Start by marking “Doble imagen” as Want to Read:
Doble imagen

Doble imagen

Interpretar a la cruel exmujer de Booth DeWitt estaba contribuyendo mucho a que la carrera de actriz de Ariel Kirkwood avanzara en la dirección correcta, pero estaba alejando al sexy Booth de su lado. Ella quería ser su partenaire... pero en la vida real... ¿Podría conseguir que la viera como la mujer que realmente era y se olvidara de su personaje?

Published June 1st 2017 by Harlequin, una división de HarperCollins Ibérica (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Doble imagen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doble imagen

Lyndi W.
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
Oh 1980s... *sigh* How sweet you were. Things were so much simpler back then. The prose is a little purple when it comes to the sex scenes - waves crashing, galaxies being formed and weird shit like that. But it was sweet and sensual, so it worked. The characters were really interesting. Ariel was effervescent and I adored her. I wish she had opened up a bit to Booth about her drama, but otherwise she was exactly the type of character I was looking for in a lighthearted read today. I have a girl ...more
Thenia
Another old school romance by Nora Roberts, this time featuring a very good actress and the screenwriter of her latest role.

Booth based his latest script on his own experiences with his ex-wife, and initially doesn't think that the bubbly Ariel he's attracted to could do the role of the manipulating diva justice, but is surprised and confused by how close to her she comes.

Ariel, who is also attracted to him, is much less reserved with her feelings and openly tells him how she feels about him, bu
Kari
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, audiobook
Dual Image is classic early Nora Roberts. Ariel is a soap opera star. Her character on her soap opera is a smart yet meek woman. Ariel longs to play someone with more substance. She reads for the part of a villain in an upcoming television movie. Booth is the screenwriter and thinks Ariel is perfect for the part... a little too perfect. He has been burned by his ex-wife and refuses to fall for her.

I thought this was a cute romance. I loved Ariel. She is smart, independent and a free spirit. Her
Ana Bê
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you, Nora Roberts, for another amazing book.
Dee
Jan 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review haiku:
Actress plays ex-wife.
Writer tries not to love her,
But can't help himself.
Gelly
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't actually want to read this book, I unknowingly got it as a duo with this authors short novel The Best Mistake. (I didn't notice it was one book-two stories, not one story only.) But I am so glad I did! I would recommend this book even to those who don't like romance novels.

I loved it! I loved the way it was written, I found the main character, Ariel, incredibly likable, and weirdly enough for me cause I'm the opposite of her personality, relatable. I liked her so much I wasn't even mad
Ashley Christensen
I swear, there isn’t a topic that Nora hasn’t covered in her books, or a career choice. We’re now up to actress/soap star. And, though we’ve seen writer several times, I think this may be the first instance of television writer.
As a side note, I feel like these 80s romances should come with the PG13 “Historical Smoking” tag because there is a lot of smoking. It’s so funny how something used to be so ingrained in our culture, and now it almost seems out of place.

I really liked Ariel. I want her t
Suzanne
Totally escaped from day to day life. Wishing I could just curl up for longer. Why do all the lead males appear so powerful and chug away on cigarettes?
Waiting for a clean cut character who's almost boring like me!
Readerkuna1
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is also another good book. I liked the characters and the story.
Booth needs to find the right actress for his film.

Ariel wants the part. He is not sure that she is right for the part until she proves him wrong.

They go out and eventually find that love that is meant for them.
Sean Harding
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Dull romance from the very famous and very, very prolific author. I still haven't seen much evidence for why, but perhaps it is still coming.
Marilyn Mansilla
It is an OK book nut nothing memorable.
Alayne
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very entertaining and readable book from Nora Roberts, with no obvious plot twists which I can sometimes see coming in her other books.
Sinead
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice easy read on a hot day.
Sophie
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Romance between an actress and a screen writer.
Dorothy Morawsky
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book.
Irene
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy book to read at night . One of my favorite authors
Marge
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, romance
SO much better than the first selection on this two-book combo. Actually good characters and a female character who was independent and responsible.
Mai
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical romance, fun light read.
Robyne (grl-1der-reader)
Enjoyed. Good window into world of soap operas and acting
Maura
Ellen
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed on The Canon!

I think one of my favorite things about this novel is that Ariel is the one who saves Booth. All too often in romantic literature, we see the white knight riding to the rescue of the wary maiden. In Roberts' Dual Image, the fair maiden saves the dark, brooding prince from himself.

