Start by marking “The Botanist (The Sin Bin, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Botanist (The Sin Bin, #3)

The Botanist

(The Sin Bin #3)

When mistaken identity leads a young botanist into trouble, Navy SEALs come to the rescue.

Aled Demers prefers plants over people. He survives an attack in Anguilla alive but emotionally and physically scarred. Back home in Cardiff, he struggles with PTSD and his unraveling life.

Wyatt "Earp" Hardy lives for his SEAL brothers. Retiring from military service brings new chall
Published August 26th 2017 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Botanist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Botanist

Start your review of The Botanist (The Sin Bin, #3)
Cadiva
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, sweet and utterly adorable

Well that was short but very cleverly done as we get to see Wyatt and Aled's relationship through a series of vignettes which jump from the moment they meet until the epilogue.

Coco.V
Aug 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/26/2019)! 🎁
books are love
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Dahlia Donovan and Hot Tree Publishing bring us a beautiful love story, a short story, involving an unlikely cast of characters. @DahliaDonovan, Exquisite once again!.” – MainelyStories – Amazon Reviewer.

“What I particularly liked about this book, is what's NOT here, it's what is missing. It is almost clean. Bar one scene at the end, there is no sex! And if you follow my reviews, you'll know I do prefer my books, male/male ones especially, on the more explicit side. So, for me to say that I rea
Socially Book Nerd
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

4 Stars

Wyatt and his fellow Navy Seals come upon a vessel that is docked where it shouldn’t be, and discover Aled, a Botanist student, who has been attacked by a drug cartel. The Seals come onboard and save Aled and return him to safety, but Wyatt can’t stop thinking about the frightened young man, so he seeks him out to assure himself that he’s healing well. But Aled isn’t handling things well at all.

Can I have a Wyatt?! He was such a doll. The patience and persistence he showed throughout th
Debbie
I was gifted my copy of this book direct from the author, that I write a review was not required.

This is book 2.5 in the Sin Bin series, but you don't need to have read book one, The Wanderer, and book two, The Caretaker, to follow this one. BUT! You should. Not least of which they are both 5 star reads, but because I said SO!!

US Navy Seal Wyatt is sent on a mission jointly with the Royal Marines and rescues Aled, a botanist caught in the cross fire of a drug smuggling ring, and has been tortur
Fundamentally
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

I do enjoy Dahlia’s stories and this one introduces Wyatt, who works for Hamish, and Aled, the botanist. It was a rather long timeline for a novella and a rather heavy subject, showing glimpses of Aled’s slow recovery from PTSD. It’s written well, using time jumps to take the couple forward in time to a sweet, happy ending. Would have made a good novel.
Maria Vickers
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Three in the Sin Bin Series is here and if you liked the others, you will love this one!! I'm going to put my typical warning label on this one too...get a couple of tissues ready. My heart broke for Aled and I felt so bad for everything he endured.

Navy SEAL, Wyatt Earp saved Aled from drug runners, but now Aled has to deal with the after effects from the traumatic experience. Thankfully, Wyatt is there to help him through that as well.

I loved this book. Like with most books by Dahlia Don
Caroline
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this short story, I couldn't put it down. The plot was different, the writing style is what has made me a Dahlia Donovan fan, but the characters are again perfect. Gorgeous men loving their significant other hard after falling fast. 'The Botanist' can be read as a standalone but this series to too good to not read them all, I can't wait for the next book, Hamish's story.

Wyatt (a Seal) first meets Aled (a student Botanist) when he rescues him from being tortured by drug barons.
Kaye
Short and sweet.

This serves its purpose as an introduction to the next book in the series.

It left me wanting more but I realise it couldn't dwell too long on the beginning, which was an awful experience for Aled and would have become a book about his recovery.

Wyatt is a fine man and perfect for Aled . He reminded me of Caddock so much so that I could hear him every time he spoke.

Dahlia is so good at weaving this series together and I can't wait for the next book.

I'm definitely looking forward to
MariaLisa deMora
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short, sweet, and well-crafted

Exactly what we've come to expect from Ms. Donovan. She delivers with complex characters and a depth of emotion that leaves us wanting more.
Mainely Stories
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shorts, m-m, military, ptsd, seal
Dahlia Donovan and Hot Tree Publishing bring us a beautiful love story, a short story, involving an unlikely cast of characters.  @DahliaDonovan, Exquisite once again! Published 8/26/17.

Navy SEALS are on a training exercise with their British counterparts when they identify a small boat in their designated combat zone, an area where there should be no boat.  Wyatt, SEAL team leader has been thinking about leaving the Navy and time to move on to other parts of his life, partially due to DADT rest
Kathy Wideman
I love this series. This book is a little different from the others in this series. Instead of a rugby player he is a navy SEAL. Aled is a botanist and a case of mistaken identity leaves him with both physical and emotional scares. Navy SEALs came to his rescue. Wyatt was one of those SEALs and something about Aled struck him. Wyatt never expected his last mission to be saving a botanist while on a training mission. Aled calls to him in a way no man has before. Can he help Aled heal and find lov ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A tasty little tidbit to feed my new addiction to this author's Sin Bin series. Finished in a few hours but every minute was intense.

Alad is a botanist, a grad student who is accidentally captured and tortured while on a pleasure cruise and is found by a joint US SEAL team and Royal Marine team that happen to be doing exercises in the area.

Over the course of more than a year, one of the SEALs, Wyatt, comes to care for Alad during the course of helping the young man overcome his PTSD. This is a
ML
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A recovery that turned to love

Wyatt and Aled meet under dire circumstances.
The Navy SEAL and Botanist fall in love with each other a bit each day. As Aled recovers from his ordeal, Wyatt makes sure he’s always there for him.

