Start by marking “Winning with ADHD: A Playbook for Teens and Young Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Get the real inside scoop on thriving as a teen with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Drawing on her own experiences living with the disorder, college student Grace Friedman—along with pediatric neurologist Sarah Cheyette—offers valuable tips and tricks to help you face the unique challenges of ADHD.

If you’re a teen with ADHD, you care about academic and so
Published April 1st 2019 by Instant Help

To ask other readers questions about Winning with ADHD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning with ADHD

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Winning with ADHD: A Playbook for Teens and Young Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
Book Him Danno
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review:

As a mother who has struggled with ADHD ad now having a son with ADHD I struggle to find way to help him cope with the internal thoughts that never slow down or his ticks that get out of control when his medication doesn't work.

Grace Friedman has the ability to guide readers with love, positive energy and a reminder that you are more than you ADHD.

She gives guidance to teens as well as parents to help teens learn to cope with the disability or ability.
This book isn't just for teens, pare
Cat
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been conflicted by this diagnosis. I'm guessing this book will be useful to someone with the diagnosis... It sort of makes a strong case for it, but too often, I've seen normal healthy, mostly males, stuck on meds cause they are noral active little boys and sitting at a desk being jabbered at for hours on ends would drive anyone crazy. I don't have ADHA and I start fidgeting after 25 minutes in a meeting.... understand most people outgrow it.... I've also heard from people who use it to e ...more
Bobbigalvin
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
Nothing new AND while it sounds like the steps are common sense, they just wouldn't work JMHO.
Cris
Aug 19, 2020
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read through this book in an evening, and all I can say is this - I wish this book has been around when I was a teen and young adult struggling with my ADHD.

Reading from a unique perspective, as an adult with an ADHD diagnosis who teaches teens and preteens, some of whom have the same diagnosis, I greatly appreciated this workbook. Grace Friedman approaches the topic with a genuine mix of expertise, experience, empathy, and a no-nonsense tone. She begins the book by affirming that you are MOR
Lori

• Ageless Vegan: The Secret to Living a Long and Healthy Plant-Based Life
  • Help Yourself: A Guide to Gut Health for People Who Love Delicious Food
  • Tomboyland: Essays
  • The Cartoon Guide to Algebra
  • Healthyish: A Cookbook with Seriously Satisfying, Truly Simple, Good-For-You (but not too Good-For-You) Recipes for Real Life
  • Me and Carlos
  • Living Lively: 80 Plant-Based Recipes to Activate Your Power and Feed Your Potential
  • My Grandmother's Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Mending of Our Bodies and Hearts
  • The Cartoon Guide to Chemistry
  • Amazons, Abolitionists, and Activists: A Graphic History of Women's Fight for Their Rights
  • The I Love Trader Joe's College Cookbook: 150 Cheap and Easy Gourmet Recipes
  • The Work-Smart Academic Planner: Write It Down, Get It Done
  • Chemistry for Dummies
  • Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • Leota's Garden
  • On This Foundation (Restoration Chronicles, #3)
  • Kindness and Wonder: Why Mister Rogers Matters Now More Than Ever