Start by marking “Frozen Statues (Perdition Games)” as Want to Read:
Frozen Statues (Perdition Games)

Frozen Statues

(Perdition Games #4)

A gripping psychological thriller with shocking twists

In the bitter cold of a Canadian winter, seven university freshmen vanish without a trace. Soon afterwards, police discover a ghastly crime scene—the victim is frozen solid and his eyes are missing, replaced with black stones. A week later, they find a second frozen statue at an identical crime scene.

Toronto PI Samantha
Kindle Edition, 1, 404 pages
Published June 30th 2017

Start your review of Frozen Statues (Perdition Games)
Christine
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have two hidden series gems that I feel like I own all to myself. I got in on the ground floor on both when the authors each asked me to read her debut. One, I initially rejected, and then changed my mind as the author was so gracious. That was H.N. Wake, writer of the outstanding Mac Ambrose series. That series consists of 3 novels and a novella so far and is simply brilliant. My other secret love is the Perdition Games books by L. E. (Lori) Fraser. Frozen Statues is book 4 of this preeminent ...more
Pat
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was intense! I really can't go past Christine's review for this. I fully endorse everything she said.

Sam McNamara and her fiancé Reece Hash are back in a really creepy and spine tingling instalment. First they are approached to find Ben, the son of good friends of Reece. He is but one of several university freshmen who have recently disappeared. These young men then reappear one by one as frozen statues, strangely posed, with their eyes removed and replaced by black stones.

There is a lot of
latybug
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free download of this book from Story Cartel. Thank you!
Having read the first books of this series and enjoyed them, I was looking forward to reading this book. The author did not disappoint. I found myself enthralled as I followed the ups and downs of Sam and Reece, both in their personal and professional lives.
The book does well a stand-alone, because of the flashbacks that describe the events leading to Joyce's death. But it was also nice, as a reader of the series, to be able
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
4 stars

I am hooked on this series. I like the main characters and the secondary characters. More physical, mental and emotional trauma for Reece and Sam. (view spoiler) Some new characters are introduced. I hope we see them in the next one. Lots of action and suspense. If you don't like serial killers and/or gory details, this series is not for you.
Cheryl
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I wasn’t sure what to expect. I am not often in this genre but find myself creeping in a little now and then more recently and I think it might be for me after all. I’m usually more horror but this would work for horror fans too in my opinion.

There was no hanging around, it gets going quickly. From the time I finished reading the Prologue I was hooked. I liked the characters and found Angel and Eli particularly interesting, they were my favourites by far. I found it hard to pu
Robin Goodfellow
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
-I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Frozen Statutes, Perdition Games, by L.E. Fraser, is a psychological thriller about being stalked by remorse, with the sins of a terrifying past slowly but surely devouring you until there’s nothing left to feast on.

Sam McNamara is a private investigator who is haunted by former memories of her older sister’s death. When a body is found with black stones for eyes, she receives letters from a serial killer named Incubus, who ob
Kirsten
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
This is two parallel stories. The past three years ago tells the story of the Incubus Killer who killed Sam’s sister and is now reaching out to Sam as a new serial killer stalks young men, but is targeting people Reece, Sam’s partner in the PI firm, know. Then there’s the mysterious new intern Eli, the woman following Sam, the various kidnapped boys and Angel and the missing Albanian daughter. All woven into a suspense and psychological criminal drama. This is high-tech, conspiracy-laden, pure e ...more
Aviar Savijon
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fbreader-books
This is a very well written story. You follow the story line by seeing it from each characters viewpoint. A nice combination of thrilling and scary events and discoveries in this book. I loved it. If you want adventure and suspense this is the book for you get it today.
Coco.V
Mar 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/20/2018)!💝
Agnes DiPietrantonio
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stops you cold in the first chapter

Stops you cold in the first chapter and just keeps hitting you. Intense to the point where I would have to walk away from it for couple of days. I'm a fan!
Ali K
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as a giveaway. Once I started reading I had trouble putting this book down. It sucks you in and keeps you guessing. This is the first book I have read by L.E. Fraser and I will definitely be reading more.
Brandy
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Without death, there will be no justice;" however, doesn't justice itself come with a price tag? After all nothing in life is free; all actions have consequences.

Frozen Statues centers around Sam McNamara who's sister was brutally murder by Incubus. A series of copycat murders stuns Toronto; college men are being kidnapped; killed; frozen and posed as statues. Sam begins to receive letters from Incubus leading her into a dark journey and ending with a fight for her own life!

An amazing read 5
Marjorie
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is quite clear from the outset that this book is part of a series and that we are already some way in. However, knowledge of the previous novels in the series is not necessary to enjoy this tale - in fact I may have found myself enjoying it rather more because of that. I don't know if the Incubus murders have already been covered in the series so making large portions of this book completely irrelevant to the plot but if they aren't then this is a genuinely good stand alone tale.

We do have so
Charles Ray
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seven Canadian university freshmen disappear without a trace, but when police later discover two frozen corpses, carefully posed and their eyes replaced by black stones, PI Samantha McNamara knows in her heart that this is a copycat killer restaging murders by the deadly serial killer, Incubus, a man she helped put away for life when she was a member of the police force.
Determined to prove her theory right, she takes it to the police, but is told by her old boss to stay out of it. Never good at
Robert Harvey
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
Sam is an ex-Toronto cop who has gone into business as a PI and is studying psychology in her spare time. She lives with her boyfriend and fellow PI, Reece, another ex-cop who is now studying to become a lawyer. Sam has issues arising from her personal and professional history. It is these that make this story so interesting.

What looks like a simple plot gradually becomes more and more complex as we learn more about Sam. Like the Gordian Knot the plot eventually resolves through an act of violen
Mel
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely a good book

Gripping storyline and a page turner. I do have enjoyed the book of the Frozen Statues, and admit that I have been a bit confused at the beginning, but it disappeared with the next pages after I understood the line there.

