Start by marking “Relative Disasters: A Little Book of Silly Verse” as Want to Read:
Relative Disasters: A Little Book of Silly Verse

Relative Disasters: A Little Book of Silly Verse

A short collection of silly verse detailing the plethora of perils that come with being related to Wilkie. Containing six silly nonsense poems and two short poems giving the events leading up to the unfortunate, untimely and unlikely deaths of family members.
Published July 31st 2017 by Witcherley Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Relative Disasters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relative Disasters

Start your review of Relative Disasters: A Little Book of Silly Verse
Miriam Smith
Son won in the Goodreads Giveaways.
Steve
Oct 27, 2017 added it
Truly, “a little book of silly verse”

I found this description to be perfect. The poems are very silly, but this is not inconsistent with other Wilkie Martin’s writings. I enjoyed the book and it showed me a slightly different side of Martin than I saw in his Inspector Hobbes series.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book via Netgalley for review purposes.

Theediscerning
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A very little book indeed, this contains only seven pieces of poetry, and one of those is a Limerick. It's fun doggerel, and competently presented stuff, with a light touch of black comedy. Worth considering.
J.S. Watts
I feel guilty writing this review because I didn’t enjoy the book that much and yet, I’m not sure that it’s a fault of this book. Basically it claims to be “A little book of silly verse” and that’s what it is.

It’s a slim volume of seven humorous verses and accompanying illustrations by Ade Gorst, all creatively exploring the antics of the writer’s imagined relatives.

The writer does not lay down great claims for the book: “I don’t consider myself a poet, and having read th
RobinLeigh Morgan
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
Reading this short book by Wilkie Martin has triggered my memory of being a child and reading those books written by Edward Lear.

Edward Lear had been an English Renaissance Man of the 19th century, an individual who had an array of several interests; and Mr. Lear it had been being an artist, author, illustrator, musician as well as being a poet. As a child I can remember reading his collections of nonsensical poems, songs, short stories, and especially those hilarious limericks he ha
Josepha Dattore
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the title says

It was silly but fun and the cartoons were great. I absolutely loved all of the Inspector Hobbs books and i'm hoping for a lot more books.
Mark
Oct 05, 2017
Deborah Daigneault
Sep 04, 2017
Daniel Smith
Won in the Goodreads Giveaways.
Brittiny
Aug 16, 2019
Kim
Jun 18, 2019
Wilkie Martin
Aug 26, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sonia
Apuca
Branden
Rorolulu
Jan 10, 2018
Wilkie Martin sets his Unhuman series of novels in the Cotswolds, where he lives. He introduces readers to a close-knit, small-town community filled with quirky and occasionally dangerous inhabitants, and an ‘unhuman’ policeman who maintains law and order.
Read a sample of the books:

Inspector Hobbes and the Blood - unhuman I http://book2look.com/vBook.aspx?id=ZrFHGPVxgR

'fun and entertaining' Carol Siewert