lillie's characters: I appreciated
Chantelle Smith
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Incredible read by Danielle Rose Once again a brilliant take on vampires and witches..I thought at first it got off to a slow start, but eventually i couldn't put it down, I loved reading how the relationship developed between Jasik and Avah... and the relationship developing between Avah & Sebastian, admittedly i was shouting at the book at points thinking "What is she doing!!!"

I think The relationship between Avah & Malik is defiantly going to get stronger and I think it s goo
April
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Magic picks up seamlessly right where Blood Rose finished (with the aftermath of the Rogue battle). The house is left reeling not only from the loss of their comrades, but also the fact that no one knows if their leader is dead or alive, and if that wasn't enough, it doesn't look like anyone is going to catch a break soon! We learn more about the mystery that is Sebastian (yay!), and believe me when I say that he will soon become one of your favorite characters (and possibly another love i ...more
Andie
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The first time I met with Danielle Rose's writing in Blood Rose, I thought it's very good, high qulity and prime. Her writing style has the power to pull you right into the story.

Reading Blood Magic was an even more intense experience.
I think Avah's character got more matured with all the things that happened around and inside her. I love how brave and determined is Avah, even in her hardest moments.

I still have a massive crush on Jasik <3
I love the Hunters, too, and Sebastian is a really i
A.M. Johnson
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again this author has blown me away, Blood Rose (book 1 ) was a wicked read and book 2 Blood Magic is even better.
It picks up exactly where book 1 finished..
It was very well written and flowed with great ease and a steady pace.
I love the characters, Avah is maturing and coming into her powers in ways that are surprising to all.
I was very pleased to learn more about Sebastian.
There was more heat in this book which was very nice.
Magic, Witches, Vampires, High Priestess - every thing I love in
Sara Gagnon
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow wow amazing!!!! absolutely loved this book. non stop read. it was better than the first and now I'm anxiously awaiting the next book in the series for i am dying to find out where Avah goes from here. Danielle rose who are an amazing author and your books are amazing i cant wait for the third book in the series.
Chanin Johnson Kelly
This book is awesome! Danielle did a great job of developing the characters more in this book. I did not want to put the book down because it was so suspenseful! I cannot wait for the next book!
Rachel
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blood Magic is the second book in the Blood Books series and I don't even think I have the words to describe how much I loved this book. Have you ever heard the saying "Write the book you would want to read", well this is my book. This is the book I would have written if I were to write books (and maybe someday I will) and I can't even begin to tell you how precious this book is to me.

Avah is a vampire-witch hybrid that is finding herself in this new world. She is stronger than ever before and I
Ramana Ganger
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blood Magic is the second book in the Blood Books trilogy by Danielle Rose. She presents us with a deliciously intense story filled with jealousy, betrayal, love, and war. When I thought this series couldn’t get any more better than it already is, I was proven wrong.

Just as her relationship with Jasik is hotting up, Avah finds herself caught between his jealousy and her friendship with Sebastian. Like Avah, Sebastian is a hybrid who fulfils Avah’s request to train her on her abilities. During he
Movies, Shows,
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy from the author/publisher, but all opinions are my own.

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Seriously!?! My heart is still racing! Then the cliffhanger ending...really!?! Ugh! Can I have Book 3 now, please...hahaha!!! From Blood Rose (book 1) to Blood Magic (book 2), there has been a ton of growth with these characters. In this second installation in the Blood trilogy, secrets from the first book has been revealed, but other secrets come to light in this second b
Chelsea
Dallas
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Blood Magic
Author: Danielle Rose
Age Level: New Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Part of a Series?: Yes (the Blood Books series, Book Two)

*I was provided an advanced reading copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Summary:
Avah Taylor thought she had already faced the worst: as her coven’s chosen one, destined to receive a power that could kill her, she was forced to make the ultimate sacrifice when she gave up her mortal life to become a vampire, the witches’ greatest enemy. But j
Julie Barnard
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blood Magic by Danielle Rose

Review by Julie Barnard

I was given this ARC for my honest review
After all Avah went thru, she didn't think it could get any worse.
I would love to give 10+ stars if I could! A must read
It would be helpful if you read the first book in the series.
The team are going on a journey that could bring them closer or tear them apart. Many twists and turns, with a few surprises thrown in.
Happy Reading!!
Avah Taylor, 21, super witch/vampire, had a small affinity for the elemen
Julie
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
I enjoyed this one of the Blood Series so much.

