Start by marking “Five (Mister, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Five (Mister, #0.5)

Five (Mister 0.5)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  735 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews
Fifty million books ago I promised you a love story about Five and his Princess.
This is their story.

Five Aston has known Rory Shrike for as long as he can remember. He played with her in the sandbox. He went to every damn horse show just to be supportive. He helped her with her French, walked her home from school, and faked his test scores just to stay with her a little
Published September 19th 2017 by Science Future Press

To ask other readers questions about Five, please sign up.

DeAnna Dodge Keep in mind that Five takes place some 15 years before the Misters. But I think if you understand all the characters it can be read before or after.

Christy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!

“description"/
Never has a second chance meant so much to a boy who loves a girl.
FIVE. Fucking FIVE Aston. How long have we all been waiting for this book?!?! I, for one, have been waiting a long time! Ford is my most favorite JA Huss character, so I couldn’t contain my excitement when I finally got his son, Five’s book on my kindle! This story was full of romance, mystery, sexy times, and that twisty story-line that Julie does so well!
“You’re not the boss of me, ya know.”
A small smile that tur
Michelle
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Header copy

I don’t even know where to start with this one.
Five. Fucking Rutherford Aston V. Fucking Five.

1272 days ago this journey began for me. 1272 days ago a character was introduced, at the time I had no idea what would come, if anything would come of him, but I just knew that I wanted his story. And it was always the story of Five and his Princess. Never was there another option.

631 days later I experienced the start of the real romance between these two characters. The stirrings of a teenage rom
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2017
Ever since six year old Five told Aunt Ronnie "Ill take it from here" and grabbed ahold of Princess Rory Shrikes hand, I've been obsessed with getting their story. It was so freaking adorable and I wanted to just bask in their love because you just knew it was going to be epic.

The next thing we learn about these two is Rory goes missing from college and Five being called in to clean up the Misters. The pieces we got of these two throughout the Mister series had my stomach in knots! What happened
Page
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ja-huss
I'm going to jump right in and start this review with no preamble, because I've just now finished Five and quite frankly I've had enough beating around the bush by Huss to last me a lifetime.

Straight up this is a 3 star book with 5 star characters, and I'm feeling all kinds of discombobulated after reading it.

For real...What WAS that I read? It's like she took the most wonderful and anticipated love story of my reading decade wrote it, and then decided to fuck it up with Company bullshit.

The
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

af982783eef02cfe1913087090b42d

Rutherford Aston the fifth. FIVE ASTON. FIVE. FIVE. FIVE. FIVE. FIVE. Yes, big bold shouty caps are needed because Julie Huss finally delivered everyone’s much anticipated story of Five and his bombshell princess, Rory Shrike. And boy oh boy did she deliver!!!

301de8f5acd8f6f1c4ed766b4e0d24 You, Five Aston, are the meaning of happy for me. And I have been kicking myself for six years, cursing the Big Man with the Wishes, for not telling him I want me to make you happy. ”

F
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
FIVE!!!

I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH YOUR FATHER!

Wow Most of that was unexpected. The fact that nobody knew WTF was going on w/ Five & RORY. Did not buy that @ all..

That was the ENDING??
YOU JUST LEFT IT THERE? HUSS Watch out. I will be kicking your Ass when I see you in Vegas. Better get a Bodyguard!
Grace
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joint Review with my blogger buddy, Michelle!

Michelle’s Rating: 5 Stars
Grace’s Rating: 4.5 stars

Michelle: Geez Grace, it’s been a hot minute since you and I have written a review together. What’s up with that? It was because of you, I started reading J.A. Huss and it was the Social Media Series. Many books after, and I am still kinda hooked. Fucking Five, like his dad Fucking Ford, is Fucking amazing! Yes, there will be lots of F bombs throughout, deal with it people.

Grace: Girrrrrl, it has been
Brandi
5 "Don't get her pregnant" Stars

Wow. Just wow. I've said it so many times you are probably tired of reading it, but fffuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkk. JA Huss is beyond freaking brilliant. I can't even begin to describe the ride i just went on, but I'll see what I can do. Because really? It's #FuckingFive and I've been waiting for him since he made his appearance in Guns. We knew he'd be amazing as soon as he took his Princess's hand and told Aunt Ronnie that he would take it from there.

Because he did.

He
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Five blew my mind. It's a story I've been waiting for since forever, and Huss definitely didn't disappoint.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Princess Shrike was all ready to move on with her life. With no news from five in the past six years, she figured she should just do her thing. Date. Make new friends. Vacation in the Hamptons. Until her brother Ollie sends her a message saying she has to come home. Because Five is home.

There was a lot of intrigue in F
Silvia
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time there was a Princess named Rory who gave her heart very early on in her young life to a boy with a most unusual name, Rutherford Aston the Fifth, aka Five. He became her protector and the two of them were inseparable. Their history has always included each other from playing together as tots to young teens falling in love. But as we know, love isn't easy and life can be full of obstacles.

