Start by marking “Plum Tea Crazy (A Tea Shop Mystery, #19)” as Want to Read:
Plum Tea Crazy (A Tea Shop Mystery, #19)

(A Tea Shop Mystery #19)

Theodosia Browning investigates a Charleston steeped in tradition and treachery in the latest Tea Shop Mystery from New York Times bestselling author Laura Childs.

Published March 6th 2018 by Berkley Books

Tracey
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
In a book I read recently, someone's "rules for writing and life" are cited – one of which was "don't use more than two similes per page". Laura Childs probably doesn't actually exceed that … but her writing made me realize anew that it's not the quantity of simile but the quality that counts. For example, Robin McKinley uses lots and lots of similes, and they almost invariably elicit a reaction – they make me smile, or put a lump in my throat, or make me laugh out loud, or make me feel that lit ...more
Karen
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I was delighted to be selected to read Laura Childs new cozy, Plum Tea Crazy. This is the newest book in the series and is book #19. This one comes out on March 6th. I love the idea of this series, the cover and Drayton. The dog Earl Grey is also a particular favorite. In this mystery like so many in this series there is a lot going on, so much so that it is easy to miss motives and reasoning. This book is a heavily layered who-dun-it with a wonderful tea menu and recipes as well.
Chris Conley
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy these mysteries as much for the tea, recipes, Charleston and its environs as the actual mystery. This one seemed to have a lot going on that kept me from sinking into it as much as usual. Theodosia and her crew are always entertaining.
Amy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm a huge fan of this series and wow--19 books! This one just didn't hit the mark for me. In the first two-thirds of the book, Haley acts like a gossip columnist instead of the chef and third in charge. Just didn't care for her snarky attitude but it changes once her cousin James arrives.

I know the cozy genre defies logic when the owner of the business has time to sleuth while the business continues to run successfully but when Theodosia rushes out an hour before the Plum Blossom Tea luncheon
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Laura Childs once again has a hit on her hands. In book nineteen in the Tea Shop Mystery, Theodosia is shocked to find a murdered banker. At first, people believed that the live canons had killed him and caused him to fall onto a fence below but Theodosia soon learns that he was first shot by an arrow before he fell to his death.

This time, there are quite a lot of suspects that could have done this and Childs does a fantastic job of circling the characters and giving each one of them a solid
Betty
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, cozy, e-books, crafts
It has been awhile since I read a Laura Child's book. I am pleased to see that the book was not full of various teas but focus on the plot. It started with excitement and moved fast with turmoil throughout the book. Theodosia was not the victim but close friends were hurt. Many of the regulars are present and her affair with a homicide detective Riley continues.
Theo is attending a party given by a close friend, Timothy Neville and Carson Lanier, a banker is shot and fell to his death from the ba
Yvonne
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Theodosia “Theo” Browning, along with her sidekick and employee, Drayton Connelly is enjoying the Gaslights and Galleons Parade at Timothy Neville’s Charleston mansion. Suddenly a body shockingly falls over the railing to his death. The victim is Carson Lanier, a local banker and this is not looking like an accident at all. Timothy pleads with Theo to use her investigative skills to find out who could have done such a thing.

Theo and Drayton are immediately on the case. They dig through Carson’s
Jessica
Dec 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
First, thank you to the publisher's for providing a free electronic preview copy via NetGalley.

I have been aware of this series for many years, and always intended to pick up a volume. Starting with volume 19 may not have been the best initiation point, for I was frankly disappointed. 4+ star reviews, gorgeous covers, and my love of tea may have resulted in unrealistic expectations.

The pacing seemed erratic. The protagonist bungee-d back and forth between almost every possible suspect. I had the
Susan
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, wom2018, 2018-reads
I requested an advanced reading copy from Penguin's First to Read program because I have read the other volumes in this series. I had high hopes that Theodosia would become more developed as a character. Instead, I found that the author used a formula that has been present in the last few books in the series. There is a murder at a society event early in the book and then Theodosia locks in on a suspect. She's surprised when there are personal attacks on her but she continues to investigate and ...more
Lisa Morin
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can never get enough of this fabulous series by Laura Childs.
I remember the first time I picked up one of these books, I was automatically hooked.
I feel like I would know Theo and Drayton anywhere.
The dynamic duo not only brew up an amazing cup of tea, but their unique way of solving mysteries are just as fun.

While attending a private party, Theo watches a man drop to his death, she thinks surely it was an accident.
When Theo runs to his aid, she makes a gruesome discovery which leads her and D
Ellen
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Plum Tea Crazy by Laura Childs.

