Start by marking “Persephone” as Want to Read:
Persephone

Persephone

When Persephone was born, Zeus received a troubling prophecy. Some day his beautiful innocent daughter would be taken captive by Hades, the dark god of the underworld. Determined to protect her, her father hid her away in the human world where she would be shielded from her fate.

Hades learned of this betrayal nine centuries ago. He’s been searching for his destined queen e
Published June 26th 2017 by Burlesque Press

To ask other readers questions about Persephone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Persephone

warhawke

Genre: Erotic Fantasy/Myth Retelling
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Even though Persephone lived a simple life, she cherished every moments. Working in a flower shop brought her happiness seeing life flourished all around her. What she never knew that her life had been a complete lie until a mysterious stranger showed her what's waiting at the other side of the world.

As the Lord of the Underworld, Hades was fated to have Persephone as his bride. But her father Zeus hid her for centu
etherealfire
Won this Kindle book from a Goodreads giveaway and boy do I feel terrible about this. It isn't you, book, it is definitely me. Reading (the blurb) is fundamental, but... I'm ashamed to say I really must not have. Because I was expecting a different sort of book, along the lines of the book I just recently read (Ophelia by Lisa Klein). And this book... wasn't that. I don't even feel comfortable reviewing the book because I don't think I'm the target audience to give it a fair shake but I have to ...more
Elle
3* where's my love STARS!

description

I was so excited when Kitty Thomas announced this book. A retelling from my fave Greek God, Hades. I can't imagine how inappropriate is he going to be. Because, you know, she always write not for the faint-hearted kind of story. Unfortunately, this isn't like what I expected.

description

Well, the story line was still like the original one. Hades is searching for his promised bride, Persephone. But she's living in modern human world as a real human; not a goddess. Hades didn't really
CC
description

Persephone is a gentle and kind woman who works at a flower shop and enjoys her limited but cheery existence until a mysterious and broody man suddenly abducts her. Insistent she belongs to him, Persephone panics and believes he is insane but once he demands she take a leap of faith, all she knows irrevocably changes.

“I told you I’m a god. My will is always obeyed. Something you will learn very soon.”

As the king of underworld, Hades’ endless search for Persephone is finally over and he’s re
Clarissa Wild
OH MY GOD THIS WAS AMAZING!!!
This ticked ALL my boxes ....
PNR ✔
Bad to the bone hero ✔
Hot, kinky sex ✔
Orgies ✔
A little sweetness to top it off ✔

But back off, ladies, Hades is mine 😍

Just Denise
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Wow! I really liked this book. A new spin on an old tale.
I loved how Persephone developed. From her sweet innocent young self, to a confident woman.
Hades, well...what can I say. I totally fell for him.

Oh that castle! 😉

Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Love the legend.. this book not so much. I probably should have read the blurb a little more closely, LOL.
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Going into this book, I know that there are two things that I love: Kitty Thomas' works and Persephone x Hades pairing. This book started out okay but it just fell flat somewhere along the way. It's so disappointing because I expected something much better.

I felt like Persephone is bastardized, somehow. Thomas' interpretation of Persephone isn't my Persephone. She's only a shell of her. My Persephone is a badass queen of the underworld. I'd like to think that she keeps Hades on his toes. And s
Hettie Ivers
Something to look forward to in hell!
This is a genius retelling of the classic Greek myth that will leave you wondering why the hell didn't anyone think to 86 Demeter from the story line before in all of the many retellings out there?! God, that woman really was annoying, always marginalized Persephone's character, and took away from the overall sexiness of the story in every other version I've ever read. Demeter also always took the blame for Zeus's actions, reducing his role to patsy in almos
Sherlock Aragon
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I was very disappointed with this book.
I'm a fan of Kitty and her work but this book is not up to her usual work.
I felt like reading a book written by a teenage, without depth and with several silly remarks.
The characters are by no means endearing, nor even
impressive, just stupidly malicious with bad temper for him and whimpering for her.
K. T. has accustomed us to calculating characters, profound, sometimes disoriented but logical ...
Their is always an explanation or a reason for them to act t
Alyssa
Somewhere around 2 stars for me

