Start by marking “Sex Symbol: a standalone (Hollywood Heat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sex Symbol: a standalone (Hollywood Heat, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Sex Symbol: a standalone

(Hollywood Heat #1)

Micah Preston is Hollywood’s #1 sex symbol.

A rich and famous actor who has sworn off any serious relationships, the playboy is the media’s favorite bachelor.

But he wasn’t anybody when Maddie Bauer met him seven years ago. Then he was just the hot guy at the party who gave her an amazing orgasm and never called her again.

Now her job as a camera assistant has landed her on t
Published June 30th 2017 (first published February 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sex Symbol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex Symbol

Neliey
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maddie is a good girl. she does what she is told and doesn't do anything wrong. The night she met Micah she went a little wild, and every encounter after that gets more intense. Micah makes her feel every emotion imaginable at once; Anger, Passion, Lust, Sadness. She starts to fall heads over heels for him but she has seen enough to know that he will never make this a permanent arrangement, and she doesn't know if it hurts more to stay or leave.

Micah loves his job, but that doesn't mean he hasn'
Laurelin Paige
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book I've written. :)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE at 99¢! (limited time) | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

LIVE at 99¢ on June 30th only!

Stand-alone.
LIVE at 99¢! (limited time) | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Micah Preston is Hollywood’s #1 sex symbol.
Now her job as a camera assistant h
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
A second chance-ish romance between a Hollywood star and a camera assistant. Micah and Maddie met seven years ago at a wrap party just before Micah became the Hollywood icon that he is now. The two had an instant connection that ended with an orgasm and an exchange of numbers, but Maddie never heard from him again.

Fast forward to seven years later, Maddie is now a camera assistant and is requested to work on a film with a director she abhors. But since the cameraman is someone she respects and h
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Micah Preston is Hollywood’s #1 sex symbol.”

Sex Symbol is the second Laurelin Paige book I have read in a month and I very much enjoyed both of them. Her writing is impeccable and has the ability to keep me fully engaged from start to finish. The plot and dialogue was fun, sexy and easy-going. This in turn made it a thoroughly enjoyable second-chance love story about a famous Hollywood sex symbol and a camera assistant who reunite, and discover the fire between them is far from burnt out…

Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4.5 Wow Stars

This book REALLY surprised me. I’m not a fan of light-hearted books. I picked up this book because it was on Kindle Unlimited and I was looking for a smutty book. You know something with no depth, but I was totally wrong!

This book is really good, it’s polished, it’s witty and I read it in one sitting. I was smiling the ENTIRE time I was reading and I wanted to read another book by the author when I finished.

I read this book blindly too, so I was really happy when I was done.

Micah
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
I'm giving this one...

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

**** 4 Seductive Lip Bites ****

Micah Preston is Hollywood's sexiest bachelor.

description

He's rich, famous and an eternal playboy. He doesn't believe in long-term romantic relationships in the Hollywood limelight. After all, they never seem to work, someone always gets hurt, and they are sure fire way to distract you from what your main focus should be... advancing your career. And, when you're as famous as Micah, you always have to wonder if someone is truly interested in you or
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
Sex Symbol is a very appropriate title to describe our Hero Micah and I loved this pairing. Micah the famous and sexy actor and Maddie, the down to earth assistant camera person. I like that they were both part of the business but in completely different roles.

We meet these two at party where Maddie and her friend Bree came to celebrate their graduation from film school. The instant attraction these two felt was hot! Right after making plans to meet again, Micah gets the news he's been waiting f
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
You know how you often wonder as a reader how you would rate a book you've read 2-3 years ago? Well I have now my answer. It's clearly stated in the blurb that Sex Symbol has been previously published as Take Two. As a fan of all things Laurelin Paige write, I already read the book many years ago. I knew who Micah Preston was and I was often wondering why this book didn't get the attention it deserved. At the time, I wasn't reviewing books so I never got the chance to declare how I loved Micah & ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
I'm a HUGE Laurelin Paige fan!! She writes some of the best alpha-makes I've ever read. Micah is her swooniest make lead yet!! He's handsome, sexy, and sweet. Although he's a bit stubborn at times, he still stole my heart. I love him!

Here's the breakdown:. Maddie meets Micah at a film school graduation party. They hit it off immediately, but circumstances get the way. Micah is intensely attracted to her, but makes a decision to place his career above love.