Although this is my 18th book read in this series this will be my 9th review. It should be obvious since I've continued reading this series throughout it's duration thus far that I truly enjoy the book(s) as well as the characters. I'd like to disclose a bit more of what motivates me to carry on in the Tea Shop series.

I want to be there, not just find the characters realistic or the setting pleasant, which they both are. I just plain want to enter the Indigo Tea S
Kathleen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
“Plum Tea Crazy” earns 5+/5 Plum-infused Tea…Deliciously Entertaining!

Theodosia Browning is back, and I'm channeling my inner Sherlock with Laura Childs’s nineteenth book in her Tea Shop Mystery series. I have read several of her books, so I am aware of background and character connections, but newbies need not shy way even though the peripheral storylines and character development are well established. There are enough references to keep a budding fan totally engaged. “Plum Tea Crazy” begins wi
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There’s always a cup of trouble in the Tea Shop Mysteries. This nineteenth installment is no exception.

Some of my best times reading have been spent in the Indigo Tea Shop. I can vividly smell the smells, imagine the tastes of all the delicious offerings, hear the clink of spoons to fine bone china, as well as the voices of Theo and Drayton. When not talking about tea, they’re talking about murder. And I’m always wrapped up in every word of it!

PLUM TEA CRAZY was a great mystery. I pondered every
Lori
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
When a banker shot with an antique crossbow falls from Timothy Neville's roof becoming impaled on the iron fencing thus meeting his death, Theodosia, who was present at the event, feels compelled to help her boyfriend Detective Pete Riley and his superior Detective Burt Tidwell with the investigation. She does uncover useful clues for the detectives but endangers those around her in the process. Theodosia's lists of suspects includes the wife of the victim, a colleague of the victim, a man invol ...more
Under the Covers Book Blog
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

This time,
Paula
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-shelf
Plum Tea Crazy is the 19th book of the Tea Shop mystery series by Laura Childs. In this book, we visit Charleston along with the Indigo Tea Shop. Theodosia Browning, the owner of the shop, along with Drayton, her tea connoisseur and Haley, the one who makes the delicious fare, keep the tea shop humming along. It's always busy. Theo, Drayton and others are watching the Parade of Ships from a friend's widow walk. One of the watchers falls to his death and Theo finds herself in the middle of a murd ...more
Pamela
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The latest offering in the Tea Shop series by Laura Childs. As always, a very good read. I love Theodosia's wild antics in tracking down the killer and this installment does not disappoint. The descriptions of Old Charleston and surrounding areas, the events and galas makes you yearn to travel. Not to mention, the fantastic teas and offerings at the Indigo Tea Shoppe.
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN#9780451489609
Laurachilds.com
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Daniele

Synopsis:

While viewing the harbor’s Gaslights and Galleons Parade from the widow’s walk of Timothy Neville’s Charleston mansion, local banker Carson Lanier seemingly tumbles over a narrow railing, then plunges three stories to his death. But a tragic accident becomes something much more sinister when it’s discovered that the victim was f
Patty
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
By
Laura Child’s

What it's all about...

Theodosia owns a tea shop in Charleston. Apparently she is the kind of person who loves to get involved in happenings in her town. However for Theodosia most of the things that she gets involved in involve a murder or two. Although this is my first tea shop book I know that these books are incredibly popular. This author has written tons of them! I usually like to read a series in order but this one was easy to get into. The author did an excell
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
While viewing the harbor's Gaslights and Galleons Parade from the widow's walk of Timothy Neville's Charleston mansion, local banker Carson Lanier seemingly tumbles over a narrow railing, then plunges three stories to his death. But a tragic accident becomes something much more sinister when it's discovered that the victim was first shot with a bolt from a crossbow.

