Start by marking “Becoming a Vincent (The Wild Ones, #1)” as Want to Read:
Becoming a Vincent (The Wild Ones, #1)

Becoming a Vincent

(The Wild Ones #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  8,564 ratings  ·  1,087 reviews
Alternative Cover Edition of ASIN B072YXCNK1

When you live in a place where “turbo speed” internet is a slight step above dial-up, men carry on nine-year beard-growing challenges out of stubborn pride, and your brothers do things like nail all your panties to the outside of your cabin just for funsies, you tend to be a little crazy. You can call it a "locational" hazard, if
Published June 19th 2017

·  8,564 ratings  ·  1,087 reviews

Start your review of Becoming a Vincent (The Wild Ones, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Screw it, 5 stars, people.

This was just fucking fun to read.

description

Seriously, I enjoyed every second of this book.

There was no angst...
No manufactured drama...

description

Just some crazy ass characters...
...in a crazy hilarious made-up place...
...with some crazy as fuck "Wild One" rules.

Not a DAMN thing.
I wish I could live there.
I would totally fit in.

I want a water canon so bad.
SO bad.

And Benson.
I want Benson.
Hard.

But anycray, I love C.M. Owens' MC Club series and lots of my friends had a star party with
A.
Oh. My. God. Hahahahahaha! I LOVED it! I laughed my ass off.

It was totally silly, utterly ridiculous and funny as hell with such a refreshingly unique storyline and quirky, lovable characters.

It’s like a drug. You think you’re just having fun but, once you’re done, you realize you’re addicted - you can’t stop thinking about it and you want more.

Can’t wait to meet the other three corners of crazy :)

Bibi
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First time reading Owens and I simply can't believe I've waited this long. This is comedy gold, I nearly asphyxiated from laughing so hard.

Jen
What a funny and entertaining story! The small town of Tomahawk is a very unique place indeed!!! The people who live in this town are also very unique!! There are a group of individuals that call themselves the “Wild Ones,” and believe me; I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of their pranks!!! They have water cannons shooting at one another, and the brothers of our heroine hung her panties up outside her front yard!!! There are so many antics going on that there is never a dull moment!!!

I
Jilly
I asked my friends if they had any funny book recommendations and Umaiya told me try this one and said I could thank her later.
Well, THANK YOU, UMAIYA!!!

Best idea since someone thought of adding synthetic cheese to macaroni!

In case you are thinking to yourself, "I've sent Jilly recommendations before. She never read them."
Well, I should tell you that I never look at that recommendation list thingy here. There are hundreds of them, but I'm lazy. So... eh. Too much work. But, if you tell me in p
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Because it's Tomahawk Stars

That feeling you get when you take a chance on a book that's been sitting on your kindle for forever, and you LOVE IT!!

photo happy_zpspa8zqyth.gif

It was so much fun and now I just want to be a 'Wild One' or I'd settle for just being Benson's neighbour ;) He is panty melting HOT!

When a book starts out with the heroine stuck up a tree holding a big stick trying to scare off a mumma cougar, you just know it's going to be a fun ride.

photo pumapants_zps9wzembhi.jpg

Lilah Vincent is one strong, feisty and crazy chick! I l
Barbara➰
What a fun read! It was totally hysterical at times. I absolutely loved Benson (though he did keep a few secrets I wasn't happy about a little too long and you just know they're going to blow up in your face). But, I loved how he just "got" Lilah's brand of crazy. He got it, he accepted and he loved it.

I loved Lilah too. She was crazy but you see a normal softer side to her too.

Like I said, it was just a fun book and I'm looking forward to more in the series.
Holly
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Holly by: Jilly
Shelves: 2018-read, romance
What does a flag depicting a dead chipmunk, a nine year beard growing contest, and a water cannon have in common? They all appear in this crazy, fun book! The town and the people in this book are kind of nuts and I am all for it. I greatly enjoyed this, so if you're looking for something light-hearted and romantic, pick this one up. I'm reading the next book in this series ASAP. Thanks Jilly for bringing this series to my attention through your awesome reviews :) ...more
C.M. Owens
Jun 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-releases

And it’s live!!!

Amazon US – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072YXCNK1

Amazon UK – https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072YXCNK1

Amazon AU – should be live, but is taking just a bit longer.

Amazon CA – https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B072YXCNK1

Kobo – https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/beco...

iBooks- https://itun.es/us/3tlHkb.l

Nook – https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/becomi...
JewelsyGoolsy
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute, funny, entertaining. Nuff said. Can't wait for the next book in this series.

