Start by marking “Cocky Chef” as Want to Read:
Cocky Chef

Cocky Chef

You can call me arrogant as much as you want. But when you're the best at what you do and have the hottest restaurant on the west coast, with enough Michelin stars to make Gordon Ramsay's head spin, you've earned the right to your confidence.

When I give an instruction in the kitchen, it's not a suggestion--it's an order. So when a new chef thinks she can do thi
Published July 31st 2017 (first published July 29th 2017)

Lady Heather

photo 99 cents.jpg

Buy Link

AMAZON: http://amzn.to/2uaOVPA

photo cover.jpg

Synopsis

When I give an instruction in the kitchen, it's not a suggestion--it's an order. So when a new chef thiSynopsis
You
Debbi
There's something about a guy that....you were expecting the word - cook? Well, yeah, that too...but, I meant the guy that writes these hot guys....I think the reason he writes them so well, is because these guys are all his alter egos. He's kind of like a super hero that Jax Dylan Hawkins. He knows what men like and what they can do to make women purr, swoon and fall in love. He always has the best book covers and names for his characters. He. Just. Does. It. Right.

Cocky Chef is JD Hawkins bes
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳A cocky but beyond irresistible chef, with magic hands that will have you drooling for more...

I will say this, I am impressed with this story, and now I will be honest I was expecting to not like it AT ALL but I gave it a shot and am glad I did because I enjoyed it more than what I thought I would. The angst between Cole and Willow was one that I have not read in such a long time. It was slow for sure which was one thing that trigger me to give it a four, but slow but steady, they both climb
Margaret
Ingredients:

5 Cups of pure Deliciousness
5 Tablespoons of Real Characters
5 Teaspoons of Research into the
Restaurant Industry, spot on food
descriptions, and two incredible sexy Chefs!
A pinch of angst and throw in pure
emotions, tenderness, strong character
development, sexy and emotional moments
Mr.Hawkins gives you another 5 star read!
A splash of two of my favorite little moments
in this book...."You do you" and "Truth"
you want to call it that?" "Mm-hmm," I h
FunUndertheCovers
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What happens when a confident, cocky chef hires a new cook that gives him a run for his money? Sparks fly and in more than just the kitchen!

OMG! What can I say about this book? Well other than leaving me drooling and so hungry, this has to be the best writing that JD Hawkins has done so far! Oh my goodness, his amazing attention to detail blows my mind every single time. This book is beautifully written. You feel like you are part of this story, living it out with the characters. You
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live AMAZON: http://amzn.to/2uaOVPA

4 Delicious Stars <3

Cocky Chef was a sweet,sexy and delicious story.It has a great story line,loveable characters and the perfect amount of angst keeping me in line from the beginning.

I loved the relationship that Willow and Cole has.I adored them and I couldn't get enough of them.There was always a spark and an energy every time they were together.Willow is sassy and she is likes her job.Cole is cocky and arrogant but she is intrigued by Willow.I loved how these two start spending time together.

Overall it was a nice
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦This one hit real close to home, people. I, too, both like the hero and the heroine of this book, very very very much love food.

➦But, unlike the hero and the heroine of this book, I only enjoy the actual eating part, not the cooking. That's not to say I'm not an excellent chef.

➦Jake, buddy, you would me. But you know what? I don't wanna talk about it. Let's talk about
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, review-copies
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review...

Cocky Chef by J.D. Hawkins was so freaking amazing that I am literally kicking myself in the a** since it happens to be the first book that I have read from this amazingly talented author. I recently
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
* ...more
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cole Chambers is an internationally-renowned celebrity chef who owns the hottest restaurant on the west coast. As one of the most famous chefs in the world, he's known as the best. He was on a professional cooking TV show, & now he owns a restaurant in L.A. called Knife & is working on opening another restaurant in Vegas. He's cocky & a perfectionist. He lives in the Hollywood Hills & has it all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cole lik
Jodi
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so wonderful. It is without a doubt JD's best work to date. And that's saying a lot because I love his books, and Unprofessional was a favorite of mine, as well. But Cocky Chef takes JD's ability to another level. The quality of the writing, the depth of feeling, the word choice and the visuals that are evoked are nothing less than truly amazing.

Our alpha male is Cole Chambers, a former reality TV star chef, turned restauranteur, a hot as hell former bad boy with a stubb
Dominique
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed this book for two reasons:
1. The prose
2. The journey of its author.