The story of Five and his Princess is brought to life in all its twists and turns by one of
S.M. West
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Where do I begin? To say I've wanted Five and Rory's book forever is an understatement. This is Five Fucking Rutherford Aston. This was a quick and entertaining read. It answered some big questions for me, but of course, also added more questions. And there's no doubt that this story isn't over. More will come.

**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**

For more reviews and blog posts.

description
Michelle Rodriguez
Michelle’s Rating: 5 Stars
Grace’s Rating: 4.5 stars

Grace: Girrrrrl, it has been too long!! But of course Fucking Five would
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj

F**king Five ...... f**king brilliant!!!! Wow, wow, wow. This book really was something special! Rutherford Aston V and Aurora Shrike: it was fate. It was destiny. It was meant to be. It was written in the goddamn stars from the day they were born that they would be together. And from the moment six year old Five took Rory's hand and told her mother " I'll take it from here," he would spend the rest of his life doing everything in his power to protect his princess, even if that mean
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★★

Woah what a ride! I didn't know whether I was coming or going most of the time, but despite the fast-pace of this story, I did enjoy it and would recommend it to fans of the Rook & Ronin series.

Five is a child genius, son of Ford Aston, he gets accepted to Oxford University at the tender age of 15. Rory, daughter of Spencer, is his childhood sweetheart. After a separation of 6 years, Five is back in the US and Rory is wondering why he hasn't been in touch all this time.

I l
Suzanne (Lily)
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-sept-tbr
3.5 Stars
Rory and Five was a story I couldn’t wait to read. Within the first few pages it dawned on me I should have refreshed my memory on their backgrounds before embarking on this book. To have researched thoroughly, I would have needed to shut myself off for a good spell. Five is a spin off or connected to the following series:

-Rook and Ronin
-Rook and Ronin Spin Offs
-Dirty, Dark, and Deadly

And possibly the Mister series, since it is Mister #.05 and apart from this book, I’ve yet to read anyt
Wendy LeGrand
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this and I have such a whirlwind of emotions going through me. One second I feel so sad that it's over, then I feel such tremendous love for this iconic couple that I have been waiting so long to meet. I feel overwhelmed by what happens in this story, and I suddenly feel so hollow, because these two people consumed me heart and soul for the past two days, and now it's done. I'm done reading. And I don't know what to do with myself now. The moon and stars must have aligned ...more
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMFG...I can't even anymore...this book was perfect!
Five is the man...like literally the man. He was born to love Rory. He is the most kind and precious thing in the world. He is brilliant and charming. He is dangerous and calculating. He is SEXY as eff!!!! He is like the modern day geeky version of James Bond!
Rory is a princess through and through, but she is also tough as nails. She was put on this earth for Five Aston. Once his nerdy little eyes locked with her's when they were kids it was g
SɪɱƿʟყƝì₭
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
“We’re not people, Rory. We’re made of moonlight, and twinkling stars, and the night.”

Oh yes F*ckin FIVE is back. He was a storm with a mission of destruction and lust. I consumed this book so quickly, I had finally got my barrings and it was over. But the feels and oohs were worth the crash and lovely burn. You get a Company update. So many references, I found myself researching the who and the what of the Shrike Bike World. I almost want to re-read everything in it's new order.

Princess Aurora
Books are my Pyrocant
3 stars. Not what I expected, but it was entertaining. A bit all over the place, lots of talking in circles with soap opera pretend reveals that never came until the end and some not at all. Smoke and mirrors. And a lot of far fetched storylines. But, that's what we pay for when we buy a Huss book. It's always a crazy ride. Five and Rory's love story was great. It was absolutely my favorite part. 5 stars for that. I would have loved to see more of them. Even as flashbacks.

A little disgruntled t
Crystal Wilke
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah h***.... Sigh. (Deep breath) I am lost for words but here it goes......
If that wasnt the best book I have read in awhile. J.A. freaking rocked Five & Rory's story. J.A.'s words are amazing and the details were on point. Some of us have be patiently waiting for this book and now that it's here, I don't want it to end. I couldn't put the damn thing down. I wanted to devour and savior it at the same time. This book is action packed, steamy, swoon worthy, drama, sad, happy, secerts and twist
Diane
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whatever you thought you knew about Five and Rory...think again.
Did they love each other, oh yeah, that's a given, with a love so true it puts every other romance I've ever read to shame, but in true J.A. Huss fashion, expect the unexpected.
Whatever it is you thought you had figured out, you didn't.

Five is brilliant, Rory is a fighter. I was blind-sided more than once with the turn of events.
I absolutely love these characters.

