Start by marking “Deliverance (Hell Divers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deliverance (Hell Divers, #3)

Deliverance

(Hell Divers #3)

They will dive, but will humanity survive?

Left for dead on the nightmarish surface of the planet, Commander Michael Everhart and his team of Hell Divers barely escape with their lives aboard a new airship called Deliverance. After learning that Xavier X Rodriguez may still be alive, they mount a rescue mission for the long-lost hero.

In the skies, the Hive is falling apart,
Kindle Edition
Published May 15th 2018 by Blackstone Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deliverance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deliverance

Faith
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Hell Divers trilogy reached a satisfactory conclusion with this book, but the epilogue leaves room for more story in this dystopian world. Because it is hard to review this book without revealing points that might spoil the first two books of the trilogy, I have put the rest of this review under a spoiler tag. However, my review has no spoilers of the third book.

(view spoiler)
Kristen Burns
4.5 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via NetGalley. This has not influenced my review.*

This book was an emotional punch to the stomach---and I mean that in the best, most complimentary way possible!

Parts of this book were so depressing and harsh and terrible that they were downright hard to read. Other parts of this book were so hopeful and wholesome that I actually teared up. All of this book was gripping and filled with intensity. And it was unpredictable in that I had no idea wha
Veronica
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Picking up hard on the heels of the last book, Hell Divers: Deliverance doesn’t waste much time before it plunges the characters into one dangerous situation after another. (view spoiler) ...more
Michael Hicks
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Picking up on the heels of Hell Divers II: Ghosts finale, Michael Everheart and his small crew of Hell Divers set out to find the missing Xavier "X" Rodriguez after being abandoned by the traitorous Captain Jordan.

Nicholas Sansbury Smith stretches his narrative wings a bit in Deliverance, giving readers insight into X's decade-long stint on Earth's hellscape through prolonged flashbacks, in between tackling the story's present-day timeline from the perspectives of Everheart and Jordan, and a fe
Cheryl
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading an early Advanced Review Copy of this third book in the Hell Divers series provided by the publisher. Excellent. I will write a more detailed review as the publication date nears in 2018.

UPDATE:

"Time to live or time to die, he thought. Time to fight one more time."

I just read the revised Advanced Reading Copy of this book. I just had shoulder replacement surgery and so this was a perfect time to sit back and read (between naps).

This third installment of the Hell Divers is
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review consideration.

I said in my review of Ghosts, the second book in the Hell Divers series, that I had no doubt that the author was going to pull something epic for the third book. I was right. While I wasn’t a huge fan of Ghosts, Deliverance was freaking awesome.

I kind of want to squee and splutter words incoherently. ‘Cause X. So much X! The amount of X in this book totally makes up for the scarcity in Ghosts. And not only X,
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
*4.5 Stars

I’ve been a little bit off of "the series" for a while now. I like getting into a story, and when it’s done, moving on to the next. But there is something about the characters that Smith has created that pulled me back in for another dive to Hell.

What I love most about this series is that the story hasn’t gotten at all repetitive. Smith has kept it fresh and exciting with a Martinesque rotation of characters and new villains with each new book. The impetus moving the story forward keep
Karen’s Library
This book was the 3rd in the Hell Divers series and OH MY... What a ride! I'm not sure the action ever stopped. Between the monsters on the surface, the monster of a Captain of the Hive (the airship that was home to the last of the human race), the cancer that was rampant, the dangerous sky dives through electrical storms, and then... Surprise, surprise... A new enemy emerges from the ocean with the arrival of the freaking cannibals!

The thing I loved the most, however, was how much X loved his
Tracy
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Another fresh plot! Lots happened in this one, and there are some shocking surprises for all. I did not see this coming, and it was perfection. Wow!

The monsters AKA "Sirens" for their chillingly loud and screechy voices are (to my delight) a large part of the plot and a most welcome, ingenious component to the series. . . serving to up the ante, and (as if it is possible) supercharging the nonstop high velocity of thrills and chills. Onto book #4, and then I have to wait till May for the release
David
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am not convinced that the same person wrote all three of these books. Either that, or the author suffered severe head trauma between writing the second and this one and forgot everything about the first two.
Lisa Omstead
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
In this powerful third installment of the Hell Divers series, we finally learn the whereabouts of Xavier Rodriguez and glimpse his horrendous ten-year journey on the toxic post-apocalyptic Earth. A lot of loose ends are tied up, however, a few new ones have emerged.