The characters are good and the speech are great, same for the monologues. I didn't warmed up to Sam, to stubborn for my taste, at some points she really annoyed me.

The story has good twist and turns that your own brain cells start working lol
I felt really
Cherie
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Series-Frozen Statues

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this four story book set. Again, this is about Sam McNamara and Reece Hash. They are asked to look for a missing son of one of their friends. Incubus, the serial killer rears his ugly head, and puts into motion a series of events that could lead them in possible death. I got the feeling this could lead to a sequel. I gave this book 5 stars for the exciting writhing, excellent editing, fantastic proofreading, but most of all because all
Beverly J. Marshall
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Evilness

I’m sorry to give you a 3 star rating. The story was very good. I enjoyed it very much, but it was just so evil. Especially what they did to those poor women. If mankind had never started killing in the first place we wouldn’t have stories like these to read. But man has always allowed the devil to warp their minds into thinking that doing evil is better than doing good. I love it in these stories when the good guys win, because in real life the devil is going to have to pay for his evi
Irene
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a nightmare to read with all the gore details of the killings from three years ago when Incubus was killing and when the present killer Frozen Statues . I did finish it to the end because I had to find out who the killer was . The characters were exceptional in bringing across the terror and suspense that they were feeling . I don't know if I can read another book by this author due to the descriptive details of the killings . Sometimes less is better in that aspect .
Vickey Mcgee
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a Thriller

Expertly written. I loved this. I hated to put it down to eat or sleep. There were times where I thought it was moving a bit slow, I was wrong. I had thought about skipping over a few pages, but didn't and couldn't. If I had I would have missed something. I don't usually read this type of book anymore but am glad I did. Memorable characters within. Due to the subject, I would recommend mature readers.
greg quaglia
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I CAN'T WAIT for the next book!

I just finished the series & started googling to find out if there's any info when the next book is coming out! I really enjoyed this series and I'm a little sad that I've read all the books because now I'm ready to read the next book and it's not out yet. So I will wait impatiently for it to be released. L.E Fraser is an amazingly talented writer and I really enjoyed reading this series!
Stacy Noble
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great 👍

I really like how all the characters seemed real. The main characters had good and bad in them that made them human. No one can be perfect and that is what I liked.
The plot was good, with nice twists and turns. I do however have to minus a star for the confusing flashbacks.
At the end of the book, I liked that it made me rethink about my family relationships and be more forgiving.
I would recommend this book.
Jill
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW

This is the first novel i have read by L.E. Fraser. I loved every second of the book. It was very well written. I loved how each of the characters have their own individual story but everything ties together in a beautiful bow. If you love fast past thrillers with alot of twist and turns with a little bit of romance, this is a great novel to read.
Deborah
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frozen Statues was fantastic! I enjoyed the characters, the story and it kept me guessing! I would recomend highly to anyone who enjoys a good read!

Fantastic! This was the first time I have read a book by L.E. Fraser and will continue to do so. I loved the characters and story. It kept me interested and guessing throughout. I would highly recommend!
Anita Hargreaves
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

It would have helped if the acknowledgement was at the start of the book instead of the end, as it helped clarify the book. I did find it confusing in part as it would dip back three years earlier with frequency then current the next much to my grievance. I found I was more interested in the past than the present. Overall chilling read.
Dawn Duval
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful thriller

I am enjoying this author immensely. The characters are believable with many flaws which them that much more relatable. Lots of twists and turns in the plot so it is not completely predictable.
Grandma Grace
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Suspense and Survival

This book kept you focus from beginning to end. Every time I thought I knew who it was or why something happened, another twist was thrown. Couldn't put it down
gary goldman
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unable to put it down until finished.

Fascinating personalities without becoming boring with explanations. Story line logical but still engrossing with its understanding of human characteristics. Definitely will recommend it.
Katherine
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, although in between it kind of freaked me out. Lots of twists and turns, unknowns, and then the background story about Sam make it a great read. But beware of the psychological creepiness! (Shudder)
Cindy Segal
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hard to put down

I like the well written, three dimensional characters whose actions are consistent with their profiles. The action is well placed with a plot that is plausible and coherent.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Lies Come True (Avery Hart Trilogy, #1)
  • Severed Relations (Finn O'Brien, #1)
  • Girls In White Dresses (Detective London McKenna #1)
  • Famished (Ash Park, #1)
  • Sinnerman (Sloane Monroe #2)
  • Cleaver Square (DCI Morton #2)
  • Dark City (A Cooper & Quinn Mystery, #0.5)
  • Sanctuary (Kate Redman Mysteries, #8)
  • A Cross to Bear: A Jack Sheridan Mystery
  • Till the Old Men Die (Jeri Howard Mystery, #2)
  • Girl in Trouble (Alex Mercer Thriller, #1)
  • Murder Has Consequences (Friendship & Honor #2)
  • Bitter Roots (Bitter Root Mysteries, #1)
  • Hush (Mason Black, #1)
  • Greed (Amber Monroe Crime Thriller, #1)
  • Deathly Reminders (Derek Cole #6)
  • Blue Baby (Brandon Fisher FBI, #4)
  • Lei Crime Series Boxed Set: Books 1-4
L.E. Fraser completed her post-secondary education in Toronto and moved to London, Ontario with her husband, two sons, and three pugs. Raised on military bases, her introduction to unique people and experiences fed a lifelong desire to write. She combines her passion for psychology and criminology in her Perdition Games novels, where the monsters you can’t recognize are more frightening than the o ...more

Perdition Games (4 books)
  • Simon Says (Perdition Games)
  • Skully (Perdition Games)
  • Red Rover (Perdition Games)