We got to learn so much more about Avah, she is my new Book Chick, I love a girl vamp who has a mind of her own, knows what she wants and goes after it as best as she can, she became a much more defined Vamp/witch or Hybrid as they are known.

I don't want to give too much away, but I cried so hard at some places in this book, but then I love a book that makes you cry in a good way, Malik seems to be warming up to Avah, but then emotions like those wi
Denise Sherman
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, love, vampires, witches
Magical Surprises around the corner

Blood Magic picks up where the first book leaves off... But a few months later after an attack of Rogue Vampires. The new coven of vampires have accepted Avah as one of there hunters. But Avah has some special gifts being that she is a hybrid Vampire. A vampire with all of her super chosen witch powers that she got from the ceremony and a special hidden secret that we learn about in Blood Magic.
This is a super fast book.. meaning once you start reading it you
Marie Pedrick
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the story of Avah as she learns to live as not only a vampire but as a hybrid vampire/witch learning to develop the new powers she has gained, learning from Sebastian another hybrid. This story is an amazing follow on from Blood Rose. After learning secrets kept from her the whole time she was growing up changes everything she thought she knew. Along with the fact that the high priestess of her vampire coven is missing, taken by the very rogues that tried to kill her, Avah and ...more
Aanchal
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Goodreads is being a bitch and deleting my review again and again. So I'm gonna keep it small and hope that it stays.

This book was definitely better than the first book. I thought the first book was kinda rushed and not enough-detailed, but this felt nothing like that. It was fast-paced and quick read without feeling incomplete.

As always, the fight scenes were incredible. And the characters were more fleshed out. (view spoiler)
Jennifer Treviño
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very exciting journey that I need ore of now!
This series has it all...Magic, Witchcraft, Vampires, Rogues, Seers, Healers, Action, Drama, Romance, & Mystery Galore!!
My first experience with Danielle Rose's work was with Blood Rose & I was completely hooked. I enjoyed her magical twists & exciting adventures, & could not wait to get my hands on book 2!! Blood Magic did not disappoint! She has created a whole new take on hybrids with an alternate vampire witch relationship. A ver
Ashley (Reads by Ashley)
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received and eARC of this books provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. That doesn’t affect in any single way my thoughts and rating on this book.

There is no way that by reading book is making to want more stories about witches and vampires combine!!! Shame on you Danielle. This books follows were the first book left behind. A lot of action pack in it. The battle between the rogues and the hunters us really though. Because the hunters are trying to kill them all, but something
Ceres95
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This second book took place at the end of the previous one, the priestess has been abducted and Jasik, Malik, Avah, Lillie and Jeremiah are preparing to go and retrieve her. They’re going to find quite unexpected help with Sebastian and other hybrids.

I liked this second book which offers us a little more action, we also discovered more about hybrids and their powers. This promises a rather impressive final battle, as in the first book I would have liked to see a little more magic. However the st
Cindy Fong
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book two brings Avah and the hunters, along with Sebastian in search of Amicia. Along the way Avah begins to tap into her abilites more and also finds out some secrets that may affect her and her life with Jasik and the vampires. Faced with an epic battle, they all must put aside thier worries and focus on staying alive. This story provides us with more information about the hybrids and future events. I am excited to see what Book Three brings.

• Kingdom of Embers (Kingdom Journals #1)
  • Boys' Night Out (The Savannah Coven #7.5)
  • The Red Sun Rises (The Red Sun Rises #1)
  • What Not To Were (Paris, Texas Romance #2)
  • The Last Enchantress
  • Deadline (Blood Trails, #1)
  • Dark and Stormy (Sacred Hearts Coven, #1)
  • Fire Kissed (Shadow Kissed, #1)
  • The Scarlett Legacy
  • Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2)
  • Product
  • Ghosts of Demons Past
  • Desires Unleashed (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #1)
  • Winter Fae (Armored Hearts, #0.5)
  • Static (The Luminaries #2)
  • The Fairy Tale Trap (Ivy Thorn, #1)
Dubbed a "triple threat" by readers, Danielle Rose dabbles in many genres, including romance, fantasy, and suspense. The USA Today bestselling author holds a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Southern Maine.

For more information about Danielle Rose, visit her website: www.droseauthor.com.

Blood Books (3 books)
  • Blood Rose (Blood Books, #1)
  • Blood Promise (Blood Books, #3)