Start by marking “The Pioppi Diet: A 21-Day Lifestyle Plan” as Want to Read:
The Pioppi Diet: A 21-Day Lifestyle Plan

The Pioppi Diet: A 21-Day Lifestyle Plan

The easy 21-day plan for a happier, healthier and longer life

We are not being given the truth about our health . . .

We're told to avoid saturated fats, we're marketed health food that is laden with sugar and we're encouraged to pound out miles at the gym. However, our chances of getting obese are increasing - raising our risk of Type-2 diabetes, cancer, dementia and heart

Published June 29th 2017 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about The Pioppi Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pioppi Diet

Start your review of The Pioppi Diet: A 21-Day Lifestyle Plan
Aqsa
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was apprehensive when I started reading this because the title makes it sound like a fad diet plan, but it’s about the place of origin of the Mediterranean diet, and how it’s been mistranslated over the years.

I liked the format of this book because you get recipes, a movement guide, a lot of scientific background and they relate back to their personal experiences in Pioppi. I appreciate them breaking their advice down to explain exactly how certain foods react in your body as well as encouragi
Anne
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pioppi - The Village Where People Forget to Die.
The little village of Pioppi lies two hours south of Naples in Southern Italy. It has a population of only 197 and this is its story.
The Pioppi diet is not just a diet, it is a lifestyle plan, a way of life. How do the people of Pioppi live long and healthy lives. There is no gym in the village, there is not even a supermarket. The people of Pioppi not only live long lives but they live well due to diet, no stress, movement and sleep.
Dr Aseem Malha
Clive Lillie
I’ve given 3 stars, solely based on the format and style.

A little repetitive in its message and stacked up stats to prove it, yet very convincing in the same breath.

Interesting take on a mixture of the Mediterranean and IF diet alongside sensible advice about basic good living principles.

Soooo, I’ll put it into practice and maybe return to up my rating to a ‘6’ dependent on my success, and potentially life changing behaviours!?!!
Kara
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Well this book might just change my life but hey let's see if it lasts! Having been diagnosed as pre diabetic and had a recent heart scare I am really motivated to look after my health and this book makes a lot of sense. I already feel better after two days. I heard about this book after listening to an interview with Tom Watson MP, the Deputy Leader of the UK Labour Party. Tom lost seven stone and cured himself of longstanding diabetes following this low carb regime. I downloaded the film that ...more
MR J D C OXLEY
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking to change their lifestyle and get healthier. I just wish the teachings in this book were more mainstream. When people are continually misinformed about what they should be eating it’s hard to change their opinion. Fats should never have been avoided in favour of sugars and carbohydrates. I hope this goes some way to combating the diabetes epidemic, that seems to be sweeping through the globe.
Rae
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, food-issues
Another look at the Mediterranean diet (or diaita, as in lifestyle rather than just food) by a British physician and a filmmaker. The ideas here are intriguing enough for me to try a few. And to watch the referenced documentaries.

Food as medicine.

Each author thinks they know "the real" truth about food!
Judi Mckay
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting reading and convincing enough for me to decide to give it a try. Only 4 stars because the movement protocols are not clearly illustrated (and given one of the authors is a filmmaker should be available on YouTube or a webpage) and because nowhere could I find a daily suggested percentage of protein, carb and fat stated. However, the science feels sound which is probably what counts.
Claire Marshall
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Speed read this as was given to me as a birthday present so felt I should show willing to the mother in law! Was very sceptical going in and although some of it sounds good and the authors have credentials I’m still sceptical. Will probably try some of the recipes though!
Nicola
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the healthy concepts!

Informative book on healthier lifestyle in terms of nutrition and exercise/movement.
One worth keeping for lifetime and changing your lifestyle through it
Barbara An
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mwah... Interesting message but very repetitive writing style. It reads a bit like a sum up of the writer's achievements. The actual message could have been brought across in just a few pages. The second part with the recipes is quite good though. ...more
Mark
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sound, sensible review of current medical thinking on diet and health together with sensible suggestions and ideas. Even the doctors like this one!
vicki demirdjian
Amazing book, this is a book we should all read and take lead from.
angus maitland
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Informative

Very interesting and informative. Would recommend to healthcare professionals as well as the general public. We should all be doing this!
Richard Brier
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Quite technical but gets the message across
Laura Anderson
Nov 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Can rate this only as a book I have read rather than a lifestyle that I have adopted as I’m pretty close to it steady. Interesting read though and the advice and recipes look good.
Suzanne Lucas
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Up to date with the science of how to live well and long and exposes a lot of the myths around diets. Highly recommended
Nedge
rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2020

• Why We Eat (Too Much): The New Science of Appetite
  • The Clever Guts Diet
  • The School of Life: An Emotional Education
  • Lose Weight for Good: Full-flavour cooking for a low-calorie diet
  • Not a Diet Book: The Must-Have Fitness Book From the World's Favourite Personal Trainer
  • Creativity: A Short and Cheerful Guide
  • Pinch of Nom: 100 Slimming, Home-style Recipes
  • The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
  • The Fast 800: How to Combine Rapid Weight Loss and Intermittent Fasting for Long-Term Health
  • Camelot (The Arthurian Tales, #2)
  • Lisa Riley's Honesty Diet: AS SEEN ON ITV'S SAVE MONEY: LOSE WEIGHT
  • Lean in 15 - The Sustain Plan: 15 minute meals with workouts to get lean and strong for life
  • A Distant View of Everything (Isabel Dalhousie #11)
  • Mum & Dad
  • Lancelot (The Arthurian Tales, #1)
  • Keto Kitchen: Delicious recipes for energy and weight loss