Start by marking “My Undead Heart” as Want to Read:
My Undead Heart

My Undead Heart

I have a dead heart.

Okay, so it beats just fine. But I’m never going to be that girl. The woman who swoons over a cocky smirk and flirty pickup line. The best leading men in my life are of the fictional variety. How could any real man live up to that fantasy? Simple answer. He can’t.

But then Matt Haywood crashes into my world. He’s the fallen fighter I don’t want to root
Published November 9th 2017 by Kacey Shea Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about My Undead Heart, please sign up.
Kacey Shea Yes! I have My Undead Heart signed paperbacks available on my website www.kaceysheabooks.com. Paperbacks will also be available from Amazon and Barnes…moreYes! I have My Undead Heart signed paperbacks available on my website www.kaceysheabooks.com. Paperbacks will also be available from Amazon and Barnes & Noble next month (as of November 9th) once it re-releases officially outside of the Hot & Sinful Nights e-book boxed set collection. Thank you!(less)

Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape)
Amazeballs for sure! Be prepared to laugh loud and have the person behind you in line wonder what your reading.

Full review coming soon!
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Mia is not your typical lead female. She's a top video game designer, total Walking Dead nerd, and has become a bit of a cold-hearted B to protect herself after a bad relationship in her past. Luckily, she has her best friend Jared (I love him. We *all* need a Jared in our lives) and his sister Rae to keep her sane.

Matt was so sweet. He's a former UFC/MMA fighter who now owns a gym. Let me be clear. I am not a huge fan of sports romances. But Matt is so much more than a meathead. He is sweet, h
Brandy Roberts
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed My undead heart with lovable characters and story line that will have you hooked till the very end . This would be the first book I read by Kacey Shea and it wont be my last an author who can have cats named after one of the walking dead characters has got to my kind of people plus when you add hilarious banter . There wasn't anything I didn't love about this story and my cover lover senses are tingly while looking at this cover . Mia is a tough cookie it's understandable why sh ...more
Aaly
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided  by the author for an honest review. ***

This is not the first book I’ve read by Kacey Shea, and I felt like it was the first time. I’m always surprised by the balance of humor, sexy bits and definitely emotional ones, switching to one moment to another with such easiness.

I was expecting something less emotional, it just took me by surprise. The tone of book was really refreshing, keeping me interested, intrigued and entertained.

The heroine, Mia was so someone who I c
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Kacey Shea had me laughing from the beginning of Mia and Matt's story in My Undead Heart. I mean who names their cat after a Walking Dead character except for a bad ass chick like Mia. It wasn't long until I was completely enraptured with Matt and Mia and their game obsessed, MMA worlds. I couldn't wait for them to get down and dirty and find their happy ever after together.

Mia Shultz is a lover of the undead with zombies being at the top of h
Kylee
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Undead Heart is a story that will thaw out even the coldest heart. Mia and Matt's story is one of pasts dictating the present and impacting on what could be your future. Their story deals with abuse and how it impacts on you both physically and mentally as well as the people around you. It made me laugh and at times made me cry but most of all it gives you hope and shows you that when you find the right person that even the most undead heart will be woken with the strength and tenderness that ...more
Erin Toland
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Are you a fan of The Walking Dead? Well don't let this title fool you. Mia is not ready for love but love is knocking on her door in the form of ex-UFC fighter, Matt.

Matt doesn't seem to have his sh*t together, but when it comes to Mia he's got a plan and it's a good one.

I really enjoyed the interaction between these two characters. They were like night and day and yet the dusk is where they blended so well, cause even zombies have to come out and play sometime. This book is definitely differe
Kacey Shea
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
My Undead Heart has a new look! A huge thank you to Sommer, Wander, and Forest for this fantastic cover.
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, review-copies
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
I've reviewed for Kacey for a while now and I'm happy to admit that my excitement over her books has only increased with each release! I didn't know anything about this book except that our main character is a zombie lover. As soon as I fond out about that small detail, I was all in. I'm not obsessed with zombies myself but I do love a quirky character that's immediately sets herself apart from other main characters I usually read about.
Ou
Brandi
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first time reading this author, and I like her writing style. But I had a hard time connecting with Mia.