Told in dual POV (but 85% is from h's POV) and great introduction to a hilarious town and townspeople. I wasn't swooned out of my panties but I sure had a great time reading this. Ended in a HFN, where we know we'll be seeing more of this couple as the series continues.
Dilek VT
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
That was hilarious. Some crazy fun, indeed! I enjoyed my time with this book.

My actual grading is 3,5 stars. Too bad we are not allowed to give half points here. I hate lowering or raising my actual rating.

OK, let's talk about the book. Actually, I've now realized that I was too late to start a book by C.M. Owens, but better late than never, right?

"Becoming a Vincent" is the first book in The Wild Ones series. It is a book that is "too light" with really funny characters.

There is this town call
Alex ♈
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe

The book is funny, even hilarious.

And not only because I read it being on vacation and after I drunk 2 beers & 1 Guinness. Ups, Guinness is a beer too.*
So, 3 beers, then I tasted 2 Whiskeys, polished it all with a glass of Chardonnay and secluded it with another shot of Whiskey.
Yes, it was a nice day!
And no, I don't have a problem with alcohol! 🙄

***gif to be added***

The book is funny and not TSTL, but definitely immature.

She wasn't a virgin and she didn't have a crush on him for the l
Lana Reads
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
It was fun, fast paced and a little bit crazy, yes. The characters had good chemistry and I liked how adult the hero acted. I could've lived without some casual cattiness and misogyny though, so here goes my one star.

All in all, if you are looking for something fun to shut off your mind, this one is the kind of book to go for.
EmBibliophile
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
4 crazy stars.

“Because it’s Tomahawk.”

This was a crazy quick fun entertaining read. It was so enjoyable.

I love books that takes place in small towns where everyone is in everyone’s business, and this town was so freakin insane with crazy challenges, traditions, and pranks. I also loved the ‘wild ones tips’ at the beginning of every chapter. They were hilarious.

People in Tomahawk are so wild, unique, and CRAZY!
Lilah Vincent is a feisty crazy girl, and Benson is definitely her equal. They have b
Wendy
Absolutely wonderful !! Laughed my ass off, 4,5 stars, and review to come...someday :P
Dilinna
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a wild, fun read!!!! I really enjoyed it
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Alright, I'm giving it a solid...

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

**** 4 Seductive Lip Bites ****

FUN with a capital "F", y'all!

description

This was a friends-to-lovers, angst free, bit of heat, whole lotta funny trip to crazy town. And when I say crazy town, I mean fucking CRAZY TOWN... which I abso-freakin'-lutely LURVE! It's seriously like the characters in this book are in a competition to see who can be the bigger nutcase!

description

The love aspect in this story was cute, had some spice, and was fairly predictable. It was the lovely l
Stacey is Sassy
I want to be a Wild One...

If you're looking for a really entertaining, funny and sexy story, I highly recommend giving Becoming A Vincent a try. Lilah and Benson were perfect together and I loved that their friendship was fully established before they even contemplated a relationship. The people of Tomahawk are a wee bit crazy but completely lovable.

It was a wee bit OTT with their silly shenanigans, but it was all done in fun and never mean spirited...well, not too mean spirited. Pipe bombs, pai
Chan
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by my wonderful GR Friend Lucka. I tried to read it a few weeks ago, but I had to make a very important decision, become-

Or

description/

Let me tell you, this was such a hard decision. Sleeping in the car or reading a book? Hmm...which one?

I finally had to give up reading for about a week, but I quickly returned to this book. AND OMGosh...You Have To Read it! I dare you to read it and not laugh or even smile:

Chapter 17 is where I really became invested in the story and the ch
Snow
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't just say one line like this: "I loved it!"

But I m gonna say it here and I 'll even repeat it, if needs be...

I FUCKIN LOVED IT
.😝

Funny, light, entertaining "friends-to-lovers" romance with just a slight notch of the 'wild' side shown in a small town called Tomahawk and the 4 corners of the Wild Ones and the rest of the townies with their 'unusual' and 'unconventional' ways of dealing and settling the score!

Yeah, you don't wanna miss all the fun!

I had a blast while reading about
DW
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man.. That was so much fun. I want to be a Wild One!!
Julia ❤︎
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 "wild" Stars

We’re fierce. We’re loyal. We’re occasionally destructive. We’re undoubtedly wild. Because we’re the Wild Ones.