Lets start with the Prose. I like the idea of a book about food, because... food. I also love books about strong female characters. Its amazing when men can capture women at their womany-ist. Witty, smart, and sexy (this part men seem to nail).
In _Cocky Chef_ We have Willow, who is now in my top 10 fave female characters to date. She isn't insecure, shes strong and sure and know
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
So, this was a savory and sweet contemporary romance.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

**** 4 Seductive Lip Bites ****

Our H, Cole Chambers, is basically Gordon Ramsey (in temperament, not appearance).

description

He's a super successful genius chef in the culinary world. He's had his own TV show. He has the hottest and most fabulous restaurant in LA. He's cocky and demanding and expects absolutely NOTHING less than perfection.

Willow is our h, and she's a brand new line cook in Cole's hot LA restaurant.

description

However, Willow is more than she appears
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This book was like a Hell’s Kitchen slash Master Chef slash steamy whirlwind romance all smashed together. I loved how detailed the author was with cuisine, cooking styles, and the business end of a restaurant. I’m not sure how he researched these topics, but most of it was spot on. I found that there were many times that I had to ask my friend, who happens to be an Executive Chef, classically trained in the French style, questions for verification purposes and each time my friend came back with ...more
Karen
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chefs can be so pretentious and chefy and so up their own backsides with their truffles and effervescent jam. Cole Chambers is just that, like Gordon Ramsay but a whole lot more sexy. Have you seen the cover, I licked it? Cole thinks high end dining, is small portions on big plates sold at a high price with a soupçon of saucy sauce in perfect formation.

Along comes Willow with her fresh food ideas and dirty burgers. I went out for lunch today with my work buddies and the most popular thing on th
Paige
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 "Cocky" Stars

Hello Cocky Chef cover. *drools*

Cocky Chef is a witty, sexy enemies to lovers workplace romance. Cole and Willow have a palpable connection and their back and forth was just as tantalizing. Right from their very first unfortanuate (for Willow) meeting, Willow's desire to impress him and Cole's hard as stone facade, creates a magical combination that Mr. Hawkins constantly delivers.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.
Karen
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read! I loved that Willow comes from a small town in Idaho to LA and was a strong female lead. I like that she stood up for what she wanted, but was still soft and caring. Cole who is the owner of Knife and celebrity chef where Willow works has a past and works hard to not let people get too close. The chemistry between Cole and Willow was electric. This book was hard to put down. And instead of a playlist at the end of the book, I think there should be a recipe book. Food an ...more
christine l. sturgill
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up and did not put it down untill I was finished. I loved everything about this book. A few things really stood out for me. I loved the concept of world renowned chef butting heads with a head strong, relatively new but extremely talented chef. Both Cole and Willow challenge each other and bring out the best in each other. I also loved how this book sucks you into the story line. Cocky Chef definitely delivers a wide range of emotions through out the book. Cole is cocky yet so ...more
Thia Finn
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cocky Chef is a fresh new contemporary romance that offers a look into the culinary world. Hawkins does a wonderful job creating a believable story line as readers are offered a peak into the private lives of Willow and Cole.
The beautiful language Hawkins chooses to depict the behind the scenes world of the restauranteurs leaves readers wanting more of the food, more elegant French dishes, and definitely more explosive bedroom scenes.
If you've never read a JD Hawkins' novel, now is the time to
Love N. Books
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02

I only liked this book because the word "Cock" is in the title. And he's a cook. Which could easily be mistaken as cock. And I'm in the book. Or there is a character with my name. Coincidence?

Just kidding.

I liked (FINE. LOVED the book) on top of all that shit too. I'm actually convinced at this point that JD Hawkins is actually a chef, not an author. I mean, I never really think about food, unless it's tacos, but this one actually had my mouth watering with
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

I was wanting a bit of cocky-ness and what better book to read than one that actually had it in the title. Add into it that it's written by J.D. Hawkins and winner winner, chicken dinner - Chef-style of course! ;)

The book starts off with a back story on Willow and how she became a Chef and how right out of culinary school, she opened up her own restaurant only to have it fail. Now, she's in L.A. with the help of a friend and trying to pay off her debt.

She starts working at Knife and that's whe
Becky
Cocky Chef by JD Hawkins
Actual rating: 2 stars

The good:
- I loved that our heroine, Willow, knows her shit with cooking, isn't afraid to disagree with Cole, and is ambitious.
- Reading about the environment of a professional kitchen was interesting, I've never read a book centering on a restaurant before.

The bad:
- The hero is a grade-A selfish prick for 85% of the book. He clearly likes having power over Willow and even takes credit for one of her recipes.
- He sees Will
Wit & Wonder Books
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

J D Hawkins’ Cocky Chef pits an arrogant, perfectionist against a laid back country girl. Told from both characters POV, you get to experience both sides of every argument. Don’t worry, they eventually get their HEA.

