Start by marking “The Mummy Bloggers” as Want to Read:
The Mummy Bloggers

The Mummy Bloggers

Sometimes life behind the screen is not as rosy as it seems...

Meet three Mummy Bloggers - each of them followed, idolised, imitated, taunted and trolled online.

Elle Campbell is a glossy, lycra-clad mum with washboard abs, a ten-year plan and a secret past. Abi Black has quit sugar, moved to the country and is homeschooling her kids. Leisel Adams slogs away at her office j
Published September 1st 2017 by Allen & Unwin (first published August 23rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Mummy Bloggers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mummy Bloggers

Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
It was only a matter of time before an author was going to take on the mighty and influential world of parenting blogs. Holly Wainwright, the Head of Entertainment of Australia’s largest women’s lifestyle digital media site, Mamamia and a mum of two, is just the person for the job. Wainwright’s debut novel, The Mummy Bloggers, delves right into the parenting blogging sphere, revealing a world of high drama, stretched truths, comedy and determination.

When thr
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book swept me away from the beginning and I loved how the writer has made intricate connections between the three women. It was inevitable that blogging, particularly parenting blogs, would feature in a novel and here I can safely say that Wainwright has done a fantastic fictionalisation.

Each of the three women describe experiences that I’m sure Mothers can all relate to at some point in their parenthood lives. Yes, they are exaggerations, caricatures of reality, but this helps add to the e
Nicole ❤
‘People aren’t who you think they are from the outside.’
📖 BUY THIS BOOK: Amazon🌹 Barnes & Noble🌹 Kobo📖

Much thanks to NetGalley and Legend Press for this advance copy. This review is voluntary and opinions are fully my own.

📚 Series: No.
📚 Genre: Women's Fiction
📚 POV: Multiple Third Person
📚 Cliffhanger: No.

⚠ Content Warnings: Stalking. Drug Addiction. Attempted Murder. Online bullying. Faking cancer. Faking death. Internet and Social Media Obsession.
⚠ Read if: you love celebrities,
✨ Jasmin ✨
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-you-in-2017
Okay, so I saw this book laying around Big W so many times that I thought that I had to pick it up. The cover and the tagline intrigued me.
According to the back cover, Wainwright's writing is similar of Liane Moriarty's and I think that's just so insulting to Moriarty's craft. I've read four out of seven of her books and she has solid writing, time and time again. The writing to me was so poor in this book. It felt like an editor needed to re-read this book and then re-read it again. So many sen
Bookread2day
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone is talking about this book on Twitter.

Oh my what a fantastic book. I would have given The Mummy Bloggers far more than five stars if I could have.

First of all I have to tell you all I loved every second of this funny book.

Let's face it we are all really bloggers, blogging about the books we love. But we do it for the love of reading. I don't blog about books to try to win awards, I blog about books because I love my books.

But these three women will blog about far much more.

Lets meet
Kat
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to fans of Liane Moriarty, or online Blog readers!

Don't be fooled into thinking this is just another 'chick-lit' title, this Melbourne/Victoria based fiction novel actually has some depth to it, although written in a generally humourous manner.

We get to follow 3 very different Aussie mums as they go about their lives & Blog about them to their many Followers - however is the life they each Blog about actually representative of their reality?

Let's face it, most of us exaggerate
Liza Ratliff
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing

If you have read all of Liane Moriarty's back catalogue, then you need to read the Mummy Bloggers. It’s fresh, feisty, filled with humor and a lot more intrigue than you think.

It will suck you into the world of three women who are all bloggers, all different, and all lead very different lives to what they portray online.

I very rarely sit down and read a book in 3 days, but that is exactly what I did with this one. I got so invested in it. And I really really really hope there is a second one.
Anna
Jan 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
I have to preface this by saying that, despite what I'm about to write, I adore Holly Wainwright and everything she stands for. I love listening to her podcasted thoughts and that won't change. However, this novel was terrible. A hastily written and poorly edited soup of stereotypes and soapboxing, with a hero character clearly based on the author herself and a villain who is written with so little empathy it comes across as the product of some weird grudge Wainwright seems to have with similar ...more
Lee
I started reading this book with such enthusiasm. After all, a couple of the characters are my age and they mention all types of things I can relate to (even my beloved Thermomix, LOL) but a few chapters in and, to use my internet speak, everything was blah.

