Start by marking “Ensnared (Immortal Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ensnared (Immortal Chronicles, #2)

Ensnared

(Immortal Chronicles #2)

The Immortals rescued Darcie from the hands of their enemy, but her safety is far from secure.

Darcie is back in Maine and eager to forget the trauma and unbelievable truths forced upon her. Enrolling in classes, getting a part-time job, and finally snagging her childhood crush have the teenager hoping all involvement with the immortals will stay in the past.
Meanwhile, stoi
Published July 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Ensnared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ensnared

Sian
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I felt captivated to read "Ensnared" till the end it has less pages than "Enlightened" but it was action packed and well written I can't wait for "Envisioned" to be released in October
Abi
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who have read Enlightened
I received a copy of Ensnared from the author in exchange for an honest review.

A definite improvement from book one. While I felt the prologue was a little long, it was important, and once Darcie got into the story, it was much more interesting. For those concerned about use of "the teenager" and "the petite immortal", etc. they barely appear.

This book was a quicker read. Why?

1) It was actually shorter, but still action packed and interesting.

2) I thought more stuff happened. I think a big par
G.K. DeRosa
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ensnared was a great follow up to the first book in the series, which started a little slow for me. This second book was much more action packed with lots of new revelations. And that ending! I feel bad for the high school crush, but I am totally team Darcie and Des - sorry, not sorry! I'm looking forward to seeing what develops with them because the romance is my favorite part of any story :)
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author, Samantha Britt, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Samantha, for the opportunity to read your newest release. I loved it!

4/5 Stars

Ensnared is the second YA book in the Immortal Chronicles series by Samantha Britt. I was fortunate enough to read this immediately after Enlightened, Book One. Where Enlightened deals heavily with building the foundation of Britt’s series, Ensnared takes its readers head first into the plot & provides a mu
Ramona Plant
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ensnared is a well written second book in the Immortal Chronicles series by Samantha Britt. For this series it does help reading them one after the other since they do really build upon each other. The book has a well developed plot with some nice twists hidden within that slowly unravel throughout the pages. There are however still quite a few big questions that will be left unanswered, leaving you waiting for the next one in this series, thankfully it seems that one will be released soon. I fo ...more
Taylor
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Ensnared in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed Book 1 of this series, so i was excited to see the plot and the characters develop in book 2!

I felt that this book was super fast paced, not as in terms of book longevity (which although it was shorter, it didn't feel like it), but just because the story was so quick to progress. Life was just not going the way that Darcie wanted it to, once again she is shoved into the dramas of immortals, but this time she's got
P Leslie
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

Ensnared is the second book in the Immortal Chronicle Series therefore, if you haven't read Enlightened, I would strongly urge you to do so. This series is seriously addictive - I literally devoured this book within few hours. I cant believe the book ended on a cliffhanger!

The beginning was slow paced but when things picked up - my eyes were glued to my kindle, I didn't want to miss a second
Sara
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, epub, arc
I received an ARC from the author and this is my honest review.

I'll start with... WHAT IN THE HELL?!?! Tell me it didn't just end on a HUGE cliffhanger! Please tell me also that there's book 3 at the ready because I'm seriously freaking out here. I need book 3 and I see it'll be released in october... No, I can't actually wait that long. It's about 3 months from now.
Anyway, let's go back and actually review this book. Which was really good. And I must admit that I'm now a fan of Alexander the
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC, in exchange for an honest review.

What an awesome continuation of the story. It feels like you pick up from where Enlightened finished, and perhaps a bit of time has passed, but not really. Middle books are always hard, sorta like the second movie in a trilogy, but I feel that Samantha did a great job of continuing to move us along in the lives of all involved. Darcie is trying to live her life. The brothers are trying to figure out how to move past the rebellion. And yet,
T.L. McDonald
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Ensnared, book two in Samantha Britt’s Immortal Chronicles series.
In book one, Enlightened, Darcie’s life undoubtedly becomes complicated, and in book two it only gets more complicated, which makes for some great storytelling.