At the request of the mansion owner, Theodosia investigates the tragedy and is soon neck deep in suspects. An almost ex-wife, a cowo
Terry Ambrose
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Theodosia and the gang are back in another tea shop mystery that should keep you guessing until the end. The usual cast of characters are present. There's Theo’s sidekick Drayton, who is always willing to help. Haley has plenty of yummy recipes. And don't forget heartthrob Detective Pete Riley. Of course, Theo again crosses swords with the smart, but ever-obnoxious Detective Tidwell. Theo and Tidwell disagree over who’s a suspect and who’s not, making this mystery a virtual Charleston Who’s Who ...more
Debbie Maskus
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
For some unknown reason, I am behind in reading the Tea Shop Mysteries, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading Plum Tea Crazy. A new shop owner appears in town and the killings begin. Who can be silently killing these individuals, but Theodosia rushes in where fools fear to tread. I adore the mix of adventure, tea blends, and mouth-watering recipes in each of the mysteries. Laura Childs does not sink into the psychological mind of the killer but stirs the senses in her cozy mystery. The characters in ...more
Ann
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
It's so hard to believe that this is book 19 in the Tea Shop Mystery series. Theodosia and Drayton are serving up tea to the folks of Charleston and in this story they witness the murder of a local banker while attending a tall ship review. As always there are a large number of suspects and the clues are well placed to help you solve the crime. The recipes are an added bonus to this book. Somehow Laura Childs keeps the series fresh and interesting. An enjoyable read for all ages.
Leah
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was quite fun. I enjoyed the mystery; it was entertaining and kept me guessing until the end. The Southern setting was lovely; it felt like being back in Charleston, SC. The teas and deserts and other dishes sounded delicious; it made me want a cup or two of tea.
April Schilling
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful series! I love reading about Theodosia, Drayton and Haley as well as all of their friends. I can just picture the Indigo Tea Shop every time I read a new book in the series and it's such a lovely, magical place.
Patricia Romero
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, tea, cozy-mystery
This is the 19th book in this series and I have read them all. For the characters, the setting and of course the tea and recipes! It's like visiting with old friends.

The characters are still evolving and we have some new additions to the group. Drayton is even a bit looser in this one and we meet more of Haley's family. Theodosia has a nice boyfriend and that is coming along nicely. We still have Tidwell, who I enjoy very much, but Detective Riley is more Theo's cup of tea.

This one was also hila
Taryn
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
A lovely series filled with great characters and it always has an exciting mystery to delve into.
Susan Lindemulder
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is a fun, quick read. Each book features the same characters so they become like old friends. Plus, bonus recipes in the back of every book and suggestions for hosting your own "tea parties". Just an enjoyable read.
Laurie
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, fiction, beach, tea
I do like the Tea book series from Laura Childs. This one,like her others had a murder in the first chapter. Theodosia,the owner of the Indigo Tea Shop in Charleston sets out to find the murderer,albeit to the dismay of the police dept. Once again I did not figure out the murderer. Lots of mouth watering teas served. Quirky characters,good story line. In the back are very good recipes and even themes for tea parties.Lovely read.
Renee
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, 300-utd
I gave Childs one more chance and, well, she failed. I think I figured out why, though.

With every book Childs has done some things that annoyed me. For example, do I really need to hear all about Theodosia's gorgeous auburn hair every book? As in, at least a paragraph's worth over the course of the book? I don't think so. Is it important to have readers understand that Theodosia has good taste and impeccable style? Maybe, but do we really need to know, in every book, that she has an Aubusson rug
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #107 - Plum Tea Crazy 3 3 Aug 01, 2018 03:33PM

• Thread Herrings (Mainely Needlepoint, #7)
  • Harvest of Secrets (Wine Country Mysteries, #9)
  • Better Off Thread (An Embroidery Mystery #10)
  • A Vintage Death (Keepsake Cove Mystery, #2)
  • The Final Vow (Living History Museum, #3)
  • Knock on Wood (Superstition Mystery, #2)
  • Facials Can Be Fatal (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #13)
  • A Whole Latte Murder (A Java Jive Mystery, #3)
  • Silence of the Jams (Down South Café Mystery #2)
  • Get Me to the Grave on Time
  • A Date with Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #47)
  • A Ghostly Reunion (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #5)
  • Called to Justice (Quaker Midwife Mystery #2)
  • Silence of the Lamps (Caprice De Luca Mystery, #5)
  • No Way Home (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #5)
  • Death of a Lobster Lover (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #9)
  • Color Me Dead (Henry Park, #1)
  • Murder at the Mansion (A Kelly Jackson Mystery #2)
Laura Childs is a pseudonym for Gerry Schmitt and she is the best-selling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, the Scrapbook Mysteries, and the Cackleberry Club Mysteries.

Laura Childs is the New York Times bestselling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, Scrapbook Mysteries, and Cackleberry Club Mysteries. In her previous life she was CEO/Creative Director of her own marketing firm and authored several

A Tea Shop Mystery (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Gunpowder Green (A Tea Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Shades of Earl Grey (A Tea Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The English Breakfast Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #4)
  • The Jasmine Moon Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Chamomile Mourning (A Tea Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Blood Orange Brewing (A Tea Shop Mystery, #7)
  • Dragonwell Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery, #8)
  • The Silver Needle Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Oolong Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery, #10)