Start by marking “Love Sick” as Want to Read:
Love Sick

Love Sick

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  220 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
LOVE SICK by USA Today Best Selling Author HJ Bellus & The Girls

“The Waves of Love Can Make You Sick”
A Reckless Series Spin-off

Memphis Love knows three things.

As long as it has a pond for him to dip his pole into, he’s game, and he doesn’t stick to just one pond for his fishing trips either.

The small, beach town he lives in doesn’t offer much for job oppor
Published July 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love Sick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Sick

Alex ♈
Aug 05, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF - 1st chapter, told from male POV.

"My mom was a whore..."

I was raised to respect my parents.
There many other words to describe sexually explicit woman, especially own MOTHER!

On behalf of all children, who respect their parents, and all mothers, who want their children to respect them, I say goodbye to this book.

Brynne Hounsell
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great romantic comedy that will have you in stitches. It will make you shake your head at all of the one liners, cheesy pick up lines and witty banter.

Memphis and Raylan have an undeniable attraction but both have forces holding them back. Can Raylan let Dr. Love cure her sickness?
Tiffany Willams
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I am going to hell. Head first down the slippery, inferno slide to claim my VIP seat next to satan. This girl has my head so messed up." ~Memphis

"What is it about this guy I can't shake?" ~Raylan

Oh my gee!!!

If you love a great Rom-Com with knock your socks off, hot and steamy, sweating like a sinner in church love scenes, then this book is for you!!!

Memphis Love knows how to please a woman. He makes a career out of it.
But with one look from Raylan, he is willing to go against everything he's ev
When I first started the book I was very concerned if I could like a character like Memphis Love, a self proclaimed manwhore. As I got farther into the book his quirkiness and personality really began to shine and I warmed up to him quickly. Raylen was extremely easy to love as I could see a lot of myself in her. The flow of the book was smooth and easy to read and I really wanted to be on the cruise with them having fun too!
Shelves: author-arc
What a clever idea for a book. To have some members of your street team help out the author of said street team, create a premise for a book. I don't think I've ever heard of this being done. It is definitely one for the record. This book is highly entertaining and filled with so much comical banter. And what a way to grow up, and still have a backbone. Make sure to purchase and read this book as it is going to be a trendsetter for sure!
Kristy Shaffer
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is downright dirty, funny and packed with so much heat!

As soon as you open this book it's on like donkey Kong! You are sucked into the world of Memphis Love and once you're in you don't ever want to get out! Dr Love is onboard the Love Boat and he's ready to heal your aching needs.

A fun rom-com that will make you laugh, cry and then laugh all over again whilst crying!

Memphis Love is coming a shore near you! So if the cabin is a rocking don't come a knocking!
Shari Kay
Aug 13, 2017 marked it as skip-it
there are just some things I cannot accept in my romances
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, sexy and fun with fast paced banter that brought the story to life. Love the cover!
Kimberly Givan
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it

Before I forget, 'on point's & 'on fleek' need to die a horrible death.
Now onto the story; I get the instant connection thing, but Memphis being a willing paid whore does not make him attractive to me. Raylan obsessing over him despite knowing he is screwing the Golden Girls is not realistic.
The dialogue was so confusing most of the time. I didn't know what they were rambling on about half the time because it was so schizophrenic.
I'm with everyone else in wondering the why of how
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is so good. I have to admit I didn't like Memphis at first, so it took me a little bit to get into the book. But I adore Raylan. She's quirky and funny and someone who you would want to be friends with. The story line is great. It's such a fun book. Super sexy but also has some really great emotional moments.
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bellus and girls have done it with this flawlessly written book. (This book is a spin-off, but can be read as a standalone. )

Memphis and Raylan's story is not your typical love story and it doesn't come together like you think it will. This story is filled with highs and lows for Raylan and some soul searching for Memphis.

While this story isn't your typical romance novel, it is brilliant, witty, and amazing.
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Shelves: faves
HJ Bellus and the girls did such an amazing job on this book!! I was giggling and swooning left and right while staying up half the night reading Love Sick. Memphis is a perfect mix of dirty, sweet, and hilarious with his naughty ways and cheesy pick up lines, while Raylan was the kind of woman you could be best friends with in real life. I was cheering for them from the moment they tumbled into each other. This is the perfect book to spend a lazy summer day with.
Emily Mae
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got a ARC for honest review
wow what a great read I was laughing so much my co works was like what you laughing at I said its not right to read out load at work lol. HJ Bellus has done it agent and how she ties in with the other charters from the other books y'all need to read this i finish it in a couple of hrs y'all will love this and get a laugh out of it and some times i wanted to smack the old lady up side the head. love this book and happy with it.
Stacy Jo
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everything you could possibly come to expect from HJ and then some! Humor ✔ hot sex ✔great story line ✔ awesome writing ✔ strong woman✔hawt men ✔ ...more
Kelly - Words We Love By
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Don't read this if you don't want to laugh your ass off. I love all the cheesy pick up lines and the chemistry between Memphis and Raylan. Even though I laughed so much this book also has those touchy feely moments that leave you swooning. Great job Ladies!

I love cheesy pickup lines, old cougars with Gonorrhea, a clumsy beautiful girl, Raylan, and a cruise that will change two lives forever.
HJ Bellus and a group of ladies got together and created this hilarious book about a male s
Lydia H
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny and sexy, LOVE SICK is a Romantic Comedy you don't want to miss!

Memphis is one of those c**ky hot guys that thought he had everything he needed in life. He was happy, getting richer by the day, and well, the ladies were not an issue for him at all. Suffice it to say the last thing he wanted or even expected was to meet Raylan while on the job with Iris and her friends. And trust me, you will HATE Iris!