Ariel's character is so extraordinary and engaging, I can't help but reread this book over and over (this isn't my first crack at Dual Image - it's one of my favorites). Ariel's free-spi
Helena Duque
[PT]
This was my first Nora Roberts' novel and I can say I was surprised by the positive. It's an easy read and it entertains. It has no great depths however the characters are well built and the plot is engaging but not obsessive. It does not leads us to that point of obsession that some books have the ability to take us (especially those with sequelae).
This story depicts the life of Ariel Kirkwood and Booth DeWitt. She's an actress, carefree, happy with her life. He is a writer, bitter, whose l
Kate Bennet
Bohemian actress Ariel Kirkwood lands the role of her career, playing the evil and conniving wife of screenwriter Booth DeWitt. While Ariel is kind-hearted, loving, and always pushing a charitable agenda of some sort, Booth is a melancholy loner. She wears her heart on her sleeve as he doubts everyone around him, particularly Ariel. Still, Ariel is determined to win him over for reasons extending beyond wanting the role. How or why her initial interest in him is sparked isn't very clear. Their r ...more
Kieraanne
Wow, flashback to the 80's! I had this book requested from me on my paperbackswap profile and realized that I hadn't read it yet, so I crammed it in over the last day. It was a nice lighthearted read. Fairly predictable, but still fun. I liked Ariel's character. I found Booth's about-face in attitude a little abrupt and the the climax of the story was a little forced, but hey it was a silhouette romance from the early 80's so what do you expect? Still, it had the inevitable draw of almost every ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Buku yang menarik, menggambarkan karakter yang hangat, terbuka dari Ariel, sangat berbeda dengan karakternya sebagai Amanda yang kompeten dalam opera sabun yang sudah di gelutinya 5 tahun.
Peran televisi yang baru yang di tulis Booth, sangat menarik perhatiannya. dan dalam kesempatan audisi dia berubah dari sosok yang hangat menjadi sosok yang sangat dingin seperti gambaran Booth dalam skenario yang ditulisnya berdasarkan pengalaman hidupnya selama 5 tahun dengan mantan istrinya yang juga artis,
Alasandra Alawine
When Ariel Kirkwood gets the part based on screenwriter Booth DeWitt's cruel ex-wife she soon finds herself falling for the handsome screenwriter. Charmed by her honesty Booth soon finds himself returning her feelings. But when the ex-wife learns of Ariel's success she is determined to destroy her. The private detective she hires to follow Ariel around sells a sensationalized story to the tabloids accusing Ariel of being in a custody battle for her love child.

Booth is dismayed that Ariel could h
Julie C-F
I must admit, am rushing this book because I need to know how it will end and I need to stop reading novels to spend time on other pursuits.

Love both the characters. I put this in the shelf "light read" and changed my mind to put it to "intense".

Ariel is such a lovable character, unbelievable though it seems, she is like a ray of sunshine on a dreary day.

Booth, like still waters that run deep, intelligent, eloquent but lost in emotions that confuse him about his true feelings.

Will now finish t
Elizabeth
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As an actress Ariel knows exactly how to get inside the mind of her character, she's well loved on a popular soap opera when she gets the part of her dreams starring in a Booth DeWitt production. For Booth Ariel is a little too believable playing a part based on his vindictive ex-wife. While he's drawn to Ariel he finds himself pulling away as he tries to separate fact from fiction.

Once again Roberts does not disappoint. Here's another breezy romance filled with beautiful people and just enough
Yulia Anggraini
klo boleh milih,lebih suka cerita NR yg c cew yg anti hub,komitmen n sejenisx...jd tugas pra cow lah yg menyakinkn pujaan hatix klo mereka punya "sesuatu" n yg menyatakan cinta duluan... ;p
klo dsni c booth yg alergi am cew,tp dy g bisa jauh dari ariel...
semakin bisa n mirip ariel memerankan rue yg berdasarkan karakter mantan istrix,makin menjauh n ngeri pulalah booth...membuat dy bertnya2 sapa ariel sebenarx...
Heather
Nov 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, nora-roberts
  • Perkawinan
  • Pelajaran Cinta [Lesson To Learn]
  • Pernikahan Impian (Marriage Wanted)
  • Having His Baby - Anak Sang Kekasih (3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Buku 3)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Ayah Paro Waktu [Part-Time Father]
  • Tempting the Wolf (Men Of The Mist #2)
  • Man of Ice (Bighorn, Wyoming #2)
  • The Pregnant Princess - Buah Hati Sang Putri (Royally Wed, #4)
  • Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)
  • The Bachelor's Wedding
  • The Wedding-Night Affair - Selingkuh Di Malam Pengantin
  • Wife by Arrangement - Kekasih yang Sesungguhnya  (Italian Grooms, #1)
  • Escape From Cabriz
  • Dark Summer Dawn
  • The Main Attraction
“Taking love is easy—giving it is a bit harder, for some people anyway.” 3 likes
“There're twenty-four hours in every day. Isn't there enough reality in that so we can put a small portion of time aside for wishing?” 0 likes