Initial Thoughts

It's official I want to move to Tomahawk, Washington. The people may be wild, and the men may have intense ass beards, and yet there is an undercurrent of love, affection, and unity within the small lake community. C.M. Owens has also one again wowed me with her ability to write such a great heroine. Not only that, but with Becoming Vince
Carvanz
Oh my gosh, this was so freaking good!!! I swear there were times I was laughing so hard I just about peed myself!

This book was recommended to me a loooong time ago and for one reason or another I put it off until I never thought about it again. When it popped up on a Goodreads challenge, I dusted it off and I am literally kicking myself for being the one reader who hasn’t experienced the Wild Ones!

From the very first pages, this book captured me, made me smile, made me laugh and at times had m
Bev
This was recommended though one of the discounted books emails I get and the blurb just appealed. For 99p you can't go wrong I thought, one clicked, started it and read it in one sitting.

It's whacked, crazy, snort-worthy, crazy and did I say whacked and I laughed my bloody socks off. Just what I needed to get me out of my slump. No angst, no drama, no ridiculous manufactured anything. Just a romp through crazyland.

I absolutely need me a Benson of my own.
Sateem ó_ò

OH.. MY.. GOD!!
Holy shit, this was such a fun ride!

It’s insane.. It’s surreal and insane..
And once again…

I pretty much laughed throughout the whole damn book. It’s one of the funniest books that I’ve read in a long while.
“If your ass catches on fire, jump in the lake. That’s what it’s there for”
I was laughing so hard at that scene, that my sister -who was sleeping in the room next to me- came to throw a pillow at my face.

In the end, I could only leave you with the immortal words of Dan Pear
Danielle
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

Well, wasn't that ridiculously fun!
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️
5 "This is Tomahawk" stars

Where has this been all my life?!

How am I JUST hearing about it??

I don't have words. It was just that awesome and simple and crazy and easy and fantastic and high of a book!
I am honoured to have had the absolute privilege of reading this and yes, like my friend Anna says in her review of the next book,
"I want Killian's book.
And Kai's.
And George Malone's.
And his four nephews'.
And Hale's.
And Krysta's.
And Nila's.

Fuck it, I want a book for EVERY character in this crazy-
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
"Welcome to Tomahawk. The land of a hundred unruly beards, and everyone's own individual brand of crazy."

"We're a crazy, somewhat bizarre, certainly wacky town that makes life work and lives it to the fullest.
We're fierce.
We're loyal.
We're occasionally destructive.
We're undoubtedly wild.
Because we're the Wild Ones.
And we're just getting started."

Umaiya *Insignificant September* Thank You!!! I freaking loved this book. Ate it up as fast as I could.
The humor.
*Stand-alone book
*Sexual Content
*Adult language
*Completely, 100% crazy

How could I not pick this up after that description? I have been struggling through a bit of a reading slump when a dear friend recommended this lighthearted read to me. Hi, Chan! xx And that is exactly what this book delivered!

This takes place in a small remote community where bets are made and pranks are played. They also rank the families that reside there by their level of craziness. Apparently, the Vi
Apoorva
I think I've mentioned it in one of my previous reviews too that I have seen crazy. In my family, friends and sometimes in the mirror too. To make you believe it, let's tell you something- once me and my cousins were flying kites on the terrace above the first floor and I cut off my cousin's kite with mine. It was his favorite. And when it began to tumble down he leapt after it and went down to the ground floor. In his defense he was grieving and didn't realize he'd leapt off the railing. Fortun ...more

• Worth It
  • The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)
  • All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4)
  • Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2)
  • Scarlet Toys (Violent Circle, #1)
  • Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5)
  • Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3)
  • The Favor
  • Frat Hell (Violent Circle, #2)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Level Up (Violent Circle, #5)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • Zero F*cks (Violent Circle #4)
  • Gypsy Blood (All The Pretty Monsters, #1)
  • Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
C.M. Owens only writes romance, but she's a sub-genre whore.

She has two other pen names that she writes under.
Kristy Cunning for Reverse Harem and S.T. Abby for her darker/stabby books.

The Wild Ones (3 books)
  • Going Wild (The Wild Ones, #2)
  • Wilder (The Wild Ones #3)

News & Interviews

“Wild Ones Tip #238
It’s rare we have feelings. Don’t fuck with them when we do.”
3 likes
“First rule of family: brothers don’t hit sisters. They take their beatings, because sisters only beat them when they deserve it.” 3 likes