Start by marking “Winning with ADHD: A Playbook for Teens and Young Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder” as Want to Read:

Get the real inside scoop on thriving as a teen with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Drawing on her own experiences living with the disorder, college student Grace Friedman—along with pediatric neurologist Sarah Cheyette—offers valuable tips and tricks to help you face the unique challenges of ADHD.

If you’re a teen with ADHD, you care about academic and so
Published April 1st 2019 by Instant Help

To ask other readers questions about Winning with ADHD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning with ADHD

Start your review of Winning with ADHD: A Playbook for Teens and Young Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
Kathie
Jul 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
As a parent of a 17-year-old newly diagnosed with ADHD, I found this book very helpful. Not only did it offer encouragement and support, but it gave practical strategies teens could use for dealing with situations and activities that may be challenging.
Book Him Danno
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review:

As a mother who has struggled with ADHD ad now having a son with ADHD I struggle to find way to help him cope with the internal thoughts that never slow down or his ticks that get out of control when his medication doesn't work.

Grace Friedman has the ability to guide readers with love, positive energy and a reminder that you are more than you ADHD.

She gives guidance to teens as well as parents to help teens learn to cope with the disability or ability.
This book isn't just for teens, pare
Jeannie
I listened to the audiobook read by the authors.

Young adult is kind of a stretch, I was 100% not the target audience for this book.

My main compliment for this book is how it encourages and coaches teenagers to have honest and meaningful communication with their parents. The authors lay out strategies in a clear an unpatronizing way. Also, the book is easily digestible and having it be both fast paced and available as an audiobook makes its insights more accessible than those buried in thicker t
Cat
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been conflicted by this diagnosis. I'm guessing this book will be useful to someone with the diagnosis... It sort of makes a strong case for it, but too often, I've seen normal healthy, mostly males, stuck on meds cause they are noral active little boys and sitting at a desk being jabbered at for hours on ends would drive anyone crazy. I don't have ADHA and I start fidgeting after 25 minutes in a meeting.... understand most people outgrow it.... I've also heard from people who use it to e ...more
Trent
Nov 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: improvement
I love the message to teens and young adults (and all of us) that those with ADHD don't need to feel alone and isolated. The book is loaded with very practical ways to succeed. The biggest step is knowing that's what you're dealing with. Then it can be worked. ...more
Will Healy III
Jun 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thanks for this. Straightforward story telling style that was easy to digest with good information without overwhelming and actionable plans of things I can immediately implement for me and my daughter.
Shari Ariail
Mar 21, 2021 rated it liked it
Interesting to peak inside the brain and thought process of a teenager and how she coped with her ADHD diagnosis and turn her weaknesses into strengths with a deep dive into what systems would work for her.
Christina
Oct 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing resource and tips for anyone living with ADHD. Even as an adult living with it I felt i could apply many of these tips and concepts to my everyday work life as well. I wish i had this resource growing up. Definitely recommend.
Bobbi Galvin
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nothing new AND while it sounds like the steps are common sense, they just wouldn't work JMHO. ...more
Claira
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. I bought this a few years ago when struggling with ADHD as a teen and this is allowed me to gain deeper understanding and tips to accessing the potential I was struggling to portray.
Karteeka
Sep 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great resource
Fynn Kay
Nov 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I read this when I was first diagnosed with ADHD, and I learned a lot of valuable information! It was an easy read and written in a way that captivated my attention.
Muriel
Sep 29, 2022
Golden Rain
Jun 03, 2021
V
Mar 18, 2021
akumator
rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2022
Jun 26, 2022
Taylor Lane
Apr 13, 2021
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read through this book in an evening, and all I can say is this - I wish this book has been around when I was a teen and young adult struggling with my ADHD.

Reading from a unique perspective, as an adult with an ADHD diagnosis who teaches teens and preteens, some of whom have the same diagnosis, I greatly appreciated this workbook. Grace Friedman approaches the topic with a genuine mix of expertise, experience, empathy, and a no-nonsense tone. She begins the book by affirming that you are MOR
Elizabeth Leithead
Apr 10, 2022

• Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Solutions and Other Problems
  • What Happens in Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Leota's Garden
  • On This Foundation (The Restoration Chronicles, #3)
  • Kindness and Wonder: Why Mister Rogers Matters Now More Than Ever
  • The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance
  • Sporting Gender: The History, Science, and Stories of Transgender and Intersex Athletes
  • Tell the Wolves I'm Home
  • 25 projects for art explorers
  • The Essential Guide to Hysterectomy: Advice from a Gynecologist on Your Choices Before, During, and After Surgery
  • Most Likely (Most Likely, #1)
  • How to Walk Away
  • You Can't Make This Up: Miracles, Memories, and the Perfect Marriage of Sports and Television
  • Verona Comics