Start by marking “A Drop of Witch (Sweetland Witch, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Drop of Witch (Sweetland Witch, #3)

A Drop of Witch

(Sweetland Witch #3)

Murder, cupcakes, and witches... it’s just your average day in Sweetland Cove.

Page Count: around 330 pages

Things are always going wrong for Ava Fortune.
Ever since she discovered she was a witch, it seems like people are trying to kill her.

And… New Year’s is no exception.

When a woman is found murdered in her aunts’ bakery, a terrible curse is uncovered, with Ava at the
Published June 19th 2017 by ReedFoster Press House

To ask other readers questions about A Drop of Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Drop of Witch

Kathleen
Shelves: read-2017
“A Drop of Witch” earns 5+/5 Chocolate Creamsicle Devotion Cupcakes!

Ava Fortune has begun to settle nicely into the community of Sweetland Cove, enjoying connecting with family, gaining friends, navigating her new relationship, and improving her skill as a ‘witch.’ A witch? Yes, Ava is a witch along with her family, friends, and the community at large. Much has happened since she arrived on the island of Heavenly Haven; she discovered long hidden secrets about her mother and has avoided mayhem,
Carol
Polly Peacock, a witch striped of her
powers then sent to jail, has escaped.
Polly has vowed to kill Ava Fortune and
take her soul!!! Beware Ava!!!
Welcome back to the island of Heavenly
Haven. The island is divided into two
sections: Mistmoor Point and Sweetland
Cove.
The mythology of the island comes from a
1200 year old love legend that produces
the two factions of the island due to broken
marriage and hearts with sides being taken.
Ava Fortune was born on this island . Her
father, Eli took his d
Andrea Stoeckel
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
[I received a pre-released ARC from the author and voluntarily reviewed it]

“How did she escape?” I demanded. “Why would she escape? She’s only got six months left.” Detective Hudson hesitated again. His eyes shifted ever so slightly. “We don’t know precisely. Revenge is a very strong emotion, though.” “Revenge?” I asked. “Revenge for what?” “For everything. Her powers were stripped. Her life was ruined. Rather than accept responsibility for her actions, Polly has chosen to blame you.”

Polly Peaco
Anne
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Drop of Witch: Sweetland Cove Series by Zoe Arden, puts us back on the island with Ava Fortune her aunts, and a Christmas party at the Mystic Cupcake. Everyone was there: Ava and Damon, Eleanor and Sheriff Knoxx, Trixie and Melbourne... Everyone was having fun. All of a sudden, Detective Colt Hudson appears with the news that Polly Peacock has escaped from Wormwood and wants to kill Ava. Actually she wants to kill five people, the final one Ava, in an attempt to get her powers back. Detective ...more
Suzanne Giorgione
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fun and crazy cozy mystery at the wonderful Sweetland Cove! Never a dull moment for Ava Fortune. Trouble seems to find her no matter what she is doing. This time around Ava's soul is on the line and she only has til the Wolf Moon to solve this mystery before she's supposed to die! Detective Colt Hudson is back to help and things become even more interesting as a little bit of chemistry seems to spark off of this pair, even though Ava seems to act as if it's not happening. Damon is jealou ...more
Selena
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Great book just need a better editor or proof reader! I'm chapter 5 I think it was they were talking about Anastasia but put Polly then switched back to Anastasia I can't give the context cuz then it's give away part of the story but I was confused for a second and have to re-read the page before and then go over it a few times thinking I missed something when it was just the wrong name accidentally put in there. The story was great it's a good book just needs to be proof read a lil bet
Rosemary
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series shows what great writing is all about. The characters are very well defined, fun and so realistic like. It is so easy to follow each book because it pulls you right in to the characters lives.Ava,a witch is dating Damon,who is a human..and if that isn't complicated enough..hot sexy detective Colt comes back to town. There has been a murder and Colt is assigned to protect Avas life...and he has some special secrets of his own, so things take an interesting turn...for everyone. The sur ...more
Lin
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful addition to this paranormal series. Our main characters are evolving even more in this installment.