Let me start by saying this:
*I love a fairy tale/mythology retelling
*I love dark romance
*Even more so, I love a dark/erotic fairy tale/mythology retelling

Given the factors above, this didn't work for me. It was straight up, a fairly basic telling of the story of Hades/Persephone (the actual god/goddess - not a take on or interpretation of their story) set in the present with lots of illicit scenes.
⭐ Emerson ⭐
99cents on Amazon and iTunes! :)
Vasiliki
3 stars

This is a paranorman erotic story based on the classic myth of Persephone.

On the positive side, the original perception of the myth. The book started really nicely and kept my interest. The heroine was nice. The first intimate scenes were full of tension and passion.

On the negative side, after the first half of the book, the plot wasn't important anymore and everything was about sex. I hate to admit it but it became boring and without purpose. The point of the story felt lost to me.
Brandi
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I thoroughly enjoy Kitty's work. When I read the blurb for this book I was enamored. Persephone and Hades was one of my favorites growing up. Yes, even as a young girl I dreamed of being swept away by a dark, delicious, dangerous, possessive man. Though I think having such high hopes may have hindered my ability to be unbiased where this story is concerned.

I liked the differences in Kitty's story and the mythology. And yet... I mean, the story had me enthralled but I wanted MORE! I know, how gl
Jacque
My introduction to Kitty Thomas new book was without a title, cover or blurb but I was told it had magic. Magic like a PNR or Urban Fantasy? Neither. Neither? How is that possible? Then I got the book and my jaw dropped. The title explained that magic to me. Persephone. Oh my gosh! Ms. Thomas has dipped into Greek mythology. This isn’t magic, this is the world of gods! Persephone was the goddess queen of the underworld, wife of the god Hades. I knew all this going in and couldn’t wait to see wha ...more
Kira
It started off good but fizzled out half way through. Persephone adapted to Hades and to having multiple sexual partners very quickly. Persephone was too weak even though there was a reason for that. Nothing about her seemed like the queen of the underworld. She was too understanding and forgiving of Hades poor behavior. Hades wasn't what I was expecting either. I thought the king of the underworld would have been more in many ways. The ending was completely lackluster.
Kitty Thomas
Jul 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
PERSEPHONE IS LIVE IN AUDIO: https://adbl.co/2NoDByk
Snooty1
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books, romance
Damn...
This is not for the faint of heart and at the same time is weirdly sweet and possibly romantic in a dominating alpha kind of way. Basically it’s a BDSM Persephone myth. Which honestly is kind of how I pictured it from mythology.
Jessica
Jun 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book is better suited for kindle unlimited than $4.95. It was definitely not worth the cost. It was short and had a rushed resolution. The writing style was poor and rudimentary. No character development and lacking chemistry between the H and h. The love story between Persephone and Hades is timeless, lengendary even, but in this book it falls flat. Mythology has basically given you palpable tension and hot steamy angst on a silver platter but this author was completely oblivious. I also d ...more
Harim (The Reader Blog)
I looove me some Greek mythology and this couple's story is my absolute favorite.

I was HOOKED from the start and after that it was just disastrously horrible.

Anyway, thank you for keeping Demeter out of the equation but the moment the story took a deep dive in all that ropes and shit and sharing is caring...

nope, not my cuppa!

Anyway, thanks KT for the attempt. How I wished you had kept it till these two only
Shari-amor
I am a huge fan of greek mythological tales and an even bigger fan of Kitty Thomas. I loved her erotic retelling of the story between Persephone and Hades. The sweet, innocent Goddess of spring abducted by the God of the Underworld. He wants to command, corrupt and shower her with all the dark pleasures only his hedonistic kingdom can. I loved reading their journey and discovering how they come to care for one another. Even though, I was holding my breath waiting for Hades to reveal his true nat ...more
Crystal
I am not sure why, but I was expecting a teenage/high school type Hades and Persephone story. This story was anything but that! Kitty Thomas's version is really dark. Like stuff that I would normally stay away from kind of dark. But in this case, and for reasons that I don't really understand, I was totally in to it and it works. I listened to the audio version but have also had the ebook in my library for a long time as I have been wanting to read it forever. I'm glad that I got to lis
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
“There was nowhere they could have hidden you from me that I wouldn’t have eventually uncovered.”

