Start by marking “Ghost in the Ring” as Want to Read:
Ghost in the Ring

Ghost in the Ring

(Ghost Night #1)

Caina Amalas was once a deadly Ghost nightfighter, a spy and agent of the Emperor of Nighmar. Now she only wishes to live quietly with her husband. But civil war grips the Empire, and Caina's skills are needed against the cruel sorcerers of the malevolent Umbarian Order. And Caina has a dangerous connection to the Umbarians. For Caina's mother had many secrets, secrets tha ...more
Published June 1st 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Ghost in the Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost in the Ring

Start your review of Ghost in the Ring
Emiliano
Okay... So a vortex just sucked our dear Balariga and Kylon? Honestly, it's just incredulous...
A really good (and extremely convenient) way to change the setting, eliminate old characters, and introduce new characters though.

Apart from the beginning (which was terrible, I must say), it was a really good lead. I look forward to seeing Sophia grow... And the Scorneus family tree is a sweet mystery I just can't wait to unravel!

Already, Caina has gained yet another powerful ally in her half brother,
Coco.V
Jan 15, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/15/2021)! 🎁
Mary Catelli
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie, high-fantasy
Ghost Night book 1. First in this series, with a definite and sharp change of plot lines -- but still, serious spoilers ahead for the Ghosts and Ghost Exile.

It opens the night after Kylon and Caina marry. Where they are attacked by a magical vortex that sweeps them off. Both of them find themselves alone -- and naked -- in a mysterious structure, where Caina finds a forlorn girl, Sophia, and undead monsters, and Kylon a battle magus, Seb, fighting the Adamant Guard, before they find each other.
Larry B Gray
Great fantasy read

A good fantasy adventure with lots of action and plot twist. I really like the characters and found them highly developed, easy to identify with. I really like this book and I highly recommend it.
Donna
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
H.M.
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good (spoilers)

I’ll confess, when I was about to start this book a few years ago and read the sample, I was really annoyed. After everything she went through, Caina gets ripped away from her husband. It seemed like a cruel joke and made me angry. But I decided to give it another go, and saw that Caina and her husband were both transported. Which is fine because they were together. I loved Caina’s trap for the mavrohki. Sophia annoyed me throughout the book but she finally found a spine towards t
Francis Chamberland
Ghost in the Ring (Ghost Night Book 1) Review

Dear Jonathan, and the beat goes on in a new continuing series past the Ghost in Exile series. I am looking forward to reading this next adult series with great anticipation. This first book in the series is wonderful and imaginative. I truly love your characters and plot lines. I highly recommend reading this book and series to adults interested in reading a great story. Thanks for the entertainment. As always I recommend reading each series starting
Lisa
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great first book in this new Caina adventure

I wasn’t sure whether the start of yet another Caina Amalas arc was going to be a bit much, I mean seriously, how many magical and nefarious foes can one woman take on! However I really enjoyed this, perhaps more than the first book in the previous arc, largely I think because Caina is happier here and more assured with her place in the world. I’ve just downloaded book 2 so it’s definitely an arc I’m going to carry on with!
Ruthie
Let me just start off by saying, the Ghost series is one of my favorites of all time.
This series is divided up into 3 smaller "sets" and this book is the first of the 3rd set.
I have noticed that I usually don't favor the 1st books in the sets as much as thier sequels. The very first book in Set 1, set the stage of the entire Ghost saga, and I enjoyed it but its pacing was a bit slow. I still liked it though as it had a good climax, but the series only got better. When the 2nd set came out, I was
Holly Holliday
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original storyline

This book had me from the start. Lots of action and mystery. Characters are interesting. Awesome weapons. I just didn't understand what was the deal about the red coat?
Steve Smith
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A
Scott Prentice
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caina is back and as good as ever

A really great start to a new series. The hardest thing will be the wait for the books and more adventures
Lee
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad you are keeping Caina going. I really like her.
Tom
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very great it had a lot of action so I hope they will make a 2nd book in the future
Wamuyu Kago
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding! This is quite the gripping tale and I especially loved the dialogue.
It’s an engaging read.
Stephen
Didn't enjoy this as much as the previous series with this main character. Time to retire her. ...more
Aline
Apr 27, 2018
Michael Askin
Aug 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Buried Magic (White Haven Witches #1)
  • Manners and Monsters (Manners and Monsters, #1)
  • Lucifer's Daughter (Princess of Hell, #1)
  • Hellfire - Treachery
  • Lost Solace (Lost Solace #1)
  • Dragon Speaker (The Shadow War Saga #1)
  • The Solid-State Shuffle (Sunken City Capers, #1)
  • Fire Ant (The Navy of Humanity: Wasp Squadron Book 1)
  • Warriors of Blood and Shadow: Boxed Set 1 (The Silent Champions #1-2, 2.5)
  • Brindle Dragon Boxed Set: Complete Series Books 1 - 9
  • Pride and Magic (Spells and Sins #1)
  • Defender (Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
  • Court of Nightfall (The Nightfall Chronicles, #1)
  • Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates, #1)
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Displaced (Birthright #1)
  • The Sorcery Trial (The Faerie Race #1)
See top shelves…
Standing over six feet tall, USA Today bestselling author Jonathan Moeller has the piercing blue eyes of a Conan of Cimmeria, the bronze-colored hair of a Visigothic warrior-king, and the stern visage of a captain of men, none of which are useful in his career as a computer repairman, alas.

He has written the DEMONSOULED series of sword-and-sorcery novels, and continues to write THE GHOSTS sequence

Ghost Night (7 books)
  • Ghost in the Glass (Ghost Night #2)
  • Ghost in the Amulet (Ghost Night #3)
  • Ghost in the Tower (Ghost Night #4)
  • Ghost in the Vault (Ghost Night #5)
  • Ghost in the Council (Ghost Night #6)
  • Ghost in the Vision (Ghost Night #7)

News & Interviews