Start by marking “ADAM (Divine Bloodline Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
ADAM (Divine Bloodline Trilogy, #1)

ADAM (Divine Bloodline Trilogy, #1)

When the unearthing of the Ark of the Covenant results in the discovery of the bones of an angel, a government program seeks out descendants of the divine being. Scientists confirm the existence of Nephilim, descendants of the Divine Bloodline who exhibit unique supernatural abilities. These individuals soon find themselves at offs with society.

Sisters Piper and Wren knew
Published September 19th 2017 by Ryder Lyne Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about ADAM, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ADAM

Start your review of ADAM (Divine Bloodline Trilogy, #1)
Shae Petersen
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really quick and easy read. It reminded me of a cross between the Da Vinci code and X-men. I loved the structure of the story. The prologue really captivated me when the Nephila were introduced and incorporated some religious history. The chapters from there rotated between characters which allowed the story to be told layer by layer. The whole ADAM compound and Nephila people were interesting concepts that made this a great Dystopian novel. The end had so much action and shock ...more
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Many years ago there was a trilogy about Nephilim by L. A. Marzulli and this reminded me of that but like as if it was a rough draft idea that got tossed then picked up again and sprinkled with a taste of a storyline from X-Men. You get the scifi element mixed in with a historical feel and some religion and all you need is a couple of brothers and you’d have yourself a hit CW show. There were a lot of elements that felt pulled from other books and movie plot lines so as a whole it wasn’t unique ...more
RABT Book Tours and PR
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Promo Blitz - Adam: The Divine Bloodline @ryderlyne #SciFic
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Many thanks to Ryder Lyne and Netgalley for the free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review.

So the X-Men are angels? Is that what I'm getting here? Humans with divine DNA apprehended by a government agency named Provision are studied and kept from society. But Provision isn't what it seems to be. It's tied to War, Famine, and Pestilence. Oh, and don't forget Judas.
I have a few problems with the copy I've received. The is a great necessity for proofreading. Sentence structure is
Cathy
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author for my honest review.

The Ark of the Covenant is found. It contains the body of an Angel. A sinister company, Provision, is imposing itself on the lives of citizens and changing people’s attitudes. They know exactly what they are doing and are closing in on their goals. One of which is separating gifted people from the general public.

The gifted ones are subjected to living in controlled compounds, ADAM, where they are kept as prisoners and
Shawntay
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an interesting storyline! Such a unique concept, very much like a biblical X-Men. I Would highly suggest reading this book! I can't wait for the next book in the series
Kathryn at Book Ink Reivews
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A copy of this review can be found at Book Ink Reviews.

SPNFamily and lesser devotedSupernatural fans rejoice! You have just found your literary companion to the end of the world complete with Nephilim and the Four Horsemen.

Ryder Lyne has taken Biblical hints and turned it into a thrilling supernatural ride where the Arc of the Covenant is found and unleashes powers in humans with watered down Nephilim DNA.

Though there are times where she gets a bit too technical in wording (i.e. "...her stubby
Jiawei
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley.

I loved the supernatural plot. There's the Arc of the Covenant that was found by an archaeological group. Then there's the genetically altered humans with Nephilim genes in them taken from the Nephilim corpse in the Arc and the Four Horsemen included.

The prologue started with how an evil corporation rose through society and their hand in the creation of more Nephilims, which leads us to the protagonists --- Wren and Piper. There
Sarah1983
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Loved the concept of this book, thought the general plot was fantastic. Sadly, the writing really spoiled it for me. It felt like the author was trying way too hard and it made it incredibly hard to follow the story at times either because I had to read something several times before it really made sense or because of the wording used. I mean, who calls a pinky finger a squat phalange? A lot of it seemed unnecessarily wordy and the constant descriptions of people with onyx hair, sapphire eyes, ...more
Jill Elizabeth
Sep 26, 2017 marked it as done-with
Shelves: gave-up-on
Like so many other reviewers, I struggled with this one. It's a fascinating idea - how could it not be, with an evil corporation, weak government, the Smithsonian, the Ark of the Covenant, meta-humans, and angels/nephilim all blended together? I think the problem I had is that it tried to be a fascinating book with/for/about all those things simultaneously, and that seems to have proved to be a bit more than the story could handle...