Raylan was looking to let go and finally relax with her friends. Her job had her stresse
Wow, what did I read?
Love Sick by HJ Bellus is a spin-off from the Reckless Series.
Meet Memphis Love, he lives in a small town and makes ends meet with rather unusual methods. Hes construction worker by day and stripper by night. On special occassions he can be bought by rich women. His goal is to leave the town and travel the world. On his last "job" he meets a lightly clumsy woman, a woman who will turns his world upside down.
What a story. I read this book in one sitting, I couldnt put it down
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this and this is my voluntary and honest review. This book will have you love sick for Memphis and his very cheesy pick up lines. If you love a romantic comedy then this book is a must for you. I found myself on a roller coaster of emotions with this gem, from laughing one minute, to wanting to punch the grandma brigade to swooning at how much Raylan and Memphis connected. This book isn't just a little ray of sunshine it is a big old sun flare blinding you with a huge dose o ...more
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Sick is a laugh out loud read!!!

Memphis Love is text book bad boy & loves his bad boy ways!!! Never any room for any other woman in his life other than his mom, who taught him all he needed to know about how to use his sexy charm to get what he wants out of life!!!

Until a little "Ray" of sunshine falls into his lap, unfortunately while he's on "duty"
Not knowing what to think or expect because all these thoughts & feelings are foreign to him. Trying to keep his "job" but still intrig
Leeann Wright
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is RomCom that will make you laugh till you cry!

It is one of those books you could actually see them making a sit come out of.
Memphis is sexy, witty and naughty and everything in between. Raylan is his perfect match. She is smart, funny & sexy and maybe a little bit clumsy.

Hj Bellus never disappoints and this is no exception. She, with the help of a few of her crew, have come up with 2 characters that are made for each other and woven a story that is both entertaining and endearing. It
Christa Bohannan
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What happens when a shy girl who keeps to herself meets a stripper/ manwhore? Well thats Love Sick. HJ Bellus took this book and made me laugh like crazy along with crying a little. Raylan is on this cruise to celebrate the fact that her job didn't get cut, She brought along her two best friends Brenna and Josi. Memphis is on this cruise as a job he is supposed to be accompanying Iris and her two friends. Iris is paying for Memphis’ cruise along with a nice hefty payment for his services. But wh ...more
Jenny B
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Memphis and Rylan are the perfect couple who are hot and full of humor! I loved every second of this book and could not put it down once I started. This book just had everything in it == perfect package

If you pick this up -- be prepared to not be able to put it down.
Karie Gibson
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will have you literally laughing until you cry. Memphis never thought about love until the day Raylan fell into his lap, literally. These two have an undeniable chemistry.
This is the perfect summer book read. If you like flirtatious, a little bit of romance and a whole lot of hotness this book is for you.
Penny Layne
10 women + 1 outline = Awesomeness
When 10 women come together to write one outline it's magical, with HJ Bellus at the helm!
The perfect rom-com full of corney pick up lines makes this such a fun read I couldn't put it down!
Memphis Love (what a great name!) has lived his whole life on the outside. Dollar signs are the only things he can see, to get out of his hell of a town and travel the world.
In Puerto Rico for his last job, Raylan literally falls into his lap, and his life will never be the s
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about finding yourself and love on a cruise. Memphis was a cocky, real, sexy, MF... I am just going to put that out there. Your passed don't define your future is a lesson Raylan taught him by falling into his lap while making him wet by showing a little nipple. Take it how you want to but the truth is the truth and boy did they both share a heck of a lot of them. The best part to me was the growth and strength each showed to one another by being real and corny at the same time. A friendshi ...more
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg I absolutely loved this book! So many different people involved in writing this story, but yet there is no way of telling where they switch off. The writing and story is seamless. Hot and sexy Memphis makes me want to go on a cruise just to see if I can find my own version of him. Judge this book by the cover, he's hot,sexy and we all want him. One of this summers hottest and sexiest reads!!
Paula Wooddell
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Sick is a hilarious rom com with enough heat to melt your panties and have you laughing until you cry! Memphis Love is hard not to fall for with his dirty wicked ways and cheesy pick up lines. Raylan is the clumsy fall in your lap best friend kind of a girl. I cheered for them the whole book.
It was seamlessly written by HJ Bellus and 10 friends who definitely don't leave you disappointed. I couldn't put it down!! As always HJ Bellus does not disappoint!!
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG If you love a ROM COM this is for you!!!

We meet Memphis Love, The LOVE DOCTOR a paid Playboy to a rich older lady and her friends dub the Golden Girls!!!

The Love Dr is on track to accomplish his dream of traveling around the world with no worries and takes this last job as way to finally get there. But like they say, All the planning in the world cant stop LOVE.

We meet Raylan, When she literally falls into the Love Doctors Lap. The chemistry is off the charts.

I don't want to give to much
Katie Stern
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
In a twist of writing genius HJ Bellus and some of her street team bring you Memphis Love aka Dr. Love and Raylan. In a story of full of cheesy one liners that will have you laughing and rolling your eyes you can't help but fall for Love Sick. Sometimes everything is not as it seems. And sometimes we make decisions that can change us for good or bad. Love Sick brings plenty of laughs and love (in the bedroom and out) as we see if there really is such things as romance aboard the ship or if "The ...more
Isabella Bazz
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this contemporary romance, it's funny, well written. I enjoyed reading it from the beginning to the end. Memphis and Raylan are hilarious. Memphis is a hottie and knows what he wants. OMG and his pick up lines? Hilarious !!!!!Definitely a five star ⭐ ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

More about H.J. Bellus...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Judgment (Cassidy & Spenser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Breathless
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)