Start by marking “Take Three Girls” as Want to Read:

Take Three Girls

Ady - not the confident A-Lister she appears to be.
Kate - brainy boarder taking risks to pursue the music she loves.
Clem - disenchanted swim-star losing her heart to the wrong boy.

All are targeted by PSST, a toxic website that deals in gossip and lies. St Hilda's antidote to the cyber-bullying? The Year 10 Wellness program. Nice try - but sometimes all it takes is three gi
Published August 29th 2017 by Pan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Take Three Girls, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Poddy the usernames of two of the PSST responders
Aimee Ferguson "She sort of said, Bye bye binary. For gender, for sexuality, for everything. She said lots of people can like lots of people. And could everyone…more"She sort of said, Bye bye binary. For gender, for sexuality, for everything. She said lots of people can like lots of people. And could everyone please get over it and update their idea of normal. And could I please leave her alone so she could get some work done."
(From Ady's Wellness Journal, p348)(less)

Taneika
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from Pan Macmillan Australia in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

When I first heard about this, I was so incredibly excited to get my hands on it as not only is it written by three incredible #LoveOzYA authors, but it tackles feminism, identity, bullying and friendship!

Take Three Girls follows three girls (funnily enough) named Ady, Clem and Kate as they go through Year 10 at an all girls school i
Diem
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reread 24/09/2017
Take Three Girls, a definite keeper and a novel I will be recommending everyone.

I spent around 2 hours reading from the story out loud to my friends today - my throat is a teensy bit sore but my heart is so full.

Also, OLIVER. OLIVER. OLIVER.

First June 2017
I can't wait for September to arrive because even though I'm reading the uncorrected proof copy, and I can see what needs fixing up, it's amazing. It's everything I could have wished for and more.

This isn't a light hearted b
Amanda
Four years ago, on the now defunct podcast Ladies of YA, I interviewed Fiona Wood and she let slip that she, Cath Crowley, and Simmone Howell were working on a book together. I have been eagerly anticipated that book since that day. Finally receiving an ARC of Take Three Girls , a book coauthored by my three favourite authors, was a dream come true. To say I love this book would be an understatement because I love it with ALL my heart.

Sixteen-year-olds Clem, Kate, and Ady are in Year 10 at St H
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gather your girl gang and fight the patriarchy!

The private boarding school of Saint Hilda's promotes excellence in academic pursuits so when a website begins to engage in targeted student abuse, the prestigious school begins a Wellness initiative to promote well being and self reflection. The Private School Secrets Tracker website engages in defamation to humiliates female students, sharing personal information and encouraging concealed users to engage in abuse. Young women defined by their bodi
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review was originally posted on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

It’s easy for online trolls to hide behind the anonymity of the internet, but when you know it’s someone at school, it makes it even harder to get away from.

At this private girls school, cyber bullying is addressed through Wellness class, which inspires positive self reflection. Told through lesson plans, excerpts from the PSST website, and diary entries from each of three main characters – you can almost pictu
K.
Trigger warnings: misogyny, slut shaming, fat shaming, homophobia, drug/alcohol addiction.

I've been excited about this since I heard the authors reading an excerpt from it at the 2016 YA Showcase at the State Library in December of last year. So I may have squeed more than a little when I saw it for sale at the shop at the Melbourne Writers Festival over the weekend. And I read it pretty much straight away, because reasons.

This follows the story of three teenage girls at a snooty private school
Paula Weston
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first heard that Cath Crowley, Simmone Howell and Fiona Wood were writing a book together around two years ago. I was so excited - they are three of my favourite writers - and I marvelled that they were able to collaborate while working simultaneously on individual projects.

The end result is a brilliant book. It would be well crafted if it was written by a single author, but the fact it has three creators makes it even more impressive. It reads seamlessly, and I love how the three girls’ stori
Marla Mei
OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST COLLABORATION OF 2017!!!! Three of my fave Aussie authors writing a book together???

Casey
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Take Three Girls is full of Feminism, female friendship, family, online bullying, wellness, misogyny, kissing, and highschool.

Take Three Girls is a book that made my heart so happy whilst dealing with some real issues. I saw so much of my own highschool in this story and while it was enraging to see all the online bullying and slut shaming it’s all unfortunately just apart of highschool. It would be cool if everyone was nice and educated but it takes time, and perhaps it takes three girls to
rachel ☾
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, I did not expect to like this, let alone love it.
Greyson Richter | Use Your Words
3.5 Stars
‘It can’t be a girl—what girl would say stuff like that?’
‘It’s because we’re brought up to be all nice and smiley and agreeable. It’s not acceptable for girls to act on their aggressions, so we have to get creative. At least boys get to duke it out.’

Take Three Girls takes three girls who otherwise don't associate with each other and throws them into a situation where they have to.
Kate, Addy and Clem attend a private school in Melbourne, Australia where the PSST, a toxic online bullyi
Emily O’Beirne
Three talented girls form an unlikely friendship at a posh-as girls' high school while taking life paths they didn't expect they were going to take. A LOT happens in this book, probably because it was written by three people who could have formed a novel out of each of these girls' storylines with one arms tied behind their backs.