Murderous, megalomaniac Captain Jordan of the airship Hive makes the perfect villain you’ll love to hate.
FanFiAddict
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: ★★★★+

Thanks to the publisher and author for an advanced reading copy of Deliverance (Hell Divers #3) in exchange for an honest review. Receiving this ARC did not influence my thoughts or opinions on the novel.

So, it has been a hot minute since I read Ghosts (Hell Divers #2), and I am not really sure why I waited so long to get to Deliverance. Smith packs a ton of punch into these books, which honestly makes them some of the quickest and most enjoyable reads in today’s post-apocalyptic/sc
Cynthia Terrones
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE BEST BOOK IN THE SERIES BY FAR!!!!!!

A MUST READ BOOK TO ONE GREAT SERIES, KEEP THE KLEENEX HANDY PLEASE!!!!

What an awesome, awesome book. This is for sure one book and series I would recommend to everyone. Without giving anything away, as pretty much anything said would do that, I'll try my best to explain why it's a must read. With Michael (Tin), Layla, Rodger Doger, Magnolia, Captain Jordan, Katrina & X (Xavier) many things are all happening in this continuation of the series. Some mak
Leslie Bryant
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smith
My heart is just racing - I wish I had the words to say how great, and unique, and thrilling this series is. I actually have to stop reading, take a breath, walk around and then right back to it. Nick has brought his characters to life; given us horrific creatures, venomous creepy plants, vicious cannibals and traitorous people as Michael, Roger, Layla and Magnolia continue their search for X. He somehow keeps us totally captured in his words and the adventure continues to enthrall us. So amazin ...more
Joshua Chadd
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hell Divers FTW

What another epic chapter in the series! I picked up the first book on sale a while back and before I'd even finished I preordered the 2nd one. Then I got this one and read it right away.
I love these books and I'm so glad we got to see more of X and Miles in this one! I can't wait for the next one! (Already have it pteordered)!
NSS is an apocalyptic writer of epic proportions!
Steve
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant conclusion to the series. There was a lot to wrap up, but this book did it: numerous threads, characters, and important locations. In the end, things were not only tied up but tied together in a way that was very satisfying for anyone anxiously awaiting the release of book #3.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Wow. The action just doesn't quit with this series. Nobody is safe and just when you think you know of all the monsters . . . I'm anxious to see where this series goes next! RC Bray is fantastic on the audio.
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
4.5 stars...

I'm a huge fan of the Hell Divers series and Xavier Rodriguez. The first book was one of my top favorite books of 2016. The second book was o.k. but it didn't move me like book one. This last book however was really good - almost as good as the first!

And actually I probably would have enjoyed it even more if I didn't listen to the audiobook. I know, I know, I'm in the minority but I'm sorry, I just don't like R. C. Bray's narration. I never have but I thought I'd try him out one mor
Blood Rose Books
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have not read the first two book (Hell Divers & Hell Divers: Ghosts) in the series, stop right now and go order them. They are both fantastic reads that you will not want to put down. This review will contain SPOILERS for both of those books and you really don’t want to do that to yourself, so just stop reading this now and start at the beginning of the series. Trust me you won’t regret it.

Nicholas Sansbury Smith is back with his killer Hell divers series and this time the divers are
Wendy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Deliverance” the imaginative and thrilling third book in the Hell Divers series opens with Commander Michael (Tin) Everhart and his Raptor team escaping from the horrors of the Hilltop Bastion in a warship called Deliverance. Having intercepted a message from Xavier “X” Rodriguez after years of being thought dead, Tin and his team set out to find him and bring him home to their airship the “Hive”.

Woven into their rescue mission are insights into X’s hellish existence over six years in a radioac
BookLoversLife
Having found out the truth about X, Michael sets off with his team, in the new ship, to find him. Both of them were abandoned by Captain Jordan and both are struggling to survive the new world they find themselves in. Can they come together before it's too late?

Wow! This book!!! Here's me thinking this series can't get any better, but yet again I'm proved wrong. This was..... I can't even form coherent words to express my thoughts!! Brilliant, exciting, intense, action packed, heart pounding, he
Laurel
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an absolute treat to be able to reenter the post-apocalyptic world of the Hell Divers. The first book blew me away, the second book was duly devoured, and this third book was no less of a hell-ride.