Darcie just wants her old life back, a life free of immortal rebellions and the proposed notion that she’s Des’s One. But life doesn’t always give us what we want. A fact Darcie soon comes to realize when she’s swept back into the immortal world as weird
Tammy
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This the second book in the Immortal Chronicles. Darcie is at home in Maine at the beginning and life seems back to normal. She soon realizes it isn't and won't be and that is where the action starts. I really liked the addition of Alexander and his coven. Some of Darcie's actions drive me nuts with her not using her head and thinking she can do better than immortals or supernaturals. One scene where she is supposed to just be quiet and keep her mouth shut she can't even manage to do that. It is ...more
meghann
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This was one of those books that I just didn't want to finish. I saw that completion percentage nearing 100% and was so upset because I knew I was running out of story. So much was revealed in this one, and I am so excited to see where the story goes next. I liked how the first part of this book recapped some of the important scenes from the book one. I have autoimmune brain fog, so that just makes my life easier. The second half of the book was one revelation after another, and that ending. Oh. ...more
annemarie_bookaholic
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copies
Thank you to the author, Samantha Britt, for allowing me to read an advance copy of this book and understanding when I couldn't finish it before the release date...

The second book in the Immortal Chronicles which started out slow but the more I read the better it got. I only had one problem with this book when vampires were introduced....I'm not a big fan of vampires so I almost stopped reading but I kept going and it wasn't bad. The story line was really interesting and kept my interest....then
Wendi Wilson
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing follow up to Enlightened! The action never stalls and we get to learn more about Darcie and what makes her different. I loved the romantic aspect of the book: just enough to tease you, but not so much to take over the plot.
The world-building expands beautifully in this second installment of the Immortal Chronicles, revealing other non-human beings and their relationship to the Immortals. The new characters expand the story beautifully, adding new depth and intrigue.
I really couldn't put
Annette Drewett
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a voluntary read of an Advanced Review Copy and I would highly recommend it.
I enjoyed this book as much as the first one. Darcie takes a while to decide on her feelings between Kevin and Des, but finally makes her decision after a several dangerous situations occur. A newcomer in this book, Alexander, opens up more of Darcie’s story to the reader. From almost the first time they meet he seems to know her. Alexander’s final statement in the book was entirely unexpected. I am totally hook
Julie Schreckendgust
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow loves this book

So this was an interesting take on a fairy tale... this book was just as week written as the 1st with less then 5 grammar and spelling errors. The author grab my attention with the 1st book and held it with this one. I love th ed strong characters from start to finish no if only October 11th would come quickly for the 3rd book. I hate waiting but this series is worth it!
Belinda Clemons
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
omg Samantha how could you end it on such a cliffy. Lol Ensnared was well Ensnaring. And boy was it intense. This series just keeps getting better and better. There are a few new lovable characters, added to the already beloved characters from the first book, in this one that make it just as good as Enlightened, and boy does it pack a punch. you find out a lot in this one and get a few more questions. i really cant wait for book 3.
Lisa Eiff
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, ya
I really enjoyed reading this book. Darcie must decide between a love interest in her hometown, and the Immortal that everyone seems to think she is fated to be with. She and the Immortal crew come to new realizations in this book. I'd recommend this book to fans of YA fantasy.
Shannon
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story that continues where the first book in the series left off, giving you more information about the characters. The characters have even more depth in this book and you find yourself unable to put it down wanting to know what will happen next.
Kelly Stepp
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an amazing second in series! The mix of romance, deception, and action had me so emotionally wrapped up and left me wondering just who can be trusted. The story pulls you in right from the start and flows so well that I didn't want it to end. This series has quickly become one of my all-time favorites and I can't wait for the next book!
Jackie
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Darcie is back home and hoping that everything is normal, but of course it's not. Started a bit slow, but definitely picked up after a few pages. Just loved it and ready for the next. An amazing fantasy read. Received an ARC.
Cherie
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As good as the first book. I am looking forward to the next one.
JerryLee Britt
Nov 27, 2017
Aimee
Oct 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Lifelong reader turned author, Samantha Britt enjoys reading and writing young adult and new adult fantasy and paranormal romance.

Her latest series, Immortal Chronicles, will be released Summer 2017.

Immortal Chronicles (4 books)
  • Enlightened (Immortal Chronicles, #1)
  • Envisioned (Immortal Chronicles, #3)
  • Enraptured (Immortal Chronicles, #4)