Here's what I loved:. Ummm....Micah!! He
Michelle
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Sex Symbol by Laurelin Paige is a quintessential Hollywood romance done right!!! This book was highly entertaining as it had every element that I loved. It had strong characters, fun and sexy dialogue, and had that sweet charm to keep you riveted. I love how Paige allowed readers to see and feel the attraction that Micah and Maddie had before and after they had reconnected several years later. It was great to see two characters that just fi
Sabrina
Jun 30, 2017 marked it as to-read
NOW LIVE! And 99c today (June 30th) only!!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2ttlZGo
Amazon UK:https://goo.gl/RbwDQD
Amazon CA: https://goo.gl/b2G9zj

Julia
Jun 20, 2017 marked it as fuck-no-pass
What I wouldn't give for this book but for the roles to be reversed! Is it really that hard to write a heroine that likes sex and is famous while the hero is the lowly camera guy? Guess it's too difficult for authors to imagine 😒
book bruin
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored and devoured this sweet second chance romance! It kept me up waaaayyyyy past my bedtime and had the perfect amount of angst, steam, and heart.

I loved Micah and Maddie! I was surprised by how quickly I became emotionally invested in them both individually and together. It's a testament to how well written and realistic these characters were. Micah is so jaded thanks to his history that he doesn't believe relationships can coexist and thrive with a successful career in Hollywo
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5 cute, quick stars!

I am a huge Paige fan, especially since Hudson Pierce entered my world, so i was looking forward to anything she was going to write!

I will start by saying I was sucked in completely with the first few pages...I had very high hopes that I was going to be falling hard, but then Micah Preston ruined my high!
Superstar

Ugh, This man was a pain in my ass from the get go, and honestly I had a hard time really connecting with him, let alone ever really giving him my approval! He is
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
If i liked the whole movie star thing then i would've really enjoyed this book!
But I don't...
descriptiondescription
Jayme
3,5 stars. Truth. I'm the Laurelin Paige 's fan. I like most of her books and original plots. But I'm not a big fan of famous Hollywood stories.

Cute and sexy with lots of turns, doubts and uncertainty. Their story is not trouble-free. They believe in other things and although have a lot in common they can not always agree with each other. It's a rollercoaster.

It's also kind of second chance romance. They met before the moments of fame and I really enjoyed that.

It's for those who like Hollywood
Karen Mc
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I LOVE a good second-chance romance where soulmates who lost each other are found. These stories of love found again speak to my soul...so many feels!!! In her newest angst-burning romance, Laurelin Paige takes readers for a smoldering spin around the Hollywood movie scene where the sexiest bad boy of a movie star is paired with a beautiful camera assistant in the seductive Sex Symbol.

Maddie is beautiful, bold, and brilliant, a strong and sassy heroine who I could not help but love and admire. A
Zairobe25
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-english
4,5.
I love this book!!!
No es una historia que vuele tu mente, pero yo la amé, me encantó, me hizo sentir mariposas.
Los protagonistas son adorables, los diálogos son entretenidos y dinámicos, es el libro con menos drama que he leído de esta autora, el más ligero, y para mi es el mejor que he leído de ella, aunque es la historia de de un actor mega estrella y sex simbol y de una asistente de cámara; aspirante a movie director, los sentí muy reales y muy creíbles. El comportamiento y las reacciones
***Cheryl***
4.5 stars.

This book starts with Maddie attending a party to celebrate her graduation. Whilst at the party she hooks up with mysterious stranger Micah. Micah promises to contact Maddie after she has to leave the party suddenly. However Maddie never receives that call.

Seven years later Maddie has been called in as a camera assistant on Micah Preston’s new film. Maddie remembers Micah Preston who is now Hollywood’s top leading man and playboy. Since his career took off Micah has always believed tha
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
3.5 Stars

It wasn't mind blowing but still enjoyable.
Things i liked were that there was no big drama like a crazy and jealous ex boyfriend/girlfriend
who wants to ruin the relationship.
Also no dark pasts or relationship-threatening secrets.
It was a realistic and light read with a little steam. Even though it could be more steamy :D
I missed that

-feeling which I def. had in the Fixed Series :D

Maddies insecurities were annoying now and then. Also Michas stubbornness to accept his feelings for Maddi
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Laurelin Paige is a favorite of mine for the stories she tells, the way she writes them, and for how much I enjoy reading her words. And, the hot sex. The really hot sex. That’s another reason. Maybe the first reason? There’s a scene on the wall of a trailer that I am still recovering from.