Die hard Huss fans have been patiently, (or not so) waiting for Five'
Laura Elizabeth
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had quit this author awhile ago, but then there was this promise of FIVE AND A BONUS OF FORD. So bought this book I did. The author states this is a standalone book, but it absolutely is not. If you did not read Rook and Ronin and the Come series and all the spinoffs of these, you will be lost for sure. Much to my dismay the author decided to attach Five to another series to get you to buy that entire series too which I have no desire to read. Since I'm feeling lazy, I really don't feel like w ...more
Mistress of Romance Kim  Brown
Shelves: reviewed
Wow. Just Wow. So bleeping good. I haven't read a make-me-evil-grin book likes this in month. I was hooked from the first pages. There needs to be more writers like Julie. I'm sure they're out there, and I need to find them.
This book is an equal mix of sweet and company. Good and evil....is it evil? Nah. At one point I wondered why I was gunning for this group, but it all shakes out.
Again, so very good.
Jujubee
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another twisty ride from author Huss! Solid 3.5*
The title may say Five, but make no mistake, his Princess Shrike wins the majestic badassery award for being the most kickass bisch ever!! And Five wouldn't have it any other way.
J. Saman
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This might in fact be my absolute new favorite JA Huss book. And that's really saying something from me. I've been waiting for Five and Princess Rory's story for years. Ever since they were kids and we knew that not only were they soulmates, but that world domination was going to be their game. This book did not disappoint. It was everything we've been promised and more.
F*ckin' Five. Just perfectly done!
Lisa
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
I love, love stories especially second chances. I love the way Five called Rory princess, Rory use to love begin called princes but that was along time ago she now wants to be his queen. I enjoy books that take you for a roller coaster ride loved Five and Rory as a couple, enjoyable 5 star read for me.

Happy Reading
Lisa
****** I voluntarily reviewed a advanced reader copy of this book.*******

Julie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five. What can I say about Five?

“There’s five senses and five fingers. Five toes and five vowels in the English language. There’s five Great Lakes, and give points on a star… Five golden rings in that song. Five people in the Scooby-Doo show. Five digits in a zip code, five days in the work week…”

I thought that Spencer Shrike and Veronica Vaughn were my very favorite couple ever, but Princess Shrike (AKA Rory) and Five Aston are the epitome of a love story. These characters were the start of the
Susan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I’m officially on the train to Crazytown." - Rory Shrike

Was there any doubt in your mind that Princess Rory and "Effing Five" were fated to be lovers? Serious loves? Partners...for life? The reader of "Five" will begin to doubt from the beginning the certainty of the "no doubt" of the last question from the beginning of the book until the very end.
What a fantastical ride upon which the reader is taken in this story!...And therein lies both the fascination of and frustration at the strain of cr
Lg
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bravo! Thank you for Five and Rory's story! Thank you for every single word of the entire series!! Julie Huss never fails to bring the goods. She promised the greatest love story and boy did she deliver.

Five and Rory were destined for love and greatness, however those things, although predetermined by the stars, were interrupted by lies, corruption and secrets from before they were born. It didn't matter, they never would let go of the dream of their happily ever after. This story is told in 2
Melissa Schaub
5 Stars *****

So Five may be the most anticipated book of my whole life and as usual JA Huss does not disappoint! So you know how when you are a little girl and you dreamed of the kind of love that is all consuming, a love that will survive the storms?? Well this is that love story.
We have watched them grow up and watched his love for Princess Rory grow with him and watch him keep more secrets than anyone knows.
Five is definitely his father’s son; he is a genius that is to smart for his own goo
C.D. Canaries: Five BR 9/26/17 138 37 Oct 06, 2017 08:12PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: September 2017 BOTM ~ Five by J.A. Huss 7 50 Sep 20, 2017 07:48AM
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer тυeѕday~ FIVE by JA Huss 6 28 Sep 16, 2017 11:20PM
Find me here: http://www.newadultaddiction.com/

If you like my books and want to help support my new releases, please sign up to share a post on Facebook or Twitter here .

JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astr
More about J.A. Huss...

Mister (6 books)
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Mr. Romantic (Mister, #2)
  • Mr. Corporate (Mister, #3)
  • Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4)
  • Mr. Match (Mister, #5)
  • Mr. & Mrs. (Mister, #6)
“Just tell me the truth. I can take it, OK? I promise, I can. I will listen. I will be calm. I will let you make your case and you have to let me make mine. But if you still want to walk away from me when all that’s said and done, I’ll let you go. And I won’t be mad, or sad, or hold it against you. Because you’re the kind of prince who gives his princess the stars and then types up an instruction manual just to make sure she gets every ounce of joy out of it she can.” 1 likes
“And I can’t come, can I?” I shake my head. “No, Princess. You can’t come. It’s the kind of place you can’t walk away from once you’re there.” A tear slides down her cheek. But she wipes it away and draws in some courage with her next deep breath. “OK,” she says. “But I’d like to go on record that I come from a family of badass bitches.” 1 likes