Start by marking “Olympian Confessions: Hera” as Want to Read:
Olympian Confessions: Hera

Olympian Confessions: Hera

(Olympian Confessions)

Some might view Olympus as the glittering palace of the Gods, but Hera sees it for what it truly is: a prison. After being tricked into a marriage she didn't want, with a God she didn't love, Hera is now the Queen of Olympus. In order to protect those she loves, she must find a way to become a shield between others and the volatile fury of her new husband.
Zeus is the King
Published July 21st 2017 by Tychis Media

To ask other readers questions about Olympian Confessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Olympian Confessions

Start your review of Olympian Confessions: Hera
Annette
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, let's say that was quite a disappointment. After the amazingness that was Hades and Persephone I was really looking forward to this story. The display of power Hera presented at the end of that book tasted wonderfully and I longed for more and somehow I was expecting this to be the story of how Hera took control of the Olympus, her own life and the life of all the Gods and demi-Gods who had suffered under Zeus' reign.

And in a way that was exactly the story this book tried to tell, but for
Laurine
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a huge step forward in Erin's prowess as a writer. She dug deeper, into much darker material, and not only pulled at my heartstrings but actually made Hera into a sympathetic, complex, and compelling character.

All of those portrayals with her as the villain against all the half-mortal sons born to Zeus? There are damn good reasons for her negative feelings that bring a whole new light to the idea of a mortal body trying to handle the blood/mind/powers of a god. Her relationships with he
Kelsey Larsen
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a beta reader for this book and I absolutely loved it.

Kinsella is a very talented writer with a gift for taking stories that seem remote and unrelatable, and turning them into something touching and truly human.

Olympian Confessions: Hera in unconventional and highly welcome interpretation of the story of the Queen of Olympus. Too often Hera is portrayed as a jealous, vindictive character and I am so happy to see that Kinsella continues the trend she set in Hades & Persephone, taking well-k
A.P. Mobley
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It's very unique, one that doesn't necessarily fit into the plot structures that most modern stories do. It felt more like I was reading a classic literary novel rather than something modern, as if I were reading a text written by Hera herself which was later translated into English.

It's a story about a strong woman/goddess who perseveres through horrible circumstances. Although Hera is physically strong, being a powerful immortal goddess, her true strength lies in the strength
MJ
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have been a beta reader for this book! Hera is a wonderful and emotional story about female inner strength and empowerment, beautifully told through a well known myth and it's characters. What I love most about this book is the authors ability to realistically portray and bring attention to important issues that many women have faced, and still encounter in today's society Definitely recommend! :)
Amanda Ebner
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than I liked the previous installment, Hades and Persephone, but I felt like this story started to drag once it hit the part of the timeline that coincided. But one thing I did find interesting about this book was the humanizing of Hera, and how some of the myths that often portray her the worst are tailored to a different perspective here.
Spark
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted so badly to absolutely love this book. I love Hera so much, and it is a breath of fresh air to see her as the good guy for once. I've always thought of Zeus as a villain, but not as a three-year old in an adult body. I know this is her interpretation, so I don't want to gripe too much, but it was hard to see nuanced characters from the myth turned so black and white.
Danica Lamphere
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hera is a boss

Trigger warnings for domestic abuse Zeus is an ass and the story does a wonderful job of integrating myths into a unique tale
Anna Simpson
Aug 24, 2018
Callum Mills
rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2020
Tyffany
May 15, 2018
Shirin
May 22, 2018

• For the Love of Hades (Loves of Olympus, #2)
  • Voice of Power (The Spoken Mage, #1)
  • A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)
  • Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Firefly: The Magnificent Nine
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Big Damn Hero (Firefly #1)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • The Savior's Champion (The Savior's Series, #1)
  • Little Birds
  • Voice of Dominion (The Spoken Mage, #3)
Erin Kinsella is a romance and historical fantasy author dedicated to sharing stories of love, heartbreak, and triumph. You can also find her on YouTube, where she educates writers about the publishing industry, world building, and how to make your readers swoon. She attended the University of Alberta where she studied psychology and history. When she’s not writing or YouTubing she’s hanging out w ...more

Olympian Confessions (2 books)
  • Olympian Confessions: Hades and Persephone