Start by marking “Perfect Death (D.I. Callanach, #3)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Death (D.I. Callanach, #3)

Perfect Death

(D.I. Callanach #3)

Theres no easy way to die

Unknown to DI Luc Callanach and the newly promoted DCI Ava Turner, a serial killer has Edinburgh firmly in his grip. The killer is taking his victims in the coldest, most calculating way possible engineering slow and painful deaths by poison, with his victims entirely unaware of the drugs flooding their bloodstream until its too late.

But how do
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published January 25th 2018 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Death

Start your review of Perfect Death (D.I. Callanach, #3)
Matt
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Helen Fields is back with another instalment of her popular Police Scotland series, where DI Luc Callanach has a new case to handle that will challenge everything he knows about policing. Callanach continues to adjust to his position within Police Scotland, much different from his INTERPOL days. After his colleagues recent promotion, Callanach is adjusting to a new professional relationship with DCI Ava Turner, who has been forced to learn the ropes swiftly. While Callanachs attention is drawn ...more
Kirsty ❤️
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Skyler Autumn
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I can't stop, won't stop reading this series it so good. The perfect autumn detective read.

Review to Come

Christine
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh hooray! I am so over the moon to get my hands on Perfect Death. I was aching for more, after finishing Perfect Prey. This is one of the series that I have been raving about for some time. This is one of the hottest new series out there. Perfect Death follows on beautifully from Perfect Remains and Perfect Prey. This is quality crime drama. It is the very welcome return of Scottish duo, DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callanach.

If you are new to the series, I recommend starting with book one,
Sandy
Edinburgh homicide detectives DI Luc Callanach & DCI Ava Turner are back. With Avas promotion, any chance of a romantic relationship has been scuppered & their friendship has suffered as well. In this outing they will be forced to rely on each other as they come up against a devious & damaged killer.

Climbing the ladder with Police Scotland has been a lot harder than Ava thought. Turns out its the small things she misses the most. No more casual chat with the crew, no more drinks
Eva
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After having read the previous two books in this series, Ive come to expect a dark and gruesome story with a level of originality from Helen Fields. This third instalment is no different and the DI Callanach series just keeps getting better!

For one, theres an absolutely fascinating killer on the loose. Charming, manipulative and apparently completely invisible. A killer whose pleasure comes from watching other peoples pain and grief. If thats not original, I dont know what is!

But theres more! A
Gary
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in the DI Callanach series by author Helen Fields. These books can be read as stand alone but I always like to read them in order to fully enjoy the sub plots etc.
I think that one of the strengths of this series are the characters. In DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callanach there is excellent chemistry. This book has Ava in a bit of an emotional turmoil, dealing with a recent promotion and the sudden loss of her friend DCI Begbie. DCI Ava Turner is distraught when her former
Kat Dietrich
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

Perfect Death by Helen Fields is the third in the DI Luc Callanach series.

Series Background: (Warning May contain spoilers from previous books)
DI Luc Callanach is half French and half Scottish, living most of his life in France, and working for Interpol. Due to a false rape allegation made by co-worker Astrid Borde, he leaves France, his job, his friends, his mother. Very few are sad to see him go. With some assistance from his bosses, he heads to Edinburgh to take command of a homicide team.
Helga
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, crime, series
You can never have enough Callanach indeed!

A teenagers naked body is found in a remote area. Cause of death seems to be hypothermia, but further tests show the presence of a large amount of drugs in her body.

A woman is rushed to the hospital after days of having flu-like symptoms. She dies under suspicious circumstances. Cause of death: drug overdose.

Are the two cases connected? What is the motive for the killings? Is this manipulative psychopath going to strike again?

Helen Fields never
Mandy White
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
There is is serial killer on the loose in Scotland and it is up to Callaghan and Turner to stop them while also dealing with major issues in their personal lives.

This was an enjoyable book, but being book 3 in the series and the first I have read I felt that I was missing a lot of back story. I think I will go back and read the first 2 books.

Thanks to Avon Books UK for a copy of this book to read in exchange for my honest opinions
Mary
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Totally addictive!
Utterly compelling!
Just loved it!
Highly recommended!
Can't wait for next book in the series!
Kelly Lacey
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So back in early last year, I went to a Blackwells Bookstore event. I had just started my blog I wanted to review some local bookish events. So when it said two crime authors were featuring I was delighted. They were Helen Fields and Paul Finch, two authors I had never read before.

The event was eye opening and Ive said it many times in previous posts that hearing Helen Fields discuss how book one in the series Perfect Remains came to fruition, reignited my love of crime fiction. I had swayed
Liz Barnsley
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow another stonking good read here in the Callanach series from Helen Fields - dark and twisted but with a really authentic edge, these are the books you bang through because you get so involved with all that is going on.

There were two sides to this beautifully plotted tale - both strands working well together to give an addictive and cleverly unpredictable read - Helen Fields writes with a strong emotional core that makes you feel the characters pain. Here we have a hidden poisoner - by the
Denise
"There were different types of pain...the pain of loss...shocked pain...the slow dull ache of reality...followed by the mewling baby, self-pity."

There's someone in Edinburgh who enjoys sharing grief that others experience. An evil serial killer is wanting to get up close and personal with those who've experienced the death of a loved one. This sociopath wants to offer comfort -- so much so that maybe that monster is responsible for the deaths in the first place?