Cole Chambers, chef and owner of Knife, the top restaurant in L.A. is well known for his temper and exacting specifications to his recipes. The smallest mistake will cost you your career. So when he wants to enjoy his
Lisa Menor
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.

Cole Chambers owns Knife the biggest restaurant in LA. He's had a rough week and heads to Knife to blow off some steam and that's when he locks horns with his recently hired chef Willow. Willow has just been taken to task and is prepared to face the consequences, but Cole has other plans for her. Cole finds himself making excuses just to spend more time with Willow. Not a wise thing for an employer to do. Cole is living his
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

c4cdad674d73f5f36793967c378332

Cocky Chef is a delicious, sizzling, and tempting romance that will satisfy the hunger of romance readers as J.D. Hawkins serves up a love story that was a riot of entertainment as a cocky chef and a newly hired line cook world’s collide. Two different personalities. One kitchen. And sexual tension that has reachclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Cocky
Lauren Luman
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC.

This is my favorite yet of JD Hawkins' books!! It was such an adrenaline rush to read about the charged chemistry between Cole and Willow. So much passion, for their craft, their skill, each other. I felt like I was holding my breath through most of the book. Don't worry, I'm still breathing.

I don't think I've read any books with this type of boss/employee storyline. In a restaurant. Where timing is everything and you have to get things just
Kiki
There is no second chance for first impression!
And the first impression I get is THAT cover!
A grown ass man chewing on his shirt!
Get me the fuck outta here 🤦♀
Stephanie Erickson
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Small town girl Willow moves to LA to pick up the pieces of her failed restaurant in Idaho. She starts working for Michelin star chef Cole Chambers.

He has a reputation for being an unforgiving hard ass.

Cole Chambers comes to his restaurant one night to have dinner. He starts his meal and after a bite he's yelling for the chef who cooked his potatoes. When Willow is brought from the kitchen the spit fire doesn't back down. And Cole is intrigued.

When they start
Melanie (mells_view)
Food is the way to my heart :)

Cole is a big time LA chef who is known as a perfectionist and a bit of a control freak. He once had his own cooking show, but now he's moved more into the business side of the food world. Opening restaurants opposed to cooking.

Willow is a small town girl who has trained to be an amazing chef. She started her own business in her small town and unfortunately it didn't work out. Now she's in LA to get a good job so she can pay off her loans from her
Sam Lewis
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
J.D. Hawkins just made Chef Romance a thing. Cocky Chef had my stomach in knots and my heart going berserk! He has done it again. He creates characters that come to life. It's like I was right there in the kitchen with Cole and Willow. This book is so hot I just couldn't put it down and it left me hungry for more.

I have always had a thing for cooking shows and competitions, but I have never really read any romance books about a chef. I love that Cole and Willow know their way in and out of a ki
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, stand-alone, arc
I loved Cocky Chef. There is no other way to put it ; I simply loved the book as a whole. Of course the cover got my attention but I'm always in when J.D. Hawkins writes a book. I know I'll have something fun, easy-going, sweet and that I'm going to spend a good time. Well once again mission accomplished.
While certain things were missing, I just come to the conclusion that I didn't care because I was all the way in. I was enthralled by Cole & Willow, by their passion for their work, by their banter an

• A Hot Winter (Attraction #2)
  • Bait: Alpha Billionaire Romance Part 1
  • Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf, #1)
  • Undone, Volume 2 (Undone, #2)
  • ASMODEUS: Demon of Lust Part 1
  • Loving You Is Easy (Loving You, #1)
  • Pieces Lost (Devil Call MC - Talon & Everly, #2)
  • Hate Me (Hate Me, #1)
  • Not Your Hero
  • The Undying God
  • Crazy Beautiful (Crazy, #1)
  • The Truth About Lennon
  • Tempting Irish (Wild Irish, #2)
  • Noah's Wife
  • Clipped (Men at Work Series #1)
  • The Fighter's Fierce Temptation (The Burton Brothers, #1)
  • Double Her Fantasy (Double Seduction #1)
  • Dare
“And the last one,” he says, leaning over the table now, his voice low and directed, as if uttering a conspiracy. “You wanna leave your customers wanting more. Now I’m not saying leave them hungry, but you wanna leave them a couple of bites short of completely satisfied. The meal lingers then, so they don’t just forget it and start thinking about work or traffic or their taxes. Think about it: people will love a single bite of caviar more than they’ll ever love a plate of it.” 0 likes