As Ava Rose Fortune continues to “try on” her witch life, someone else wants her dead. She struggles with relationships and fitting in with her Sweetland Cove life. When the town starts losing people, she must swallow her pride and work with the “hunky” Detective Colt Hudson. Tensions rise between current sometimes boyfriend Damon and Colt Hudson.

Who is after Ava and can she find
Mollie
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
These books keep drawing me in - they're so easy to read, with just the right amount of magic, mystery, and romance. Why Ava stayed with that dumba$$ Damon for so long, I'll never know, especially after his hateful mother showed up, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she doesn't start getting on my nerves. This book also contained a rather noticeable error, getting the name of one of the victims mixed up with that of her daughter for several paragraphs - someone missed that bigg ...more
JoAnne
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying reading this series and learning more about Ava and her friends. Zoe Arden definitely has a winning series and this latest book in the series is one you don't want to miss reading. This story has Ava trying to figure out who has murdered several people and racing against the clock to save her own life while also dealing with relationship problems and maybe a budding romance. Full of action, suspense, and romance along with colorful and interesting characters makes this cozy ...more
Bev
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Ava and her aunts are having problems again. Another person was found dead in their bakery, only this time it isn't Ava's cooking that is in question. Then Polly escaped from jail, and no one can figure out how she managed that. Polly has come for Ava's soul so she can restore her power magic! There are more murders and everyone in town is rather jumpy. Can Ava survive Polly's goal of having Ava's soul? Read the book to find out. I received a copy of this book. The review is voluntary and of my ...more
Judy
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word! Poor Ava!! Between a “can’t make up my mind boyfriend”, a supposed friend who, well, you’ll see, and a handsome Detective, wow, how does she keep it all straight? I love Ava and her aunts, one who has a surprise of her own, and her dad. But you know, the Familiars are just, well I want one! The new one who is introduced, is a big surprise, but so cute! I totally would live in Sweetland Cove. It would never be boring!

Monique
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Good Story But..

I really like the book. There are just a few things keeping me from giving it five stars.
The ending of the previous book touches on the first chapter. However the first chapters events are changed up from the previous books ending. That almost turned me off from the book. Also Ava being so needy with Damon. Ugh! How is the reader supposed to believe she is so brave when she lets Damon walk all over her?
linda thielges
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy these books. They alwAys come up with unusual plot twists. They are definitely not boring.

Great entertainment. I love a book that is not so serious that you have to worry about whether the story could actually happen. I love the characters in these stories and I worry about them but then I remember witches are not real. Think of the chaos that would happen if witches were able yours people.
Krystyna
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Family trees and past hurts

Loved it. Shame about the proofing which at one point is really bad. Try and ignore it. Why does someone have her on their hit list? Why is her heritage so important? Read this to find out. On a brighter note her old boyfriend has been dispatched and a more suitable one is in play. Love all the familiars and their quirks. If you enjoy an out there cozy with a bit of a ditsy heroine then this is for you.
Lois L Langham
Another great book!

I really enjoyed this book. The story continues to evolve and keeps you drawn in. You find yourself pulling for Colt and disliking Damon and his mom. It peaks your curiosity to what is next and she continues to leave you wanting more of the story. Familiars continue to steal your heart and make you laugh. I highly recommend this book . You will be glad you took the time to read it.
Bobbi
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride!!!! Totally a great reading experience. Ava is so completely charming and naïve and keeps finding herself in situations are truly dangerous. The story is well developed and hooks you in right away. I could not put it down.
Honestly recommend this book and the other ones in this series to anyone who enjoys a good cozy mystery.
Janet Wilson
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this continuing story Ava and her friends have become our friends as well.