Where we know Matt's backstory early on, it isn't until the 70% mark that we learn Mia's. I'm all for holding on to some mystery, but waiting that long to reveal her issue, especially when it's obvious it's something big, only made it harder to empathize with her actions up to that point. Sure, the defensiveness made sense then, but I'd rather have understood her reasons sooner. I
Pam
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shea-kacey
Mia's life seems simple enough. She's brilliant, a video game creator extraordinaire with best friends who always have her back. What more could a girl want? Romance? No! Mia's been burned so badly that love's a bad four-letter word. She's content with her cosplay, dressing up as a zombie, living her life for herself. But is she really happy? She's built walls within walls to protect her heart. She feels like the undead zombie she pretends to be. Matt Haywood's a former MMA champion turned gym o ...more
Gwen Shafer
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kacey never writes a bad book as far as I am concerned. This is a different type of book for her. But I absolutely loved it none the less. This one is about zombies and two people who are different falling for each other. Mia is cold hearted after a bad relationship and doesn't believe that there is someone out there for her. She isn't even interested in a relationship she is more interested in The Walking Dead and zombies.
Matt is a fallen fighter just trying to make it from day to day without
The Book Cave  (Devon Farrow )
I loved this book from beginning to end!!

Mia is different than any other female lead I've read. She is tough & fierce. She is somewhat cold hearted from a bad past relationship. She has her bestfriend Jared who every woman wishes to have. A total #TWD fan (girl after my own heart) and top video designer.

Matt is a former MMA fighter who now has his own gym trainer others to do what he did.
He is sweet, polite, and caring.

Matt and Mia have some chemistry most look for and never find.

This bo
Liz
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved My Undead Heart by Kacey Shea. It had such a wonderful, fun and strong heroine who knew what she wanted. After a bad relationship left her hurt, she has determined to protect her heart at all cost.

Mia was no longer interested in romance. Men were just not worth it, and none lived up to her expectations. Does this make her cold-hearted? Maybe, but it was worth protecting herself.

Enter Matt Haywood. Matt was everything she was not looking for. He was a former UFC champ who was cocky, but
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Kacey Shea, so I will ALWAYS read whatever she puts out, but I wasn't quite sure what to expect with My Undead Heart! However, I was BLOWN AWAY with the awesome goodness that made for a very entertaining afternoon read. The only way to describe Mia, is that she's a super sexy nerd, and makes no apologies for it. She's obsessed with gaming, as she's a top video game designer, with an obsession with The Walking Dead, but won't even entertain a relationship, after getting hideously ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Mia is a girl after my own heart. How can I not connect to a character that loves, The Walking Dead and Zombies in general? We're kindred spirits.. enough about my love for Mia.

I loved this story for many reasons and not just because she loves Zombies. Shea really made this beautiful story. Mia is very unwilling to let her guard down and especially when Matt comes along. But you can only fight fate for so long. Their relationship doesn’t really have any kind of label. Mia is in a constant fight
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Cute, funny, and sweet My Undead Heart was so much fun to read. Even being fun, it still held a more serious undertone that brought it up from just being a fun read and kept me hooked the entire time. Mia isn’t your typical woman. Not interested in pretty face with big muscles or charming lines. She’s a girl after my own zombie loving geeky heart. She’d rather dress as an extra for The Walking Dead than go full glam any day. When she meets former MMA fighter, now gym owner and coach Matt the att ...more
Ann Kelly-Uhryn
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Undead Heart by Kacey Shea is part of the Hot & Sinful Nights: A Hot Romance Boxed Set

Reviewed on behalf of Reading Through Her Eyes blog

Mia is a 34 year old single girl who loves all things Zombie related and feels like her heard it undead. She's an independent woman who won't change for anyone, nor is she interested in romance. Matt is an ex MMA fighter whom has crashed into her life, despite her attempts to blow him off. He's determined to show her she's wrong with thinking she's cold,
Jasmina
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
My first book by this writer and I have to say that I'm impressed. The book was WOW. Fighters who fights to win. Muscles. Quite interesting, sexy and fun reading.
Mia was disappointed in love. She thinks something is wrong with her. That she has cold heart. She close her hart and she don't allow anybody to enter it. But when Matt gets into her life everything changes. At first she thinks he's empty, without any imagination, and that he is a total ass.
But Matt is not the guy who quit that easily,
Tiffany Coffman
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Matt and Mia, what can I say?