Once upon a time there was a beautiful Goddess of Light that was desired by the God of Darkness. With no memory of her past or her identity, she is swept away from the mortal realm, and is taken into the dark pits of Hell. Her Master awakens pleasures she never knew existed…and she craves more... “there is no shame in the underworld. Only pleasure.”

Kitty Thomas has taken the mythological tale of Pers
Blackrose87235
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think I'm in love with this book... Kitty Thomas has done it again. I had read the preview a few short days before it was released and was already hooked and just had to read it.

Perfect length. Damn good naughty scenes. Hot but dark evil character. This was just so good!
lebedeva/  stop killing villains 2019
I finished this book and then I couldn't decide if I should rate it or not.

I think I should add that I'm not looking for lovey dovey vanilla romance in romance books.
I'm interested in ships and love stories that are dark, complicated, multidimensional.

To me HP is something so dear, so precious I can't even talk about it coherently. It's one of my most beloved stories.

I was looking forward to reading this. I couldn't wait.

But sadly it was very disappointing. Author calls herself a HP fan but I wi
Judith Krain
Not her best

Work. I love her writing, but this book was disappointing. It seemed to end by running out of steam. I look forward to her next book.
Melanie
I really loved this retelling of Hades and Persephone. Persephone was so innocent when Hades first finds her. At first, Hades was all about getting revenge on Zeus for hiding her from him for so many centuries. He quickly fell for her. It didn't take Persephone long to fall for Hades too. She does go from innocent to full fledged debauchery pretty quickly, but that didn't detract from the story for me.

Ms. Thomas did a great job showing how the gods would act like toddlers when they didn't get th
Courtney Green
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I Love Greek Mythology, and I LOVE Dark Romance.

My Favorite Legendary Couple Persephone & Hades Was Disgraced.

Completely Obliterated.

Thinking this book was gonna be the best of both worlds, being My Favorite God & Goddess and Dark Erotic Romance.

Plus this book was recommended by a favored author, so I got it.

What A HUGE disappointment, not only was Persephone as weak a hell, she submitted almost immediately and didn't put up a fight. I just like some girls with a slight backbone and this
Leslie OBrien
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love retellings of myths and fairytales. The idea of seeing the same story from a different perspective intrigues me. In Kitty Thomas’ “Persephone”, we learn that in order to protect his daughter, Zeus has hidden Persephone in the human world and it’s taken nine centuries before Hades finally finds her. Nine centuries for him to build up his anger, resentment, need for revenge. Except it isn’t Zeus who will bear the brunt of his anger; it’s Persephone. But what happens when Persepho ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • My Valentine (Siren, #2)
  • Hostage
  • The Trip
  • Maid for It
  • Conrad's First Girl
  • Her Master's Kiss 4 (Her Master's Kiss, #4)
  • Twisted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #3)
  • Bleeds My Desire (Blood Bonds, #1)
  • Foster Dad
  • Wait For Me (For Me #1)
  • Cry Little Sister
  • Sweet Captivity
  • Hellhound: Dogs of War (Hellhound, #2)
  • Don't Let Go (Dark Nights, #2)
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Junkie (Broken Doll #1)
  • Daddy's Girl
🎀 TWISTED FATES RELEASE DATE: 9/17/19. Pre-order links here: Introductory ebook price: $3.99 through release week only: https://kittythomas.com/pre-order-lin... 🎀

KITTY THOMAS began publishing in early 2010 with her bestselling COMFORT FOOD and is considered one of the original authors of the dark romance/erotic subgenre.

For free excerpts, follow her at Book and Main: https://bookandmainbites.com/K