Even though there are some glaring editorial issues such as calling someone by the wrong name for several pages, it is a good easy read. If you’re into this series is another page in the chapter with more to come.
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zoe Arden did not disappoint with this new book in her series! Witches are dying and it's up to Ava to figure out what is happening before it's too late! The problem is that she doesn't quite know who she can and cannot trust. This book is filled with drama, suspense and a little romance and it keeps you wanting more clear up to the very end.
Julia Stephanie
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
This would have been 3 stars if not for the name mix up on a victim. I enjoyed the mystery because what was going on was not at all what I expected, however I was disappointed in how one-dimensional all the characters felt in this installment. The ending, though, has me very excited for the next book!
Jill
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Witches and Humans

I have fallen in love with these characters. Witches are dying and vampires go missing, not to mention curses. What is up with this curse that involves Sara Sweetland and what does it mean for Ava. Need to read to find out. Also Det. Hudson is back and things take an interesting turn.
Jana Gundy
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good read

For a cozy mystery, this series is excellent. I love the characters, the world in which they live and the mystery is always solid. Ava and her love life could go easier but it's fun to read about.
Anne Turnley
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good one

There were some bad typos. But, the story was very cute, somewhat scary. With the island containing a varied community of witches, warlocks, vampires and many mixed bloods there will be many interesting stories to come.
Mari Hinton
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series.

This book is awesome. There are so many twists and trying to figure out who is behind everything. I was wrong . Can't wait for the next one. I am glad of who Ava ends up with at the end. Promise it won't disappoint.
Dorothy R Duchesne
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A drop of witch

Very entertaining and a good story. Now I want to read the other books in the series. I am looking forward to it.
Constance
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Plot Thickens

The summer heats up as the witches find new ways to lead me on a merry chase through a forest and dark basements. Cool off with this great new series!
Patricia Burnheimer
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Drop of Witch

This book had everything a mystery should have, suspects, love, mystery and laughter. I couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next one.
Michelle
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The 3rd Sweetland witch mystery is a good mystery. These seem to be getting a little darker with each book.
Melissa Payne
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed. Was a quick read however easy to solve from pretty early on who was the accomplice.
Becky marion
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Good read

Although I still enjoy the story line and the fluid ease of a quick read, I noticed a lot more editing issues in this book. It takes away from the story.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #118 - A Drop of Witch 1 1 Aug 02, 2017 10:27AM

• Hold Your Witches (Bless Your Witch, #11)
  • Fried Chicken & Fangs (Southern Charms Mystery #2)
  • Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3)
  • Murder Most Twisted (Witches of Crystal Cove #5)
  • Neptune’s Lair
  • Twilight Siege (The Fae Games, #2)
  • Phantom's Touch (Phantom, #2)
  • For Rent
  • Sassy and a Little Bad-Assy (Sassy Ever After)
  • Resisting the Bad Boy
  • How [Not] to Love a Hero (Cindy Eller, #7)
  • Do It Yourself
It was from reading Agatha Christie’s mystery books that inspired Zoe to write cozy mystery novels. Zoe liked the fact that cozy mysteries are able to offer readers a form of escapism that typical detective stories can’t.

Like what Marilyn Stasio, who has been the Crime columnist forThe New York TimesBook Review since the late 1980s, recently wrote: “The abiding appeal of the cozy mystery owes a lo

Sweetland Witch (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Witch Cake Murders (Sweetland Witch, #1)
  • The Witching Flavor (Sweetland Witch, #2)
  • Sweet Murder Hexes (Sweetland Witch #4)
  • Batter and Spells (Sweetland Witch #5)
  • Portion Disaster (Sweetland Witch #6)
  • Frosting Disaster (Sweetland Witch #7)
  • Witch Way to the Bakery (Sweetland Witch #8)
  • Royal Witch Curse (Sweetland Witch #9)
  • Witches, Recipes, and Murder (Sweetland Witch #10)
  • Sugar Magic Murder (Sweetland Witch #11)
“There was a knock on the door and another nurse came bouncing in. She had short red hair, milky skin, and was wearing pale pink lipstick. She was about the same age as my dad. Her nametag read Sadie.” 1 likes