The general premise has three bloggers, each quite different despite all specialising in the online parenting arena, vying for a blogging award. The idea that there are such awards sounds insane but, as the book is written by a real life blo
Reannon Bowen
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh this was good!!! As a long time blog reader this was right up my alley & did not disappoint. I know this is fiction but I feel like there’s plenty gleaned from the real life blogging world. So while some of the story line feels a little bonkers ( Elle is the kind of blogger/instagrammer I stay away from!) I can’t help but think it’s not too far from reality. A quick, fun page turner.
Els
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A competition for bloggers with a big prize linked to it, that every blogger’s dream, isn’t it?

Of course it is and when the three nominees are announced, the heat is on.

The three women know of each other, but do not really know each other although there is a connection between them whether they like it or not.

A blog is about talking about things you believe in and you care about, but you have to be careful what and how you say it. People will love you and your ideas or people will hate you or wh
Butterfly2507
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elle, Abi and Eisel have a few things in common, yes, but they couldn't be any more different if they tried. I can't even choose my favorite since they're all either likable, witty or funny. And that's exactly what makes the book so good: the perfect mixture.

It's especially fun if you yourself have a blog or social media presence since you'll often find yourself nodding along to whatever is written in the book (at least I did!).

It's a quick and fun read, perfect for a vacation day!
Alicia Huxtable
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-wins
This book is a look into just how crazy the internet can be, through the lives, or perceived lives, of 3 woman bloggers. They all have completely separate and different ideas.on what is perfect and portray that through blogging to like minded people......but are they really real women?? Are their lives really perfect?? When it all comes to a head who will be telling the truth??
It was at times an amusing read and I definately enjoyed it
Melissa Borsey
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an all out fun, audacious read with a good fist pumping ending. Really enjoyed this book from beginning to end and I look forward to reading more by this author. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Rebecca Bowyer
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book - stayed up late reading it, could not put it down. It feels like a book that's been asking to be written for a few years now. Thank you, Holly, for writing it!

In The Mummy Bloggers, Holly Wainwright has taken serious parenting issues, combined them with echoes of every online scandal over the past few years and thrown them at the colourful canvas that is the world of competitive ‘mummy’ blogging.

The result is a very funny story that every parent – and parenting blog
Belinda
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a total hate read for me. I found the characters so unlikeable it made me quite ragey at times.
Shelly
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well as an amateur part-time blogger (though not a "mummy" blogger) and a bit of an Instagram nut, this was a book that caught my attention. There are a lot of bloggers out there that would have you believe they chucked in the nine to five and "took a risk" and are now living the dream earning full-time livings from their travel; wellness; health; fitness, mummy..insert other "passion"; blogs

You have to wonder.. just how close or how far from the truth are these lifestyle entrepreneurs. In The M
Theresa Smith
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you have what it takes to be a blogging superstar? I definitely do not. And after reading The Mummy Bloggers, I’m not sure I would even want to go there! This debut novel by Holly Wainwright is both hilarious and shocking in equal measures. There were times I found myself laughing uncontrollably but also feeling guilty about what I was laughing at. It’s that kind of novel. Snarky, sarcastic, funny, outrageous, and entirely authentic – kind of like reality TV wrapped up in a book.

I loathed Ell
Irina Humphrey
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Mummy Bloggers is funny, witty, and each chapter leaves you wanting to start the next!

4 STARS

Everyone online thinks the three mummy bloggers lives are perfect. Why wouldn’t they?

ELLE is the stylish one. Perfect body. Perfect husband. Perfect kids. She’s all the #momgoals but how far will she go to grow her followers and keep up her perfect life?