Second chance romance is a favorite of mine. I love the intensity of the connection when there is a history, but also the intensity of the fear of losing the person (or the chan
Liz
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Sex Symbol by Laurelin Paige. I found it to be a more lighthearted story and could not put it down.

Maddie Bauers graduated and is very focused and knows what she wants out of her career. She is determined to achieve her goals. She has been so focused on the future and her studies, that she has not let herself enjoy life. Then she meets Micah Preston at a party on the night she graduates and she finally lets herself go and has an experience she never forgets.

Now seven years l
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Binge read! This second chance romance was even better second time around! Full review to follow!

Maddie hooked up with some random hot guy at a college graduation party. She had no clue that he was an up and coming Hollywood actor.

Micah is one of Hollywood’s hottest stars. He is “King of the one night stand” and a total commitment-phobe.

Seven years after their hot and heavy hookup, Maddie ends up working as a camera women on one of Micah’s films. The cocky actor doesn’t seem to remember her or
Anne OK
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
A reconnect after first meeting 7 years ago, Hollywood leading man and camera assistant give it their best try at a relationship amidst the glamour, glitz and media blitz.

The sexual tension is explosive and the sex scenes blazing. Maddie is feisty, smart and stands up for herself (most of the time). Micah is all you would envision as the heartthrob movie star, and wary of being taken advantage of because of his status.

Pretty much your standard fare for the Hollywood trope. A fun read though!
Heaven Scheuring
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017, arc
I devoured this book! I loved both of the main characters, but Micah really touched my heart!! To swear off all relationships to protect his career because of what happened between his parents was truly heartbreaking! I'd love to tell you all about this, but I don't want to ruin this amazing book for you! This is an amazing 5 star read! Love, love, love this book! Laurelin, I'm in absolute awe of your writing abilities! You know how to suck me right in!
Pick up this 5 star read!!!
Amber
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off, good lord is this book well written. While I havent read a collosule ton of books in my 20 years of life. I have written alot, but I am nothing like Laurelin Paige. I swear this woman just pulls great plot and lovable character s outta thin air. This book was such a refreshing read from what I've been reading lately aside from a few books. What an original plot, and I loved Maddie & Micah. To sum up how I feel about this book. 5+ ★★★★★(: So damn good, and a must read for anyone wh ...more
Melanie (mells_view)
3.5 pretty good stars

This was a pretty okay read.
Nothing to write home about.
A semi-reluctant second chance romance, even though there wasn't any romance in the first place. Maybe a missed connection... in a weird they did connect way, but it just ended because of circumstances.

Ok you know what. It's low angst. There's a little bit of naughty. A love story that's a little rocky and rolly. If you like contemporary romance then go for it!
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whoa! Sex symbol was a surprised release and it was fantastic. Hollywood leading man meet sexy camera assistant. Micah and Maddie met at a party years before Micah became a super star. They were instantly attracted to each other – that night they shared one hot encounter but it was just one way. Maddie intended on returning the favor soon but Micah never called. It was like he disappeared into thin air except he was not. Maddie has to see his face all over tabloid magazines hanging on to differe ...more
  • Dazzled
  • Hero (Hero, #1)
  • Obsession
  • Famous (Famous, #1)
  • Almost Mine
  • Corrupted (The Manipulation Trilogy, #1)
  • Five Ways a Boy Can Break Your Heart
  • Stormswept
  • Blushing (The Brightside, #2)
  • Misguided Truths: Part One (Misjudged, #3)
  • Untitled (Honor, #6)
  • To Fix You
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Sense of Place (Thomas Elkin, #3)
  • Love Show
  • All the Pretty Poses (Pretty, #2)
  • The Marriage Agenda
  • Remove the Empty Spaces (Rags to Riches, #1)
Laurelin Paige is the NYT, WSJ, USA Today Bestselling Author of the international sensation, The Fixed Trilogy. She's also written other popular books in the Fixed Universe as well as the Dirty Universe and has cowritten with both Kayti McGee and Sierra Simone.
Are you looking for a romantic comedy or something hot and angsty? Here's Laurelin's list of books broken down by trope and reading o

Hollywood Heat (2 books)
  • Star Struck (Lights, Camera, #2)
“She’d read somewhere that the definition of crazy was doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.” 1 likes
“You're going to break me," she whispered. But she was wrong. "You're the one who's going to break me." She would. He knew it now. She was going to break him into so many pieces he wouldn't be able to recognize himself. And he was totally looking forward to it.” 0 likes