This book was an awesome read. Mia and Matt both have their issues and it takes them time to work through them. But when they do? Hot, hot, hot! Kacey did a great job with this story and I can't to see what she comes up with next!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Melissa Schaub
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a blast to read. Mia is so different from other heroines that it was a refreshing and a pleasure to read. Mia has been on a mission to ban men from her life and she is doing an amazing job of it, until she meets Matt. Matt is determined to keep his gym open and chance after the nervous Mia. When doubts start to rise and secrets start to break them will they be able to stick together or will it be over before it starts??
Guys.... seriously go get this book now! You will seriously lo
Deb
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is painfully good. There's fighting; in the gym and in the head. There's secrets; past and present. There were times I wanted to yell at Mia to share a bit of her past with Matt, while I wanted to yell at Matt to open up too. Funny how the heart may choose what the head will argue against! Overall great storyline and fun characters!
*I'm sharing my honest review in appreciation for receiving an advanced reader copy of "My Undead Heart"*
Cynthia Carpenter
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Matt is a ex MMA figher turned coach.having aldome money issues and takes on a few jobs on the side to help.
Mia is a TWD fan and works at video game company . She has had a hard past and trying to stay the way she wants.
Matt and Mia meets and its instant attraction.
When they see each she want to avoid it and wants to pursue it. When she ask for self defense classes she trades him for doing his web page. When they make a bet to go one four dates will this make or break them.
This book is amazing a
Court
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, I couldn't put it down. The characters pulled at my heart strings and I felt like I was there with them throughout the story. I loved the banter between Matt and Mia. I also enjoyed all the zombie and UFC combination throughout the entire book. Loved it!
Melissa Meyer
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kacey nailed it with this amazing book!! I could not put this book down with well developed characters and a story that pulled on my emotions. If your looking for a book to melt your heart this would be it.
Ariadna Basulto
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mia loves all things undead and zombies are at the very top of that list for her. She's a tough chick who thinks love is four letter word. Matt is a struggling business owner too busy with a fledgling business to deal with Mia's zombie shenanigans, but she comes crashing into his world anyhow. When MMA hunk meets zombie gamer-chick, hilariously awesome sparks fly!

Witty, sweet, and sexy, Kacey Shae absolutely slays (see what I did there lol) with My Undead Heart. And geez, I never thought I'd wa
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Another great book from Kacey, I loved this one. The characters are so lovable and are kind of perfect for one another. The story line was great and very well written. The past will always dictate our futures, but it's what you do that will have you learning from it or cowering to it. Will these two cower or will they move on and find that happiness This is must read!!
Ruthie Henrick
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arcs
This book has everything that makes Kacey Shea one of my go-to authors! A great story line, characters I love - even when I want to wring their necks, and off-the-charts steamy sex scenes. This one's definitely a knockout!
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mia is obsessed with gaming and is a top game designer, and the last thing she wants is to be involved in any relationship. Matt is determined to convince Mia to give them a chance, as he sees through her defences, and can see the woman she is underneath. These two are total opposites, yet perfect for each other. I loved the humorous banter between all of the characters. This is a sweet, fun, and entertaining read with plenty of laughs out lout moments. This author has written an amazing storyli ...more
Kristen Zimmerman (Book 'Em Krafty)
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

I loved it! I didn’t want to put this one down. I was surprised that there were a few laugh out loud moments. While the Zombies worked for this story, I could have done without all of the Walking Dead and Zombies. Yeah I know, I’m weird. Anyway, I loved Matt and Mia. And Jared, can’t forget Jared! The characters and the story were fantastic.

*I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book*

« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please help update cover 5 203 Jan 23, 2018 09:30AM
Join Kacey's newsletter to receive a free book ↦ http://www.subscribepage.com/kaceyshe...

Kacey Shea is a mom of three, wife, and USA Today bestselling author who resides in sunny Arizona. She enjoys reading and writing romance novels as much as her son loves unicorns, which is a lot.

When she's not writing you will find her playing taxi cab to her children while belting out her favorite tunes, me