It’s a wonderful story of the power of love. It’s a bit different than the other two stories in this series but I loved it.
Tessa Ashworth
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Freaking Cow! Awesome read

This story is fast paced but an excellent read. Couldnt put it down and wasn't disappointed. Now must read other books in the series.
Melanie
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-ckS

From that review: " If someone wanted a quick introduction to the writing style of Dahlia Donovan and a reason why they should definitely read her stories, then look no further than her novelette The Botanist (The Sin Bin #3).  At 84 pages, it has the emotional heft you would expect of a much larger novel, layered characters and relationships so fully developed that their rang
Reanna Hanley
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Sin Bin series

Although this book is part of the Sin Bin series it doesn't have the same characters I've grown to love. Despite Aled and Wyatt really grabbed my attention. I'm looking forward to more retired SEAL's mixed in with the former Rugby players.

The Botonist has his own issues to work through so this isn't as hot as some of the others but still an amazing story. I'm ready for the next!!!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The Botanist is part of The Sin Bin series, and let me tell you, this may be classed as a short story, but it is full of everything you could wish for... apart from one thing, which I'll get to later!

Wyatt (Earp) Hardy is a Navy Seal, on a combined exercise with the UK. They come across a boat that shouldn't be there, and their scans reveal four bodies on-board, when there should only be one. It turns into a rescue mission, and Wyatt lays eyes on Aled for the first time. Aled has been tortured,
DC
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Well written short in the Sin Bin series, coming after Taines’ and Freddie’s story, this one introduces Wyatt and Aled. What I liked about this, is that the focus of Wyatt’s attraction to Aled is everything about Aled except sex, since there isn’t a whole lot of that going on here. I also liked how devoted and patient Wyatt was in helping Aled recover from his trauma and how the other retired military men were so supportive as well.
What I didn’t like about this was that I found the timeline ver
Lisa
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

This was a short read, yet it was beautiful in the journey it took.

Botanist Aled finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time which leads to his torture. SEAL Wyatt is one of those who rescue the young man from hell. Aled made quite the impression on the hardened SEAL that doesn't leave him. When he leaves the SEALs for civilian life, he searches out the botanist, to find him struggling to regain his life after the traumatic events. With patience Wyatt becomes Aled's saviour ag
Linda
Sep 17, 2020 rated it liked it
🌱Lengthy timeline for such a short book🌿

The beginning was full action hero but a bit confusing, but the rest of the story was a bit one-note. More than six years go by from start to finish and, with so few pages, the story is a bit choppy as Wyatt and the young botanist he helps rescue get closer in random snippets over time. I just could not get excited about these guys. It felt like a bridge story with little substance of its own and the main characters are not part of the Sin Bin rugby crew.

T
Diane
Aled suffers from PTSD after being assaulted while on a work related trip. He is rescued by Wyatt and his military group who are in the area.

After Wyatt resigns from the military and moves to England to set up a business with fellow military friends. While there he looks up Aled and recognizes how poorly he is doing following the attack. Wyatt's solution is to get him out of the house and back into society, since counseling hasn't proven to be enough.

Once again, Dahlia has written a story that t
Ayla
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

For such a short story, this packed a lot of emotion for me, and I LOVED it! I did not feel like things were rushed at all or that any details were lacking. While the story was emotional with what happened to Aled and the aftermath of it, it was also incredibly sweet with how Wyatt treated Aled and worked to help him. Based off the ending of this book, it seems like this was the perfect bridge to connect the rugby players and the SEALs and I am ready for that combination!

*** Copy provi
Suze
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Suze by: Free read
Short, pacy read.
The author still refers to MC’s as their job a lot - The Botanist, The Seal, The Marine - so be warned if that bugs you.
Aled has a v strong PTSD after an unprovoked and unwarranted kidnap and extreme torture by drug runners.
Wyatt and the Seals and Marines he is training with rescue him and a bond is forged - though initially more from Wyatt than Aled.
I did appreciate that the recovery was long - if i remember the time jumps right, nearly 2 years later before he was fully comfort
Kendra T
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this short addition to the Sin Bin series, and so far is my favorite. Wyatt and Aled are such a sweet couple. The book starts with Aled needing to be rescued and is dealing with a lot of PTSD from the situation. Wyatt is one of his rescuers, and checks in on him occasionally. When Wyatt and his friend Hamish realize that Aled isn't doing well, he jumps right in. Their relation was very slow-moving, but it was perfect. Excellent story. ...more
Light
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-romance
I usually like hurt comfort books. But this one just didn’t hit the mark. There was no description of how the relationship developed there was just many huge time skips and then the statement like oh no he’s feeling better or now they’re doing this. But no description on how they got to that point. So I was not emotionally invested in the book.
Jackie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read by a new author for me All about someone suffering from PTSD. A not to be missed book.
dbbks3
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick Read

Like that it took a long time for Aled to heal. I did like that their story was told to me instead of letting me experience it.

• By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Curious (The Finn Factor, #1)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • The Murder Between Us (A Noah & Cole Thriller, #1)
  • Ranger
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • A Very English Christmas (Gay Amish Romance, #3.5)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • A Very Terry Christmas
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
  • Operation Fake Relationship
  • Finch (Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #3)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Constantine (Warlocks of Amherst #3)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

The Sin Bin (8 books)
  • The Wanderer (The Sin Bin #1)
  • The Caretaker (The Sin Bin, #2)
  • The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)
  • The Unexpected Santa (The Sin Bin, #5)
  • The Lion Tamer (The Sin Bin, #6)
  • Haka Ever After (The Sin Bin, #7)
  • Sin Bin Series: Box Set (The Sin Bin)