LEISEL is the working mummy. Balancing her time with long work days to coming home and spending time with her stay at home husband and kids. Isn’t
Donna Hines
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Three women working as all mommy bloggers ....
What could possibly go wrong in today's day of trolls, nasty commentary, and mass media hysteria?
Welcome friends, family, foe to this wonderful new and quite colorful work by Holly Wainwright that shows that not everything comes up roses but that's ok because life will go on regardless of whether they love ya or hate ya.
Girlfriends and Guyfriends this is a chick lit party for the max but with a twisty lemon on that tea of yours.
You know things will g
Jenny Hobson
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't love it, didn't hate it.
The book follows the lives of 3 totally different mummy bloggers who's lives are intertwined. You get a insight to what their blogs are all about and how the mums live their lives. They all get nominated for a blogger award and then we see how far they will go to win.
It was a good insight to the world we are living in with social media and shows that things aren't always as rosy as people would like you to think. I just didn't find any of the character that likeabl
Evie
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My dear bookworms 📚, if you are looking for your next read, look no further than The Mummy Bloggers by Holly Wainwright. The characters are extremely relatable and outright hilarious in their love / hate relationship with the people and the things that matter to them.

The things these women do to each other to boost their online engagement is outrageously funny. Seeing them struggle with their insecurities and overcome them in the best way they know how is pretty entertaining. I’d say, there’s a
Ashleigh
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Mummy Bloggers! The characters and their exploits were highly entertaining. I found myself wanting to quickly finish the story to see what happens next, while at the same time trying to pace myself and enjoy the ride. Our 3 main characters are pitted against one another for the prestigious Blog-ahh’s award that comes with a hefty cash prize and opportunities to transform blogging into big business. I found the PR world fascinating, it was interesting to learn a little about building ...more
Jessica
Sep 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Cool concept, which intrigued me at first, although the style of writing was terrible in my opinion. There's so many flashbacks to the point where it was just confusing. Characters that didn't help the plot at all were introduced for no reason which made it even more confusing. And the constant swearing made it a really unenjoyable read, obviously reflecting a lot of anger in Holly.
Amy Hunter
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A solid 3.5. I enjoyed this amusing read which portrays the online world in a very realistic way by touching on a lot of timely issues. The book is written from the point of view of all the various characters which I always enjoy. I also liked the blog posts woven into the story as well. Overall an enjoyable light read which also has some depth to it.
Meredith Walker
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This is a fabulous story of three mummy bloggers. Although they are all very different, there is a commonality to their experiences of online trolls and stop-at-nothing quest for more site traffic. And the lengths they go to are extreme, shocking if they weren’t so real. It is easy to recognise allusion to the real-life stories of Constance Hall and Belle Gibson et al. The characters are so well drawn and the narrative so engaging in its humour and intrigue that it is difficult to put it down. I ...more
Belinda Munro
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
4 stars. I was so excited to win this book through publisher competition and had been looking forward to reading it for a while. It certainly wasn't the chick-lit style book I was expecting! The author did a fantastic job of telling the story of 3 mummy bloggers all competing to win a large cash prize and blogging award, and how far they will go to be number one. Despite disliking pretty much all the characters in the book, I was completely sucked into the drama! I am however a little undecided ...more
Claire
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars from me! Super easy to read and very relatable in parts. A very good reminder of the smoke and mirrors of social media.
Liz Bamford
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holly Wainwright's debut novel is an entertaining, fast paced, relatable read that will have you nodding along to her astute observations of the online world in 2017.
Holly has captured perfectly the language and style of so much that we see and read online, and has used her comprehensive knowledge of 'the interwebs' to write a novel that rings true on so many levels.
Read this book!! You won't regret it!!
Sharon
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
The Mummy Bloggers is a vastly entertaining satire of women taking their blogging too seriously, revolving around three strong, flawed female characters. Underneath the soap-opera twists and turns are some important messages about how social media can spill over into life in ways that aren't healthy, and, of course, reflections on parenthood from all angles. While the prose relies on telling rather than showing a bit much, it's still an enjoyable read with the right balance between poignancy and ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Work Strife Balance
  • Feels Like Home
  • Burnt
  • The Golden Child
  • After the Darkness
  • An Absolute Deception
  • Jillaroo (Jillaroo, #1)
  • The Girl in the Hard Hat
  • Beautiful Messy Love
  • Man Drought
  • Teacher: One woman's struggle to keep the heart in teaching
  • The Way Back