DI Luc Callanach and the newly
Siobhan
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Last year I won Perfect Remains in a Goodreads giveaway, after debating whether or not I wished to pick up the book, quickly finding out this was a series I would want to continue. At first, I wasnt sure about Perfect Remains but it soon won me over. It wasnt the strongest four-star rating I have ever handed out, but it guaranteed I would be back for more. Perfect Prey, on the other hand, blew me away. I enjoyed it so much more than I enjoyed the first book, leaving me desperate for book three. ...more
Sally Whiteside
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better for me. I love this author as much as Angela Marsons and Robert Bryndza to name a couple. Cannot wait to see what is next in the series.
Donna Maguire

I loved the characters and the setting (I am a big fan of books set in Scotland). The plot for the book was superb, the writing style was spot on for the genre with just the right amount of detail for me, it was gritty, it gripped me and I loved it.

Personally I do think you need to have read the books in order to get the most out of the book (this is the third book in the series and the previous two are also very, very good).

For me this is one of the best
Nicole
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so pleased this author has another book out already (January 2018) Perfect Death has Luc Callanach investigating a young girl's death of hypothermia. Meanwhile a sudden death has Ava Turner reeling, will she be able to roll with the punches that keep coming?
To be honest I could not put this down. I love the Edinburgh jaunty friendship of the team & DS Lively had me giggling many times.
I really want this made into a tv series.
However it was the last 50 pages that had me terrified for
Karen
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant read from Helen Fields.
L just love these books, fast paced, great plots and wonderful characters
Yvonne
Helen has pulled off another brilliantly twisted and intricate plot as we are reunited with Callanach, Turner, Ailsa, Lively and Tripp. Bringing some events from previous books into this story to give a little more information on the established characters. The story is set in Edinburgh when the body of a young women is found in the area known as Arthurs Seat, initially thought to have died from hypothermia. But from experience of reading Helens previous books, it was never going to be as simple ...more
Louise
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Laura Rash
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bit of a twist on a serial killer story here. Ive enjoyed binge reading the first three books in this series & am impatiently waiting for book 4. ...more
Julie Lacey
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant book and it seems the series is getting better and better.
I love both Luc and Ava and whilst Ava is now his superior, they still gave a great working relationship.
The killer in this book is very disturbed and its not until near the end that you find out why hes been killing people.
Hes very meticulous and weaves his way into his victims lives and leaves untold grief in his wake.
Theres also a death of someone close to Ava and Alisa and the repercussions of this are felt
Dani
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the first two books, especially DC Callanachs character but I did not enjoy this book as much. The story felt quite extreme and unbelievable. I wondered if the book had been rushed to get it out following the success of the first two. I would still read the next book but hoping that there is a return to the standard of the first books. Im also not so sure how long I can cope with the will they/wont they dynamic between Callanach and Turner - its a bit Ross and Rachel from Friends! ...more
Will T
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime
Another hold-your-breath, grip-the-barriers, rollercoaster ride of a book, rattling along, building momentum and sending you in different directions with a sudden, unexpected jerk every few pages. As it glides to a halt you get off with your knees weak and your hands shaking. Phew! Now, where's the next one? Ah, right here on my Kindle's little ferris wheel...
Annette
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first two in the series this book certainly didn't disappoint. There are two investigations to follow, one is in connection with DCI Turners former boss who is found dead in his car shortly after retirement. This death leads to an investigation which is connected to the seedier side of Edinburgh with drugs, prostitution and violence an everyday occurrence. The other investigation is looking into two suspicious deaths with little to go on. DI Luc Callanach has some personal ...more
Kay Woolford
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Typical I find a book that is number 3 in the series 🙃

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and finished it in one day.

The book started to pick up pace about half way through but I need to read the first 2. As there's references to incidents I domt understand.

But it was still a good read, it's not often theres a book about someone who poisons others, it was good to read something different.
Charmaine Saliba
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved it, this series is getting better with every book. It is faced paced and couldnt put it. I not ashamed to confess that I have a crush for DI Luc. If you love a gruesome psychological thriller this is for you.
DI Callanach was called on a crime site, when he got there he found the body of a young women. She was naked in December weather. It seems that the girl ends up have some fun and things got out of control. Meanwhile DCI Tuner, newly promoted was called on another crime scene and was
Noodles78
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoying this series. I like both detectives equally, the crimes are twisted and perplexing so I don't guess who did it right away and the sexual chemistry is just right.
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Avon Books for an advance copy of Perfect Death, the third novel to feature DI Luc Callenach and DCI Ava Turner of the Edinburgh Police.

Ava is struggling to settle into her new role as DCI, feeling the loneliness of management and missing the camaraderie of her colleagues. Perhaps this is why she refuses to accept the verdict of suicide in the death of her former boss DCI Begbie and starts an off the books investigation. Luc is investigating the apparently
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Hangman’s Hold (DCI Matilda Darke Series, #4)
  • The Murder House (DCI Matilda Darke, #5)
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone, #11)
  • Dying Truth (D.I. Kim Stone, #8)
  • Degrees of Guilt
  • First Blood (series prequel)
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • Fatal Promise (D.I. Kim Stone, #9)
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • Bad Dog: A Gripping British Crime Thriller (DCI Kett Crime Thrillers Book 2)
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6)
  • Blood and Treachery (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers #4)
  • Paper Girls (DCI Kett, #1)
  • For Reasons Unknown (DCI Matilda Darke, #1)
  • Wrong Victim  (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 3)
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
An international and Amazon #1 best-selling author, Helen is a former criminal and family law barrister. Every book in the Callanach series claimed an Amazon #1 bestseller flag. Her next book, the sixth in the series, 'Perfect Kill' is due out on 6 February 2020. Helen also writes as HS Chandler, and last year released legal thriller 'Degrees of Guilt'. Her previous audio book 'Perfect Crime' ...more

D.I. Callanach (6 books)
  • Perfect Remains (D.I. Callanach, #1)
  • Perfect Prey (D.I. Callanach, #2)
  • Perfect Silence (D.I. Callanach, #4)
  • Perfect Crime (D.I. Callanach, #5)
  • Perfect Kill (D.I. Callanach, #6)