There is great potential here. There were sections that I tore
Valerie
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I wasn't wowed with this book. It had great elements, but I had a hard time with some of the language used and the fact that it felt like it needed two or three more rounds of edits to feel finished. I never really connected with the characters. I feel a major factor in that was related to the authors word choice. I really enjoyed the plot and storyline of this book. I felt like the author did a wonderful job quickly establishing the sci-fi part of the world in this book. I knew this was the ...more
Jack
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Copy provided by Net Gallery.

Okay, so I'm 10% in and I feel I need to stop. going to do a brief review, read maybe another 5-10%, but my hopes aren't high.

Premise started off good, corporation rising to power. You infer it's a bit sinister. I thought it could have been done a bit better, but it caught my interest. We jump to a dig site, they're trying to find the Arc of the Covenant. Cool, good so far. The dialogue is a bit clunky, but I can live with it, it's not bad.

But what happens next,
SA
Everything about the description of this story had me hooked. Unfortunately, after a promising start, the storyline bogged down and I lost interest in both the plot and the characters.

I received a copy of ADAM (Divine Bloodline Trilogy, #1) from NetGalley and Ryder Lyne Books, LLC in exchange for an honest review.
Ryder Lyne
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is an entirely biased review and undoubtedly a ploy to get you to read the book, but rest assured there will be no spoilers. In fact, this is the least helpful review you could possibly come across in GoodReads simply by knowing that only an author with self-diagnosed narcissism would have the nerve to review their book, let alone give it a 5 star rating. Tacky, I entirely agree.

So, I’ll remove my five star and fittingly give it a four for the following reasons.

1. This book was primarily
Samantha Myers
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for this review copy in exchange for an honest review.

For all the great things the summary gave you I was disappointed in this. I don’t know if it was the writing or the plot but nothing clicked about this for me like I was hoping which is sad because I was hoping to like it.
Deidre Sequeira
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It's got this X-Men vibe that keeps you intrigued and wanting more. Once I started, I had to force myself to stop because I had some adulting to do, but you better believe the story was on my mind the entire time. I'm so excited to see how the story progresses!!
Nikki
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ryder Lyne has a very unique writing style that paints a vivid picture of her characters and her world. The characters will remain in your mind long after reading. This debut is shows promise for Lyne's writing in the future and I can't wait to see what else comes. Well done.
Morgan Farris
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant premise. Promising writing. A story I will continue to follow, for sure. Buy this book!
Sonja Gosnell
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from Ryder Lyne in addition to purchasing the kindle edition of ADAM. I must say, I am very pleased with this book! The entire storyline is unique and intriguing, and I found myself clinging to each page as I read. We begin the story with a branch of the government's quest to locate the Arc of the Covenant, and the story only progresses from there. I won't tell you what happens because you should read this book for yourself! The story follows a interesting set of characters who ...more
Charley Jenkinson
Sep 30, 2017
Maddie
added it
Oct 10, 2017

• Initiated (Kings of Miskatonic Prep #2)
  • Shunned (Kings of Miskatonic Prep, #1)
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)
  • Outcast (Kings of Mercia Academy #1)
  • The Lie (Kings of Linwood Academy #2)
  • Defiant Princess (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #2)
  • The Help (Kings of Linwood Academy, #1)
  • Broken Empire (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #3)
  • Savage Royals (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #1)
  • Boys of Oak Park Prep - The Complete Box Set: A High School Bully Romance Series
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Crestfallen (Spellcrest Academy #2)
  • Alien Tribute (Tsenturion Masters #2)
  • Spellcrest Academy (Spellcrest Academy, #1)
  • His Queen of Clubs (Vegas Underground, #6)
  • Joker's Wild (Vegas Underground, #5)
  • Mafia Daddy (Vegas Underground, #4)
  • Ace of Hearts (Vegas Underground #3)