Approximately 250 years after the world went to hell in a nuclear war that destroyed the surface of the planet, airships ply the skies over what used to be the USA, unable to land on the blasted - and dangerous - earth. Now aged and falling apart, the airships are maintained by supplies collecte
Craig Pearson
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Though this is the third book in the Hell Divers series it is easy to pick up on the story line. The most interesting character is Captain Jordan. He honestly believes he is acting for the common good of mankind but has let absolute power go to his head. My only major issue with the book is the going back and forth in time as a writers technique. it was very hard to follow. The nuclear war that devastated the planet apparently happened 250 years previously. How could all of the mutations happen ...more
Philip Spick
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Endurance

A good story continuing the Hell Divers tale. New fights and new enemies but the struggle goes on. X is found but so are the new enemies. The fight is not over.
Tim
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is easy to be concerned that sequels to a great book may pale in comparison. Thankfully the third He’ll Divers book is just as good as the first two. While all three have the same characters and world, each book is different from each other in its action and focus. I found this book to be a joy to read. To me this author puts in the work to ensure everything is as good as it can be. The multiple characters feel real and are all flawed and I love them because of it. No character is ever boring ...more
Jacob
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was better than #2, Ghosts :) Actually, this probably should have *been* book number 2. X has a major part in the story, there's more variety in what's going on with plants and animals on the surface (although the murderous glowing red tree and the camouflage sirens in book 2 were cool), and the bad guy, Captain Jordan, is more directly bad and people are actually reacting to it.

This book is longer than the previous two. At least I think it is. It's harder to tell on a Kindle ;) And even t
Ryan Rauber
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Xavier Rodriguez, a former Hell Diver from an airship, has been stranded in the post-apocalyptic surface of the earth for the past 10 years. He and his companion, a dog named Miles, have eluded the monsters that roam the wastelands and have finally reached what was once Miami.

This third book in the series delivers with plenty of action, memorable characters, and even an option to continue the series. If you like post-apocalyptic fiction, this is a great series to pick up.
Tanya Procknow
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do love this series. I can never guess where it’s headed next and that’s unusual. Great continuation and I’m already looking forward to the next. Thanks Netgalley.
Scot Parker
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better and better. I'm glad I kept going after the first book; I can't wait for the release of book 4 in November!
Ziggy Nixon
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: dystopian story fans looking for an action fix
Recommended to Ziggy by: Scott Sigler (author)
3,5 stars. And I'm sorry but I think this time I'm rounding down. No, it's not really a 3-star book like most of my previous such-ranked books have been, but it wasn't as good for me as the first two Hell Divers. I need to have some distinction WITHIN THIS SERIES especially if goodreads won't give us our 1/2 star system (can't you hear the lower deckers just screaming about this injustice?).

There was just something about 'Deliverance' (besides that awful title... thank goodness we didn't have an
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: please add page count 3 17 May 19, 2018 01:23PM
Official Nicholas...: Hell Divers III: Deliverance 6 16 May 15, 2018 09:07AM

• True Control (True, #4.1)
  • Jacob's Odyssey
  • Coils
  • Sent Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #3)
  • Don't Touch the Blue Stuff! (Where the Hell is Tesla? #2)
  • Pleasure (Pleasure Pain or Purpose, #1)
  • Claimed by Her Web Master (Web Master, #3)
  • The Labyrinthians
  • Not-So-Straight Sue  (Girl Meets Girl, #2)
  • Nights of Silk and Sapphire
  • Walking on Knives
  • It's Better This Way
  • Ulterior Designs (House of Evans, #1)
  • What Our Eyes Have Witnessed
  • Pretty Wicked (Pretty Wicked, #1)
Nicholas Sansbury Smith is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Hell Divers series. His other work includes the Extinction Cycle series, the Trackers series, and the Orbs series. He worked for Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management in disaster planning and mitigation before switching careers to focus on his one true passion--writing. When he isn't writing or daydream ...more

Hell Divers (6 books)
  • Hell Divers (Hell Divers #1)
  • Ghosts (Hell Divers, #2)
  • Wolves (Hell Divers, #4)
  • Captives (Hell Divers #5)
  • Allegiance (Hell Divers #6)