The best thing about Take Three Girls for me was the writing. Co (tri?)-penned by two of my favourite OzYA authors, Cath Crowley and Fiona Wood, and Simmone Howell, who
Anne Little
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One million stars out of five!! I will write a proper review a bit closer to the release date and hopefully then I can form more coherent words and emotions
Danielle
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A super fun, relatable, realistic portrayal of being a teenage girl and being in high school, and I loved it. Loved the friendship and feminism focus, and it was just overall a really enjoyable read.
Sprinkled Pages
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
actual rating: 3.5 stars

the start was a little hard to get into but overall the book was very heart-warming, well written and had a fantastic message!

for more, read my no spoiler book review: https://sprinkledpages.blogspot.com.a...
Emily Mead
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
* Girls sticking up for girls and bringing down misogyny
* Family and friendship and ambition
* One of the girls is also bi which was a nice surprise

ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT.
Tara
When I heard that these three amazing women were writing a book together I was so excited to read it, and now that I have I am feeling slightly saddened that I read it in two sittings and it is finished.
Take Three Girls was fantastic and it is definitely one of my top reads of the year.
I am all about characters and these three girls stormed their way into my heart, each in their own way. I can honestly say that I love them to bits, and their stories will continue on for me.
Cass -  Words on Paper
OMG so much love, this book wss absolutely everything. So relevant! I loved the characters and I felt like it was all written so well, my goodness. Just so amazed by it all. More thoughts after a sleep!
Gabby
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
review coming soon; alwaysandforeverreading.wordpress.com
Lexi // libraryoflexi
3.5 stars!
I did enjoy this cute contemporary. The start was a bit painful and I couldn't stand Clem but she got better.
Kate was by far my favourite and I would have been happy with a whole book about her but it was interesting having the different perspectives.
Clare Snow
Take Three Girls
"As usual, I don't know which way is north, but I know the direction of beauty."

Last month my Book Group did Take Three Girls by a trio of prodigious writers, writing a stunning story.
"I open the tram window and cup my hand at the air, trying to catch it for later, so it's what I take home from the night."

As much as I love the story, it's so looooong. When will we have a ban on all books more than 200 pages. Hence, I didn't finish reading before Book Group. This happens often and usually leads
Trisha
I am a huge fan of this book and its creators.
Madison
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Take Three Girls is contemporary #LoveOzYA fiction at its best. And yet, Take Three Girls is transferable to any society, any country which experiences the troubles of bullying, social media dangers, and relationship breakdown. With a no-holds-barred approach, Take Three Girls takes some serious and seriously important topics and meets them head on. What results is an open, honest, and refreshing novel that clears the way for some vital conversations.

Clem, Ady, and Kate. Three girls who attend t
Miffy
St. Hilda's Grammar School. Hotbed of teenage girl angst. Ady, Clem and Kate have nothing in common other than the school they attend.

At first it's hard to distinguish the individual voices of the characters. The tone and language used for each girl is so similar that they don't appear to have any differences, but there are enough hooks thrown out to keep you reading. Intriguing, was what I posted to the feed.

However, the further I read, the more I learned about each girl, and they began to un-h
Noelle
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-favorites
Hurricane Irma Power Outage Read #1 I love all three of these authors so I was super excited for this and it delivered in that special Aussie YA way. Anyone know who wrote which character? I have some suspicions but my cell data lasts about 30 seconds a pop before going back out again and I am LAZY.
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
A pleasant and fun read regarding friendship and identity. This encouraged me to self reflect, however, I had trouble distinguishing between the three POVs
Bec
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was so engaging & brilliant & feminist, loved it a lot. Will review on Sep 11 so keep an eye out!

Here's my review for the blog tour! <3
Jennifer Nguyen
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GDOTSKFSBCKGSURS I don't have words!!!
Abbey
I wasn't expecting much from this book when I first went into it. I actually got this in a subscription box and it wasn't something I would have bought but it blew me away. It was actually amazing.
This book kind of really reminded me of One of us is Lying but Karen M. McMannus but without the murder of a school kind. The gossip website though, totally relatable.
I love the way that these three main characters (Clem, Kate and Ady) come together and would have never been friends if they weren't pu
Indy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved loved this book. Such an interesting idea of having three different authors taking on three different girls. It worked so well and it's just a beautiful piece of YA literature.

Would totally recommend this to so many people. Also has such an awesome Melbourne vibe, and very authentically Australian.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• White Night
  • A Shadow's Breath
  • My Life as a Hashtag
  • Because of You
  • Beautiful Mess
  • Inbetween Days
  • Cloudwish (The Six Impossiverse #3)
  • The Yearbook Committee
  • The First Third
  • Night Swimming
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • Remind Me How This Ends
  • Frankie
  • I Am Out With Lanterns
  • The Zigzag Effect
  • Munro vs. the Coyote
  • Clancy of the Undertow
  • Intruder
Author of Words in Deep Blue, A Little Wanting Song (Chasing Charlie Duskin), Graffiti Moon and the Gracie series.

Take Three Girls, a collaboration with Simmone Howell and Fiona Wood, is out in September 2017.

“Bye bye binary. For gender, for sexuality, for everything. ... Lots of people can like lots of people. And could everyone please get over it and update their idea of normal.” 6 likes
“As usual, I don't know which way is north, but I know the direction of beauty.” 1 likes