Start by marking “Warrior Genius (Geniuses #2)” as Want to Read:
Warrior Genius (Geniuses #2)

Warrior Genius

(Geniuses #2)

In Warrior Genius, author Michael Dante DiMartino delivers rich settings, memorable characters, and edge-of-your-seat action, just as he did in his hit animated show Avatar: The Last Airbender. Fans will be thrilled with this new adventure!

It has been years since Geniuses—creatures that channel their owners' creative energy—were banished from Zizzola. But a new generatio

Published January 2nd 2018 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Genius, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Genius

Aelvana
Aug 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Giacomo and his friends are on the run from Supreme Creator Nezzera. They have the Creator's Compass, but they still need to find the Straightedge and Pencil. But when they locate the Straightedge in a neighboring country, they have an additional problem---all of the horse-shaped Geniuses are dying from some mysterious ailment, and Giacomo may be the only one who can stop it.

I didn't like this book. I tried. On a technical level, it isn't bad. The plot has good pacing, the characters grow a bit,
Miss_Nelson
Since I did not read the first installment of the Geniuses series, I entered the story line midway through. However, I was able to follow along pretty well. In this ancient Italian fantastic world, certain people are bestowed with magical artistic gifts attached to a Genius, an animal that channels those powers through a gem in its forehead. If the Genius dies, the human becomes a Lost Soul. Evil Supreme Creator, Nerezza, and her Genius, Victoria, rule the kingdom with terror & violence. Ner ...more
Jamie
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was nervous that I wouldn't like this book as much as the first one but I think I did! Still lots of surprises, lots of heartbreak, and lots of drama. I like the info we slowly learn about each characters background. Giacomo's character development as well as Zanobius's is really well done. Having recently gotten on a mindfulness/yoga kick I loved the meditation aspect of Giacomo's training. I love how useful all of Giacomo's friends are made out to be, especially Aaminah - who seems really sp ...more
Sasha
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I would like to state that I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. I really enjoy the authors writing style, the author pulls you into the book from the very beginning and makes it so you don't want to put the book down. It kept me on the edge of my seat reading from cover to cover. Thi ...more
Anthonia
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about adventure. This author makes this happen in this book. The plot is excellent, the characters are fantastic, the detail, the plot twists, the story line, the events are all incredible and i loved reading it very much. We get more inside knowledge of the lands, more secrets are revealed, and a lot more action in this book. A great addition to this series in this second book. A must read for any and all book lovers everywhere.
Elana
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewers
Warrior Genius is a fantasy book by Michael Dante DiMartino. It's full of unique characters and fantasy creatures and as Giacomo and his friends fight against a wicked ruler they must travel to new and unfriendly places. DiMartino didn't give me any strong feelings. When deaths occur or during a particularly dramatic scene I didn't sit at the edge of my seat. All around though DiMartino creates a creative and adventurous book full of magic and fun.
John Lapierre
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Isabelle
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I took a longer time reading this book, but it was really easy to jump back in. Although, I was near the beginning whenever I tried to jump back in. I'm not sure why, but when I think of this book, I think "easy-going" and "good-natured."
Ms. Yingling
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

Loved that it was an Italian based fantasty instead of standard Celtic/Medieval. Suspected it was second book in series even though I didn't check. Decent enough, but I just don't need that many fantasy books in my library.
Claire
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as much as the first! The series is intensely creative. The plot of the book was perfectly paced so that I couldn't put it down. Loved that this book explored more of the lore of the world!
King Sroe
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I really have been enjoying this series.
D.A. Rice
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was good. It had a but note action in it then the first and.... quite the cliffhanger..... rude. can't wait for book 3. :)
Lauren
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve been fortunate enough to go through my adolescence, watching “Avatar: The Last Airbender.” When I heard that co-creator Mike DiMartino was writing a trilogy of novels, I got very excited, for I could not wait to see what other stories come about from his mind.

“Rebel Genius” made for a solid introduction into this world, where artists and sacred geometry are as effective in combat as a sword. But “Warrior Genius” took things to a whole new level. The dangers Giacomo and his friends are facin
stan the Bookman
Oct 19, 2018
Annabelle
Jun 13, 2018
Amber
Feb 06, 2018
Kristi
Aug 28, 2018 added it
Wait a second, I thought this was supposed to come out in October 2017.... oh well
WaveJam
Aug 14, 2018
Alex Katz
Jan 05, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Michael Dante DiMartino is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design. His directing credits include the animated series King of the Hill, Family Guy, and Mission Hill. He is a co-creator of the award-winning animated Nickelodeon series Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel, The Legend of Korra. DiMartino lives in Los Angeles with his wife. The Rebel Geniuses series is his debut prose wor ...more

Geniuses (3 books)
  • Rebel Genius (Geniuses #1)
  • Sacred Geniuses (Geniuses, #3)